Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Fault of Olympic Games, many animes have dropped the past two weeks, don't worry. =)
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Ep43 spoilers:
Holy crap. There was a lot more blood than I expected. Shizuku was literally vacuuming up a pool of blood. A swimming pool of blood. They "censored" one-eye guy by not really showing us a close up of him. But damn, this was violent. Baise and Ivlenkov still got knocked pretty hard, but I don't think Ivlenkov's head was completely smushed. Uvo goes ham on the Mafia. I loved the scene where he breaks the guy's neck... and we get the guy's sideway point of view looking at Uvo. Awesome, Madhouse, awesome. Episode ends when the Shadow Beasts appear to the Nostrade Family.
 
Last edited:

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Episode 43 Or "When Killua kisses Gon" ...

Dat bloody bath ! Oo

Awesome auction attack. Feitan like a boss :mono

Deme-chan <3 Baise... My poor baby... =(

Uvo is funny, and the Shadow beasts, beautiful !

But damn, it's slow and this OST...
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have to wait another half hour for HxH on Crunchyroll.

At least I have Space Brothers to watch in the meantime.

-------------------

I almost NEVER stop an episode to do other stuff. But I have to stop it to say this:

DAT MASSACRE.

Yeah, I love fictional violence.
 
Last edited:

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kindred I can't agree more. DAT MASSACRE! SO MUCH VIOLENCE! Soooo beautifullllllll..:zomg Can I have a tissue please? ;~; I just..All of my feels....

Baise...Whaaaaaaai!? DX I knew it was coming but WHAIIIIII!>!!! Uvo was crushing the Mafia as expected. Too bad Kurapika is...COMING TO TAKE YOU AWAY! HOHO! :DDDDD

This episode was just all around awesome. :^_^
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
So I've watched the episode twice...
Not only is the animation and adapting as good as it gets... the voice cast! They make the episode even better! Without such a perfect ensemble, a pretty looking episode can turn out pretty badly. But Akio Ohtsuka as Uvo... his giddiness for murder and destruction had me laughing while Uvo was laughing himself! He is perfect! And while Chrollo hasn't taken the stage yet, Mamoru Miyano is still able to give a strong force behind every little thing that comes out of his mouth. It takes a powerful man to be able to control such a wild force such as Uvo, and with a voice like that, Miyano definitely makes Chrollo that man.

Although have to say I had to laugh at some of the cheesiness to some scenes too. I really hate how they have to point out "Oh, he must be a Nen user!" "These aren't normal people" "Those must be Nen bullets!" ORLY. It was like that a few episodes too when Dazollene was explaining Neon's ability... to her dad. I'm pretty sure Neon's dad knows her ability better than anyone ~_~ Lousy exposition.

And here's a TL for those episode titles:
8/26 - 放送休止 - Broadcasting break
9/2 - コウソク×ト×ヤクソク - Limitations x And x Promises (about Kurapika's Nen daggers? It's early... but I remember this phrase from then)
9/9 - オウモノ×ト×マツモノ - The Chasing One x And x The Waiting One (I'm not sure exactly how to phrase this. It's literally "chasing thing and waiting thing." Probably a way to shorten it/make it more eloquent.)
 
Last edited:

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I liked feitan slicing the guys head off. The cheesy parts didn't bother me much. The Auction massacre was done great. 10/10 for shutting up the censorship whores.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man, I was expecting it to be much tamer and would have even liked it then if they did a good job.
But Madhouse wasn't lying when they said it would get more violent. Of course still not as violent
as the manga. But that would be quite a bit to ask for. This works for me.

For the sake of staying true to the manga I was a little disappointed Franklin didn't coup de grace the survivor
but instead it was Feitan beheading him. I mean...when did Feitan become a Zoldyck member. LOL.
HOWEVER, on the bright side this makes me less worried about any possible future decapitations.
Using the vaccum to censor was a clever trick and I think it still looked pretty good.

Seriously though. Awesome episode.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah I remember some people saying that 2011 anime is for kids. Only 5 mins in and the amount of violence surprised me.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm really torn with my feelings for tonights episode. One one hand, it was amazing from a story content perspective, little details like the amount of gore, the pacing and how it was drawn. But I was very underwelmed by the animation quality. Episode 52 of the 1999 series did a good job with what tools they were given, its a highlight of the series for me (I've watched 99 Yorknew many times) but I can deal with a show that has its ups and downs. I enjoyed the episode but the animation felt like a series of panning still shots while the last had great animation (despite having no real action, I guess they can't chose a bad art day?), overall I give it a 7/10 (mostly for being accurate to the manga in my favorite arc, the drawings/pacing and violence level)

I hope the next episode has higher production values, and I gotta say, I am pumped for how good NGL/Greed Island will look!
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
UGH. The video stopped RIGHT AFTER FRANKLIN SAYS "DIE."

All this DAT MASSACRE talk got me excited to watch. Then the video stopped for some unknown reason. REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH.

Yes. Ahem. Anyway. Sorry, I just had to post this. I'll come back with something worth contributing once I finish watching.
 

HiggsBoson

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
22
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm fine with how the animation is choppy sometimes..for now (they better step it up on GI though). I just hope to God when it comes to GI or Ant arc, almost every fight should be at the level of the Hisoka vs Gon fight. For now, it's fine for me since it's kind of been there done that thing. It's really hard to top the 99 hand drawn fight animations. I mean, in one scene animation/artwork looks like flash, in the next 5 mins it's like super eyegasm.

