Shounen Kagamigami by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Pretty good chapter again, looks like it, but I am somewhat worried about the smirk at the end. I am seeing things?
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I think it's more of a "time to kick some ass" kinda smile. What I'm curious about are the last 3 pages, I'd like to know what is Kyouske crying about.
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
New chapter is out!

Raw Chapter 12

So people are being turned into creatures or was that a parasite that used the guy as a host? Who is the spider lady? so confused. Really wish this was being scanlated :twitch

edit:
Dammit, Iwashiro really needs give that agent another hair style. I had mistaken him for kyousuke's childhood friend again.

After a second look, I realized the agent from chapter 3 is engaged in a battle against the same type creature kyousuke just took down, and he uses a Jorogumo type familiar in battle. :zomg

Are those lights in the penultimate panel on the last page or explosions indicating multiple battles are taking places all around the area?
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
A theory which I can't quite know if possible until I read sume translations to the current chapter is that the monsters are like a next phase of the artificial shikigami users, the ones that got their power and as their level of mastery rises they become a deadlier monster or a more inteligent one. In the beginning the corpse reminded me a bit the guy at chapter 9 that got his shikigami burned to a crisp but their clothes were very different.
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
[RAW] Chapter 13

So the teddy bear was behind the parasites. But it's not a teddy bear but some guy in a costume, and he has an accomplice.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
You beat me to posting the chapter,
I thought the bear was Hollow bunny with a different suit, they both had that pointing with 2 fingers towards someone, like this :

http://www.mangahead.com/index.php/...g?action=big&size=original&fromthumbnail=true. You might say one of them has a screw loose :P .
A thing that I like is that not only Haku can speak, it gives a sense that shikigami are more than just tools for doing battle
 
Last edited:

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
You beat me to posting the chapter,
I thought the bear was Hollow bunny with a different suit, they both had that pointing with 2 fingers towards someone, like this :

http://www.mangahead.com/index.php/...g?action=big&size=original&fromthumbnail=true.
A thing that I like is that not only Haku can speak, it gives a sense that shikigami are more than just tools for doing battle
Great observation, susanoo.

But if he's the rabbit and their was no human body when it disintegrated like the fake shikigami user, does this mean it was a projection? Is the segment with the bear and camera crew in the parking lot happening live? Next scene cuts to the guy in the suit watching something (himself on tv), while overlooking the city? At first, I thought those stuff animals in the van were like haku and rashomaru--when awakened they become life-sized sentient beings--but now I think they become suits and the user or atleast the antagonist can create a projection of himself.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Difficult to discuss when there are no scans at all, but couldn't it be impossible that one of the villains is able to insert some fragments of his/her soul into those puppets, bears, etc...? Of course, (s)he use a parasite for that.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
What I head in my mind for it was somewhat a a Naraku from Inuyasha parralel, where all the animals at chapter 6 are like dolls in which can be remote controlld by the operator's will, I can't yet theorize if the screw guy or the girl are really part of a group and this is just the uniform or are those the main villains?
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Damn I really like this manga so far.. I think Toshiaki's drawing skill is also improved as well. Time to catch up with the RAWs now.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Damn the last page on chapter 14 makes me excited!!! especially the last panel.
Since Mako touched the magatsuhi egg's water, do you think that Mako is going to turn into a monster and Kyouske will need to find out how to make her human again without killing her?

Now all I want to see isa better ranking for this chapter and the 2 following ones.
 
Last edited:

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
No. It looks her power is responding to the fake shikigami fragment. Remember, Mako has the power to find anything by touching an object linked to it. I think Mako will assist in tracking down the bear and screw guy.

I'm also excited to see the three new shikigami user.

---------- Post added May 24, 2015 at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was May 20, 2015 at 04:29 PM ----------

[RAW] Chapter 15


So it was Mako's power reacting to the fragment. It looks like she wants to track down the source of the Magatsuhi eggs but kyosuke stands in her way. I wonder how or if Iwashiro will expand Mako's power.

Keiichi joins the battle at the end of the chapter, and I noticed he's carrying two combs. Hope the other comb has a different design from the one we've already seen.

Also noticed Keiichi is wearing new digs. I haven't read Psyren in a while but does anyone remember how often Iwashiro changed character clothes? I think Ageha had atleast two outfits. I'm wondering how often characters' clothes will change especially since Iwashiro will be introducing more shikigami association members soon. If they're to have a large presence (panel time) going forward, I'd hate for this to end up like the gotei 13: everyone wearing the same thing but different trimmings. Btw, why is it that Keiichi doesn't wear a suit?
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
In psyren one of the negative critisism Iwashiro recieved from readers was about character design and clothing, especially about Ageha which was said to have jackets worn in the 80's-90's so kids couldn't relate to his design. He had about 5 different sets of clothes I remember, it seems he's better with it and I like it that Shido is back in business. It seems like next 2 chapters we will be hitting the hight of the arc and I'm also curious about the development of Mako's power.

Hope another scanned chapter or 2 will be out soon so I could read past chapter 3.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Love the shikigami designs or the new members, but the villian's shikigami sure takes the prize, I woudn't want to run into him at night. DAMN I hope we get a good ranking next week so this series won't end super prematurely.

---------- Post added June 05, 2015 at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was May 31, 2015 at 12:10 PM ----------

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/439002
Kagamigami chapter 17 indonesian Edited Manga. I hope someone can clarify the dialogue. Iwashiro improved in drawing battle scenes and he was good to begin with.
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
[Substitute Scans] Chapter 3


Chapter 18 Spoilers:




This comment was attached to the source of the spoiler pics. Can someone translate?

嘉神18话:守りたい仲間!!这么好看、斩了真的可惜 填了,恭介对开斗那句“因为有你在,我才可以变强的坑!”
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
There is no announcement for how many newer series will be published, there still could be a slim chance that the series is not cancelled yet and it could pull a Sket dance or a WT and rise from the ashes due to newer series doing worse than it. I also worry about the series ending in 2-3 chapters and there would be 3 volumes with the oneshot in the ending yet I can still see an upset with this color page and the ranking in 2 weeks.
 
Top