Shounen Kagamigami by Iwashiro Toshiaki

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
So there wasn't a clear winner between Kagami and Eyepatch which is good for now, at least it didn't seem like something one-sided. What did surprise me was Kaito being at first place and Karasuma being above Shiido. Im also curious about what Redhead is saying and what would be part 2 of the training
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
[RAW] Chapter 24

The second phase begins and we're now getting the standard shonen tournament arc. It's a sixteen man bracket but we only know 11 of the participants, so I expect 5 more characters to be introduced soon or it could those five guys shown in the panels near eye-patch and crazy tie.
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Yet since there are 3 phases to the exam and usually a tournament is the last phase(See HxH for something somewhat similar and Naruto), the 3rd phase intrigues me, where could the exam develop to?

We know 12, the red haired wasn't ranked and is going against Kaito. I also have a prediction which seems quite obvious about how will the tournament will happen yet I hope to be proven wrong :

1)Kaito vs Spirit of fire dude (I'll call him SoF for now) - Kaito wins
2)Crazy tie vs no.11 - Crazy tie wins
3)Kyosuke vs Karasuma - Kyosuke wins
4)Himetsuri vs no. 12 - no.12 wins
5)Eyepatch vs no.15 - Eyepatch wins
6)Pumpkin vs 10th - Pumpkin wins
7)Shiido vs no. 13 - Shiido wins
8)Ice queen vs 9th - Ice queen wins
_________________________________________________

9)Kaito beats Crazy tie
10)Kyosuke beats 12th(Black dude)
11)Eyepatch beats Pumpkin
12)Shiido beats Ice queen
______________________________
13)Kyosuke beats Kaito
14)Eyepatch beats Shiido
_______________________________
15)Eyepatch beats Kyosuke yet gains respect for him
 
Last edited:

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I wonder if we'll see all the fights? Curious how long this arc will be arc. The way the first phase was constructed had me thinking this was a little filler arc that would wrap in five or six chapters but now I don't know. The length of kyousuke's fight should give us idea how long other matches between main character could be but I expect the main characters vs no-names to be shorter and just a display of their power.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I could do without someo of them as well yet I wish to see at least 2 pages from those, such as fights no. 2,5 and maybe 6. A pace of 1-1.5 until the semi, 1.5-2.5 for semi and 3 chapters for the final seems right assuming we do get to see everything.

I just re-read BnHA chapters and a tournament there definitely left me satsfied even though not all of the fights were shown. 2 volumes of chapters should be enough for this arc to finish.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Some fights will take longer, some won't. It'll al depend on whom the fighter is. Anyway, this tournament is clearly meant to elaborate some characters and their skills.

Well done, Iwashiro Toshiaki
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/480280 - Chapter 25 korean scan

What??? Kagami lost this easily in the first round or am I misunderstanding something? Got to have a translation of the last 2 pages to know WTF is going on
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Given karasuma's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if he faked his defeated or forfeited. We're likely not got an answer until next chapter.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
After thinking about it...I'm not so sure I'm against this outcome as long as we get some of the other fights as well. h coud establish the powers in this universe and underline the difference between experienced and novice shikigami users and Kagami's success as it happens. I have been making comparisons in my mind to similar situations from either Naruto, HxH, and WT although the basis is loose with those mangas. I want to have an innovative manga which won't answer my epectations and I got exactly that so I'm curious to the direction it takes next.
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Last we saw Rashomaru he was nowhere near kyo but next we see him in his inanimate form next to kyo when he awakes. I wonder if he took out karasuma?

Regardless of the outcome of the fight, it was good fight. I thought Karasuma power was cool. I honestly did not care if karasuma took part in hollow bear arc but I really wanna see what else he do.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------



The image above was posted on a blog that post kagamigami spoiler images. The person wrote:

嘉神的式神、25话这算是神展开!?男主首场不敌乌丸、“惨败”!?岩代老师这是真想腰斩么!?乌丸和嘉神简直就是相反性格的两个人!
which google translates as:

Kerry God type of God , if this be the unfolding of God's 25 ! ? The male KARASUMA first defeat , " fiasco " ! ? Iwashiro teacher that really want to cut it ! ? KARASUMA and Ka God is simply the opposite character of two people !

---------- Post added August 07, 2015 at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was July 31, 2015 at 09:28 PM ----------

[RAW] Kagamigami Chapter 26

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Its a double issue this week, so no chapter next week. I think when there is double issue the next issue comes out super early. Either way we're getting a break. :pout This week's chapter blew through 3 fights, and I expect the other fights with minor characters to be just as quick. I think the first round of fights should wrap up in one to two chapters. It looks like Kyousuke got a little training from Karasuma. Didn't expect that.
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
So Kagami has a conversation with Karasuma about something and if I understand correctly, he's oblivious to what whappens once he transforms? I think it was mentioned in the first chapter that the character of Haku and himself gets combined yet nothing of this sort.

next chapter I hope we can get a glimpse at Crazy tie's power and see why he's so arrogant before Kaito will take him down a notch or 2
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
[RAW] Kagamigami Chapter 27


