Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 359 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Brim787

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly it's not the same thing at all. Pellegarde said this but he did it openly and still wants to do it. Plus yeah turning one of them into their ally would change things.

Chion had orders from Tristan and Meliodas, knew their importance but he lied to all of them and intentionally tried to kill Percival and Gawain. Seeing the way he did it you wouldn't believe he is on the good guys's side. He is not showing remorse and is still behaving like a jerk. I thought that maybe he had some really tragic past but he is Gil and Margaret's son.
I’d have to disagree with you there . Because if it’s hard to contemplate why Chion is on the good guys side , it should be almost impossible to deduce why Pellegarde is on the bad guys side , atop of being so friendly with them . Also , let’s desist walking past Pellegarde’s treason . We spent far too long on Chion than we were ever even supposed to .

Both were ordered by their King [Arthur | Meliodas + Bartra] to carry out an objective that would ensure the safety of their Kingdom . 1 deviates from it here & there , but ultimately still listens after getting caught . The other could get caught again & again , but still wouldn’t matter . He’s even turned down Arthur’s orders before , just to carry that out .

Pell has literally committed Treason ever since he met Percy , knows that & more of what Consequences would entail than Chion in his own case , & still continues to do it . Chion hasn’t tried anything since the Gawain mishap but state his unneeded & unwanted opinion . We can’t say for sure who knows more vital information , but Pellegarde definitely knows he’s playing a dangerous game , moreso than Chion , who at worse will be temporarily imprisoned . He’s dancing with his life on the line , all by choice .

& We even have a more relatable reason . He’s doing it to protect Tristan , his Prince , Idol in a sense & Cousin by Law . Now , the ends don’t justify the means , but Pellegarde likes strong guys & Percy just lucked out . We can feel Chion out a bit more than Pell , but quite a few use it more for the worse . Which is ok , but we can’t ignore what’s there .

(I also don’t mean to disrespect anyone ! Nor tense up the situation . These are just things I’ve thought for quite a long time & knew it’d be worse saying in the past 😅 so sorry if it’s taken the wrong way . If I feel the conversation has sparked tension , I’ll be the 1st to concede)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Which does remind me .. Chion should know of Lancelot . 😞 You Trisimp you ..

(Again , yes , his actions are deplorable . Very , especially for someone his age . But let’s see how Gawain’s hand gets forced against them !)

& Lastly , sorry guys if it seems I’m undermining Chion’s dishonorable acts (I’m not from NY so I try to find a way to say that whenever I can 😂😭) , but I definitely know we’re gonna get a turnaround moment for him that’ll feel pretty good ! Let’s just keep enough of Percy’s magic in our hearts needed to endure Chion’s rise from the Toiletbowl .

(Hope that 2nd half lightened my approach !)

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I’d have to disagree with you there . Because if it’s hard to contemplate why Chion is on the good guys side , it should be almost impossible to deduce why Pellegarde is on the bad guys side , atop of being so friendly with them . Also , let’s desist walking past Pellegarde’s treason . We spent far too long on Chion than we were ever even supposed to .

Both were ordered by their King [Arthur | Meliodas + Bartra] to carry out an objective that would ensure the safety of their Kingdom . 1 deviates from it here & there , but ultimately still listens after getting caught . The other could get caught again & again , but still wouldn’t matter . He’s even turned down Arthur’s orders before , just to carry that out .

Pell has literally committed Treason ever since he met Percy , knows that & more of what Consequences would entail than Chion in his own case , & still continues to do it . Chion hasn’t tried anything since the Gawain mishap but state his unneeded & unwanted opinion . We can’t say for sure who knows more vital information , but Pellegarde definitely knows he’s playing a dangerous game , moreso than Chion , who at worse will be temporarily imprisoned . He’s dancing with his life on the line , all by choice .

& We even have a more relatable reason . He’s doing it to protect Tristan , his Prince , Idol in a sense & Cousin by Law . Now , the ends don’t justify the means , but Pellegarde likes strong guys & Percy just lucked out . We can feel Chion out a bit more than Pell , but quite a few use it more for the worse . Which is ok , but we can’t ignore what’s there .

