Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 360 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Done comparing the serialization and the volume, and here are the changes (mag then volume order). As well as two new pages absent from the serialized chapter 83. I will translate the lines:
You are last, Percival!
Huh... o-oh yes!!

Percival, in the name of the Liones kingdom,
I dub you Holy Knight and Knight of the Apocalypse.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Why tf is Nasciens so Gay
Just reveal Nasciens is a girl and it'd be all fine
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Done comparing the serialization and the volume, and here are the changes (mag then volume order). As well as two new pages absent from the serialized chapter 83. I will translate the lines:
You are last, Percival!
Huh... o-oh yes!!

Percival, in the name of the Liones kingdom,
I dub you Holy Knight and Knight of the Apocalypse.
Damn so in the change Arthur was made even more badly beaten by Meliodas 😹😹😹

Brim787

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gay , straight , boy , girl , all the same . I get what you mean , but I think you mixed up your words there .

Not to be “that guy” just to reply . Would just rather politely clarify what you meant before someone gets triggered .

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hyperion Constitution • a rare medical condition that makes her muscle a dozen times denser , more flexible &her organs can keep up with it , the drawback being a super increased metabolism .
Oh, so there are other manga/anime with this type of character? I only ever met it in DS.
Did Nakaba clarify things better somewhere? Or did Dubs create Basquias and Darrenheart as well?
Dubs was confirmed as the creator of Chastiefol? I always thought he created the other STs taking Chastiefol as a model...
To any & all still upset over Chion getting “let off the hook ,” let’s remember , Pellegarde casually & confidently told Ironside to his face that he’s going to defy their king & train their Archenemy .
First off, if you don't feel up for a discussion, ignore this altogether. Focus on your wellbeing irl.
It's less that he's being let off the hook and more about not being given any sort of believable motivation for it, so far, be it forced upon him or culturally relegated. And I'd rather compare him more closely to other people in the same camp as he(the hero? camp), the Sins whenever they went up against one another, Gawain, who's related to the enemy and mistrustful of her new companions, the AAs, etc. Everyone else was introduced with some beliefs which either stayed true and got even more expanded on, or they gradually changed based on their experiences. So far Chion is the actual spoiled rotten princeling, who even seems to be envious of Tristan...I somewhat get the feeling he disapproves of the mixed blood/descendence family ruling Liones( not that Tristan even wants to inherit, he doesn't even know which way to go with his powers rn), but nothing believable. His father was introduced as a member of the HKs Elizabeth was denouncing as corrupted, then we rapidly found out that he was just being blackmailed, along with confusing Margaret. Chion is still a mystery as to why he decided to be an arrogant prick, when even his power isn't much to speak of, it's the variety of spells that impresses and maybe his weapon's design.
I thought that maybe he had some really tragic past but he is Gil and Margaret's son.
And your favourite AA's godson:notamused
I’m saying your upbringing doesn’t define who you should be , or really even are .
Something in it does define your tendencies( especially during adolescence), whether it's a long-lasting process, or a very impactful one time event.
He was always interesting to me and for such a low tier character I think he also had a nice turn-around from how he started out in NNT.
He was converted by Elizabeth's miraculous apple pie:feelsgoodman
Oh, didn't most of the Weird Fangs get killed by Derrierie and Monspiet? Or was it by Fraudring? Strange twist of fate indeed.
Only Friesia and Ruin, IIRC. Golgius split from them, was hiding away in the wilds, and cropped up into the BH Elizabeth was running by herself during Mel's beauty sleep.

Have to say, didn't expect for Thetis to be Golgius' daughter, but before we even met Thetis, I didn't expect her to be Derrieri either, so...Hmm, now I'm even more curious as to who are Isolde's parents. At some point I even considered her being somehow the daughter of Twiggo and Waylo's sis, the one running the undies shop...I'd see Nakaba doing something like that.

