Games Mafia Game 115 - Inscryption - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
If you stop learning, you can continue learning where you left?

I'm not in a position to accuse, and I may be biased toward Panda.

But I don't buy the learning switching, makes absolutely no sense.

What benefit would you have to stop learning?

Worse case if Kat is mafia (which was very unlikey as she barely didn't blow up on Xad. There is always the chance you are insane apprentice.

PS: Still busy for another 1h, so no rereading yet, but day is long.
The role description says he only has to learn from them two times, not that it needs to be simultaneous without other targets thrown in so I'd think you can.

I do think you latch onto Panda a little quickly, but it is fair to question him given the importance of today.

As for what benefit there is to switch learning targets, if you doubt that someone is town or another role is out in the open you think should be prioritised then I get the switch- won't put words in his mouth though.

If Kat is mafia then it'd be a shock to me, she's seemed very solid town. Insane Apprentice doesn't check out unless Mafia started as 2 because assuming they started with 3 and then lost Xadyu, with the addition of insane apprentice to their ranks they'd have already won as it'd be a 3v3 scenario.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah, it's Conan's catchphrase.
Oh the midget detective, something I'd need to watch down the track

You had a chance to read my thoughts on Marm yet big balls?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
You could have asked her beginning of the day to make sure she doesn't reveal since this one thing could confirm 2 players.

Then in a normal game, claiming det doesn't confirm the apprentice since m.det exists (this game probably doesn't have one, but could have been mechanic.


and didn't want to accidentally die on her without announcing my next target).
I will double check your target claim timings later, but I think I've seen you before use pirate without claimimg target first.

~
How is this a good play to switch target as apprentice?

As you can see D4 the only thing left for you to do is win with this claim as mafia, as town you achieved nothing.

Small game D4 is end game.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,911
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Ah, it's Conan's catchphrase.



Wojak as I said yesterday, for reasons I stated yesterday, as well (I slightly distrusted her after her DD comment and didn't want to accidentally die on her without announcing my next target).

Marms you were one of the people to whom it was apparently obvious that Kat was det, yet 1. you didn't pick up on my statements earlier, 2. you didn't quote my claim earlier (even tho you watch Conan so you should recognise it) and 3. you've generally been quite giddy about me claiming sth. Surprised almost~



- Yes
- No, because I didn't target her consecutively. You can check my posts, I mentioned before that I targeted Wojak over her because I distrusted her 'uh oh DD' comment. When I backread I saw that day she had sth else going on and forgot because of that. Besides, the following day I announced her, so I felt comfortable going for her then
- Well she didn't already reveal, at least I didn't see her say "I'm det". At the very least, it was not obvious to me, so to me it was worth the wait
- I asked so I could call it to confirm her and myself
I just didn’t make the connection😭 Had a blonde moment I guess, thought you were playing around still. So no surprise, I genuinely thought you hadn’t claimed yet
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,717
Gender
Female
Country
China
Oh the midget detective, something I'd need to watch down the track

You had a chance to read my thoughts on Marm yet big balls?
It's great, and not yet, I'll read it and then also check back your numerous previous interactions w her. Also gonna do a global check on who else she does or does not mention throughout. After dinner Ill make tea and get on it. I suppose a patient has nothing better to do


You could have asked her beginning of the day to make sure she doesn't reveal since this one thing could confirm 2 players.

Then in a normal game, claiming det doesn't confirm the apprentice since m.det exists (this game probably doesn't have one, but could have been mechanic.

I will double check your target claim timings later, but I think I've seen you before use pirate without claimimg target first.

~
How is this a good play to switch target as apprentice?

As you can see D4 the only thing left for you to do is win with this claim as mafia, as town you achieved nothing.

Small game D4 is end game.
- I asked her like yesterday not to claim, in the same post I explain what I'm going to do
- Sure that's not impossible, but why would I wait so long instead of just saying it yday or sth?
- Yeah go ahead and check. To your pirate comment, generally I like to announce my final target on such roles as I could die. Btw the particular game you refer to I think I got lucky because I found out the role through a teammate (I think James/)
- Survival, I got slightly upset at her end D2 but didn't read everything. I'm supposed to learn and use it earlier, I was a phase too slow yeah. I'm just content I learnt sth finally

Btw I did somewhat hint towards it, not the puzzle-style like Xad but I all but said apprentice yday, so a bit surprised you're surprised at this
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's great, and not yet, I'll read it and then also check back your numerous previous interactions w her. Also gonna do a global check on who else she does or does not mention throughout. After dinner Ill make tea and get on it. I suppose a patient has nothing better to do
Naruhodo, and alright. I'll hold off on using my jutsu until you read through, same with @Kat

4AM so gonna hit the hay now. Will pop back in as soon as I can.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
so a bit surprised you're surprised at this
Never had the role, I'm still new to the game, I don't always get everything.

