Shounen - Kagamigami by Iwashiro Toshiaki | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kagamigami by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I'm surprised it seems to be ending soon or rather falling through the rankings as badly as it is... It is certainly NOT THAT much of an odd duck out I think from the fare, while still maintaining a fairly good quality. It has cute mascots D: The voting pattern just eludes me, it is almost spiteful at this instance since I'm not seeing any significant enough flaws to deter people so badly.

PaperMasterYoshi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
[RAW] Chapter 19
I have no idea what happen at the end of the chapter but I think Mako is now a member of the shikigami association?
---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Last edited:

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I guess Kyosuke got accepted to the Shikigami assosiation and the great designed leader and his secretary got introduced. We could find out what does the assosiation do, and on the bright note, if Kyosuke didn't give the final blow although he got a powerup, I can't see the series ending in this cancellation round

PaperMasterYoshi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kyosuke is definitely an official member of the Shikigami Association;he is wearing the standard uniform. I'm not sure about Mako affiliation with the Shikigami Association. I really wish someone would translate what Mako says/thinks in the last panel. But the shocking new development that was teased with the color page announcement just has to do with Mako. If it was Kyousuke becoming a member of the Shikigami Association I think the last panel would've focused on Kyosuke. The layout of the second half of the chapter list off members of the Shikigami Association with Kyosuke being listed last but the chapter doesn't end there. Instead, pans out and reveals Mako standing next to him with the following and final panel focused on her.

While the Magatsuhi egg arc has wrapped up, Hollow Bunny is still on the loose.

Lehran

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I wonder whether Mako probably getting a more prominent role from now on means that Iwashiro thinks the fall in popularity rankings could be related to her absence in previous chapters. Someone mentioned in the ToC thread that the series' positions have been decreasing since the chapters in which she didn't appear very much started being ranked (according to that good old -8 weeks rule). And we know that a fan-favorite character could be the key to a series' survival in WSJ, just look at World Trigger's rise after Jin was introduced.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Assuming this is correct, it means in 2 weeks we would see a big jump in the popularity. I wonder what kind of reception will the new agents get,in the meantime one of the shikigami reminds me of Spirit of fire from Shaman king and I find all the members cool, I hope we will get a double pair mission of Mako and Kyosuke and the red haired guy withblue haired girl, and I'm also curious about the character of eyepatch dude and crazy tie.

PaperMasterYoshi

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Hollow Bear may be a woman.

---------- Post added June 26, 2015 at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was June 25, 2015 at 04:13 PM ----------

[RAW] Chapter 20

looks like we've got tension between kyousuke and shikigami users from other clans. New villains foreshadowed. I wonder if they work under Hollow Bear.

edit: Even though I cannot read the chapter I really enjoyed interaction between kyousuke and the other shikigami users. I wish Keiichi was there. I'm sure he would've had Kyo's back. And screw eye-patch guy and crazy-tie guy. both seem like dicks.

Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Looks like the series isn't ending anytime soon (considering recent chapters), I wonder if it'll be moved to Jump+.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
It could do better than the 3 new series and it also depends how many will start at the next round. I do really wih for it to pull a WT/Sket dance and start climbing towards the middle and increase sales, it certainly has the potential to do so.

Not surprised about the character of Crazy tie since he looked like a prick to begin with yet Gantai-kun, I expected him to be more suppressed. It will be cool to see a mission with one of them and Kagami. Another thing I noticed is that Fire dude(forgot his name, Isshiki IIRC)is a group leader or something and the 3 members we saw were his underlings, this opens up new possibilities for combination missions.

PaperMasterYoshi

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't notice this before but the text bubbles in the panel where Hollow Bear is sitting down opposite the bear head indicates she is communicating with someone remotely. I thought she was main antagonist but it looks like someone else may be pulling the strings.

Looks like the series isn't ending anytime soon (considering recent chapters), I wonder if it'll be moved to Jump+.
Do you know what was the shocking revelation teased with the announcement of the color pages?

