Results are only viewable after voting.

MonkeyD-Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Participants : August & Irene vs All other Spriggans minus Larcade

Distance : 40m

Conditions : The Spriggans are in a perfect formation with teamwork equal to that of Fairy Tail.Neinhart's power is equal to that of enchanted Neinhart (so that he doesn't die in 2 seconds).
The 9 Spriggans' magic does not effect each other,so they can go all out on August and Irene.

Last edited:

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Might be an unpopular opinion but August and Irene should clean house tbh. They are explicitely stated to be leagues beyond the rest.
Some Spriggan like Ajeel, Invel, Bradman won't even be able to go all out to begin with because they would affect their teammates as well (sheer AoE).
Other Spriggan like DiMaria and Brandish are borderline useless against the mage duo since their main magic won't work and they aren't good confrontational fighters (Brandish could support teammates with healing but thats about it).
I assume Neinhart won't be able to do shit up until some of his comrades die (to revive one or two of them at full power, since he is enchanted).
The only hope that the group of Spriggan have is if they distract and stall for Wahl to charge up and successfully hit Irene and/or August with his etherion gun, but thats probably far easier said then done.

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Might be an unpopular opinion but August and Irene should clean house tbh. They are explicitely stated to be leagues beyond the rest.
Some Spriggan like Ajeel, Invel, Bradman won't even be able to go all out to begin with because they would affect their teammates as well (sheer AoE).
Other Spriggan like DiMaria and Brandish are borderline useless against the mage duo since their main magic won't work and they aren't good confrontational fighters (Brandish could support teammates with healing but thats about it).
I assume Neinhart won't be able to do shit up until some of his comrades die (to revive one or two of them at full power, since he is enchanted).
The only hope that the group of Spriggan have is if they distract and stall for Wahl to charge up and successfully hit Irene and/or August with his etherion gun, but thats probably far easier said then done.
Well,let me edit it then,the spriggans go all out and their magics do not effect each other,so basically they can do combos.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
August and Irene win, dunno the difficulty they will face.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
The Team wins this may be.Only because of sheer number they can pull a victory extreme diff.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Can Neinhart summon a Spriggan Historia? If so it raises the S9's chances considerably. Personally I can see an argument being made for either side, it comes down to whether Irene and August's pure firepower and variety overpower the other Spriggan's hax and power. I myself think that either way it's going to be a high/extreme-diff battle but (for now) I'll side with the S9, with their AoE not affecting their teammates they can unleash absolute carnage (especially with Brandish for support), however it has to be fast as they'll likely be overwhelmed otherwise. A case could also be made about MBP's but I don't want to open that barrel of monkeys...

@MonkeyD-Dragon Could you edit the OP to make it clear which Spriggan is missing? It took me a minute to work out it's Larcade lol. Also, can Neinhart summon a Spriggan Historia? Thanks man, good thread.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
If you take away Serena as well then imo August and Irene may even solo the other 8. But even with the Hybrid theory the two of them still win because they are in a class of their own.

August/Irene compared to a Spriggan is like a Spriggan compared to a demon gate. Brandish was shitting bricks when August and Irene were having that stare-off.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
This would be a fight that I actually want to see... but I will have to say...
  • Spriggan 9 > August and Eileen [High-Extreme Difficulty]
August and Eileen are obviously the superior ones. But they aren't some god-tier characters who are on the level of a person like Zeref. Sure, they are hyped a lot but as we all know, Spriggan hype is inconsistent. Personally, I don't believe they can take out all 9 Spriggans mainly due to the numbers.

To start off, we've seen that August isn't some invincible mage, especially when he got pierced by Brandish's knife. I can honestly see Brandish and Dimaria working together to perform the same feat. Except she'll be increasing the size of a sword instead of a knife... Before anybody tells me that August didn't expect that attack (which I fully agree with), let me counter by saying that August will not be free and instead have his hands busy in fighting the other Spriggans. For example, Invel can help out by casting Ice Lock on August + Eileen while Bloodman pre-occupies them with his attacks. Add in the firepower from Wahl and God Serena... This fight is pretty much settled.

I will exclude Enchanted Neinhart because he can get one-shotted by the likes of August. As for Jacob, he should be defeated relatively easy within the first few minutes.