Last edited:

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I read this line before looking at the volume stuff and man was I confused.
Lol yeah, I fucked that up. The sentence was structured differently initially and then I forgot to change the word into "father".

He was converted by Elizabeth's miraculous apple pie:feelsgoodman
Good to see Elizabeth's pie didn't only just save Meliodas :cheez

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Are those kids on the front of the volume extras Diane and King's kids?

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Are those kids on the front of the volume extras Diane and King's kids?
They are Donny's friends of his former travel circus troupe.

Brim787

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just started Chiguhagu Lovers , 1 of Nakaba’s older series .

… Quite the premise , I’ll say . But I’ll see where it leads me .

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gawain for president.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Perhaps if I vote for Arthur, Nakaba will stop humiliating him. :emocat

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Perhaps if I vote for Arthur, Nakaba will stop humiliating him. :emocat
Don't be corrupted by Chaos :emocat

If you have to, vote for Pellegarde :3c
Yes, I know no shame

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Yes, I know no shame
It's done, it's too late for me. :emocat

I'm loving Pellegarde so far. Ironside too. I don't know, I always end up loving most characters of Nanatsu and enjoying mostly everything while everyone complains. :imslow

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's done, it's too late for me. :emocat

I'm loving Pellegarde so far. Ironside too. I don't know, I always end up loving most characters of Nanatsu and enjoying mostly everything while everyone complains. :imslow
You are not alone in that.

I also find myself loving the large majority of the cast of both mangas, there are very very few characters I truly detest and even if I do I think they are still all interesting in their own ways.

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Here's a bit of a weird idea that I've been sitting on for a while now. What if Pellegarde is somehow connected to Sunshine?

There is a pattern in this series when it comes to the names of characters' magic abilities in that they are almost exclusively in English. This doesn't come across in the translation for obvious reasons, but you may have noticed it in the anime when characters say the name of their magic and it turns out to be an English word, think Escanor shouting out "SANSHAIN!". It should be noted that this pattern only applies to the names of the magic abilities and not to the names of individual techniques, which are sometimes in English and sometimes in Japanese. In NNT, this pattern held for every magic ability in the series with the exception of the Graces, which have Japanese names. This includes Sunshine, which is called 'Sunshine' when used by Escanor, but changes to 'Taiyo' when used by Mael.

Where things get interesting is with the sequel, because even though there haven't been any new Grace-style powers introduced, there has actually been a magic that follows the same naming pattern. That magic is Pellegarde's 'Homura', translated as 'Pyre'. When Pyre was first mentioned I figured that Nakaba had simply decided to switch to giving innate magic abilities Japanese names in the sequel. However, very soon after Pellegarde's debut we were introduced to Nasiens and Talisker, whose magics had English names again, and the same trend has also continued for every character introduced since then. This means that either Nakaba meant to alter the naming scheme, but then changed his mind almost immediately, or there is something special about Pyre that makes it different from every other innate magic.

Assuming that we're not just dealing with a random mistake, I have three potential explanations for the name of Pellegarde's magic. Seeing how Pyre is fire-based, the first thing that comes to mind is a direct connection to Sunshine. Perhaps something along the lines of Escanor's death causing a fragment of Sunshine to split off and turn into Pyre, which then ended up becoming Pellegarde's magic. Sunshine being weakened like this could explain how Gawain can withstand its power and also why she ran out of magic in the afternoon, when Escanor's Sunshine would have still been supplying him with massive amounts of magic. This would also set up Pellegarde as an important enemy and a power-up for Gawain, which may have already been foreshadowed with their earlier clash. The second possibility is that Pyre is essentially like a Chaos Sunshine, similar to Chaos Galand and Chaos Melascula. If Arthur wanted to create mockeries of the Demon Clan's elite soldiers, then he may have also wanted to create a mockery of one of the Goddess Clan's blessings. The third and last explanation I have relates to what I said earlier about the names of individual techniques not following the same pattern as the names of magic abilities. Maybe Pyre is not actually a magic ability at all, but just a technique that Pellegarde pretends is his real magic to hide his true power from everyone. For example, let's say that instead of fire magic he actually has magic that allows him to control the 4 elements, but keeps the other 3 hidden as his ace in the hole.