But while cycling l remembered your targets for D1 and D2.

Still outside for now.

So you confirm kat.

@Kat how did you decide to use BG?

- your results were paramount to end this streak of town lynches.

- you likely had your sanity confirmed when you targeted evil N1.

- they were many people that could use BG among the vanilla.

- you could have taken that mechanic that increases your action priority to dodge any potential block.

- sam said last day he had a role that he is keeping secret to surprise mafia + mechanic, you should have expected to live another day.

- you tried to protect marm, meaning you expected to be alive another day.

I'm not accusing you of being mafia, hard to with everything going for you, and now panda, but you crushed my dreams, what up with that?


Still outside BRB
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
I am gonna catch-up now
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Kat why didn't you tell your full result on evil in case you die.

What if they was a Necro or Necro effect in the mechanic?
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Okay, so let me first say everything about my role and my actions: I am indeed the Sane Detective, it got confirmed after N1 with Evil being Innocent.

N1: Detective: Evil = Innocent, Path: Healthy Townie (not used).
N2: Detective: Unable to Detective, Path: Night & Day protection.
N3: Detective: GB = Innocent, Path: Bodyguard = protected Marm with it.

@Shad I didn't tell my results because Panda asked me not to. However, I did say "I'm not insane like that" which was meant to hint at my sanity (#493). I kept saying that I basically spilled everything, but since not only Panda but also Sam didn't get it, I decided to give Panda a chance to confirm himself like he asked. Now to explain the Bodyguard part, I was considering whether it's more important to have a Detective or Prostitute for next night, I figured prostitute would be more beneficial as it CAN block a kill, considering we lynch correctly today. Sure there are the effects achieved via Paths but that is not something that I can rely on when I have no idea what they are. I never expected both Marm and I to survive last night, so I am quite shocked to see that we are both still here.


No I didn't kill him pft I'm not insane like that :hmph

Now as for my N3 action. I went with GB after DD turned out to be town. It seemed to me to be the obvious thing to do after that since DD found a loophole in his role claim. On top of that, we were all thinking in was either DD or GB. I got the Innocent result on him, so either he is Avenger and is saying the truth or he is Mafia Boss that shows Innocent to Detectives. There is still a small chance of me being Naive since I only have Innocent results but I mean I think it is safe to assume that is not the case since there is no other detective.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I really don't like how you've been acting lately Shad. It seems to me like you are all over the place and you are jumping from one theory to another, always accusing someone else which may not be a bad thing necessarily, but it just seems very rushed. We've been giving you a free pass for a few glitches you made like the thing with Xad, but that doesn't mean it will continue like that until the end of the game. You even came at me for using BG saying you are perplexed or whatever without waiting for me to say anything. It just feels like you are opening too many doors to create chaos, if it makes any sense. Chaos is the last thing we need right now. Erin suspected you as well, I think we shall remember and consider her words when making our choice today.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
You even came at me for using BG saying you are perplexed or whatever without waiting for me to say anything.
Confirming with host if the mechanic role are a bonus action in PM.

But I thought you used BG instead of detective.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Erin suspected you as well, I think we shall remember and consider her words when making our choice today.
Go ahead
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Now what happened there with Vandred.

A) he could have died protecting someone so it's likely the mafia targeted someone else as I don't see this to be their priority kill.
B) On the other hand, maybe the mafia was hoping for a recruitment, but out of Shad, Sam and Vandred, would that be the option they would go with?
C) Maybe they just wanted a guaranteed kill and considered there being protective effects from the Path, so they didn't go for Marm or me.
D) Vandred voted GB iirc, so it could also be mafia trying to frame GB.

Either way, I guess we can consider ourselves lucky to still have Prostitute and Detective (now two if Panda is one as well). We can still win this if we lynch correctly today.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Confirming with host if the mechanic role are a bonus action in PM.
Of course you can use both. It happened in previous games as well, but suit yourself.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Of course you can use both. It happened in previous games as well, but suit yourself.
No it not obvious you can use 2 roles, and I wasn't here last game, if it was that obvious you should have said that beginning of the day when I was freaking out that you didn't use detective.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Back finally will start checking.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
No it not obvious you can use 2 roles, and I wasn't here last game, if it was that obvious you should have said that beginning of the day when I was freaking out that you didn't use detective.
Well forgive me for not taking the possibility of you freaking out into account. I was busy like I said and I was waiting for Panda's reveal.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
How did sam and gb get not voter disease?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Kat they are 2 mafia + a traitor left potentially.

Meaning 42% of the players are lying.

