Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 521 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 43 51.2%

• Total voters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wow a lot of things happened here ... Anyway

Well , Natsu said he's using the power of the guild , I believe him. Because we know now that such statements in FT are to be taken literally if the series has to make sense. The guild mark glowing suggests the FT guild itself granted him power , hence the "guild's power". It's not just emotions , he referenced the power of the guild as well.

Please dude , the 7 Dragon Slayers fight is already bullshit as it is , and I'm trying to make sense of this fight. If we assume it was FT which boosted his power and gave the guild's boosted power to him , at least it would make some sense that Guild Mark Natsu with PoF > DF Natsu and Igneel Natsu. I just find it hard to accept the notion that PoF > DF and Igneel Natsu.
Well, Natsu also says "Laxus lends me strength" whenever he used LFD, but I don't assume that he's literally tapping into Laxus' mp reserves. If you believe that Natsu can draw on some random power just by being a member of Fairy Tail guild, fine. I just don't believe he can draw upon the mp of other people.

The Zeref and Acnologia fight were different, and Natsu didn't say he was using the "power of the guild" in his fight with Acnologia. Technically you could argue that the guild's power was used for Fairy Sphere, but actually the guild's power was not enough. The whole continent's power had to be used to cast a fairy sphere strong enough to actually trap Acnologia. If there was any sort of hidden power-up in that fight, it would be the boost he got from hearing Lucy's voice. Wendy explained that the voices the dragon slayers were hearing were giving them a power-up. That's why they were able to break out from the crystal pillars.
Towards the end of the fight, Natsu started hearing Lucy's voice. This isn't the whole guild's power though. It's the power of Lucy's voice. I just chalk this down to a form of power of feelings.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, if Laxus didn't view himself as strong, so the hax didn't work. He definitely did better than Erza in battle, but that's because Laxus is stronger offensively. He overwhelmed Erza for the most part too.

Kyria was still able to fight, but if you factor in how Laxus beat her, Kyria was able to continue fighting too until Roaring Thunder. Erza is on his tier because she has the type of endurance that requires people like Laxus to go all out magically to beat. Kyria is not requiring that commitment... she's not even scratching Laxus.
Laxus tanked the mind hax like he has every other single illusion since his first FT fight. I’m not sure why people are confusing his Makarov speech for an explanation. He has a better power for those kind of battles. An he has greater power.

Kyria has the best offensive capabilities of her squad. She’s offensively based the same way Madmole is defensively stacked. Her feats settle she’s at least equal with Erza’s DS red pants in base. An that’s ignoring the fact that she apparently was sitting on DF. Laxus was able to mid diff an Erza lvl opponent fresh. An still have enough juice in the tank to outlast Erza 2.

Fyron

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well, Natsu also says "Laxus lends me strength" whenever he used LFD, but I don't assume that he's literally tapping into Laxus' mp reserves. If you believe that Natsu can draw on some random power just by being a member of Fairy Tail guild, fine. I just don't believe he can draw upon the mp of other people.

The Zeref and Acnologia fight were different, and Natsu didn't say he was using the "power of the guild" in his fight with Acnologia. Technically you could argue that the guild's power was used for Fairy Sphere, but actually the guild's power was not enough. The whole continent's power had to be used to cast a fairy sphere strong enough to actually trap Acnologia. If there was any sort of hidden power-up in that fight, it would be the boost he got from hearing Lucy's voice. Wendy explained that the voices the dragon slayers were hearing were giving them a power-up. That's why they were able to break out from the crystal pillars.
Towards the end of the fight, Natsu started hearing Lucy's voice. This isn't the whole guild's power though. It's the power of Lucy's voice. I just chalk this down to a form of power of feelings.
Yeah , I mean Natsu received power from the FT guild itself due to being FT's member. His guild mark glowing represents that. Not only did he cite he's using the guild's power , the guild mark glowing is proof of this. And I cited Tenrou tree's example to make it clear that FT is capable of giving it's members power. You can chalk it up and equate that power to the guild's total power if you want , fine , but I'm making it clear that it wasn't Natsu's power alone.

No , I don't mean to compare Zeref and Acnologia's fights , but I'm saying that Natsu beat Zeref using his own MP would make this another bullshit outlier fight like 7 Dragon Slayers vs Acnologia. The slayers were fodder compared to Acnologia , coupled with the fact he was immune to magic. He should've outright tanked that attack considering magic did not affect him. Defeating Acnologia was an outlier.

So far , I consider two feats in the series as outliers : Defeating Acnologia and Erza slashing Deus Sema. Because Erza's feats in that arc and now don't match up with that feat at all via scaling as well as on panel. Dragon Irene = August who low diffed Gildarts. Dragon Irene should've required at least 3 powerful mages say Gildarts , Laxus and Erza to be defeated. To add it , Dragon Irene shattered Erza's bones with a claw. If she stomped on her , it would've been over. Doesn't make sense a broken bones Erza managed to shatter a master enchant.