It could do better than the 3 new series and it also depends how many will start at the next round. I do really wih for it to pull a WT/Sket dance and start climbing towards the middle and increase sales, it certainly has the potential to do so.

Not surprised about the character of Crazy tie since he looked like a prick to begin with yet Gantai-kun, I expected him to be more suppressed. It will be cool to see a mission with one of them and Kagami. Another thing I noticed is that Fire dude(forgot his name, Isshiki IIRC)is a group leader or something and the 3 members we saw were his underlings, this opens up new possibilities for combination missions.
I suppose being a part of an isolated and secretive clan feared by many draws a lot of envy and ire from others. Poor Kyousuke. Since his childhood friend is already paired up with that trio, if he's put in a team I wonder if he'll be paired with crazy tie and eye-patch. Guess it'll be setup where he does something that earns their respect.

Last edited:

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
The revelation might have been Psyren being gradually added to Jump+ although I hope for something more exciting like a vomic.

Edit : In the TOC thread it was stated that the color page is for a beginning of a new arc and that could gurantee it's survival for at least this and maybe the next cancellation round.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Going by the raws, I must say that later chapters are better than the middle ones. It's also good that new characters are introduced because you can not wait with that too long.

The CP and the new arc is indeed strange for a series that's in the bottom. So, I think that new series aren't as good and maybe, recent chapters are likened more

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Assuming there would be a vomic after 10 more chapters, who would you like to see playing the characters?

For me when I read Kagamigami I picture it like this :

Kagami : Fukujun
Mako : Aya Hirano
Hollow rabbit : Nakao Ryuusei
Karasuma : Takahiro Sakurai
Himetsuri : sakaguchi daisuke
Keiichi Shido : Canna Nabutoshi(Lancer, Nnoitora)
Kaito Sumeragi : Suzumura Kenichi

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I gotta love the Shikigami's Association Chief, loved how he told Mako: "Your power is awesome... // your boobs // too. "
Looks like he asked Mako to help them in the search for Hollow Rabbit. To be honest, with the number of characters introduced in the last 2 chapters, there is no way Kagamigami can end in 1-2 weeks, the author wouldn't have started a new arc otherwise. It's also been said that a lot more people are involved with the bad guys and if the series was ending, the author wouldn't have bothered introducing that. Worst case scenario: the series gets a last chapter in 1-2 weeks in WSJ before moving to Jump+; better case scenario: the editor gives the author a chance like the one for Illegal Rare got and see how the series does on 30-35 chapters before deciding whether they want to cancel it after 40-45 chapters.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
By what you've gathered, next chapter we will begin a tracking mission with the members on the last page?

---------- Post added July 03, 2015 at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was June 30, 2015 at 11:45 AM ----------

Kagamigami chapter 21 Korean scan - http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/459189

I can't figure out the flow of the chapter yet it has insight about how the association works and I like how it plays. It seems like there are gonna be either training in pairs or something a la WT style with inside tounarnent. Time for RESPECT for Kagami as he will curbstomp Crazy tie and rip his tie apart although I love his arrogance.

Last edited:

PaperMasterYoshi

Reaction score
Country
United States

[RAW] Chapter 22

So there are three stages to this exercise, and the first is a battle royal. I'm glad this didn't turn out to be a tournament arc. But I still don't get what is the purpose of this arc.

Last edited:

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Fighting eyepatch right off the bat was a surprise, and his powers of gravity are never used on weak characters. If this is only the first in 3 stages I don't think this is the right time for Kagami to shine that much by kicking his ass, he should stay out of reach until the finals of this exam while we could see several teamups on the 2nd part of this exam and a more complex setting.

I just noticed it...The globes sure does look like the Minions

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Niceeeeeeuuuuhhhh, this looks like a pretty cool arc. It's some sort of tournament and I kind of like it by the pictures.

And yes, I can understand the minions' comparison :-)