Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
-EPISODE 46-

Manga: Chapter 79, chapter 80
Nippon’s adaptation: Episode 54, episode 55


Kurapika’s question about the Scarlet Eyes came before the call. I really liked the scene with the panning and selective cropping.





Kurapika’s was not seen when he made the next appointment in Madhouse’s adaptation





Dalzollene’s dead body did not appear in Madhouse’s adaptation




A filler scene in Nippon’s adaptation between the Spiders and we see for the first time the spider coin used to solve disputes between the members according to the rules.





These eyes…..!! :s



It’s a miracle he didn’t get furious on her considering his anger issues from the previous episodes…!!


Once again, Linsen does not talk at all in both adaptations despite talking in the manga.





Squalla’s thoughts on babysitting Neon was not in Madhouse’s adaptation



Kurapika talks with Nostrade in privacy in Nippon’s adaptation instead of staying in Neon’s room.




Here we see Nostrade for the first time in the manga and Nippon’s adaptation. He showed up previously in episode 41 of Madhouse’s adaptation





The beginning of Kurapika looking up the info was not seen in Madhouse’s adaptation




Dead man #1





We see here the hunters website is the same as the one Gon and Killua used in the past, but Uvo and Shal did not go in it like the last time.



We also see Franklin with them bringing the beer since it was his assighnment




THE MANLY KISS!! It was a brief comedic moment in the manga and Madhouses’, but Nippon’s…. they went a bit beyond….. excuse me while I vomit…!! :-_-





Uvo on the Moon






I’m running out of dirty jokes…!



A Togashi desktop in Nippon’s adaptation




That’s MY question…!


Both adaptation’s did not show Squalla’s epic reaction as it was in the manga.





A “secret message” between Kurapika and Senritsu in Nippon’s adaptation

Dead man #2





Dead man #3. Madhouse kept the place, but Nippon kept the finisher.





Now back to the trio. This scene got extended a bit in Nippon’s adaptation




Correction: He was raised by fox bears.


Both adaptations did not show Leoreo’s thoughts on the plan.

(Right): “This kind of auction arose from illegitimate means to begin with.” – (Left): There’s bound to be a betting pool in the sidelines, gambling on the outcome.”


Then….. The worst scene in the episode…. Like they say: “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice… shame on both of us.” First was opening the gate, second was the hurdling, and now this! Why does Madhouse keep altering Leoreo’s spotlight scenes?! Do they have a personal issue with him or something?! Luckily Nippon have kept the scene unaltered, but my nitpick is the slam was a still image instead of an animated moment.







I always thought this was a dude and not a beefed up woman, and I was right…!






Gon is still weak in math in Nippon’s adaptation




The Spiders’ pamphlet.






More dialogue between the boys in Nippon’s adaptation.




In Madhouse’s adaptation, Killua hears about the attack on the auction.



In Nippon’s adaptation, it was Gon who wanted to start looking instead of Leoreo. Plus they made him more oblivious on the situation.



In Nippon's adaptation we see Kurapika is using the Guiding Ring Finger to sense Uvo's arrival.



Uvo’s face when he reached Kurapika looked nothing like the manga.







Hmmm….. :-_-



Yay! :cheez


Unfortunately, this episode was worse than the expectations, especially after the superb performance of the previous episodes. But the changes we’ve seen made it bad and I hope they make it up with the upcoming episodes.

7.5/10
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow.

Really.

I don't get you guys.


Nowhere did I say the episode was awful or anything like that. Again I said I give it a 7.5 out of 10. That's STILL a good rating. 5 would be average.
Yes, I know I nitpick. But I do so for the sake of fairness. I judge according to the manga. That is the standard. I do believe the vast majority
of are fans of the manga, yes? So I think at least some of y'all should understand my sorrow. But instead I'm getting treated like I'm just
complaining for the sake of complaining and that I'm just butt hurt and should just chill because yippe do dah day it's the Kurapika and Uvogin fight.

You know one day you people are going to realize there's more to life than Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe.