But in Zeref's fight Natsu clearly cited he's using the guild's power and his mark was glowing. If we consider Natsu with power of guild + PoF , then it seems reasonable. But I simply don't believe Natsu with his own exhausted MP can defeat someone who oneshotted him twice , made DF look like a joke , and traded blows with him when he had Igneel's power. It would be another outlier which I don't want , given we have on panel statements.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Isn't he the one who just said Gray or Gajeel >> Erza because he discredit the fact she only borrow magic from Wendy Natsu and Gray?

Anyways I should have put God Serena instead of Invel.. lol.
I don't know about that lol.
But in Alverez arc, everyone I know of, put Gray and (DF) Gajeel above Erza, including me.
If you're talking of current arc, I don't even know where to find Jason Kieffer lol.

Yeah, Serena absolutely tanked everything thrown at him by Jura and 3 guys tiers ahead of him.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah , I mean Natsu received power from the FT guild itself due to being FT's member. His guild mark glowing represents that. Not only did he cite he's using the guild's power , the guild mark glowing is proof of this. And I cited Tenrou tree's example to make it clear that FT is capable of giving it's members power. You can chalk it up and equate that power to the guild's total power if you want , fine , but I'm making it clear that it wasn't Natsu's power alone.

No , I don't mean to compare Zeref and Acnologia's fights , but I'm saying that Natsu beat Zeref using his own MP would make this another bullshit outlier fight like 7 Dragon Slayers vs Acnologia. The slayers were fodder compared to Acnologia , coupled with the fact he was immune to magic. He should've outright tanked that attack considering magic did not affect him. Defeating Acnologia was an outlier.

So far , I consider two feats in the series as outliers : Defeating Acnologia and Erza slashing Deus Sema. Because Erza's feats in that arc and now don't match up with that feat at all via scaling as well as on panel. Dragon Irene = August who low diffed Gildarts. Dragon Irene should've required at least 3 powerful mages say Gildarts , Laxus and Erza to be defeated. To add it , Dragon Irene shattered Erza's bones with a claw. If she stomped on her , it would've been over. Doesn't make sense a broken bones Erza managed to shatter a master enchant.

But in Zeref's fight Natsu clearly cited he's using the guild's power and his mark was glowing. If we consider Natsu with power of guild + PoF , then it seems reasonable. But I simply don't believe Natsu with his own exhausted MP can defeat someone who oneshotted him twice , made DF look like a joke , and traded blows with him when he had Igneel's power. It would be another outlier which I don't want , given we have on panel statements.
The "guild" doesn't have it's own supply of mp though. The tenrou tree has it's own supply of magic, but it only gives it's power when they're on Tenrou Island. Natsu's not taking magic power from the other guild members either, as not a single member of the guild was even slightly a bit drained when Natsu fought Zeref. What you're implying here is that Natsu, merely by being a member of the FT guild, can draw upon a magic power from seemingly nowhere. Which is fine. If that's really how you want to see it, I don't want to argue about that here. But it wasn't used against Acnologia.

I don't see the problem with Erza slashing deus sema. She is simply that strong. Irene could maybe have done if she had better foresight, but it is what it is. Technically Irene still outlasted Erza, so Irene technically won.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
She is simply that strong. Irene could maybe have done if she had better foresight, but it is what it is. Technically Irene still outlasted Erza, so Irene technically won.
Nah it's a draw. Erza could just keep head butting her to no end if she tried to use that sword to stab her again. Irene was on her last legs.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. The Deus Sema feat was PIS.

2. Irene would have killed Erza in a single punch if she was serious.

3. Why are we talking about Irene who is not even in the thread?

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
1. The Deus Sema feat was PIS.
Irrelevant. That meteor was a fodder rock. Erza was just that strong.

2. Irene would have killed Erza in a single punch if she was serious.
But she couldn't and she was serious as well.

3. Why are we talking about Irene who is not even in the thread?
I was just replying to aximous message.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
PIS isn't a real argument. It boils down to "I don't like what happened because it conflicts with what I think the character can do, so I'm going to call it stupid". Bottom line is emotions make you stronger in Fairy Tail, and all feats are canon. You can either live with it, or live in denial.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Irrelevant. That meteor was a fodder rock. Erza was just that strong.

But she couldn't and she was serious as well.

I was just replying to aximous message.
Nope. FT are severly weaker without PoF (which is PIS stems from) even currently.

Nope. She literally broke her bones with a single slap and said she couldn't kill her thus she wasn't serious.

