Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Kouichi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2016
Messages
449
Reaction score
951
Country
Estonia
He's completely fucking serious.

No joke. He means everything he says, at least about Fairy Tail.
He's the biggest fan of the series I've ever seen in my life. If the word 'Fairy-tard' has any meaning, it would be synonymous with Jason Keiffer. He blocks anyone that says anything remotely negative about FT or Hiro Mashima, joking or not.
Don't really like talking shit behind someone's back, but I just can't help it with this guy lmao
Isn't he the one who just said Gray or Gajeel >> Erza because he discredit the fact she only borrow magic from Wendy Natsu and Gray?

Anyways I should have put God Serena instead of Invel.. lol.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
Yo, so Laxus mid diffing a Erza lvl mage, then still having enough power to beat her is honestly gonna solidify him being at least Top Tier Spriggan in base for me at this point. Erza has clearly made good on her mother’s legacy as well. I kind of need this tired Mira to push Gray to the limits so we can argue all the S class has stepped onto this stage at least. I would hope by the end of 100YQ the S class at least are standing where everyone can acknowledge them standing shoulder to shoulder with the Spriggan’s God tier. I need that to be a settled fact by then. An that’s what makes the DG being Acno level feel more organic and real. They need to keep besting stronger opponents to solidify and showcase that level of power. The DE showings so far are entirely superior to what the Spriggan accomplished. Skullion and Madmole’s performances have allowed several clashes and they haven’t been properly defeated. An the reveal that they have DF, adds a level to their perceived threat. An the fact the least interesting member is the one who’s creating and about to deliver on that hype is amazing to me. Especially coupled with the reveal of this new faction of Diablos. These Dragon Knights alone could potentially provide the necessary fights to deliver ascendant battles for the S Class. An if they all ate Acno’s arm? An got different dragon attributes because his attribute was magic itself. 😎 Possibilities abound. I’m really excited for this year. An that’s not even mentioning how good EZ has been.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I don't think Kyria is Erza level at all. And I think Laxus beat Kyria with less than medium difficulty.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
I don't think Kyria is Erza level at all. And I think Laxus beat Kyria with less than medium difficulty.
Kyria was able to best Erza once with her hax, and again in her red pants, forcing Erza to reveal the new dragon aspect of her shattered sword. An was still ready to fight after Erza’s armor enhanced sword spell. Those feats don’t disappear. Erza did everything but reveal her enchantment trump cards. An it was an interrupted fight, that still left Era with the impression she was strong enough that she was surprised Laxus beat her in the time it took her to entrap Jellal. An she was fighting seriously against Laxus. His handling of her is nothing but impressive. An definitely a feat, even before paired with the fact is part of a back to back performance.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yo, so Laxus mid diffing a Erza lvl mage, then still having enough power to beat her is honestly gonna solidify him being at least Top Tier Spriggan in base for me at this point. Erza has clearly made good on her mother’s legacy as well. I kind of need this tired Mira to push Gray to the limits so we can argue all the S class has stepped onto this stage at least. I would hope by the end of 100YQ the S class at least are standing where everyone can acknowledge them standing shoulder to shoulder with the Spriggan’s God tier. I need that to be a settled fact by then. An that’s what makes the DG being Acno level feel more organic and real. They need to keep besting stronger opponents to solidify and showcase that level of power. The DE showings so far are entirely superior to what the Spriggan accomplished. Skullion and Madmole’s performances have allowed several clashes and they haven’t been properly defeated. An the reveal that they have DF, adds a level to their perceived threat. An the fact the least interesting member is the one who’s creating and about to deliver on that hype is amazing to me. Especially coupled with the reveal of this new faction of Diablos. These Dragon Knights alone could potentially provide the necessary fights to deliver ascendant battles for the S Class. An if they all ate Acno’s arm? An got different dragon attributes because his attribute was magic itself. 😎 Possibilities abound. I’m really excited for this year. An that’s not even mentioning how good EZ has been.
Woah Laxus low diff not mid
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I agree with @Brandish

Laxus did use a powerful move to beat Kiria but he looked soo bored the entire fight... well at least what we saw anyway.