There's also Leorio. And hopefully a Leorio knife fight.

I don't think asking Madhouse to not throw Leorio under the bus is too much to ask.
I mean c'mon remember when we first saw the troupe THERE WERE PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT PHINX HAD BLONDE HAIR.
and not just "hm I don't like it" but like OMG THIS IS GONNA RUIN THE ANIME. MADHOUSE SUCKS! PHINX ISN'T BLONDE.



Also I for one do not find Leorio to be the idiot side kick.

I see him as being street smart and street tough.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I for one DO think the omitted scene was important.

Also the whole "they only have 22 minutes" is a lame excuse.
99 had the same amount of time but they fit more in. Why?
Because they did a better job of pacing then.

Madhouse has the whole friggin manga as an guide.

Poor pacing is inexcusable.

It's annoying though because I'm sure next episode the fight will be great
and then Madhouse might just think "well as long as we do good at these
major scenes then we can just screw up everything else."

Ok, I'm exaggerating. But still.
Omitting a scene is not poor pacing. If what they replaced it with had no flow or reason to it, then it would be poor pacing. But the episode flowed pretty naturally regardless. They chose to highlight a different part of Leorio's personality. Right the focus should be on Kurapika and the Troupe. This episode set up how the others will converge with Kurapika.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
-EPISODE 46-

Manga: Chapter 79, chapter 80
Nippon’s adaptation: Episode 54, episode 55


Kurapika’s question about the Scarlet Eyes came before the call. I really liked the scene with the panning and selective cropping.





Kurapika’s was not seen when he made the next appointment in Madhouse’s adaptation





Dalzollene’s dead body did not appear in Madhouse’s adaptation




A filler scene in Nippon’s adaptation between the Spiders and we see for the first time the spider coin used to solve disputes between the members according to the rules.





These eyes…..!! :s



It’s a miracle he didn’t get furious on her considering his anger issues from the previous episodes…!!


Once again, Linsen does not talk at all in both adaptations despite talking in the manga.





Squalla’s thoughts on babysitting Neon was not in Madhouse’s adaptation



Kurapika talks with Nostrade in privacy in Nippon’s adaptation instead of staying in Neon’s room.




Here we see Nostrade for the first time in the manga and Nippon’s adaptation. He showed up previously in episode 41 of Madhouse’s adaptation





The beginning of Kurapika looking up the info was not seen in Madhouse’s adaptation




Dead man #1





We see here the hunters website is the same as the one Gon and Killua used in the past, but Uvo and Shal did not go in it like the last time.



We also see Franklin with them bringing the beer since it was his assighnment




THE MANLY KISS!! It was a brief comedic moment in the manga and Madhouses’, but Nippon’s…. they went a bit beyond….. excuse me while I vomit…!! :-_-





Uvo on the Moon






I’m running out of dirty jokes…!



A Togashi desktop in Nippon’s adaptation




That’s MY question…!


Both adaptation’s did not show Squalla’s epic reaction as it was in the manga.





A “secret message” between Kurapika and Senritsu in Nippon’s adaptation

Dead man #2





Dead man #3. Madhouse kept the place, but Nippon kept the finisher.





Now back to the trio. This scene got extended a bit in Nippon’s adaptation




Correction: He was raised by fox bears.


Both adaptations did not show Leoreo’s thoughts on the plan.

(Right): “This kind of auction arose from illegitimate means to begin with.” – (Left): There’s bound to be a betting pool in the sidelines, gambling on the outcome.”


Then….. The worst scene in the episode…. Like they say: “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice… shame on both of us.” First was opening the gate, second was the hurdling, and now this! Why does Madhouse keep altering Leoreo’s spotlight scenes?! Do they have a personal issue with him or something?! Luckily Nippon have kept the scene unaltered, but my nitpick is the slam was a still image instead of an animated moment.







I always thought this was a dude and not a beefed up woman, and I was right…!






Gon is still weak in math in Nippon’s adaptation




The Spiders’ pamphlet.