Still off topic and I wasn't just messaging you either. Did I ever imply that you were the only one?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Then Natsu should be solo-ing the DEs and anyone in FT. Erza should as well. If PoF was just standard power, Natsu and Erza would have rolfstomped this arc and went to slaughter the God tiers. Clearly they can't access that power without bs therefore they are outliers and labeled as PIS.

Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Nope. FT are severly weaker without PoF (which is PIS stems from) even currently.
That irrelevant. POF is a legit power in FT. Erza was stronger than that metoer.

Nope. She literally broke her bones with a single slap and said she couldn't kill her thus she wasn't serious.
She was serious. Otherwise, she wouldn't try to drop a meteor on her.

Still off topic and I wasn't just messaging you either.
Who cares. It has been offtopic for quite a while.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Neither of them are outliers.

Eileen was featless until she fought Erza. Hype in FT = shit, and unless there are no feats at all. Feats >> hype. IMO Hype should be taken into consideration, only in absence of feats.
Eileen is likely August tier in magic power, but her stats aren't all that to be admired at. Her stats were shown in Erza's fight, that does it for her. It's kinda understandable, her magic isn't typical of a front line mage or direct battle mage, but it's OP behind the front lines, as shown by her enchanting fodder soldiers to relatively strong level.

They defeated Acnologia's soul. Nothing says that Acnologia's soul is in the same tier as the real Acnologia.
Even Hiro realized that defeating the real Acnologia, with his feats, is impossible except for high tier Dragons ganging upon him. Which is why he made our Dragon Slayers defeat the soul instead.

One of the true outlier is Ajeel losing to Elfman. Elfman is pure physical attack, which Ajeel is immunne to. Even with Elfman being immune to sand in his take-over, the fight should've either resulted in a stalemate or Ajeel eventually winning (because the fight will last until magic power is depleted, Ajeel has higher magic power).
The other one is God Zeref being destroyed by Natsu. Even with all guild member's magic power, Natsu shouldn't be able to put down Zeref for a significant amount of time. Because he has infinite magic power, and this magic power should've instantly regenerated any damage that Zeref took. As far as I understand, the way Zeref's immortality works is that it prevents death and heals him whenever he has magic power. Base Zeref can be put down for good, for a while, by this logic; but not God Zeref. God Zeref should work in a similar way as Hades with Grimoire Heart worked. When Hades activated Grimoire Heart, we instantly saw him getting healed and his magic power jumping up several tiers. The same should've been applicable to God Zeref.

Fyron

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
The "guild" doesn't have it's own supply of mp though. The tenrou tree has it's own supply of magic, but it only gives it's power when they're on Tenrou Island. Natsu's not taking magic power from the other guild members either, as not a single member of the guild was even slightly a bit drained when Natsu fought Zeref. What you're implying here is that Natsu, merely by being a member of the FT guild, can draw upon a magic power from seemingly nowhere. Which is fine. If that's really how you want to see it, I don't want to argue about that here. But it wasn't used against Acnologia.

I don't see the problem with Erza slashing deus sema. She is simply that strong. Irene could maybe have done if she had better foresight, but it is what it is. Technically Irene still outlasted Erza, so Irene technically won.
Yeah that's how I see it. Except imo it was because he was in the FT guild that he got his boosted power. You can say "emotions" also isn't a pure source for MP but it still makes you stronger right ? In this manga anything goes lol. Anyway , I see it as the FT guild granting him power equivalent to the FT guild members fighting at their best. Natsu's guild mark glowing signifies this.

Well I made my argument in my previous post. The way I see it , Human Irene = Erza. They were fighting evenly. But when Irene went Dragon , she shattered Erza's bones with one swipe. And then she used Deus Sema , her strongest spell. I'd say if Erza gets her bones shattered with a claw , she shouldn't be able to break Irene's master enchant. Let's be honest here , Erza would've died had Irene stepped on her. So how can she break her strongest spell ? Imo it would require at least Laxus , Gildarts and Erza to break it. Also Dragon Irene = August , who low diffed Gildarts. So that would count as an outlier. The way I see it , Dragon Irene > Human Irene = Erza.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Then Natsu should be solo-ing the DEs and anyone in FT. Erza should as well. If PoF was just standard power, Natsu and Erza would have rolfstomped this arc and went to slaughter the God tiers. Clearly they can't access that power without bs therefore they are outliers and labeled as PIS.
DE hasn't pushed them to a state where they have to use POF. Irene was never a god tier.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
That irrelevant. POF is a legit power in FT. Erza was stronger than that metoer.

She was serious. Otherwise, she wouldn't try to drop a meteor on her.

Who cares. It has been offtopic for quite a while.
Explained above.

