Games Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,811
Gender
Female
Country
China

I thank you all for playing! It was an entertaining game to spectate. I hope most enjoyed the gameplay as well! Thank you to my fellow co-host @SirSamuel016 (and briefly @Farfalla) for providing the necessary support and inputs during the game! Once again thank you @Valhalla for the avatars! And most of all, congratulations mafia team (as the kids say nowadays) for copping the W! Also shoutouts to @GB for not speaking the truth once this game!

It was a simple but engaging experience. As you can see, the ???? was just another townie. In hindsight perhaps not as impactful but it was very omo seeing you all speculate over the identity of this mystery role. Unfortunately, in this sterile environment, we didn't get to trial the devil properly, as they both passed quickly. I think in special circumstances the potential is there, it is rather powerful in a more role-heavy comp. There are just enough secondaries for the psychiatrist to put IQ into analyzing their result (a difficult role to play in this game). Bomb's dominant strategy I think was somehow getting the mafia to kill them (feigning devil? 😈). Freeman... Died uncovered. And also came out quite early. If they had to die, that was probably the best time. The traitors deployed interesting strategies. Very exotic approach. Mafia overall played pretty decent; the first few nights town mislynched and only towards the mid-to-end did non-towns start perishing.

I am curious what you thought of the game and each other's performances! Was town too lazy? Was ???? too spicy? Did non-town play strong enough? Curious what you guys think of such role- and mechanicless comps ~

Once again, thank you, everyone! It was super spicy 👿 😈 🌶



​
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
But doctor role previously never could decide to "be a det" instead, that's what he means and why you can't compare it to past games. So it's less the use of Doctor that confirms stuff, but the decision to forego stuff that can confirm things in favor of Doctor.
Again, that was never about showcasing how Doctor could give us any intel...
Nevermind really, I don't know what else I could say for you two to go "I see your point, I just think differently". Maybe it's cause you take people assuming they're free to do wtv is a given which ain't what I believe, I rly envision ones that don't commit to your PoV being put under pressure later on.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
So you see Shad, i do remember the really ridiculous and pretty much insane things i've done in these games. How i became a meme etc.

Do appreciate the quick throwback on a Sunday though, i had legit forgotten that i was a Mentor before. :emobirb
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Roger, my bad then I may have confused players, I take back this accusation.

@GrySun the instance I remember is of somebody revealing info only scum would know, you noticed that and we voted him D1, I was sure it was seraph but maybe it was james I do confuse both players sometimes, you should be able to remember it.

But it you can't just forget about it.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Other early accused and lynched players would be Takuan, Demon or Asako. I think i've seen them in my shoes more often than anyone else in these games.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Roger, my bad then I may have confused players, I take back this accusation.

@GrySun the instance I remember is of somebody revealing info only scum would know, you noticed that and we voted him D1, I was sure it was seraph but maybe it was james I do confuse both players sometimes, you should be able to remember it.

But it you can't just forget about it.
Best fit in my memory would be James as Santa in the Santa game, but not sure if you played that one.

Other than that nothing really fits. Maybe the Seraph D1 lynch in the recent-ish Pokemon game, but that was not me playing but Mary with me coaching her, so you should remember the circumstances there better than me.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
People could board the mass det plan and only disclose their findings later on in the game tho, those aren't exclusionary.
Yes but that just gives the Mafia devil(s) time to perfect their story. If they don't reveal day 2, what stops them from claiming they investigated whoever is killed N1or lynched at the end of day 2? Add that to the fact that we don't know what sanities are included then mass anything makes no sense to me. Can't you picture it? "oh no I must be paranoid/naive".

I just think making plans with Mafia equivalents and a ??? in the mix is a set up for chaos. But I'm not close minded. That's why I'm taking my time reading the posts. I want something the opposite of my thoughts to make sense to me.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I'm gonna leave my vote on James for now, maybe I'm hung up on the fact he said mafia has 2 devils.
If this secondary role was treated like I imagine a Sickly would be, then mafia would know something like that. Thinking this could be a slipup is the best I have on someone right now.

Votekill James

It's Sunday and I'll be around for the rest of the day if anything.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Guys can you help me here?

