For all ongoing Haki discussion, please post here.
Advanced CoA. Luffy should be able to do that too, nowSo any explanation as how Rayleigh blocked the elephant on RI without even coming in contact with it and how the Admirals blocked WB's attack at the execution stand with their arms outstretched? I think it's pretty clear that there's invisible Haki and also the hardening.
I think everyone knows that Ryuo is how CoA is called in Wano, just like Mantra is another name for CoO.There is a huge misunderstanding regarding what Ryuo is. It seems to be perceived as a different form of Armament Haki which I will disprove.
This is what I've been saying. I just don't think most people realise there's no difference between Haki and Ryuo. At least, the impression I'm getting is people really think Ryuo is a different form of Haki.I think everyone knows that Ryuo is how CoA is called in Wano, just like Mantra is another name for CoO.
Can't say that's the impression I'm getting.We use Ryuo for convenience, since there' no official name for emission kind or internal damaging kind...
Hyogoro said Ryuo is just what they call Haki in Wano...I think Ryou is an advanced form of armament. Just like futuresight from observation.
ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
This is what I meant.Hyogoro said Ryuo is just what they call Haki in Wano...
I think the context is a tad different though. Back in skypeia mantra was pretty much just CoO, they had no awareness or knowledge of invisible armors. In turn ryuo is pretty much just haki... in a section of the world where it is far more commonplace and swordsmen are generally familiar with it. In a place like wano where you potentially have armies of trained haki users (unlike skypeia where no one was trained in mantra) who could lean towards any type of haki having people who develop armor haki to advance levels while having no awareness whatsoever of observation haki is just weird, if not straight up nonsense. Add to that that so far in the series observation haki is the type of haki you are most likely to activate subconsiously (mantra users, coby, ussop...).Jeah and Mantra is what the call haki in skypia. But we know its only Observation.
They both know one color, but specialize in it.
It's pretty clear no one has been praised for their CoO in Wano. I doubt they are much aware of it since the focus has 100% being on CoA (Ryuo). It's all that matters in the land of Samurai.I think the context is a tad different though. Back in skypeia mantra was pretty much just CoO, they had no awareness or knowledge of invisible armors. In turn ryuo is pretty much just haki... in a section of the world where it is far more commonplace and swordsmen are generally familiar with it. In a place like wano where you potentially have armies of trained haki users (unlike skypeia where no one was trained in mantra) who could lean towards any type of haki having people who develop armor haki to advance levels while having no awareness whatsoever of observation haki is just weird, if not straight up nonsense. Add to that that so far in the series observation haki is the type of haki you are most likely to activate subconsiously (mantra users, coby, ussop...).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I still am.It's pretty clear no one has been praised for their CoO in Wano. I doubt they are much aware of it since the focus has 100% being on CoA (Ryuo). It's all that matters in the land of Samurai.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Elessar I don't know if you're still of the assumption that Zoro learnt CoA since before the time skip - even more absurd as far back as Alabasta - when it was the only ability keeping Logias safe from most combatants.
So in essence, Zoro should've been able to damage Enel, Aokiji and Kizaru or at least being a minor threat given what we know about CoA.
@Hannibal Psyche can be pretty stubborn and unwilling to take corrections but there are a few times he gets some things right. This is sadly one.
At least several of the scabbars have been confirmed to be observation haki users (even if not directly in the series). Observation haki is the least obvious type of haki but there is no particular reason to assume its not a thing in wano.It's pretty clear no one has been praised for their CoO in Wano. I doubt they are much aware of it since the focus has 100% being on CoA (Ryuo). It's all that matters in the land of Samurai.
I don't think it's that easy for them to know what constitutes CoO? They're probably aware but is it easy to tell? Future Sight as far as I know can be hard to tell as you could chalk it up to the user being fast until he starts predicting what the other person will say or do before they even do it. It's not as physical or obvious as CoA is.It's pretty clear no one has been praised for their CoO in Wano. I doubt they are much aware of it since the focus has 100% being on CoA (Ryuo). It's all that matters in the land of Samurai.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Elessar I don't know if you're still of the assumption that Zoro learnt CoA since before the time skip - even more absurd as far back as Alabasta - when it was the only ability keeping Logias safe from most combatants.
