Long Running Fairy Tail

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I would agree if GS would play any part in the story but he's destined to die here and he's hardly even a character so why waste time and resources of someone who will die in next second ( and got maybe 4 minutes of screentime overall ).

If GS was meant to play some part in the story then sure expand it and get me invested in him << Unfortunately he was not Hiro wasted his potential because decided to kill too early.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well they added Rustyrose's story in the Tartaros who had no significance in the plot.

Compared to that GS was a much more important.He was the first ranked WS,he defected to Alvarez to kill Acnologia etc. etc.

Miralicious akuma

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
lol forget adding new stuff i was just hoping they'd execute manga panels properly.
Hopefully Dimaria Vs Wendy and sherria would be better, that was argueably one of the best spriggan fights in this arc
Also, Voice Acting at least for me is really bad... I don't know if it's the fault of Direction or writing ( basically exchanging cheesy one-liners )
exactly..it just seems, a little bland.
And idk if anyone felt the same way but the upbeat music didnt really suit laxus vs Wahl. Anime,for me atleast ,is kinda failing to create the tension of war arc.. even god serana's death and gs vs kings of ishghar wasnt impactful at all.

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Well they added Rustyrose's story in the Tartaros who had no significance in the plot.
They also added second Laxus vs Tempester, which was a lot cooler than Gray one-shotting Tempester in manga. Anime changes things from time to time.

Kiki

Stargazer
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
yeah same I feel like the voice acting is not really excellent. I found a moment with Lucy some time ago

The whole Alvarez arc anime failed to imitate the tension I had when I read the manga back then

Incognito

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The production level continues to be subpar but the adaptation has been well. They're adapting it faithfully to the manga panels but that just doesn't cut it. There's no point in making an anime which just copy-pastes the manga. And they still seem to going on low budget.

It doesn't seem like the studio's following any storyboard or any directions for that matter. I don't know it it's the studio's responsibility or Mashima's to provide a storybord but Mashima did say that he will be supervising the anime himself. Can't say I see him doing that.

The quality of the animation is still not quite there but I will still say that the recent episode has been decent, just scraping by decent though. Also because I've seen worse in the current season. Most of the part still seems like power point slides and the colour seems somewhat pale at times for me. Erza in her fight against Ajeel seemed like she was just swinging her sword while being still. No body movement's to go along with it as follow through which make it seem like she's not even trying. Natsu vs Zeref was one of the better fight's in the arc but the anime makes it difficult to get into it.
They have been adding a little extentions here and there though but it feels like that's mostly to just make up for the episode's time length. They added new moves for Juvia and Gray. In the previous episode, even someone like Beth got a carrot missile move and was seen alright after being hit by Wall's missile.They added her in a scene in this episode as well while she wasn't there in the manga which was nice I guess. But that flashback of Laxus vs Tempesta I think wasn't necessary and the ending wasn't quite right either. They should have just ended it with Laxus defeating Wall but it seems they intend to keep it for the next episode. Likely they will add some more flashbacks, maybe between Freed and Laxus to make it look more dramatic and also to fill up the episode's time length.
The speed factor and dynamics in the fights also seems to be poorly done. They omitted out a panel of Gajeel even before. The third pannel towards left.
Unlike Erza or Gajeel, this was Laxus's only solo fight which they messed up. They're going to ruin more better moments at this rate.

Since they seem to be reusing some scenes now and then, it's likely that they might reuse the last scenes of episode 294 of Natsu vs Zeref for universe one (for the last page of chapter 489).

But after around episode 38(since each opening and ending lasts for 12 episodes), the pace of the anime should go back to 2 chapters per episode to cover up the remaining chapters. So I still have some hope that they'll add some more content or improve on the manga and improve the quality as well. Chelia vs Dimaria is a fight that I liked in the manga, so I'm looking forward to it. Hope they expand some scenes though, along with some good padding.