Round 1 is over. we didn't get to see crazy, gun girl or pumpkin fight, but we got an idea of what's crazy tie ability. I definitely think he got the mark on his forehead from someone in his clan. round 2 begins and Himetsuri vs kyousuke is up next. Curious to see how Kyousuke has improved after training with Karasuma.
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
At least now we will get to see all 4 fights and we know Chihaya(Pumpkin) and Saisato(Gun girl) won their rounds. I wanted to see the black dude fight a bit so I'm a bit dissappointed yet Crazy tie's power makes up for that, also another question that came to my mind is wether there are clans which have smaller clans serving them since I think that's the relationship between Crazy tie and Eyepatch

---------- Post added August 28, 2015 at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was August 22, 2015 at 04:20 PM ----------

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/503542 - Kagamigami Chapter 28

I'm glad to see Kagami being able to access his 2nd transformation at will yet ending his fight in just 1 chapter with Himetsuri left me unsatisfied, like we could have gotten to know Himetsuri more and it was missed. Seeing Mako again is always welcome and on to the fight with Crazy tie which I hope will be longer even though it's just a quarter final
 
Last edited:

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
susanoo13 said:
I'm glad to see Kagami being able to access his 2nd transformation at will yet ending his fight in just 1 chapter with Himetsuri left me unsatisfied, like we could have gotten to know Himetsuri more and it was missed. Seeing Mako again is always welcome and on to the fight with Crazy tie which I hope will be longer even though it's just a quarter final
Yeah, it would've been nice to see what himetsuri could do, but it seems the chapter was about showing the results of Karasuma training Kagami. While I would've liked it to be two chapters, I don't want iwashiro spending so much time on a tournament arc. I think next chapter will focus on mako's findings and the next match.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Just remember that this arc contains a 3rd trial after the tournament as well, I would like the whole arc including the 3rd plot to be resolved by the end of Vol. 5 if possible and If Mako's power will lead her to an interesting finding, this arc could have ways to go.
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I completely forgot about there being a third trial. I think it would be cool if the arc splinters between the trials and mako investigating artificial shikigami. And when I say investigate, I mean investigating not just touching something and following a beam of light.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
You know what? up until you mentioned it I didn't feel the absence of Mako's potential and now I got a new prespective about how much better the series could have been by now. Using her brain earlier on in the story could have produced much better rankings and we wouldn't need to worry about cancellation issues every third week. I really wish Iwashiro's success will finally catch up to his peers.
 
Last edited:

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
[RAW] Chapter 29

---------- Post added September 05, 2015 at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was September 04, 2015 at 02:20 PM ----------

So eyepatch lost his eye when summoning the shikigami. I think his father pressured him into summoning a creature he wasn't capable of controlling. Both kaito and eyepatch have shitty fathers.

Didn't really like crazy tie's shikigami design, but eyepatch's shikigami looks badass. The fight was meh, but this chapter was more about eyepatch and crazy tie's past, more so eyepatch.

susanoo13 said:
You know what? up until you mentioned it I didn't feel the absence of Mako's potential and now I got a new prespective about how much better the series could have been by now. Using her brain earlier on in the story could have produced much better rankings and we wouldn't need to worry about cancellation issues every third week. I really wish Iwashiro's success will finally catch up to his peers.

That and her not being able to fight shikigami really limits her. School arc could have easily been kagami as a student and mako acting as a substitute teacher investigating a school poltergeists.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
[RAW] Chapter 29

---------- Post added September 05, 2015 at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was September 04, 2015 at 02:20 PM ----------

So eyepatch lost his eye when summoning the shikigami. I think his father pressured him into summoning a creature he wasn't capable of controlling. Both kaito and eyepatch have shitty fathers.

Didn't really like crazy tie's shikigami design, but eyepatch's shikigami looks badass. The fight was meh, but this chapter was more about eyepatch and crazy tie's past, more so eyepatch.

As much as I also love Eyepatch's shikigami design I think the chapter is out of place, I don't see a reason to fodderizr Crazy tie like that and give the fight 4 pages which shows almost nothing. A full chapter for the fight so we could get to know something about him other than being a lackey of Eyepatch would have been much better and maybe a few pages about Mako.

The flashback could have been done after the fight in a small converation between Kaito and Eyepatch with Kagami going to speak with Kaito about their fight in the next round


That and her not being able to fight shikigami really limits her. School arc could have easily been kagami as a student and mako acting as a substitute teacher investigating a school poltergeists.
I thought about another crime case without a murder, such as mass theft with Skull Shikigami's barrier move where the Shikigami is loyal and the user is abusive of it and Kagami which sees the pride of the Shikigami as one wants to show him the better sides of a user. Mako actually making front page newspaper with Kagami in the background and Kaito reading it leading to his introduction in the following chapter.
 

PaperMasterYoshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
21
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States

#嘉神的式神#还有10话腰斩节奏,官方给出KODAMA的汉子写法为“虚灵”!这一话起将会把蚕灵的译法更正为虚灵!


Looks like we're switching back to Mako. Curious if the chapter will focus primarily on her discovery or cover the next match.
 
Top