Discussion - Larcade Dragneel Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Larcade's relation ship to the Dragneel brother?

• Larcade is there father

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Larcade is there brother

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Larcade is Zeref's son

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Larcade is Natsu's son

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Larcade is a demon

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Larcade is a clan member?

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 19 25.3%

• Total voters

DarkSoulz

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So in this thread you can discuss anything related to Larcade (Rahkeid?) Dragneel. So first of the 2 obvious points the first is his relation to the Dragneel brothers, the 2nd is his power. So lets get started:

1) I personally don't think he related to the Dragneel brother by blood like Brother's, either Zeref or Natsu's Son or Father. There is a possibility that it can be Son as the Dragneel brothers are over 400 years old but I don't think Mashima will add a random son into the story in a middle of a war. I think Larcade can be a demon created by Zeref or maybe some kind of clan member if the Dragneel's were a clan? Maybe they were a clan of dragons slayers or something thats why they have the the name DRAGneel, I personally think this is much more likely

2) His power, look at this picture
Don't you guys think he look like a holy man a saint of some sorts like jesus or something, he also has a cross on his forehead and it looks like hes praying or something? Maybe he is a healer. someone that can heal any wounds. As of now the other Sprigaan's are over-powered so why not add someone that can heal them when they are in danger, it would be better than a 12th over-powered Sprigaan. Also August summoned the Sprigaan 12 to be by Zeref's side, but he obviously knows some are dead like God Serena so how can he summon the 12? Also when he was previously asked where God Serena is previously he replied "he's with me" what could this possibly mean when we saw him die a chapter earlier? All this makes sense if Larcade can heal then somehow, just before there last breath. In the end Zeref gets Fairy Heart without any casualties (In the sense all sprigaans are alive) and this is what he probablt meant when he said he will show Natsu despair.

So how do you think Larcade is related to the Dragneel brothers and what power do you think he has?

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Great thread @DarkSoulz! :super

About Larcade's magic, I think he's a Light Devil Slayer, mainly due to the tattoo on his arm and the emphasis on opposites for Team North (Bradman sends them to the Underworld, Larcade sends them to Heaven and Irene keeps changing the land from snowy to sunny to snowy), the opposite this time being that Bradman's a Demon while Larcade is a Devil Slayer. I think it fits with his exorcist theme too given that Silver was described as an exorcist mage.

As for who and what Larcade is, I think he's a regular human who was raised by Zeref, it would make sense that if Zeref wants the annihilation of mankind he'd want to stop E.N.D from interrupting, who better to do that than a Devil Slayer?

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay first @DarkSoulz
You beat me to making this thread.

But I have a lot of theories surrounding the White Dragneel.

First him and Ankhersam.
Ankhersam is the god of Life and Death. So what if Zeref figured out a way to take the life part of Ankhersam out of himself and that created Larcade. Now with Larcade also having the Curse of Ankhersam he can love death and bring people back from the dead.

Second him and E.N.D
Larcade could be a failed version of E.N.D or a version of E.N.D that uses Light. This could lead to something more exciting. Like what if Zeref made a version of E.N.D that uses every element(Ice, Lighting, Earth, Iron, etc) if that is true we could see a E.N.D battle royals or FT versus the E.N.D's.

Their him and the Dragneel Brothers
He could be their father. He could be another brother. Maybe Zeref demonized his whole family. Then maybe we could get a Dragneel E.N.D arc.

Fourth him and Edolas
I theorized that he could be Zeref from Edolas. And he came to Earthland before Mystogan.

Fifth him and his rank in the Spriggan 12.
Maybe how Makarov saw August, he could be somebody capable of destroying Zeref. Just like Irene.

Sixth his magic.
Some thing Light or Holy based.
But most likely a Slayer.

Thank you for reading
I'll await response's
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

About Larcade's magic, I think he's a Light Devil Slayer, mainly due to the tattoo on his arm and the emphasis on opposites for Team North (Bradman sends them to the Underworld, Larcade sends them to Heaven and Irene keeps changing the land from snowy to sunny to snowy), the opposite this time being that Bradman's a Demon while Larcade is a Devil Slayer. I think it fits with his exorcist theme too given that Silver was described as an exorcist mage.

As for who and what Larcade is, I think he's a regular human who was raised by Zeref, it would make sense that if Zeref wants the annihilation of mankind he'd want to stop E.N.D from interrupting, who better to do that than a Devil Slayer?
Good thread but I hope he isn't. Because that indicates a Gray vs Larcade fight. The only way I'll except that if Invel's magic makes him a logia. Then he fights Juvia

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Great thread :super.I feel Larcade is either a sibling i.e. a cousin of Zeref,or a clone of Zeref.I don't think he is a Demon as he is a complete opposite to a Demon.He may belong to Dragneel Clan.He has a marking similar to Acnologia though in his case black while Acnologia's white.They use this to manipulate souls.And i think Larcade has more magic that soul manipulation.And Larcade loves Dimaria.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm not going to comment on the Dragneel heritage. I'm interested in what his story is don't get me wrong, but I think it's got good and bad potential. Oh I will say that he's probably powerful, being a Dragneel (being a Spriggan makes this obvious too haha).