It's a low diff fight.

Now obviously if she used DF, it could have been a high diff fight.
 

Fyron

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
200
Reaction score
177
Age
25
Country
India
Wow a lot of things happened here ... Anyway
But the boost from the Tenrou Tree and Mavis taking everyone's emotions and using it to cast Fairy Sphere isn't the same thing as Natsu thinking about his guild and getting stronger because of his emotions. Actually, the tenrou tree and fairy sphere isn't even the same thing as each other.
Well , Natsu said he's using the power of the guild , I believe him. Because we know now that such statements in FT are to be taken literally if the series has to make sense. The guild mark glowing suggests the FT guild itself granted him power , hence the "guild's power". It's not just emotions , he referenced the power of the guild as well.

Please dude , the 7 Dragon Slayers fight is already bullshit as it is , and I'm trying to make sense of this fight. If we assume it was FT which boosted his power and gave the guild's boosted power to him , at least it would make some sense that Guild Mark Natsu with PoF > DF Natsu and Igneel Natsu. I just find it hard to accept the notion that PoF > DF and Igneel Natsu.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Kyria was able to best Erza once with her hax, and again in her red pants, forcing Erza to reveal the new dragon aspect of her shattered sword. An was still ready to fight after Erza’s armor enhanced sword spell. Those feats don’t disappear. Erza did everything but reveal her enchantment trump cards. An it was an interrupted fight, that still left Era with the impression she was strong enough that she was surprised Laxus beat her in the time it took her to entrap Jellal. An she was fighting seriously against Laxus. His handling of her is nothing but impressive. An definitely a feat, even before paired with the fact is part of a back to back performance.
Well, if Laxus didn't view himself as strong, so the hax didn't work. He definitely did better than Erza in battle, but that's because Laxus is stronger offensively. He overwhelmed Erza for the most part too.

Kyria was still able to fight, but if you factor in how Laxus beat her, Kyria was able to continue fighting too until Roaring Thunder. Erza is on his tier because she has the type of endurance that requires people like Laxus to go all out magically to beat. Kyria is not requiring that commitment... she's not even scratching Laxus.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Wow a lot of things happened here ... Anyway


Well , Natsu said he's using the power of the guild , I believe him. Because we know now that such statements in FT are to be taken literally if the series has to make sense. The guild mark glowing suggests the FT guild itself granted him power , hence the "guild's power". It's not just emotions , he referenced the power of the guild as well.

Please dude , the 7 Dragon Slayers fight is already bullshit as it is , and I'm trying to make sense of this fight. If we assume it was FT which boosted his power and gave the guild's boosted power to him , at least it would make some sense that Guild Mark Natsu with PoF > DF Natsu and Igneel Natsu. I just find it hard to accept the notion that PoF > DF and Igneel Natsu.
Well, Natsu also says "Laxus lends me strength" whenever he used LFD, but I don't assume that he's literally tapping into Laxus' mp reserves. If you believe that Natsu can draw on some random power just by being a member of Fairy Tail guild, fine. I just don't believe he can draw upon the mp of other people.

The Zeref and Acnologia fight were different, and Natsu didn't say he was using the "power of the guild" in his fight with Acnologia. Technically you could argue that the guild's power was used for Fairy Sphere, but actually the guild's power was not enough. The whole continent's power had to be used to cast a fairy sphere strong enough to actually trap Acnologia. If there was any sort of hidden power-up in that fight, it would be the boost he got from hearing Lucy's voice. Wendy explained that the voices the dragon slayers were hearing were giving them a power-up. That's why they were able to break out from the crystal pillars.
Towards the end of the fight, Natsu started hearing Lucy's voice. This isn't the whole guild's power though. It's the power of Lucy's voice. I just chalk this down to a form of power of feelings.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
Well, if Laxus didn't view himself as strong, so the hax didn't work. He definitely did better than Erza in battle, but that's because Laxus is stronger offensively. He overwhelmed Erza for the most part too.

