Conditional - Gray vs Erza | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How well does Gray perform vs Erza?

• Gray extreme diff

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Erza extreme diff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray high diff

• Erza high diff

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Gray mid diff

• Erza mid diff

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Gray low diff

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Erza low diff

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Tie

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
You do you, but if 100 YQ never happened, I'd still say Gray mid diffs Erza

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You do you, but if 100 YQ never happened, I'd still say Gray mid diffs Erza
Erza feats>>Gray feats. Her showing in the arc is tiers ahead of Grays'.

Mid diff in Erza in Alvarez but barely beats Mira in 100YQ? Sure.

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Gray just can't put her down, and her offence should be able to destroy his ice given how casually Laxus did.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Erza mid diff gray

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Erza feats>>Gray feats. Her showing in the arc is tiers ahead of Grays'.

Mid diff in Erza in Alvarez but barely beats Mira in 100YQ? Sure.
I'm not gonna go through this again lmao. I depends on how strong you have partial END and darkness Gray

Yes, cause without darkness Gray is fodder

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm not gonna go through this again lmao. I depends on how strong you have partial END and darkness Gray

Yes, cause without darkness Gray is fodder
Objectively they're not strong in the broad scheme of things.

With Darkness hes average

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
A weakened Erza sliced open a meteor in half. Show me any Gray feat that even comes to close to that. She essentially surpasses Gray in every major important stat; speed, dura, potency.

She mid diffs him like she always did during the entirety of the series. Gray's entire notable attack potency stems from devil slaying magic, which doesn't have its super effectiveness on regular humans.

Don't know why this thread is so long.

FeatherineAugustusAurora

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Cuz Bickslow cheated. I never said anything about a 2v1.
Lol, gray would’ve been one-shotted by Laxus during FF arc.

Erza doesn’t need anti-ice armor against gray. She already has a variety of swords and armors tht would destroy his ice and she also has the superior durability and endurance.

FeatherineAugustusAurora

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Erza destroyed a meteor much stronger and bigger than jellal’s sema, she took on 3 powerful historias while gray was get shit on by ur even with lyon’s help and that was erza after her fight against ajeel. While gray was still at full health that time, erza was also able to block a fully powered punch from DeS gray and Pre-END natsu with ease and manages to fight Irene and destroy her meteor after that.

Okay that was PiS and PoF erza but she still has the superior speed, reflexes, stamina and durability. Gray will not outlast erza.

Erza should win this high diff

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Erza wins mid-high diff

kian

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Current Gray high diffing Erza? Doubt it.

Current feats are pretty shit tbf

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Current Gray high diffing Erza? Doubt it.

Current feats are pretty shit tbf
Current Gray would get mid diff'd by Erza, he's shit.

Gray, at his best (in darkness or devil force or whatever it was he fought END with), is above Erza IMO.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I like Gray. He is a versatile fighter, strong in defense, attack, speed and strategy. Erza is the same sort of fighter but on another level in every stats. He has no chance to put her down, since the beginning. And then, Silver's ice reduced the gap but Erza was still in another category. If we count 100YQ, even without PoF, Erza enlarge the previous gap to nullify it with her enchantments.

For me, since the beginning, there is the same gap between Erza >> Gray (polyvalent fighters) as Laxus >> Natsu (offensive fighters).
Natsu and Gray reduced the gap with their FDK and IDS. But this "reduced" gap is now nullified by "Enchants" and "Red Lighting".

She stopped PoF Gray and END together with her bare hands when they were fighting to death. They were at their climax power level. Gray and Erza can't be compare for now...

If we count PoF Erza (can't use it on a friend), the gap is tremendeous.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I like Gray. He is a versatile fighter, strong in defense, attack, speed and strategy. Erza is the same sort of fighter but on another level in every stats. He has no chance to put her down, since the beginning. And then, Silver's ice reduced the gap but Erza was still in another category. If we count 100YQ, even without PoF, Erza enlarge the previous gap to nullify it with her enchantments.

For me, since the beginning, there is the same gap between Erza >> Gray (polyvalent fighters) as Laxus >> Natsu (offensive fighters).
Natsu and Gray reduced the gap with their FDK and IDS. But this "reduced" gap is now nullified by "Enchants" and "Red Lighting".

She stopped PoF Gray and END together with her bare hands when they were fighting to death. They were at their climax power level. Gray and Erza can't be compare for now...