(I also don’t mean to disrespect anyone ! Nor tense up the situation . These are just things I’ve thought for quite a long time & knew it’d be worse saying in the past 😅 so sorry if it’s taken the wrong way . If I feel the conversation has sparked tension , I’ll be the 1st to concede)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Which does remind me .. Chion should know of Lancelot . 😞 You Trisimp you ..

(Again , yes , his actions are deplorable . Very , especially for someone his age . But let’s see how Gawain’s hand gets forced against them !)

& Lastly , sorry guys if it seems I’m undermining Chion’s dishonorable acts (I’m not from NY so I try to find a way to say that whenever I can 😂😭) , but I definitely know we’re gonna get a turnaround moment for him that’ll feel pretty good ! Let’s just keep enough of Percy’s magic in our hearts needed to endure Chion’s rise from the Toiletbowl .

(Hope that 2nd half lightened my approach !)
No they aren't the same. We don't know much about Pellegarde's story to begin with. Same for Chion, but we know enough. He has two loving parents and is a HK working for his idol. We also know that Pellegarde is considering leaving Arthur's side since Lancelot confirmed that he was wavering when Percival made the offer. Even if Pellegarde isn't trying to kill the KoA or at least Percival he is not hiding his intentions to recruit him.

Killing two KoA prophesied to save the world in order to protect Tristan, another KoA just doesn't work. His "what ifs" are endless if we want to go this way.

It is clearly jealousy. He even said that he wouldn't like to work with them because they are "commoners" too.

I do believe that Nakaba has plans for him but at the moment there is nothing likeable about him besides his Magic. Even if he still wanted to kill Percival and Gawain, now that the jig is up he can't do anything. He isn't strong enough to defeat either. With the way Nakaba handled this I have no reason to believe this kid is sane or that he is fit to be a Holy Knight.

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
No they aren't the same. We don't know much about Pellegarde's story to begin with. Same for Chion, but we know enough. He has two loving parents and is a HK working for his idol. We also know that Pellegarde is considering leaving Arthur's side since Lancelot confirmed that he was wavering when Percival made the offer. Even if Pellegarde isn't trying to kill the KoA or at least Percival he is not hiding his intentions to recruit him.

Killing two KoA prophesied to save the world in order to protect Tristan, another KoA just doesn't work. His "what ifs" are endless if we want to go this way.

It is clearly jealousy. He even said that he wouldn't like to work with them because they are "commoners" too.

I do believe that Nakaba has plans for him but at the moment there is nothing likeable about him besides his Magic. Even if he still wanted to kill Percival and Gawain, now that the jig is up he can't do anything. He isn't strong enough to defeat either. With the way Nakaba handled this I have no reason to believe this kid is sane or that he is fit to be a Holy Knight.
Chion was able to get the position he got above all else through his family ties , like the majority of the Knights we know . & I’m not saying he isn’t jealous of Lance , Gawain & Percy , but his literal answer was related more towards Tristan than himself . He doesn’t trust anyone but himself & his loved 1s (Don’t quote me on the latter , it’s a bit foggy & I’m not making a huge point on it). I wouldn’t necessarily call what we know about Chion enough , because neither of us can confirm why he’s the way he is . & Honestly , the bits that we do know have little to do with where things ended up . Meliodas , Elizabeth , Ban , Elaine , all some of the most loving parents of seen in recent time .

Their kids even showed such in their little spar on Tristan’s birthday . But look where Lance & Tristan are now . I’m not saying they’re like Chion , I’m saying your upbringing doesn’t define who you should be , or really even are .

Just because things seem hohum on the outside from the bit we have , doesn’t mean Chion had no reason to turn out the way he did (not that you said that) . His Father cut off an entire village’s water supply just because a Kid threw a bug in his drink , after he disrespected said drink , the Village’s Magnum Opus . Killing Percival & Gawain is wrong , horrendous even . But we all know that wasn’t Gil’s 1st rodeo . We’re just grateful Meliodas was there when he was , or that would’ve been dark . Yeah , it was for Margret , but he‘s killed multiple just for 1 person . Chion wouldn’t have known the full consequences for sure until he experienced the slaughter of the remaining 4Knights v. Camelot in action . But Gil knew what it was from the beginning . Noble to some yes , but what do you tell the girl who’s brother he killed for whatever trivial reason during that 10 Year gap ?