Last edited:

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Which is why I don't like that entire filler episode ( even if this was nice )... because of Rustyrose doesn't play any role further down the line ( who knows maybe he will appear with CS in anime since it was Hiro who wanted that Episode )

The only small good thing coming from that episode is a small development for Meldy. aside from the fact that it was something we already knew

And no GS is not important if he was he wouldn't have died so soon. << None of the WS was important anyway :catshrug

We would get his motivation etc. but there would be no payoff for that ( Similar to Rustyrose so far ) because he can't give you one anymore :P

In other to expand that you would need to give GS motivation and keep him alive for some time and give him focus and that requires heavy rewriting.

If GS would get motivation at that moment and still die I wouldn't care about his motivation and tbh.. it would make that scene even worse.

BTW... I just watched Wall shooting the missiles at MH and LS <<< Those missiles have lightning speed ( I think I can walk faster than that... )

Anime VORTEX

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The only reason I'm watching this anime is just to see if they added a flashback for Acnologia, the rest I don't care because I already satisfied with most of the stuff that happens in the manga

Valhalla777

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Another power point presentation with bad art ... just what i needed, yey.
Yeah i lost all hope for Clover Works (not basing it on this episode only, but overall), Mashima drew the short straw this time. No artistic vision, shitty storyboard (all they doing is just follow the manga panels to a fault), no motion no dynamic, nothing, just a power point presentation with some sub par animation but only when the characters are up close in your face. Not sure what Clover Works spend their budged on, but it definitely wasnt Fairy Tail.
I have great respect for animators, but honestly CW is shite, they look like a bunch of amateurs compared to Pierrot, A1 and Toei.

The two things i've been waiting for in the anime is the oh so good Dimaria and her transformation, and Irene's intro + Acno fight. I can comfortably predict that CW will butcher both scenes with a few more power point presentations and bad animation, sadly.

Sorry guys for the rant, but its just dissapointment week after week. But if someone is really enjoying the anime, im honestly really glad:verilyat least some folks are, from what i saw.

Last edited:

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
Ca allait trop vite comme dans le manga, mais ça se passait toujours, mais là épisode ça ne passe pas du tout, 3 min chrono c'est le temps qu'on donne à dieu resserré la blague quoi.

Plus d'informations sur les raisons, a-t-il trahi Fiore, s'il est vraiment juste d'affronter acno bravo les priorités, ni comment il a battu au premier tour le jura et ses copains.

They did not change his bone, as I had said in the chapter his would have been better if he had passed in dragon force and he was beheaded (without being shown clearly), and his wound is put further to nothing showed and he has nothing compared to the chapter where he misses a piece of belly, squinting, we see blood mouais, at least they put on the ground, it's a good thing for the future.

They messed up the reaction of the characters, in the chapter really they freak out, there I did not feel the freak and jacob was much more upset in the chapter, there he is just near this beat.

The flash back with tempesta was not necessary, they just showed a picture of him, we would have understood then lost time there.

No additions for the lax fights, it's messed up for when he avoids the ball in the chapter there is speed there and the explosion of Wall is ridiculous.

So the answer next week as I said last week, if Wall becomes OS as in the manga without it being added it will mean that there will be no addition / lengthening for all the other fights.

And considering the preview I feel they will rush the dimaria fight

I mean, even if they changed or added some stuff people would scream UNCANON MUH NOT IN THUT MANGA so it's really irrelevant anyway.
Well no, or so people are really stupid.

There must be additions it is not complicated at least for the fighting, added dodging, attacks and everything to lengthen the fighting.

Just to correct one of the weak point of this Arc, fighting OS, that's what everyone wanted.

For episodes HS, ben in season 1 and 2 there was and it was well made so people will not have much to complain about.

By the way, when will Rustyrose be here?

If they want to catch up, when GS faces gildarz, it must last longer.

From 1 to catch up with their bullshit and 2 to give a real excuse to gildarz why he just explodes the whole army and continues to advance, brief story of the delayed.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It could have done.At least it could have added 2 minutes explaining why GS wanted to kill Acnologia.

Maybe they could have done that he was a survivor from that country that Acnologia blew.(Warren told about this post Tenrou).

Lot of adaptation expand and explain things which manga didn't or couldn't.

Just 2 minutes wouldn't not have harmed them.

Now see how this story grew.One fine day GS woke up and decided to finish Acnologia.No more explaining no nothing.

Not to mention we didn't even know what his other 4 elements were.