Kyria was still able to fight, but if you factor in how Laxus beat her, Kyria was able to continue fighting too until Roaring Thunder. Erza is on his tier because she has the type of endurance that requires people like Laxus to go all out magically to beat. Kyria is not requiring that commitment... she's not even scratching Laxus.
Laxus tanked the mind hax like he has every other single illusion since his first FT fight. I’m not sure why people are confusing his Makarov speech for an explanation. He has a better power for those kind of battles. An he has greater power.

Kyria has the best offensive capabilities of her squad. She’s offensively based the same way Madmole is defensively stacked. Her feats settle she’s at least equal with Erza’s DS red pants in base. An that’s ignoring the fact that she apparently was sitting on DF. Laxus was able to mid diff an Erza lvl opponent fresh. An still have enough juice in the tank to outlast Erza 2.
 

Fyron

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
200
Reaction score
177
Age
25
Country
India
Well, Natsu also says "Laxus lends me strength" whenever he used LFD, but I don't assume that he's literally tapping into Laxus' mp reserves. If you believe that Natsu can draw on some random power just by being a member of Fairy Tail guild, fine. I just don't believe he can draw upon the mp of other people.

The Zeref and Acnologia fight were different, and Natsu didn't say he was using the "power of the guild" in his fight with Acnologia. Technically you could argue that the guild's power was used for Fairy Sphere, but actually the guild's power was not enough. The whole continent's power had to be used to cast a fairy sphere strong enough to actually trap Acnologia. If there was any sort of hidden power-up in that fight, it would be the boost he got from hearing Lucy's voice. Wendy explained that the voices the dragon slayers were hearing were giving them a power-up. That's why they were able to break out from the crystal pillars.
Towards the end of the fight, Natsu started hearing Lucy's voice. This isn't the whole guild's power though. It's the power of Lucy's voice. I just chalk this down to a form of power of feelings.
Yeah , I mean Natsu received power from the FT guild itself due to being FT's member. His guild mark glowing represents that. Not only did he cite he's using the guild's power , the guild mark glowing is proof of this. And I cited Tenrou tree's example to make it clear that FT is capable of giving it's members power. You can chalk it up and equate that power to the guild's total power if you want , fine , but I'm making it clear that it wasn't Natsu's power alone.

No , I don't mean to compare Zeref and Acnologia's fights , but I'm saying that Natsu beat Zeref using his own MP would make this another bullshit outlier fight like 7 Dragon Slayers vs Acnologia. The slayers were fodder compared to Acnologia , coupled with the fact he was immune to magic. He should've outright tanked that attack considering magic did not affect him. Defeating Acnologia was an outlier.

So far , I consider two feats in the series as outliers : Defeating Acnologia and Erza slashing Deus Sema. Because Erza's feats in that arc and now don't match up with that feat at all via scaling as well as on panel. Dragon Irene = August who low diffed Gildarts. Dragon Irene should've required at least 3 powerful mages say Gildarts , Laxus and Erza to be defeated. To add it , Dragon Irene shattered Erza's bones with a claw. If she stomped on her , it would've been over. Doesn't make sense a broken bones Erza managed to shatter a master enchant.

But in Zeref's fight Natsu clearly cited he's using the guild's power and his mark was glowing. If we consider Natsu with power of guild + PoF , then it seems reasonable. But I simply don't believe Natsu with his own exhausted MP can defeat someone who oneshotted him twice , made DF look like a joke , and traded blows with him when he had Igneel's power. It would be another outlier which I don't want , given we have on panel statements.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Isn't he the one who just said Gray or Gajeel >> Erza because he discredit the fact she only borrow magic from Wendy Natsu and Gray?

Anyways I should have put God Serena instead of Invel.. lol.
I don't know about that lol.
But in Alverez arc, everyone I know of, put Gray and (DF) Gajeel above Erza, including me.
If you're talking of current arc, I don't even know where to find Jason Kieffer lol.

