I'll follow you into the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

It's still all good :amuse
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Yeah, it's all good.

Everyone makes mistakes, right? :cookiehand
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

No...I don't
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

So you're Mr. Perfect, huh?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

So you're Mr. Perfect, huh?
Perfection is dull...lacks inspiration. Only when there are flaws can true beauty be found~

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

But yeah sure...I'm perfect
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

That's so cute! :wtf

Anyway, I'm about to submit MoP but I'm kinda stumped. Should I write anything in the body of the email like a cover letter? This is what Tor.com stated:

How to submit: Don’t query us, just send your story. Submissions should be emailed to (tordotcomsubs)(at)(gmail.com). Stories should be in something approximating standard manuscript format and be sent as *.doc (not docx), *.rtf, or plain-text attachments. They should not be sent as text in the body of the email. If you get that part right, we don’t care all that much about the particulars of your formatting—just use common sense. We don’t care about the content of your cover letter, either. Putting the string “SUB:” at the start of your subject line will help us know that you’ve read this, which is quite confidence inspiring.
Should I write something down still? It would be weird just to send a blank email with my story attached. :confused

Oh, another quick question: I'm almost down with Ch. 6 but it's quite long. Would you guys mind if I posted half of the chapter up now and post the rest later?
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Heya Riki~

Are you still teacher or is this writing thing I've seen scattered across a few threads taking over? =D

It's been a while.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Hey, Haze! How are you? :hug

Yes, I'm still a teacher though I'm still waiting for my teaching license to be mailed to me. >.> The writing is just for fun. ^^
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

That's so cute! :wtf

Anyway, I'm about to submit MoP but I'm kinda stumped. Should I write anything in the body of the email like a cover letter? This is what Tor.com stated:



Should I write something down still? It would be weird just to send a blank email with my story attached. :confused

Oh, another quick question: I'm almost down with Ch. 6 but it's quite long. Would you guys mind if I posted half of the chapter up now and post the rest later?
I would advise you to write just a few lines....in which you introduce your submission; don't make it too pompous or formal. Be clear and concise---that will be the perfect cover letter for them...

I assume that they're primarily interested in the submission. Besides, I guess they won't waste their time in reading a pretentious cover letter...Time is money, nowadays.....and money make the world go round!
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Yeah, I was just thinking of writing an introduction and an one sentence synopsis. I think that would work.

Thanks Ancy :hug
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

That's so cute! :wtf

Anyway, I'm about to submit MoP but I'm kinda stumped. Should I write anything in the body of the email like a cover letter? This is what Tor.com stated:



Should I write something down still? It would be weird just to send a blank email with my story attached. :confused

Oh, another quick question: I'm almost down with Ch. 6 but it's quite long. Would you guys mind if I posted half of the chapter up now and post the rest later?
I agree with Ancy^^ I think it's important for you to write something in the mail's body, but nothing something long or too fancy. Maybe just a default message communicating them you're sending the story.

And I don't mind if you only post half of the chapter now^^
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Thanks for your advice! :glomp

I sent the email and just wrote a quick introduction and short synopsis of the story. Now is the waiting game. *nervous*

LOL The first part has been already posted so you can enjoy it. :) I have two sections left and I'll probably finish it today or tomorrow.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Cool *-*
Gotta print the third part^^ I'm thinking about printing it all at once, LOL. I saw a consultant that printed 80 pages there D: No one said nothing.

Hope they'll love it! Hope you can get a book *-* ZOMG
Share the news^^
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

LOL Tell me how much pages you print out :XD

Thanks. Hopefully it will be good enough D:
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

So I was walking my dog just now and I just got an inspiration for another short story. ^^

LOL I always get story ideas at nighttime.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

So I was walking my dog just now and I just got an inspiration for another short story. ^^

LOL I always get story ideas at nighttime.
Does it involve picking up poo? :wtf

:XD
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

No :XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: It probably takes rocks and ga-gongs people with them!

Well, I was looking for obvious inspiration there clearly :mono
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top