We all know how atrocious this last arc was.At least we hoped that some parts would be improved.
The problem was he had 12 villains and giving them all back story would have been too much. Instead, he chose to invest in a couple of characters (Irene, August, Larcade, sorta Ajeel) and left the rest to fodder status. It's like that fire god slayer guy – how did he become one and why? No one knows nor do we care because he was a one dimension shonen bad guy and God Serena had the same appeal. The real question is how did Laxus and God Serena have lacrima implanted in them and who came up with the idea? If Mashima focused more on the villains than having multiple shonen bad guys the story would have been better. However, he chose the battle shonen route where storyline is sidelined to fighting. :notrust

The production level continues to be subpar but the adaptation has been well. They're adapting it faithfully to the manga panels but that just doesn't cut it. There's no point in making an anime which just copy-pastes the manga. And they still seem to going on low budget.

It doesn't seem like the studio's following any storyboard or any directions for that matter. I don't know it it's the studio's responsibility or Mashima's to provide a storybord but Mashima did say that he will be supervising the anime himself. Can't say I see him doing that.

The quality of the animation is still not quite there but I will still say that the recent episode has been decent, just scraping by decent though. Also because I've seen worse in the current season. Most of the part still seems like power point slides and the colour seems somewhat pale at times for me. Erza in her fight against Ajeel seemed like she was just swinging her sword while being still. No body movement's to go along with it as follow through which make it seem like she's not even trying. Natsu vs Zeref was one of the better fight's in the arc but the anime makes it difficult to get into it.

They have been adding a little extentions here and there though but it feels like that's mostly to just make up for the episode's time length. They added new moves for Juvia and Gray. In the previous episode, even someone like Beth got a carrot missile move and was seen alright after being hit by Wall's missile.They added her in a scene in this episode as well while she wasn't there in the manga which was nice I guess. But that flashback of Laxus vs Tempesta I think wasn't necessary and the ending wasn't quite right either. They should have just ended it with Laxus defeating Wall but it seems they intend to keep it for the next episode. Likely they will add some more flashbacks, maybe between Freed and Laxus to make it look more dramatic and also to fill up the episode's time length.

The speed factor and dynamics in the fights also seems to be poorly done. They omitted out a panel of Gajeel even before. The third pannel towards left.
Unlike Erza or Gajeel, this was Laxus's only solo fight which they messed up. They're going to ruin more better moments at this rate.

Since they seem to be reusing some scenes now and then, it's likely that they might reuse the last scenes of episode 294 of Natsu vs Zeref for universe one (for the last page of chapter 489).

But after around episode 38(since each opening and ending lasts for 12 episodes), the pace of the anime should go back to 2 chapters per episode to cover up the remaining chapters. So I still have some hope that they'll add some more content or improve on the manga and improve the quality as well. Chelia vs Dimaria is a fight that I liked in the manga, so I'm looking forward to it. Hope they expand some scenes though, along with some good padding.
If animators didn't follow their storyboards there wouldn't be an episode. Storyboards are the blueprint that shows the shots/scenes and tells the production team how long they are and what's going on. It's a very detailed process that Mashima wouldn't have time to do. According to ANN, manga artists meet with directors for episodes. (https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-04-17/.114831)

Was anyone else taken aback when they saw Freed this episode???? :s They really rushed it.

Incognito

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The problem was he had 12 villains and giving them all back story would have been too much. Instead, he chose to invest in a couple of characters (Irene, August, Larcade, sorta Ajeel) and left the rest to fodder status. It's like that fire god slayer guy – how did he become one and why? No one knows nor do we care because he was a one dimension shonen bad guy and God Serena had the same appeal. The real question is how did Laxus and God Serena have lacrima implanted in them and who came up with the idea? If Mashima focused more on the villains than having multiple shonen bad guys the story would have been better. However, he chose the battle shonen route where storyline is sidelined to fighting. :notrust

If animators didn't follow their storyboards there wouldn't be an episode. Storyboards are the blueprint that shows the shots/scenes and tells the production team how long they are and what's going on. It's a very detailed process that Mashima wouldn't have time to do. According to ANN, manga artists meet with directors for episodes. (https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-04-17/.114831)