Yeah, Serena absolutely tanked everything thrown at him by Jura and 3 guys tiers ahead of him.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah , I mean Natsu received power from the FT guild itself due to being FT's member. His guild mark glowing represents that. Not only did he cite he's using the guild's power , the guild mark glowing is proof of this. And I cited Tenrou tree's example to make it clear that FT is capable of giving it's members power. You can chalk it up and equate that power to the guild's total power if you want , fine , but I'm making it clear that it wasn't Natsu's power alone.

No , I don't mean to compare Zeref and Acnologia's fights , but I'm saying that Natsu beat Zeref using his own MP would make this another bullshit outlier fight like 7 Dragon Slayers vs Acnologia. The slayers were fodder compared to Acnologia , coupled with the fact he was immune to magic. He should've outright tanked that attack considering magic did not affect him. Defeating Acnologia was an outlier.

So far , I consider two feats in the series as outliers : Defeating Acnologia and Erza slashing Deus Sema. Because Erza's feats in that arc and now don't match up with that feat at all via scaling as well as on panel. Dragon Irene = August who low diffed Gildarts. Dragon Irene should've required at least 3 powerful mages say Gildarts , Laxus and Erza to be defeated. To add it , Dragon Irene shattered Erza's bones with a claw. If she stomped on her , it would've been over. Doesn't make sense a broken bones Erza managed to shatter a master enchant.

But in Zeref's fight Natsu clearly cited he's using the guild's power and his mark was glowing. If we consider Natsu with power of guild + PoF , then it seems reasonable. But I simply don't believe Natsu with his own exhausted MP can defeat someone who oneshotted him twice , made DF look like a joke , and traded blows with him when he had Igneel's power. It would be another outlier which I don't want , given we have on panel statements.
The "guild" doesn't have it's own supply of mp though. The tenrou tree has it's own supply of magic, but it only gives it's power when they're on Tenrou Island. Natsu's not taking magic power from the other guild members either, as not a single member of the guild was even slightly a bit drained when Natsu fought Zeref. What you're implying here is that Natsu, merely by being a member of the FT guild, can draw upon a magic power from seemingly nowhere. Which is fine. If that's really how you want to see it, I don't want to argue about that here. But it wasn't used against Acnologia.

I don't see the problem with Erza slashing deus sema. She is simply that strong. Irene could maybe have done if she had better foresight, but it is what it is. Technically Irene still outlasted Erza, so Irene technically won.
 

Kurumi Tokisaki

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
4,238
Age
29
Country
Sri Lanka
She is simply that strong. Irene could maybe have done if she had better foresight, but it is what it is. Technically Irene still outlasted Erza, so Irene technically won.
Nah it's a draw. Erza could just keep head butting her to no end if she tried to use that sword to stab her again. Irene was on her last legs.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,788
Country
United States
1. The Deus Sema feat was PIS.

2. Irene would have killed Erza in a single punch if she was serious.

3. Why are we talking about Irene who is not even in the thread?
 

Kurumi Tokisaki

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
4,238
Age
29
Country
Sri Lanka
1. The Deus Sema feat was PIS.
Irrelevant. That meteor was a fodder rock. Erza was just that strong.

2. Irene would have killed Erza in a single punch if she was serious.
But she couldn't and she was serious as well.

3. Why are we talking about Irene who is not even in the thread?
I was just replying to aximous message.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
PIS isn't a real argument. It boils down to "I don't like what happened because it conflicts with what I think the character can do, so I'm going to call it stupid". Bottom line is emotions make you stronger in Fairy Tail, and all feats are canon. You can either live with it, or live in denial.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,788
Country
United States
Irrelevant. That meteor was a fodder rock. Erza was just that strong.



But she couldn't and she was serious as well.



I was just replying to aximous message.
Nope. FT are severly weaker without PoF (which is PIS stems from) even currently.

Nope. She literally broke her bones with a single slap and said she couldn't kill her thus she wasn't serious.

Still off topic and I wasn't just messaging you either. Did I ever imply that you were the only one?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Then Natsu should be solo-ing the DEs and anyone in FT. Erza should as well. If PoF was just standard power, Natsu and Erza would have rolfstomped this arc and went to slaughter the God tiers. Clearly they can't access that power without bs therefore they are outliers and labeled as PIS.
 
Last edited:
Top