Last edited:

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
To any & all still upset over Chion getting “let off the hook ,” let’s remember , Pellegarde casually & confidently told Ironside to his face that he’s going to defy their king & train their Archenemy . All he got was a literal slap on the wrist , then he just went back to being him .

A more glaring recent example . & Let’s not forget our 2 former Grandmasters !
The difference with Pellegarde though is that he wasn't going against his leader's wishes and was acting to increase the strength of Arthur's side. Chion was not only going against his leader's wishes, but was decreasing his side's strength. He was also knowingly trying to have four innocent people murdered...

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey , I apologize for my delayed response (Yes , I know it’s not serious compared to the rest of the message) , but I’ve been wronged bad & had someone very dear to me taken from this Earth . So we’ll have to disengage due to my Emotional Capacity at the moment .

Thank you for the talk , Demonspeed . I kinda knew it already happened but tried to distract myself with our talk . God Bless you all . 💔

Zorra_akuma

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

no chapter this week

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Volume 10 is out! Here's the link.

TL:
Page 2:
I wonder what Percival and Donny are up to now...
They must be doing just fine out there.

Page 4:
Title: Nasiens' prescription (5)
Erm...
is this for me?

This is the lizard used for infusions, right?
SFX: Twitch

Oh... it's moving.

Hahahah, sorry, sorry.
He's my working partner.

It's the five-colored yurung.
[TN: Or perhaps Yurlungur from SMT?]
He's actually a rare beast, also brought to me from the Demon world by his highness. Don't you find him cute?

What I actually wanted to give you is its tail.
Its tail?

Page 5:
He's meek by nature... but his tail is unique in that it's venomous.
Each time he grows a new tail, the poison type changes five times, and you can repeat the process.

Oh, that's interesting.
SFX: Rustle
So that's why it's five-colored...!

These are the five types of tails he grows!
You're right, they are all different.

However be careful how you use them, okay? Even if you've a good resistance to poison, they contain some of it that you aren't supposed to absorb.
Outside: Here's your farewell gift.

...thank you, Hendrickson,
for being so kind to me after I refused your offer.

Page 6:
No, it was my fault.
SFX: Lick
I should have minded my own business when you didn't want to separate from your comrades.

Well...

Can I ask you for an advice? Not related to poison or medicine.
Go ahead and tell.

It's about my comrade... my friend...
And, umm... how should I put it...?

Are you asking me
for a love advice...?

...ah,
er... no...

Page 7:
I... am not sure about it...
We hadn't always been friends... so my feelings are somewhat...

One thing I can say for sure is...
Y-yes!!

An old friend said... I am really, really bad at romance...

That's why I've never had a girlfriend to this very day...
Outside: We shouldn't be having this discussion.
I... I see.

I'm sorry for not being of any help to you.
No, it's all right!! You're a pretty good person.
People always tell me that...

The end

Page 8:
Title: At Liones' castle (2)
Haaa,
I thought I'd kick the bucket today...

Don't worry about it... I am always here for you, Dad.
Thitis.

The battle is still only getting started here.

Your dad prays that you will find the star you're looking for...

Thank you... I love you.
Ahah, I love you too.

The end.

Page 13:
Kneel before my "King's Authority".

Volume 11 will release on March 17th.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Derrierie reincarnated as Golgius's daughter?

Isn't that monkey with Elba and Katz Dahlia's Spirit Spear?

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
WOAH, wtf

Golgius is Thetis' daughter? Like... what a strange twist of fate, lmao. But I don't dislike it at all. I always liked Golgius. He was always interesting to me and for such a low tier character I think he also had a nice turn-around from how he started out in NNT. It's cool that Nakaba didn't forget about him and gave him relevance in the story, too.

Poor Hendy, never can catch a break.
Nasiens becoming more and more like Coco in Toriko, nice!

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Oh, didn't most of the Weird Fangs get killed by Derrierie and Monspiet? Or was it by Fraudring? Strange twist of fate indeed.

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
And here I though He look like an old man in his 50

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh, didn't most of the Weird Fangs get killed by Derrierie and Monspiet? Or was it by Fraudring? Strange twist of fate indeed.
It was Fraudrin who killed two of the last remaining three members. (Ruin and Friesia, namely). Jude was killed when Ban was introduced to us.