Hey guys... I'm not a parent, I'm an uncle though; to my sisters two sons.
I have a question to ask to the parents here however.
I wanted to ask if, I don't really know how to ask, but have you noticed if your kids forget people they don't see too often?
My one nephew is one and a half, the other is three and a half. Last year I visited them every break I got from school, at least 6 times in the year. This year though.. my sister is trying to have another baby, and my brother in law is having a lot of stress with his new job and it was best that I not visit them. So I haven't really seen my nephews in at least 5 months.
When he was younger, the old one would talk to me on the phone, now he doesn't so much even though my sister says he smiles when I talk to him sometimes. When I visit, if they don't necessarily remember me, they get used to me within the hour, but I just wanted to know if you've noticed that children forget people at this age?
I'm asking because I may not see them for a while next year, I'll be going to the army and the older one will be starting school so, in case I don't get a chance to visit again this year it'll be at least 2 years till I see them again. And afterwards I plan on going to law school and I don't really know how much time that'll take up.. anyway I guess it's kind of silly of me to be worried over it, but I dunno I would just like to hear from parents? And please be honest, don't try to make me feel better by saying they won't forget me; do kids forget people at some point of not seeing them?