If we count PoF Erza (can't use it on a friend), the gap is tremendeous.
The thing with Natsu is that his FDK puts him on Laxus level. Gray with DeS clearly hasn't had the potrayal of that... That power-up is closer to LFD and Gajeel's ISD.

It's best feats have been with devils which can't be scaled to actual humans.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Imo, Natsu's FDK (I only count "residual power" he has now, not the full FDK he had in his one shot magic vs Zeleph) is not on Laxus's level. Natsu is strong, for sure, but Laxus is on another league. Like I said, FDK mode reduced the gap to barely being on his level in Alvarez, but Laxus improved so much in a year that I think he is now on another level even without Red Lightning. As stated by Erza, Laxus grows up far stronger than he did in every stats.

I also think that Gray or Silver's Ice is above LFD and ISD (see Silver's insta freeze Natsu). But it is just my opinion. Devil Slayer's magic is deadly against demon, clearly, but even with human beings, that mode boosts Gray's stats and magic power. Vs Skullion, a non devil being, Gray was stronger than his ice make. Again, vs Raijinshuu, he was in difficulty to counter three opponents, but destroyed them in DS mode with amped physical habilities. Faster, stronger, more powerful.... The weakness of this mode is that it makes him berserker or demonic, erasing his humanity if use for too long so he has to use it as a trump card.

Gray and Natsu were on par at full power (Devil Force vs END), and Gajeel is far below both. Natsu has average with elemental superiority and offensive potency (fire > ice) but Gray balance it with more versatility. I don't think Devil Slayer's magic was deadly effective on END. END was not pure devil monster, but hybrid of Human being + Dragon being + Devil being, and this is why Natsu was fated to die. He had to choose what being he really was to stop this fusion and die.

But it is just my opinion. Gray is a balance character. Natsu is a striker. The same as Erza (balance) and Laxus (striker). This is why I made analogy.

Just for me, for now and without PoF, Laxus and Erza are the best known (we don't know if Gildarts improved since a year). They are both on a league above Natsu's and Gray's, even if you put Gray in a league below Natsu's.

So, for me, Erza >> Gray since the beginning until now.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Imo, Natsu's FDK (I only count "residual power" he has now, not the full FDK he had in his one shot magic vs Zeleph) is not on Laxus's level. Natsu is strong, for sure, but Laxus is on another league. Like I said, FDK mode reduced the gap to barely being on his level in Alvarez, but Laxus improved so much in a year that I think he is now on another level even without Red Lightning. As stated by Erza, Laxus grows up far stronger than he did in every stats.

I also think that Gray or Silver's Ice is above LFD and ISD (see Silver's insta freeze Natsu). But it is just my opinion. Devil Slayer's magic is deadly against demon, clearly, but even with human beings, that mode boosts Gray's stats and magic power. Vs Skullion, a non devil being, Gray was stronger than his ice make. Again, vs Raijinshuu, he was in difficulty to counter three opponents, but destroyed them in DS mode with amped physical habilities. Faster, stronger, more powerful.... The weakness of this mode is that it makes him berserker or demonic, erasing his humanity if use for too long so he has to use it as a trump card.

Gray and Natsu were on par at full power (Devil Force vs END), and Gajeel is far below both. Natsu has average with elemental superiority and offensive potency (fire > ice) but Gray balance it with more versatility. I don't think Devil Slayer's magic was deadly effective on END. END was not pure devil monster, but hybrid of Human being + Dragon being + Devil being, and this is why Natsu was fated to die. He had to choose what being he really was to stop this fusion and die.

But it is just my opinion. Gray is a balance character. Natsu is a striker. The same as Erza (balance) and Laxus (striker). This is why I made analogy.

Just for me, for now and without PoF, Laxus and Erza are the best known (we don't know if Gildarts improved since a year). They are both on a league above Natsu's and Gray's, even if you put Gray in a league below Natsu's.

So, for me, Erza >> Gray since the beginning until now.
Well being another league is pushing it. That's to say you assume he can low diff which I dont see happening. You can be on the same tier but be weaker.

Skullion didn't have a scratch and the Raijinshuu aren't that strong. It's not that big of a "wow" moment for Gray.

Well put Gajeel at full power (Like against Bloodman) and he's not far below both. If you're going to compare, make the right comparison. Gajeel at full power is minimum equal to END and Gray with PoF.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Well being another league is pushing it. That's to say you assume he can low diff which I dont see happening. You can be on the same tier but be weaker.