So in essence, Zoro should've been able to damage Enel, Aokiji and Kizaru or at least being a minor threat given what we know about CoA.
@Hannibal Psyche can be pretty stubborn and unwilling to take corrections but there are a few times he gets some things right. This is sadly one.
Then he didn't have it just as Luffy didn't really have CoO until the time skip (he used it once and never again till his training).I still am.
Having used CoA instinctively in certain extreme situations is no different from Luffy using CoO against Mihawk. They obviously had no mastery over haki and certainly weren't using it 24/7, so Zoro's encounters with logias don't change much.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You may have missed my point. I said no one has been praised for it (bar Luffy since he barely dodged Kaido's signature move) i.e singled out cos it isn't the focus here in Wano. It hasn't been made a thing (not even once).At least several of the scabbars have been confirmed to be observation haki users (even if not directly in the series). Observation haki is the least obvious type of haki but there is no particular reason to assume its not a thing in wano.
I don't acknowledge BOAT as it's own separate thing, nor does the manga so far. Zoro started using flying slashes once he reached a certain level of strength, that's all there is to that for now.Then he didn't have it just as Luffy didn't really have CoO until the time skip (he used it once and never again till his training).
What is confirmed is that Zoro was able to start using flying slashes soon after he unlocked the BOAT.
It appears you didn't understand my point. This logia point is a terrible, terrible argument.And when you say in certain extreme situations do expatiate please. Cos Zoro has never for once shown the ability to cut Logias Pre TS.
But what's the point of mentioning CoO when it's not going to help beat Big Mom or Kaidou other than dodging attacks?You may have missed my point. I said no one has been praised for it (bar Luffy since he barely dodged Kaido's signature move) i.e singled out cos it isn't the focus here in Wano. It hasn't been made a thing (not even once).
Ryuo/CoA and swords is the theme here.
LOL. If an attack can't hit you, you can't be defeated. It's the very reason Oda had Luffy learned future sight when fighting Katakuri. It's the major reason Katakuri had an undefeated record against anyone pre Luffy even though he'd clashed with other Yonko crews.But what's the point of mentioning CoO when it's not going to help beat Big Mom or Kaidou other than dodging attacks?
That doesn't mean it's not a thing. Your average haki user is generally able to use at least some form of armor and observation haki. In the grand scheme of things its extremely reasonable that any fighter with some worth is going to have both. Isn't ryou what people in wano call haki rather than specifically armor haki?You may have missed my point. I said no one has been praised for it (bar Luffy since he barely dodged Kaido's signature move) i.e singled out cos it isn't the focus here in Wano. It hasn't been made a thing (not even once).
Ryuo/CoA and swords is the theme here.
Seems you're one of those who still don't get it. Ryou is not Haki in wano, Ryou is CoA (not just any colour of Haki but armament Haki) and over 90% of fighters in Wano are Samurai so it's mostly applied to their swords.That doesn't mean it's not a thing. Your average haki user is generally able to use at least some form of armor and observation haki. In the grand scheme of things its extremely reasonable that any fighter with some worth is going to have both. Isn't ryou what people in wano call haki rather than specifically armor haki?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We have an agreement then.If you want to understand "having" haki as "being capable of using it at will", then no, Zoro didn't have it until post-TS, but he still was the first Strawhat to use it pre-TS. In Arabasta
--- Double Post Merged, ---
"Extreme situations" (plural) was what you mentioned the first time so I was curious what other examples you had beside the Arabasta arc.The extreme situation I mentioned was obviously Zoro's fight against Mr.1, in which he showed haki. That's the fight that objectively pushed him the most pre-TS other than the whole Oars battle.