Yet she could kill her by stepping on her.... If she was serious Erza would be dead. She was stated to not be able to the entire time therefore she held back and wasn't serious lmao.

Obviously. This thread is a cluster f lol

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

DE hasn't pushed them to a state where they have to use POF. Irene was never a god tier.
She smacked Acno down and they faced off against a God tier so they were pushed to the next level. Yet neither could harm a god tier while buffed. Ignia also noted Natsu using PoF and it was garbo to him lol. Gray also got pushed to the max and got rolfstomped and currently can't even take on the Rajinshuu in stats w/o a buff. They are weaker than their EoS PoF/PIS incarnations thus are outliers.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Explained above.

Yet she could kill her by stepping on her.... If she was serious Erza would be dead. She was stated to not be able to the entire time therefore she held back and wasn't serious lmao.

Obviously. This thread is a cluster f lol
I actually agree lol.
But She was serious though, pulling down a meteor on Erza is definitely serious.
CIS? Sure. But she was completely serious about killing Erza, until she saw her smile in the end.

She smacked Acno down and they faced off against a God tier so they were pushed to the next level. Yet neither could harm a god tier while buffed. Ignia also noted Natsu using PoF and it was garbo to him lol. Gray also got pushed to the max and got rolfstomped and currently can't even take on the Rajinshuu in stats w/o a buff. They are weaker than their EoS PoF/PIS incarnations thus are outliers.
Jellal did the same as well, he pushed back human Acno. He even pushed back Dragon Acno lol, and was only stopped when he ran out of magic from Acno eating his meteor aura.

The point here is that, when Acno is fooling around, it's not a big deal to do this.
Acno didn't realize that Eileen was a DS, so she wasn't in his kill list then. Acno doesn't bother with those who're not DS, he either just ignores them or fools around with them.
A serious Acno would've given both Jellal and Eileen the God Serena treatment, considering that we know he can do the same even to August

Freed is stronger than we give him credit for.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah that's how I see it. Except imo it was because he was in the FT guild that he got his boosted power. You can say "emotions" also isn't a pure source for MP but it still makes you stronger right ? In this manga anything goes lol. Anyway , I see it as the FT guild granting him power equivalent to the FT guild members fighting at their best. Natsu's guild mark glowing signifies this.

Well I made my argument in my previous post. The way I see it , Human Irene = Erza. They were fighting evenly. But when Irene went Dragon , she shattered Erza's bones with one swipe. And then she used Deus Sema , her strongest spell. I'd say if Erza gets her bones shattered with a claw , she shouldn't be able to break Irene's master enchant. Let's be honest here , Erza would've died had Irene stepped on her. So how can she break her strongest spell ? Imo it would require at least Laxus , Gildarts and Erza to break it. Also Dragon Irene = August , who low diffed Gildarts. So that would count as an outlier. The way I see it , Dragon Irene > Human Irene = Erza.
Well, emotions is a source of magic power. The one magic is love. It's a thing.

Oh, Irene is stronger than Erza. But I see no reason why smashing Sema should be held to an impossible standard. Physically speaking, Irene is pulling a space rock and throwing it at Erza. If you have read Hiro Mashima's hero's crossover, someone far weaker than Erza also managed to smash a space rock. Granted, Irene's space rock is bigger....but, it's still a rock. Irene said so herself that Dragon scales are harder to break.

Kouichi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Estonia
I don't know about that lol.
But in Alverez arc, everyone I know of, put Gray and (DF) Gajeel above Erza, including me.
If you're talking of current arc, I don't even know where to find Jason Kieffer lol.
Facebook. He's been shoving his opinions towards debator on a death battle unrestricted group, if you wont listen to him you'll get blocked.

Also in as of current chapter he still thinks that.

Yeah, I should have listed God Serena and Jellal instead of MG and Invel lol.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
She smacked Acno down and they faced off against a God tier so they were pushed to the next level. Yet neither could harm a god tier while buffed.
She was not as pof as she was against Acno.

Ignia also noted Natsu using PoF and it was garbo to him lol.
Acnologia couldn't counter Natsu's pof. He was immobilized

Gray also got pushed to the max and got rolfstomped and currently can't even take on the Rajinshuu in stats w/o a buff.
Gray was fighting his friends and against Skullion he wasn't fighting on POF. He has a rage POF.

She was serious. Otherwise, you wouldn't try to drop a meteor on your own daughter.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Zeref isn't on Ignia's level though. If Ignia is god tier, then Zeref simply isn't. Ignia would stomp Natsu even if he had his raging flames of emotions.

Gray's demonized form isn't something special lol. He uses it in every fight. The fact that he was restricted to no ice is a straight handicap.

I guarantee you when Natsu and Gray finally go all out with their max POF, they will be stronger than they were during Alvarez.