Games Mafia Jump 89 - OMO WEEKLY - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
also erinyes got 3rd place but is dead do the others move up or is it lost now?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,416
Gender
Male
Country
France
They might have looked at the votes too? Araki-sensei and Toriyama-sensei have the highest number of votes and she is right behind. One or both could be Mafia. Before the final results I was thinking that there would be a Mafia in the Top 3 anyway. I still believe it's likely.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
They might have looked at the votes too? Araki-sensei and Toriyama-sensei have the highest number of votes and she is right behind. One or both could be Mafia. Before the final results I was thinking that there would be a Mafia in the Top 3 anyway. I still believe it's likely.
Somebody has adopted my ancient theory :wtf
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
also erinyes got 3rd place but is dead do the others move up or is it lost now?
Out of respect for the democratic process, people who are no longer part of the company will be kept in the rankings if they were part of the company at the time of polling.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,538
Reaction score
21,807
Gender
Female
Country
China
By allowing a former employee to hog one of the privileged spots, we may fondly remember her memory (rip Kaoru-sensei🙏) while also saving money on current employees!

Easy peasy, corporate squeezy!
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,665
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Does anyone have stats on previous times Erin was Pirate? Is she prone to using her ability N1 or does she sit on it and wait for a better target? I feel like it‘d be the latter, so she was perhaps outright killed.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
But yeah, my old theory was that always one of the top 3 most active players of the a day phase is a mafia. So that leaves gnut and Gry.

Then yesterdays vote was annoyingly spread, but usually one of the lynch voters is also a mafia. So that adds Pompom and Tatsumaki.

Erinyes voted to kill SirSamuel, so he is also a suspect in traditional sense.

Now looking Erins history. She made the list. She roasted Shad. She was popular. She jokingly suggested killing Inoue (Mazino) and Sorachi (DD)

So my focus group: Gnut, Gry, Pompom, Tatsumaki, SirSamuel, Mazino and DD.

That's annoyingly large though. I hoped I'd find some intersections there, but nope. Nothing.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,665
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Something curious happened last night, I think we have a Santa in the game because I was given a secondary role, but the secondary role isn‘t good for Santa to be around so I‘m not sure why he‘d pick this as a first gift :hmm
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Oh just learned what hot potato means, and know I have to re-study Santa. This is a worksome game.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Something curious happened last night, I think we have a Santa in the game because I was given a secondary role, but the secondary role isn‘t good for Santa to be around so I‘m not sure why he‘d pick this as a first gift :hmm
OHOHOHOHO! So that's what happened! I spied on @Brandish μ last night who targeted you!
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,665
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
They might have looked at the votes too? Araki-sensei and Toriyama-sensei have the highest number of votes and she is right behind. One or both could be Mafia. Before the final results I was thinking that there would be a Mafia in the Top 3 anyway. I still believe it's likely.
I am not mafia so if they used ranking for their targeting then why didn‘t they off me not Erin considering I had as many points as gnut(and cointoss or something made me win 1st place above him?), besides I don‘t think gnut is mafia and I‘d like to believe we all voted up people we trusted, think mafias being highly voted is unlikely.

Also believe the system doesn‘t benefit mafia as much, or at least at the beginning it doesn‘t matter much to them so I don‘t see them killing because of the poll.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Demonspeed did you get a Hot Potato? Considering you are 5th ranked.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

OHOHOHOHO! So that's what happened! I spied on @Brandish μ last night who targeted you!
Omo, but lets not jump the gun right away and wait to see what Brandish has to paint/photoshop for himself.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Kill Brandy Claus then?

I want to hear the defense though

I am not mafia so if they used ranking for their targeting then why didn‘t they off me not Erin considering I had as many points as gnut(and cointoss or something made me win 1st place above him?), besides I don‘t think gnut is mafia and I‘d like to believe we all voted up people we trusted, think mafias being highly voted is unlikely.

Also believe the system doesn‘t benefit mafia as much, or at least at the beginning it doesn‘t matter much to them so I don‘t see them killing because of the poll.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Demonspeed did you get a Hot Potato? Considering you are 5th ranked.
I disagree - mafia player might very well get a lot of popularity votes first day. One of the team always tends to be active and charismatic and messes with the people. That's how best mafia wins happen.