Skullion didn't have a scratch and the Raijinshuu aren't that strong. It's not that big of a "wow" moment for Gray.

Well put Gajeel at full power (Like against Bloodman) and he's not far below both. If you're going to compare, make the right comparison. Gajeel at full power is minimum equal to END and Gray with PoF.
No I don't think Laxus can low diff Natsu. Putting him on another level is not saying he would trash him. But with Laxus's big amped, and Natsu's level seemingly the same of Alvarez (sure he has grown up, but didn't seem so much for me), in my opinion, for now, Laxus, even without Red Lightning is superior to Natsu mid-high diff. But I may be wrong.

For Skullion, sure he didn't have a scratch but their magic duel was more on "par" than Ice Make just before : one is making Ocean on ashes and one was freezing it. Gray manage to force Skullion to use seemingly far stronger spell to end this and Gray in the same occasion (without Brandish, Gray was perhaps dead). On another occasion, Skullion didn't have a scratch vs Mirajane but said she was strong and they have to retreat. Skullion is like a "Logia" if you are a One Piece fan. Hard to deal some injuries because you can't basicly touch the body (without Haki in OP). So, perhaps without even being touch by Mira, his Magic reserve was going down and perhaps he won't continue being ashes's body. I think, in the future chapters, Gray and Skullion will encounter again and Gray will win. But assomptions... :)

For the Raijinshuu, I think they are underestimate. Freed is quite powerful and their magic are hard to counter.

For Gajeel, I only take account the max power they can use by themselves, not external help. For exemple, the power of Natsu being on par or above Laxus or Jellal with Etherion's amped is not revelant. Gajeel can't use his "Dragon Force" without eating element. So his max level is his Shadow Iron which is quite strong.

For now, FDK is revelant (Natsu use at will), DS is revelant (Gray use at will but has to control it before loosing mind), Dragon Force is revelant in under circonstances (Natsu can climax his anger by external emotional stimulus to drive into Dragon Force), Devil Force is revelant (if Gray use DS too long, he may loose control and will pass Devil Force as potentially a berserker).

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
No I don't think Laxus can low diff Natsu. Putting him on another level is not saying he would trash him. But with Laxus's big amped, and Natsu's level seemingly the same of Alvarez (sure he has grown up, but didn't seem so much for me), in my opinion, for now, Laxus, even without Red Lightning is superior to Natsu mid-high diff. But I may be wrong.

For Skullion, sure he didn't have a scratch but their magic duel was more on "par" than Ice Make just before : one is making Ocean on ashes and one was freezing it. Gray manage to force Skullion to use seemingly far stronger spell to end this and Gray in the same occasion (without Brandish, Gray was perhaps dead). On another occasion, Skullion didn't have a scratch vs Mirajane but said she was strong and they have to retreat. Skullion is like a "Logia" if you are a One Piece fan. Hard to deal some injuries because you can't basicly touch the body (without Haki in OP). So, perhaps without even being touch by Mira, his Magic reserve was going down and perhaps he won't continue being ashes's body. I think, in the future chapters, Gray and Skullion will encounter again and Gray will win. But assomptions... :)

For the Raijinshuu, I think they are underestimate. Freed is quite powerful and their magic are hard to counter.

For Gajeel, I only take account the max power they can use by themselves, not external help. For exemple, the power of Natsu being on par or above Laxus or Jellal with Etherion's amped is not revelant. Gajeel can't use his "Dragon Force" without eating element. So his max level is his Shadow Iron which is quite strong.

For now, FDK is revelant (Natsu use at will), DS is revelant (Gray use at will but has to control it before loosing mind), Dragon Force is revelant in under circonstances (Natsu can climax his anger by external emotional stimulus to drive into Dragon Force), Devil Force is revelant (if Gray use DS too long, he may loose control and will pass Devil Force as potentially a berserker).
Being on another level does mean you can trash someone. The phrase "He/She is on a different level" references that.

Again, Gray only lasted so long because Skullion toyed with him. We literally see the minute he's serious, Gray is blown out of the water.... Literally.

Well, the Raijinshuu have no feats and the only somehwhat strong one (Freed) needs prep time for his runes.

Again, be fair. Gray can not use his "Devil Force" on his own. He needed Juvia's death to activate it. Same thing with Natsu, he needs someone to help him activate it. If you're going to take em at their strongest, be fair with Gajeel too. If not, regular DeS is not comparable to FDK.