I like the murder orchestra theme. The first time i liked a soundtrack (finally) in the 2011 version. I have to say the VA on the 2011 version wipes the floor with the 99 version. It gives a much better character impression imo. The freakin violence needless to say surprised everyone. I mean, really? they can get away with that in the morning slot? This had me worried at the same time made me compliment them for having the balls to do so.

7/10 (9/10 would be at the level of Hisoka vs Gon).
+1 to violence
-1 to cap obvious/cheesiness exposition
 
Last edited:

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
THE BLOOD AND THE VIOLENCE !! :) And as such ,the yorknew arc has begun! Madhouse is definitely taking it up a notch.
Shizuku and demo-chan honestly creeps me a bit.I find that Shizuku with her poker face expression when she was killing people disturbing.
Though madhouse changed the dialogues a bit ,I think it's okay.
And the last part of the episode ,Killua kissing Gon!! What the hell!! :gwah
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm fine with how the animation is choppy sometimes..for now (they better step it up on GI though). I just hope to God when it comes to GI or Ant arc, almost every fight should be at the level of the Hisoka vs Gon fight. For now, it's fine for me since it's kind of been there done that thing. It's really hard to top the 99 hand drawn fight animations. I mean, in one scene animation/artwork looks like flash, in the next 5 mins it's like super eyegasm.
Your expecting too much then. Just hope the animation continues to be as good as it is now with the occasional Gon vs Hisoka type animation. The quality of animation in this show exceeds most shonen anime out right.(looking at you Naruto Shippuden)
 

HiggsBoson

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
22
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Your expecting too much then. Just hope the animation continues to be as good as it is now with the occasional Gon vs Hisoka type animation. The quality of animation in this show exceeds most shonen anime out right.(looking at you Naruto Shippuden)
Yeah. Guess you're right. Gone are the times of good ol' hand drawn animations. And oh my God, Naruto? That thing fluctuates like crazy..
It's always a dilemma or some sort. The 99 looks old as hell sometimes but has outstanding fights. And 2011 looks very nice but choppy on the aforementioned department. Both are winners though.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Alright, finally watched the whole episode. And oh wow, that violence. I was surprised to see all that blood. I knew Madhouse was planning to make this arc more violent, but this exceeded all my expectations in terms of censorship. I kinda like how Madhouse sort of 'jumped the gun' with the violence, so to speak. It's really telling how brutal Yorkshin is gonna be. This, ladies and gentlemen, is just the beginning.

But I'm going to have to agree with Americandream here. I was a little underwhelmed by the animation. Don't get me wrong; I was actually overwhelmed a little by the violence itself (I didn't expect this much). But in terms of actual animation... yeah, there were a lot of still images and panning. However, seeing as there are going to be a lot more action in the next few episodes, I don't really mind. We can't have Hisoka vs. Gon quality for each episode. I'd rather they make Kurapika's scenes top quality. Plus, given how Madhouse death-stomped on censorship with high heels of hell, this episode was pretty good.

Actually, the animation wasn't really that bad. I just felt there were too many panning of still shots, but it's really a minor complaint. Episode was awesome. I like the shock factor. This is the Yorskshin arc.

OST didn't seem awkward to me, and the VAs were very good and talented. I'm starting to get used to Shalnark's voice now too.

What I did not expect at all was Killua kissing Gon. Welp, that's fanservice for you. RIP Baise and Tocino. You will be missed.

On that note, I want to see Feitan vs. Killua someday.
Yes please. :zomg

I'm fine with how the animation is choppy sometimes..for now (they better step it up on GI though).
Yup, pretty much all my thoughts summarized.
 
Last edited:

steadynco

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
119
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Awesome episode. With the violence taken to a new level (really surprised about Tochino's bullet hole in the head being shown), I feel pretty confident about how the rest of the series will be adapted (especially the chimera ant arc).

Not sure why Ubo didn't lose his singlet after the bazooka attack, he should lose it after the Big Bang Impact though.

Gon and Killua kiss lol

....and I really want to see Pariston but that'll be a wait haha
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The animation didn't bother me too much in this episode (though yes it could have been better).
But I don't think it was really necessary for it to be the best animation.

Though I hope we get some good animation for the car chase...and it actually feels like a car chase this time.

One thing I love about this episode is the adrenaline. The only time that one could "catch their breath"
was Chrollo and Uvogin's talk. Other than it got the heart pumping as everyone is racing to stop the Phantom Troupe.

I hope Madhouse can keep up that feel of adrenaline. Because I'll tell you, for me personally, I did not feel
that intensity from the 99 Yorknew. Yes, 99 Yorknew had nice action...but it felt more calm in a way.
Like a mafia movie or something. Where there's something almost romantic about the action and violence.
With 2011 it feels like it will be more intense as I think the manga is. A good example of this adrenaline
is the upcoming car chase. The 99 treats it more as point A to point B and focuses more on what
Kurapika is thinking whereas with the manga it seems like a much more dangerous situation both literally and emotionally
In the 99 Kurapika does not drive. He sits in the passenger seat getting to hate on Uvogin.
In the manga he is driving but is so focused on his hate for Uvogin that Melody literally has to scream at him
to keep his eyes on the road. It is stuff like that scene that makes the manga and hopefully 2011 much
more intense.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top