Was anyone else taken aback when they saw Freed this episode???? :s They really rushed it.
Oh, I see. I initially presumed that studio only copy-pasting the manga panels didn't count as making a storyboard but I understand it better now. In that case, it would be more appropriate to say that the studio didn't follow Mashimas's storyboard or directions for that matter, likely because Mashima couldn't/didn't give them any. And it also means that the studio is following a storyboard but it's just crappy. I think Mashima did a good job providing a storyboard/directions with the Key of the Starry Sky arc filler which he said is cannon and something he was supposed to put in the manga orginally but couldn't. Though this time around he's working on two mangas, which will makes it more of a challenge but he's quite the workaholic, so hope he can pull through with that.

I wait for Irene, her outsmarting Acno and her backstory.
I wait for that as well. Hope they expand that part a little. But the current quality of animation would ruin the moment where she somersaults backwards, flipping in the air. And I also look forward to the moment when Meredy steals the show by connecting all the continents mages and gathers their magic to one point.

Chelia got called a pip-squeak and a child in the recent episode even though she's already 16.:-_- She gets lumped together with Wendy too often.

Last edited:

VG1989

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Georgia
:-_- She gets lumped together with Wendy too often.
Wendy ruins everything (for me at least),
Chelias sacrifice came out as a joke with just that one panel of helping her get it back, I know it was supposed to be "Ah, that's nice she still got it" kind moment, but all the emotions from her fight and talk with Leon are now wasted and pointless. You know what would have been better if they both used 3rd origin (I know Carla needed healing, but it could been written like this "they healed her right before loosing their magic" since its their fullest potential it wouldn't be to unbelievable) to defeat Dimaria (go out together as friends) and after becoming normal girls they would become Porliuscas pupils in healing medicine, so they still be useful for their guilds and guess what its a meaningful sacrifice with no death needed. +we would get rid of constant tension breaker Wendy aka "Theres Wendy, so they'll be fine", "Wendy will resurrect them" or "Wendy Ex Machina".
PS
I know I jumped a bit further than the episode in question, it just that I got reminded of how Wendy affects other characters.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh, I see. I initially presumed that studio only copy-pasting the manga panels didn't count as making a storyboard but I understand it better now. In that case, it would be more appropriate to say that the studio didn't follow Mashimas's storyboard or directions for that matter, likely because Mashima couldn't/didn't give them any. And it also means that the studio is following a storyboard but it's just crappy. I think Mashima did a good job providing a storyboard/directions with the Key of the Starry Sky arc filler which he said is cannon and something he was supposed to put in the manga orginally but couldn't. Though this time around he's working on two mangas, which will makes it more of a challenge but he's quite the workaholic, so hope he can pull through with that.

I wait for that as well. Hope they expand that part a little. But the current quality of animation would ruin the moment where she somersaults backwards, flipping in the air. And I also look forward to the moment when Meredy steals the show by connecting all the continents mages and gathers their magic to one point.

Chelia got called a pip-squeak and a child in the recent episode even though she's already 16.:-_- She gets lumped together with Wendy too often.
A lot of the shots look like they were copied from the panels in the manga. They go further by adding the actions, dialogue and timing.
https://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/actualites/storyboard-a-fundamental-stage-in-making-an-anime_104871.htm

I did read that he did the storyboards for Dragon Cry but I think a team did the specifics while he did the drawing/dialogue.

Angiecakes1990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
love the new ep good seeing Jellal, Meldy returning along Ultear which is only for a short time but still and yes I hope they don't skip Natsu's dream sequence I wanna see it :crying cause If I'm right we see before he wakes up I think

immblueversion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Animation was better this time. Of course they censored most of what happened to Carla, but her premonition of Wendy getting ripped almost in half was pretty damn disturbing, almost as much as what happened to Happy in Edens Zero.

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I have noticed Purple Horse from Edens Zero in Ryuzetsu Land. I have never know that creature existed before.
And the title of next episode in kinda weird, "Natsu Revived" is not a title of chapter of manga. I'm not sure if they did that before, they always uses manga titles, unless it's filler. I wonder if this mean something or they have just decided they will use "cooler" title.