Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,397
Gender
Male
Country
France
There's no freaking way. GI is no shorter than YS and YS will probably last for 24 eps or more. So GI end would be around the Summer Season start.
I don't see why not.Episode 50 confirms that it'll cover at least ch.91 and it will air October 7th,if there is no pause.If we suppose the pace of 2 chapters/episode is kept after this,they'll reach ch.119 the January 13th which coincides with Phantom Rouge date.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There's no freaking way. GI is no shorter than YS and YS will probably last for 24 eps or more. So GI end would be around the Summer Season start.



Hmm, mine would be something like this:
Exam: 2011 - 8, 1999 - 6
Zoldycks: 2011 - 7, 1999 - 6
Arena: 2011 - 10, 1999 - 6
Yorkshin: 2011 - 9, 1999 - 8.5
Greed Island: 2011 - ?, 1999 - 9

For Greed Island 1999---I give it a 7 out of 10.
For 2011 I am expecting anywhere from a 8 to a 10.



Also how do we know episode 50 will cover chapter 91?
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow...This anime actually makes his arm look broken..can't wait.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Just looking at that punch makes my arm hurt. :(

Can't wait!

I hope Paku makes a safe and speedy recovery!

Also:

There are sooo many places the manga could go from here. I mean, we have Kurapika, the spiders, Gyro, Killua/Alluka/Illumi, The dark continent, Beyond Netero, the unhatched cocoons, meteor city... the list goes on. Personally, I think another hunter exam arc would be cool, but I'm not sure how our mains would play into that.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have to say that Nippon has set the bar high for Episode 56 of the 1999.
It finishes the rest of Volume 9 and even the first chapter of Volume 10
and I think it was pretty accurate to the manga save for a few changes
in Kurapika vs Uvogin. Not entirely important changes (they didn't effect the outcome)
but well I hope Madhouse sticks more to the manga then...because there's some awesome
scenes that weren't animated in the Nippon version

Namely Kurapika getting punched and flying through the air and then revealing the nen chain--WHILE IN MID-AIR. Too cool.

I really hope this episode 47 ends on the first chapter of Volume 10 and includes all the Gon, Killua and Leorio stuff.
I think we're gonna need that pure GAR of Gon. Basically if this follows the manga even more than the 99 did I can easily see a 10/10.

I mean just imagine Gon pawning his license and with a confident smile "We can't turn back now" and then...Hunting for your dream. Epic.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I don't see why not.Episode 50 confirms that it'll cover at least ch.91 and it will air October 7th,if there is no pause.If we suppose the pace of 2 chapters/episode is kept after this,they'll reach ch.119 the January 13th which coincides with Phantom Rouge date.
You don't get it.
I mean, YS is probably here till Winter Season, which is 24 eps in total. While GI will be until Summer Season, not Spring! It would be too soon.

The tittle...
It is not 100%.
But even if it is really about
Nobu&Uvo
, then I believe 91 is as far as the plot'll go.

I think that the Outside World arc seems very 'Final Arc' material to me. I still believe we have the following arcs left pretty much confirmed to happen:
Meteor City Arc (probably featuring Kurapika heavily in battle with the Troupe again as well as Gyro becoming a more major player in the Hunter world)
New Hunter Exam Arc/D Day Arc (If anyone remembers correctly a long while ago Zepile left the main characters with the goal of becoming a Hunter, he could reenter the story here I think. Also we will see the Rookie-Crusher Tonpa return again. Also as we know Pariston plans on releasing his Chimera Ants into a playground, this is speculated to be that playground)
and of course the Outside World Arc which I think will be pushed back due to Zodiacs hunting Beyond. Eventually Beyond will be able to make it to the Outside world. But not yet. It's too soon.
Yeah, I'd definitely want to see Pariston's Ants Playground. But I believe Zepile gave up after the first try, no...?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,397
Gender
Male
Country
France
You don't get it.
I mean, YS is probably here till Winter Season, which is 24 eps in total. While GI will be until Summer Season, not Spring! It would be too soon.


It is not 100%.
But even if it is really about
Nobu&Uvo
, then I believe 91 is as far as the plot'll go.



Yeah, I'd definitely want to see Pariston's Ants Playground. But I believe Zepile gave up after the first try, no...?
My bad.You are right,it's exactly what i wanted to say.I wrote mindlessly.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Moderator Notice:
Guys, I moved a lot of post to the 341 thread. Please, for ANY discussion related to upcoming arcs you post there.~ Uriel
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
I only just watched the episode today.A bit late into the discussion .Well, at least I get to watch another HxH episode tomorrow.
I'll say it an average episode.
The problem with this episode ...and some random observation
-Why did they have to cut out Leorio only shinning moment in this arc?:gwah Why it is both Nippon and Madhouse seem to dislike him so much that they have to make him so weak and lame?
-If I'm not mistaken ,wasn't Neon wearing her pj in the manga?
-The filler scene didn't really make much sense to me.I would have definitely prefer if they have leave the scene unchanged.
-Inner monologue and dialogue got cut out which disrupt the flow of the episode.
-Linsen still doesn't talk.I guess it's hard to hire an voice actor for him.
-Killua isn't wearing the same outfit in the manga.
-Why are Gon and Killua still brown?
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
You will not have one negative thing to say about this episode. Not even the music.

Chapters covered:
Chapter 81, p.6-11
Chapter 82
Chapter 83, p.2-3, 9-19 (parts of this chapter were covered in an earlier episode)
Chapter 84, p.1-14, 18

Zepile's in the next episode :3
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States

Need a fucking rawwwwww. (Doesn't watch CR's stream.)
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This...is going to be intense.

I wonder if it can surpass 2011 Gon vs Hisoka? :D
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
This...is going to be intense.

I wonder if it can surpass 2011 Gon vs Hisoka? :D
I think it didn't.

I mean, animation wise it is at the same level. But Gon vs Hisoka had something "breathtaking". The begining (episode 35) was easily one of the best anime fights I have seen.

But it doesn't mean this was bad at all.
 
Last edited:

Veradux

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yes... I'm so pumped for this episode!
The art does look fantastic (and the moon is so mesmerizing). Also, Kurapika's earrings have ample screentime :zomg
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I think it didn't.

I mean, animation wise it was at the same level.

But Gon vs Hisoka had something "breathtaking".

This episode was great though, amazing fight.
I personally think it did, if not for Miyuki Sawashiro alone.
Kurapika's condescending voice and arrogance. He was all over the emotional scale, yet she fucking sold every single line. No matter if it was snide, angst, or even just a deadpan threat. She is simply fabulous.

Also, just the content itself. The pure gore and torture that Kurapika deals Uvo. How, immediately after killing Uvogin, he's nonchalantly talking to Melody. It's some dark stuff.

The animation was also pretty spectacular. I don't remember the 99 series fight being so battle-esque. Every shot of Kurapika's eyes, whether showing disguist, rage, or his snideness also just adds to the epicness.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top