More dialogue between the boys in Nippon’s adaptation.




In Madhouse’s adaptation, Killua hears about the attack on the auction.



In Nippon’s adaptation, it was Gon who wanted to start looking instead of Leoreo. Plus they made him more oblivious on the situation.



In Nippon's adaptation we see Kurapika is using the Guiding Ring Finger to sense Uvo's arrival.



Uvo’s face when he reached Kurapika looked nothing like the manga.







Hmmm….. :-_-



Yay! :cheez


Unfortunately, this episode was worse than the expectations, especially after the superb performance of the previous episodes. But the changes we’ve seen made it bad and I hope they make it up with the upcoming episodes.

7.5/10

At last! Someone who understands!

Hopefully Madhouse finishes volume 9 in the next episode. I think they can do it.

Here's how I think it should go

Killua talks about Silva's warning about the Troupe.

Gon, Killua and Leorio go look for the Troupe.

During this Leorio is confronted by some angry arm wrestlers who want their money back. INSERT LEORIO KNIFE FIGHT HERE.

rest of Gon, Killua and Leorio scene.

Kurapika vs Uvogin begins with Uvogin charging up

break

Fight

Hopefully it ends with Emperor Time.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Omitting a scene is not poor pacing. If what they replaced it with had no flow or reason to it, then it would be poor pacing. But the episode flowed pretty naturally regardless. They chose to highlight a different part of Leorio's personality.
The scene was omitted DUE to poor pacing.

They spent all of the episode on Kurapika and Uvogin that when they got to Leorio they ran out of time.
So they had to rush through the scene instead of taking the calm and collected approach as the manga does.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

episode 47 preview gifs





Sorry Kurapika only...
I do say though...

the nen is looking great there.

Though I wonder...is Kurapika still wearing his lens there? Because even though his eyes are red...well they seem duller than I was expecting.
I mean I was expecting a lot more contrast. Well it still looks cool but I was hoping for them to look glow in the dark.

Though I do like his expression.
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Both adaptations did not show Leoreo’s thoughts on the plan.

(Right): “This kind of auction arose from illegitimate means to begin with.” – (Left): There’s bound to be a betting pool in the sidelines, gambling on the outcome.”


Then….. The worst scene in the episode…. Like they say: “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice… shame on both of us.” First was opening the gate, second was the hurdling, and now this! Why does Madhouse keep altering Leoreo’s spotlight scenes?! Do they have a personal issue with him or something?! Luckily Nippon have kept the scene unaltered, but my nitpick is the slam was a still image instead of an animated moment.




I want to mention that in the 1999 series, Leorio's plan isn't to have Gon participate in underground activity. In fact, the screenshots above prove it: for some reason, Leorio knew that he was taking them to an underground auction (wherein the mafia sells black market goods). Just what exactly was his plan?

Even though the sequence of him arm-wrestling was removed, Madhouse made Leorio's intelligence more apparent. If the 1999 series made him seem like more of an idiot (which it definitely focused on--especially during the Hunter Exam arc), Madhouse is removing scenes where he showcases his brute strength in favor for his craftiness. It's not like Leorio is a fighter to begin with. He aims to be a doctor.

I can't say that this was my favorite episode either, though I loved the ending. Uvo and Kurapika's dialogue was perfect.
 
Last edited:

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Now I'm a huge Leorio fan myself, but I still enjoyed the scene as it seemed more logical to me than in manga.
Regarding pacing, I think Madhouse is doing a much better job than Nippon. Not to mention that their pacing in more stable, in comparison to Nippons dragged out Exam&Zoldycks arc and rushed the remaining ones. MH usually has much less material for an episode to deal with (it's their own choise tho) but they manage to present it with much more dynamic than NA had.