I'm I imagining this or did Seraph reveal info once as TP and was lynched D1 for it?
Here is the game I found: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/mafia-game-87-baccano-end-game.3018086/

@Farfalla @Belserion @GrySun @Lambu You played this game did it happen?
Oh. That game. Only thing I remember is xnut revealing he's gonna suicide when his lover was Lynched. As the Threesome candidate I was triggered the whole game. So if seraph did anything strange I don't recall.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I'm gonna leave my vote on James for now, maybe I'm hung up on the fact he said mafia has 2 devils.
If this secondary role was treated like I imagine a Sickly would be, then mafia would know something like that. Thinking this could be a slipup is the best I have on someone right now.

Votekill James

It's Sunday and I'll be around for the rest of the day if anything.
I also think they are 2 mafia devils, we know there is a boss and 2 mafia remember.
Reminds me of when you hung up on me saying Traitor.

But I don't know who to votes either so why not.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Done with everything today, will be here till the end of the phase!

Some other ppl didn't talk much as well. @shinobi @MarmaladeSky any thoughts on other players?
Kinda collecting my thoughts still, but here are some things that stood out to me/come to mind/etc so far

Kinda don't get the town reads on gnut, don't get me wrong I do not distrust him or think he's mafia so far. But what he did posts was so little I can't really get a read on him at all. Perhaps I don't know him well enough for this.

I'm happy to see Seraph join the MG with such enthusiasm again, it kind of reminds me of early Seraph (when he first started playing MG, with his MC power and so on). That's why I'm kinda leaning green to him so far.

Farfs and Asako feel green to me, Farfs for her engagement, overall way of approaching a vanilla game she says she isn't very good at. And Asako is just a feeling/the way she's been acting so far in game. Feel like my hunches on her have been alright when it comes to her lately. Could be wrong this time though, time will tell.

As for Lambu, while I don't necessarily agree with how he was trying to get people to talk - do appreciate his efforts and I can't say it makes me want to vote for him. Neutral.

Gry is neutral to me, nothing going against him so far but always on my toes.

You too, Pommie seem neutral to me. No overly green feelings, but definitely not scummy ones either. Participative, asking questions and so on. Thought it was interesting how you questioned Shad about his first post regarding wanting to vote Gry (I personally just thought Shad was making a joke - that's why it kind of stood out to me, but can't say that says anything about your allegiance to me).
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Can it be considered weird that farf votes james who's vote is already placed on seraph?

Meaning, there is kill intent since james can't defend himself?
But reason given didn't have any kill intent.

If bad guys, it looks like a save on seraph.
If good guys, she could have just not seen this.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Wait, why can't he defend himself o.o
I'm just talking about vote math.

His vote is already on seraph, and you got it him 2 votes equal with seraph, You moved him from alive to 50% dead.
If his vote was not on seraph then he could easily move it to seraph to make it 3.

I was just wondering if you did that on purpose or not, as your post didn't give me this impression.
Just confirming your thoughts process, not accusing you of something specific.

~
I'm on the road, will be on mobile for 1h.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
I'm happy to see Seraph join the MG with such enthusiasm again, it kind of reminds me of early Seraph (when he first started playing MG, with his MC power and so on). That's why I'm kinda leaning green to him so far.
Shit, i'm gonna cry. :emobirb
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Uh my thought process came with my vote. I'd be more cautious if I thought my D1 vote would highly endanger someone and felt my motive was just too weak, but that ain't the case. He only has 2 votes with it, I feel my reasoning is valid but I never campaigned it's definitive, and it ain't locked.

If for example you feel differently, you can solve that math by saving him yourself?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
If for example you feel differently, you can solve that math by saving him yourself?
No.

Uh my thought process came with my vote. I'd be more cautious if I thought my D1 vote would highly endanger someone and felt my motive was just too weak, but that ain't the case. He only has 2 votes with it, I feel my reasoning is valid but I never campaigned it's definitive, and it ain't locked.
Thanks for the clarification.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This is a great point. Before James has managed to convince all the Devils to commit to his plan half the townies will be under the earth. I remember the Yugioh Game when we were discussing to hatch some plan with the Monster Reborn Card or something, and i'm pretty sure i had to die for this too.

...Ah...good days. :emobirb
This wasn't about you dying this was about selling our roles to get the points to buy the cowboy cards to prove three rather niffy townies and take away extra kills for Mafia. And that what happened. I sold my role, brought the card, got lynched due Asako saying she had the same role as me despite being TP and not a single goddamn townie brought another card while mafia did and got two extra kills.

Anyway, I prefer not to die today, sorry Seraph, so I will reveal that I do have an actual townie role that is not Vanilla.

Do you guys want me to fully reveal on day 1 or is that enough for you two to move your votes @digitaldude and @Farfalla ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top