I personally voted the top 3 posters - I know that that way I likely only supposted 1 mafia. Following my pet peeves.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Okay... interesting indeed. I do agree with Gry. Let’s wait for Brandy and go from there :nod

Speaking of hot potatoes, was there anyone who got one after the night phase?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Omo, but lets not jump the gun right away and wait to see what Brandish has to paint/photoshop for himself.
He's gonna have to pull off a photoshop miracle to wriggle out of this one imo. He went too under the radar for my liking yesterday; no hint, and while the images certainly are within the theme, I feel like he's using them to hide something.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,416
Gender
Male
Country
France
Somebody has adopted my ancient theory :wtf
Haha I said highest votes, not top posters :XD. Mafia can manipulate votes with their number.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes I have the potato.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,665
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
2x - ErinYes [#91], Brandish [#102]

2x - SirSamuel [#119] Ustegius [#133]

2x - Pompom [#126] Tatsumaki [#138]

2x - GrySun [#120], Asako [#163]
This was our top voted on end of D1, Samuel, Shad, Brandish, Ustegius.

Considering now the rules do a cointoss to see who is lynched in a tie, mafia would never gamble on luck if odds were bad, like 2/4 mafia for example. So imo at best there is 1 mafia in this group of 4(now 3), otherwise everyone is town. Lack of saving/votes moving should confirm mafia was fine with last second snipers or it just being cointossed.

Even if Brandish is Santa mafia wouldn‘t know or try and save him, so the other 2, Ust and Samuel, would be clear townies? Hmmm. Need to check back on if anyone was voting last second and for who, but I trust Brandish and Sam to not be mafia.

That leaves Ustegius as either the sole mafia here voted too close to phase end for buddies to react or also not a mafia so mafia doesn‘t care to add more votes there, or add more people into the tie.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Haha I said highest votes, not top posters :XD. Mafia can manipulate votes with their number.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes I have the potato.
That's the same thing though. The highest votes were the top posters, not surprising.

But it is true, that mafia can manipulate the popularity vote, that is why Gry saying that the top voted mangaka are very trusted and shouldn't be suspected is quite sus.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,665
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I disagree - mafia player might very well get a lot of popularity votes first day. One of the team always tends to be active and charismatic and messes with the people. That's how best mafia wins happen.

I personally voted the top 3 posters - I know that that way I likely only supposted 1 mafia. Following my pet peeves.
Based on the “save lynch“ mechanic we once had, which had people vote those they don‘t wanna lynch and lowest voted would be lynched, I‘d say people are better at distinguishing 1-3 people they can trust than 1-3 they can distrust, because on average there are a handful trustworthy people that do become a bit obvious in a day or two, while there‘s often too many shady people to single out 1 from 10+. But we‘ll see.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,416
Gender
Male
Country
France
This was our top voted on end of D1, Samuel, Shad, Brandish, Ustegius.

Considering now the rules do a cointoss to see who is lynched in a tie, mafia would never gamble on luck if odds were bad, like 2/4 mafia for example. So imo at best there is 1 mafia in this group of 4(now 3), otherwise everyone is town. Lack of saving/votes moving should confirm mafia was fine with last second snipers or it just being cointossed.

Even if Brandish is Santa mafia wouldn‘t know or try and save him, so the other 2, Ust and Samuel, would be clear townies? Hmmm. Need to check back on if anyone was voting last second and for who, but I trust Brandish and Sam to not be mafia.

That leaves Ustegius as either the sole mafia here voted too close to phase end for buddies to react or also not a mafia so mafia doesn‘t care to add more votes there, or add more people into the tie.
The post got deleted by Panda later because time was up, but Mazino wanted to vote Miura-sensei (I didn't use my powers for this I swear).
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,665
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Haha I said highest votes, not top posters :XD. Mafia can manipulate votes with their number.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes I have the potato.
I feel like that‘s more something for mafia to make use of mid/lategame if enough of them are alive, because that‘s when being unblockable/unlynchable will be more priceless than early, as they can just avoid 1st place guy for a phase.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top