The next episode will probably go like this:
It starts with Killua's story about Silva encountering one of the Spiders. Then, after the group is about to go hunting the GR, the scene changes to Uvo&Kurapika. I think it'd very probable that they omit the hide&seek sequence for now and leave it for the next episode, but they could possibly leave it where it is. Now, the battle starts, and after a few hits Kurapika gets cocky and starts pissing Uvo off: "Don't tell me that was your best shot". Commercial break. Then the battle goes on, Uvo goes full power but gets captured. Restriction&Vow flashback. Kurapika removes the lenses. Specialization flashback. Emperor time. Episode end.

The episode after that could start with Gon&co. possibly omitted parts. They search for Spiders, then talk about Kurapika not needing their help and head to the hotel to look for responses. Then the scene chages to Kurapika speaking with Uvo and finishing him off. Commercial break. Gon&co. continue their journey, deciding that Spiders are still somewhere in the city. The scene changes to the Spiders themselves, who seem to worry about Uvo not coming back. Episode end.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
Damn, you guys type fast.

I think that MH fixed the Zoldyck gate logic/power issue. Think about it, it's only been close to a month since the 3 began their weight training and they're so "gifted" that they were able to open the 1st gate (Kurapika-Gon) and the 2nd gate (Leorio), which weighs 4 tons and 8 tons respectively, on their own and then we got a comment from the gate guy that Killua managed to open the 3rd gate (16 tons) when he returned - implying that this is the 1st time Killua was able to open the 3rd gate. So in just a short time of training, Leorio is on par with hunter exam!Killua physically? IMO, that's hard to believe.

Also to the general fandom, Leorio is kind of an idiot sidekick by shounen standards. To those who've seen YYH, they automatically see Leorio = Kuwabara which is what I'm pinpointing when talking about the golden-hearted ones. 1999 version included the gate scenes and the arm wrestling scenes but their treatment of Leorio as the "comic relief, idiot sidekick" gave a bad taste. So yes, I'm fine that MH withholding his physical prowess scenes in favor of highlighting his smart side to break that kind of stereotyping.
I don't think so.Many things even more incredible happen in the manga for example Gon and Killua learned extremely quickly.It's a shonen so it should not be so incredible.

MH know how to portray Leorio(filler discussion in ep.42 is great),but they don't like him IMO.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't seen the episode due to limited web access, but I'm REALLY starting to get ticked off that they keep withholding his physical powers momments. Yes I greatly appreciate that they aren't making Leorio a bumbling twit, but can't he be street savvy AND considerably strong? In this kind of world it shouldn't be too hard to find those kinds of people!

I'm starting to share Demonspeed's thoughts, but as long as they don't puss out on
Leorio's epic portal punch to ging in the election arc
I won't start flipping tables. Besides this aside its not like they're doing a bad job on everything else (from what I've seen sofar) but this is without a doubt a letdown.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I agree with the people here who say MH is highlighting other aspects of Leorio's character (i.e. his smarts and social abilities). However, I'm a little letdown they didn't show his arm wrestling scene.

I've been playing a lot of D&D-esque games lately, so I'm starting to look at the characters in terms of intelligence dots, stamina dots, presence dots, etc. I should make character sheets for the characters. It'd be pretty epic.

In any case, Gon's being shown as the physical powerhouse of the series (i.e. getting more attention for his arm wrestling, the more over-the-top scene with the nen water test). MH is doing little things to highlight Gon's strength (he is the main protagonist after all), but also keeping pretty closely in line with his manga personality. And Leorio's the social powerhouse of the group. But his personality's still there. Believe me, it's irksome, but it's not a dealbreaker.

I can't wait until next episode. This one warrants a 8/10 for me. At least I was able to cherish the Gon/Killua/Leorio scene.
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
I just wanted to see how Madhouse is gonna handle that Leorio scene, but no, they didn't handle it! they just stupidly removed it!

Madhouse....You really made me MAD!:mad
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The omitted scene is essentially an effect of the poor pacing.
They're trying too much to drag out Kurapika's storyline that
they run out of time for Gon, Killua and especially Leorio's storyline.

I don't think this is nitpicking at all. It's not like I'm saying the episode was terrible.
I did give it a 7.5 out of 10. But Madhouse has not done very well balancing Kurapika's
story with the story of Gon, Killua, and Leorio and it's been that way for the whole arc.