So let try to keep the discussion nice because at this stage of the game it very easy to confuse enemy and ally.

If you want to make a case on me to compare it with your other option I'm open to it and will answer any question.

But don't tell me how many theories I'm allowed to make per day, sam is doing the same thing but you aren't telling him that, because he voted the only mafia lynched this game.

Feel free to tell me why I'm mafia and who are my teammate.

But this is the last day if we misslynch, so expect me to list every possible theory I can think of.

Some will include you.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Our lynch today must be wojak, dd or shad right?

Shad fabricated Xad's det claim, defended him, tried to get others not to kill Xad and kill Sam or whoever. Absolutely unhinged defence attempting to guilt trip us over the hypothetical det. Insisted on the huge post count being sticking point, even when everyone else kept pointing out it means jack. Additionally, Evil died who'd have 100% been on his ass. Rly curious what kind of defence he'll offer up

Wojak was also rly handholding Xad by the end, maybe he can elaborate on his role and actions. Similarly DD voted Sam instead of Xad which maybe indicates that he knew Xad was a bomb?

Finally I think Erichi's behaviour is also very backgroundish. Lots of filler posts, passing time.
While rereading Panda.

Just want to point out this hypocrisy you all have from time to time.

You just listed, Wojak, Erin, DD and Shad, All town as priority lynch.

Don't get cooky because you got 1 mafia, you want to check the 4th on your list, I'm fine with it.

The back goat being the nail in town coffin sounds very appropriate xD
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm just saying in the spirit of Occams razor, you make a strong lynch candidate.

How do you feel about my alternatives? Folks like (but not limited to) DD, Eri, Wojak? What about them over you?
Panda addressing me. We checked all the alternatives, all turned out to be town.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

What you guys got on me, gathered from Panda's post, if anybody can be trusted to scrutinize shad it panda xD
- Def xad after accusing xad
- Evil voted me and died (there is a discussion with panda with all the questions / answers)
- Erin died then voted me, even tho kat disagreed strongly with her whole post, she now want to consider her vote as information.
- Actually playing the game (some of you call it flip flopping, some want me to talk less and some want 50% less theories)

---

You can accuse me in game all you like, I don't take kindly to out of game accusations while Im unwell
I don't need a reason to disappear, I can just not post lol, I got mad because you're mocking the effort I put into play while sickish
About this, rereading I think an apology is deserved, I see how somebody ill would get triggered by my comment.

---

Day 1

my bear jutsu is active
Another returning player slipping on day 1

Votekill Xadyu

Tho also fine with killing Shadroid for the memes

edit: fixed vote
Day 2

I picked option A. I got one-time temp Psychiatrist that I could use alongside my main role.
I guess I could have realized mechanic is a bonus action from this post.

Additionally, I targeted you with my main role
He claims targetting Kat.

No my role isn't protection but tomorrow maybe I can reveal
Day 3

I targeted Wojak N2 but that did me little good now that he died. The mechanic also gave me free stuff again.
I was hoping to produce a result before I would, though at this point I might not at all. If you want I can reveal now, before Kat
Tbh for the night I was also slightly suspicious of you for 'forgetting about DD' while we were talking about it just the page before, but I read over the fact you were in a meeting so fair enough
Well, I didn't and targeting somebody to call their role is all I got so
---

You were right there with him?? You are equal parts of the reason we mislynched and you even went along w mafia guy without questioning it? Ironically again together w DD on the wrong side of voting history. It's a pattern now
Yes but why did you vote with DD against her? Fine earlier I was a little agitated when I brought it up, but it's a sincere concern; this is the second time you're voting in line with DD, even though you're consistently against him. You guys were the first votes so you must have had a motivation to vote in line with him?
DD turned out to be town and you voted with him and on him as well.

---

Tbh for hyung there's one particular role that fits well w everything so we'll see what he has to say.
Was avenger the role you were guessing?

---

Your back-and-forth behaviour, Shad, first not believing Van's claim, then immediately switching to distrusting me when he brings up another theory, I think you're coming as desperate, latching onto anything that takes the light of yourself
We can kill Shad, he's causing problems and he's right here! Maybe Van will post a theory about your post-to-vote ratio next and Shad will explain how he's wired to immediately extrapolate what MH users whose names start with K are necessarily suspect because of it :heh

Van turned out was town xD

My playstyle, you better get used to it, I make or read theories and I spend hours investigating them, until I drop them and then do it again, you calling it flip flopping won't stop me from doing it, unless I'm mafia then I will do it in a more calculated way.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

As things currently stand, I have no doubt Panda always wanted to claim apprentice, at least from D2.
There is a small chance he just decided that early game and went with it to be consistent.