Using Feats + Portrayal: High Difficulty
Adding in Hype: Extreme Difficulty

That is why I think this would be a High-Extreme Difficulty fight.

Last edited:

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah way too much firepower for the 10 to lose against Irene/August. Wall, God Serena, Invel can all hang in the back for long range attacks. DiMaria, Ajeel, Bloodman can be close combat while Brandish, Neinhart can be in a supporting role.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think August and Irene can win this one, probably on the higher end of high difficulty. They've certainly got the hype to say that they could do it as well as August having the magical knowledge and Irene even impressing Acnologia with her enchantment, so I think they can indeed do it.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
this is like saying that Eileen and August has enough firepower to solo Ishgar and all the mages in there ???? LoL..... Spriggans 9 wins Low-difficulty...

Plutogrim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
God Serena, Azir, Dimaria, Jacob, and Neinhart > August
Brandish, Invel, Bradman, and Wahl > Irene

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
this is like saying that Eileen and August has enough firepower to solo Ishgar and all the mages in there ???? LoL..... Spriggans 9 wins Low-difficulty...
Huh?

Natsu, Gray, Gildarts, Laxus and Jellal are all at the higher end of the Spriggan spectrum when it comes to power and can take on two weak-average Spriggan each. Thats not even talking about other notable characters like GoI, OS, Erza, Gajeel, Sabertooth, Mirajane, Kagura, Makarov etc......Its most definitely not the same thing.

Low-Diff would be implying that August and Irene are no stronger then 2 Spriggan each (if that), which is just silly.

God Serena, Azir, Dimaria, Jacob, and Neinhart > August
Brandish, Invel, Bradman, and Wahl > Irene
But when you think about it, thats not really the case since August can destroy every single one of those spriggan individually, adding them up wouldn't really change a lot.

I think people are overestimating numbers. I doubt adding a couple extra Serenas would have changed the outcome of Acnologia Vs Serena significantly, its the same concept here. It helps that August and Irene can passively negate the most threatening/hax abilities with sheer MP. August being August he probably knows and has a perfect counter to every single one of their magic (except Serena and Wahl, since you can't really counter theirs).

Brandish μ

A spirit wasting away
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
When August was first hyped, I though he'd be equal to 2 or 3 regular spriggans. But now I feel like the gap is bigger.

With a spell like Melt, that could oneshot people like Neinhart, Invel, Brandish, DiMaria, Jacob... Add in Irene for support, she could just stand back and spam enchantments.

I vote for the duo, just got to wait and see how they perform in a straight up fight before committing to a difficulty.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
When August was first hyped, I though he'd be equal to 2 or 3 regular spriggans. But now I feel like the gap is bigger.

With a spell like Melt, that could oneshot people like Neinhart, Invel, Brandish, DiMaria, Jacob... Add in Irene for support, she could just stand back and spam enchantments.

I vote for the duo, just got to wait and see how they perform in a straight up fight before committing to a difficulty.
both Invel and Dimaria is High-tier mages and both is stronger than (God Serena) and Spriggans Powerlevel was compared to Serena who is weaker than (Dimaria and Invel) so this basically mean that August can one-shot all Spriggans expect Larcade and Irene.....:oooh:oooh:oooh

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Let's not forget August also one-shotted Brandish with a sleep spell in the beginning of the chapter of Universe One.

Brandish μ

A spirit wasting away
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
both Invel and Dimaria is High-tier mages and both is stronger than (God Serena) and Spriggans Powerlevel was compared to Serena who is weaker than (Dimaria and Invel) so this basically mean that August can one-shot all Spriggans expect Larcade and Irene.....:oooh:oooh:oooh
Invel might have good power, but he isn't highly durable. DiMaria needs to be in Chronos to register anything impressive.

I view Serena above Invel for sure, and even with DiMaria with Age Seal (I'd give Mari the win though).

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Clearly August and Irene. They're individually hyped as extremely dangerous, so together clearly they're beyond a group's power... maybe only Zeref and Acnologia stand a chance.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmmm, I don't know... This is a hard matchup. I'll have to give it to Irene and August though. Irene is a dragon which is op in itself, and August has a very hax ability - he could just copy everyone's magic. The only one he most likely can't copy is Bradman, because of Curses, but Bradman isn't strong enough to even be a challenge against these 2. So I vote Irene and August