Other comments...
  • His design is pretty cool
  • His magic was hilarious. I don't think I've seen a funnier oneshot, ever.
  • Possible interaction/ship with DiMaria, hoping there's something there.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't have much to add on him now but a few thoughts:
  • Dope ass design, deadass might be favorite design that's up there with Irene, Bradman, God Serena. Randi/Mari to an extent
  • Seriously doubt he's any type of blood-related to Natsu and Zeref. That would be lame and bad writing to me lowkey, with Irene-Erza at least Erza's family was never mentioned so Hiro can do it on the way, Zeref said he had a younger brother, like just one. Father, brother, cousin, uncle... stop it. Looks like a young dude, age wise around Brandish who's anywhere from 24-26 based off of what we know from Layla
  • Think he's either the light reincarnate of Zeref which I don't know that'll work or a failed experiment from when he was making Natsu into END in chapter 436, one of the hatchings from the cocoons
  • His magic will be a light/holy/sacred theme, obviously we saw him steal the souls out of the Lamia mages body so I'm interested.
  • I was joking on this at first but Larcade x DiMaria would be a good look after seeing all these tumblr posts lol. A god and an angel. Sounds cool. Looking forward to their interaction (all Dragneels love them blondies)

Last edited:

GodOfDestruction

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great thread :super.I feel Larcade is either a sibling i.e. a cousin of Zeref,or a clone of Zeref.I don't think he is a Demon as he is a complete opposite to a Demon.He may belong to Dragneel Clan.He has a marking similar to Acnologia though in his case black while Acnologia's white.They use this to manipulate souls.And i think Larcade has more magic that soul manipulation.And Larcade loves Dimaria.
About you saying Larcade can control souls like Acno can do Dragon Souls maybe he can control Demon Souls

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So now we have a new Dragneel in the mix. Some say he's an Angel Slayer created by Zeref in his efforts to create END, others say that's he's Zeref's adopted son. What do you think? Post your thoughts here :)

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm going to pull this idea from Dragon Ball Z just like Kami and Piccolo, I think that Larcade is one half of Zeref himself. Maybe Zeref took apart of himself and used it to make Larcade. This would make Larcade Zeref's secret weapon because it would be something unknown to even his men.

But I believe Lacade would be more then just a Angel Slayer or a Holy Demon Slayer. Zeref was known to be the master of Black magic so it would not be farfetched to believe that White magic would exist.

DarkSoulz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to pull this idea from Dragon Ball Z just like Kami and Piccolo, I think that Larcade is one half of Zeref himself. Maybe Zeref took apart of himself and used it to make Larcade. This would make Larcade Zeref's secret weapon because it would be something unknown to even his men.

But I believe Lacade would be more then just a Angel Slayer or a Holy Demon Slayer. Zeref was known to be the master of Black magic so it would not be farfetched to believe that White magic would exist.
In other words Zeref created Larcade to counter his curse, but since Zeref is still cursed I guess it didn't work but it still created a magic opposite to black magic. Black magic=Death magic opposite to that is Revive and healing magic? This further strengthens my points in the OP about his power being able to heal people.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
He's either the immortal Dragneel ancestor, similar to the Rikudou Sennin, or he's a descendant. The question is... whose and how? Maybe Zeref had another brother... if Larcade isn't the third brother. But it makes no sense we never heard of him, as he'd be affected by Natsu's death just as Zeref was. Maybe that's how he became what he became, though probably not as powerful as Zeref if he's willing to be under him.

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
In other words Zeref created Larcade to counter his curse, but since Zeref is still cursed I guess it didn't work but it still created a magic opposite to black magic. Black magic=Death magic opposite to that is Revive and healing magic? This further strengthens my points in the OP about his power being able to heal people.
Zeref was also said to be the master of both Life and Death magic, but other then making demons he hasn't really used his Life magic much which could increases the chances of Larcade being a creation of Zeref and a expansion of his power.

DarkSoulz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zeref was also said to be the master of both Life and Death magic, but other then making demons he hasn't really used his Life magic much which could increases the chances of Larcade being a creation of Zeref and a expansion of his power.
If Zeref can take life and create life then isn't he basically a god? Anyways I was reading theories about Larcade on other websites when I saw one thread where the OP pointed out that Larcade's character design was based on a character from Mashima's previous series Rave master, just have look at the picture's below they have different hair styles but look identical and have a similar weapon, his name is "Solasido Sharpner".

Also a little fun fact: This character has a younger sister that he is over protective with, not sure if Mashima is trying to hint something here .

http://ravemaster.wikia.com/wiki/Solasido_Sharpner

Last edited:

Natsufan30

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm personally hoping it's blood family related. I don't think he's a brother or adopted son, why does he look like a mix of both Zeref and Natsu than?

I'd LOL So hard if he was Natsu X Lucy's son. Time travel is crazy in this series.

Talenel

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Wow. great theory man.

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
It may be that Zeref created another of his brother after Igneel took END (Natsu) from him. may be he wanted to create another being like END with different magic (may be light).

GodOfDestruction

Reaction score
Country
United States
Think of the TOH.
Maybe Larcade came from there. After Erza synced herself with the tower he was made.
Possibly
Maybe he was the one resurrected at the TOH

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
One thing I've been wondering about Larcade is what's with all the crosses? Could he be a monk for a religion in Alvarez? Also what is the chapter referring to when it says "his Halo of Light shall shake the very foundations of the war!", because by the sounds of it it's a physical object...
Wow. great theory man.
Thanks a lot. :)

DarkSoulz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One thing I've been wondering about Larcade is what's with all the crosses? Could he be a monk for a religion in Alvarez? Also what is the chapter referring to when it says "his Halo of Light shall shake the very foundations of the war!", because by the sounds of it it's a physical object...

Thanks a lot. :)
I think its referring to his magic power not anything physical. Also what colour hair do you guys think he has? I'm guessing blonde but it would be hilarious if he has pink hair.

Natsufan30

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I always thought he'd have white hair due to last weeks chapter's title but it would be pretty funny if it was pink. Or maybe a mix of Natsu's and Zeref's hair color, Pink and black hair?