But he also documented switching learning targets.
Tho there is a small chance he did that to delay having to provide results with his new role.

If we assume Panda is legit.
Then Kat is as well.

I made a mistake earlier, they are only 6 players left.

That leaves: Sam, Shad, Marm, GB.

Let simplify and remove the traitor for now, and Sam for being generally trusted (I will do a reread of sam to see if I can find any dirt later, for my sam theories).

That leaves Shad, Marm and GB.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Copy Panda
You said earlier that you didn't want to die on Kat.
If you died on her, you would have shown as apprentice and we would have reread your post to see that you are targeting kat.

That a 1 to 1 trade with mafia, super worth it.
Why did you decide that your life was more important?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

To your pirate comment, generally I like to announce my final target on such roles as I could die.
You say it yourself in your last post today.
But your actions are different this game.
You announced your target, then you changed it.

Why? To not die? But you say it your self that a good play for pirate.
I would think it would be even better on apprentice since it has an insane variant.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Good way to spend a Thursday night.

I'm interested in the last question, you can start from that, but please don't forget to answer some of the big post when you have time, like the question about the role you guessed for GB.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Assuming Kat is legit, if GB was innocent in Kat's results then that means remaining mafia have to be amongst Marm, Shad, and Copan.
>Mafia could have a mafia det that'd allow Panda to fake Kat's role
>Marm has been dodgy with her votes and her play is sub-optimal
>Shad had the Xadyu backflip and has had moments of "instability" that are getting passed off as "its just Shad"

@Copy Panda You never responded to me about Marm in the end, why is that? 🤨
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Two townies have NVD but a potential scum has UVD to switch to whoever they need to get a mislynch... wonder if that's truly telling too 🤔
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Mafia could have a mafia det that'd allow Panda to fake Kat's role
Not needed kat said her role last phase.

But damn you right, the use of NVD is very strong, surely those are 2 town, meaning it 2v2 vote wise.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Gotta head out to some lessons/rehearsals now but I'll be back later- scum has to be Marm and then between Shad and Copan. Will likely use my jutsu later when I'm back, likely on Marm so you better get back to me ASAP sickly lazy bear @Copy Panda
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not needed kat said her role last phase.

But damn you right, the use of NVD is very strong, surely those are 2 town, meaning it 2v2 vote wise.
I do have a way to change that though 😁
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Marmalade has Unlimited Voter Disease
Marm can't lock.

Gotta head out to some lessons/rehearsals now but I'll be back later- scum has to be Marm and then between Shad and Copan. Will likely use my jutsu later when I'm back, likely on Marm so you better get back to me ASAP sickly lazy bear @Copy Panda
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I do have a way to change that though 😁
Nice did you take the nonle xD
I though it was stupid, but didn't expect mafia to use the same mechanic twice to manipulate votes.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Nobody claimed these effects
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Not needed kat said her role last phase.
On second though, It was needed to be confident in being able to pull the apprentice claim, not sure if they have a detective in this setup.

Small game and roles like spy aren't in it, so maybe hoe is also not in it, or it prostitute.

I'm not able to find a reason to doubt kat, she was sure xad should die and locked when I started defending, very naturally and locking a bomb, is just town.

Also sam is doing way more than what a mafia would do in this phase, he is moving the game into the right direction, mafia would just do the minimum.

I think they expected van to be alive this phase, and they NVD, 2 other town, not sure why they picked GB, he isn't even playing.

Maybe because they believed I would lynch van, but not GB? From my last post previous phase.

I think they didn't account for van being absent today, confirmed by death.

BG is best role, you can leave the game whenever you are tired or about to get lynched xD

So that leaves Panda and Marm.

I think Panda fits the profile, he didn't answer my question because he wants to draw this out.

My thoughts for now, hopefully this thread is more active when I come back.

Night
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Some inconsistencies:
- mafia couldn't coordinate NVD effect, unless both are from the same player.
- they are 3 effects but only 2 mafia, unless NVD is from the same player.
- is UVD really a good thing? Not being able to lock means you can be outvoted.
- Would panda lynch a teammate returning player?

Another idea is that marm is detective, it would explain both their claims.

If marm was prostitute, they would have blocked kat and killed sam.

Since killing kat puts a timer on marm, they would first kill a confirmed townie while they block kat.

Thanks to van, we know he wasn't blocked as marm claimed, since he successfully used BG, so marm lied.

We also know somebody van considered town was targeted for a kill, which can only be kat, thanks to van BG.

I think van just won us the game after being afk 2 days xD

GB has both the NVD and innocent going for him.

I'm more or less ready to vote, save to iron the details but overall I feel very confident that this one BG use + NVD use has cleared the fog of war.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top