I've had problems with the 99 making Yorknew as "The Kurapika Show" but Madhouse is just as bad. In fact I have to say that I think the argument that Madhouse is more faithful to the manga is officially invalid now. Both 99 and 2011 have their problems.

To me, Madhouse's treatment of Leorio is about as bad as Nippon's treatment of Killua.

Which is sad because Leorio was GREAT in the Hunter Exam arc.

But Zoldyck arc and beyond...I'm sorry but Leorio might as well not be there.
I think your going a little overaboard. Leorio needs to be there. Madhouse omitting his feats of glory doesn't mis characterize him at all. It's more like a missed opportunity. Also the first half of the arc is mostly about Kurpika and the PT. Fleshing out their characters doesn't hurt the story one bit. Gon and Killua are gonna have their share. Them not being in the episodes as much doesn't hurt the story as well. In matter of fact it helps the story progress. People are missing Gon and Killua much more. Overall story wise this is the only time for Kurpaika to be in the spotlight. Well the first half of yorkshin atleast. Just have to see how they handle the second half to determine if it really is Kurapika and PT centric.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kurapika is badass :hip


 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I want to mention that in the 1999 series, Leorio's plan isn't to have Gon participate in underground activity. In fact, the screenshots above prove it: for some reason, Leorio knew that he was taking them to an underground auction (wherein the mafia sells black market goods). Just what exactly was his plan?

Even though the sequence of him arm-wrestling was removed, Madhouse made Leorio's intelligence more apparent. If the 1999 series made him seem like more of an idiot (which it definitely focused on--especially during the Hunter Exam arc), Madhouse is removing scenes where he showcases his brute strength in favor for his craftiness. It's not like Leorio is a fighter to begin with. He aims to be a doctor.

I can't say that this was my favorite episode either, though I loved the ending. Uvo and Kurapika's dialogue was perfect.


This to me is just an excuse.

There is no reason why Leorio can't be crafty AND showcase brute strength.
Madhouse isn't focusing on Leorio's craftiness. They are only dealing with half
of Leorio's character. Leorio may be a doctor. He may be the weakest in the group.
But he's not this little delicate flower. At least so in the manga. Leorio knows how to fight.
At least non-nen fighting.

And I happen to think that Leorio is from the school of hard knocks.
He's got the switchblade. He threatened an old lady with a two by four.
He challenged Hisoka. He seems to know a lot about the mafia and what not.
Sure he could have done his "research" before. But Leorio seems pretty
at home in Yorknew. Gon is the tourist with talent. Kurapika is the stranger but he's
able to calculate what to do. And Killua is the professional.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They've never once portrayed Leorio as a "delicate flower".
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
They've never once portrayed Leorio as a "delicate flower".
It's true but seriously,i don't see where he seems craftier in the anime.In the manga he seems crafty and strong,in the anime it's just a crafty man.It's not as if Leorio's strenght was highlighted many times.Anime only watchers won't perceive him as us IMO.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I just realize, 3 of the guards had hunter licence (Linzen, Basho and Senritsu) and they didnt use it. Only the newbie hunter remembers its uses... This family wont last long if Kurapika didnt join. They could have been "all" annihilated from the start if Kurapika didnt bother.
 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
Ok guys, here is september schedule :
tkROUT said:
September Schedule:
9/16 47話 セイヤク×ト×セイヤク 
ED 松村政輝 SB 久場良忠 AD 森智子

9/23 48話 メキキ×ノ×キキメ 
ED 田中智也 SB 坂田淳一 AD 菅野芳弘

9/30 49話 ツイセキ×デ×ブンセキ 
ED 吉田大輔 SB西村聡 AD 韓国人

10/7 50話 ナカマ×ト×カタナ
ED 久場良忠 SB米田 AD 阿比留

Need Translation Please.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
the third line... I mean schedule... Is that what I think it is... a recap? I only use googletranslate...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top