In conclusion, there is a chance that Pellegarde's magic could turn out to be something way bigger than mere fire manipulation, but there is also a very real possibility that I just spent all this time overanalyzing a small mistake Nakaba made right after returning from a year-long break.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Yes, I know no shame
We all love Arthur here :heh.

Here's a bit of a weird idea that I've been sitting on for a while now. What if Pellegarde is somehow connected to Sunshine?

There is a pattern in this series when it comes to the names of characters' magic abilities in that they are almost exclusively in English. This doesn't come across in the translation for obvious reasons, but you may have noticed it in the anime when characters say the name of their magic and it turns out to be an English word, think Escanor shouting out "SANSHAIN!". It should be noted that this pattern only applies to the names of the magic abilities and not to the names of individual techniques, which are sometimes in English and sometimes in Japanese. In NNT, this pattern held for every magic ability in the series with the exception of the Graces, which have Japanese names. This includes Sunshine, which is called 'Sunshine' when used by Escanor, but changes to 'Taiyo' when used by Mael.

Where things get interesting is with the sequel, because even though there haven't been any new Grace-style powers introduced, there has actually been a magic that follows the same naming pattern. That magic is Pellegarde's 'Homura', translated as 'Pyre'. When Pyre was first mentioned I figured that Nakaba had simply decided to switch to giving innate magic abilities Japanese names in the sequel. However, very soon after Pellegarde's debut we were introduced to Nasiens and Talisker, whose magics had English names again, and the same trend has also continued for every character introduced since then. This means that either Nakaba meant to alter the naming scheme, but then changed his mind almost immediately, or there is something special about Pyre that makes it different from every other innate magic.

Assuming that we're not just dealing with a random mistake, I have three potential explanations for the name of Pellegarde's magic. Seeing how Pyre is fire-based, the first thing that comes to mind is a direct connection to Sunshine. Perhaps something along the lines of Escanor's death causing a fragment of Sunshine to split off and turn into Pyre, which then ended up becoming Pellegarde's magic. Sunshine being weakened like this could explain how Gawain can withstand its power and also why she ran out of magic in the afternoon, when Escanor's Sunshine would have still been supplying him with massive amounts of magic. This would also set up Pellegarde as an important enemy and a power-up for Gawain, which may have already been foreshadowed with their earlier clash. The second possibility is that Pyre is essentially like a Chaos Sunshine, similar to Chaos Galand and Chaos Melascula. If Arthur wanted to create mockeries of the Demon Clan's elite soldiers, then he may have also wanted to create a mockery of one of the Goddess Clan's blessings. The third and last explanation I have relates to what I said earlier about the names of individual techniques not following the same pattern as the names of magic abilities. Maybe Pyre is not actually a magic ability at all, but just a technique that Pellegarde pretends is his real magic to hide his true power from everyone. For example, let's say that instead of fire magic he actually has magic that allows him to control the 4 elements, but keeps the other 3 hidden as his ace in the hole.

In conclusion, there is a chance that Pellegarde's magic could turn out to be something way bigger than mere fire manipulation, but there is also a very real possibility that I just spent all this time overanalyzing a small mistake Nakaba made right after returning from a year-long break.
Why would it get weaker though? It's not like Escanor managed to change the way Sunshine works. He died because its power ended up being too much for his body.

If the naming is different it could be because Pellegarde is from a different country or something. We know that Sunshine is superior to fire magic. Gawain herself overpowered Pellegarde's flames.

So it's not Deen or Marvy Jack. From what I have seen Shou Kimura only voiced very unimportant characters.

They made Tower of God which was alright but became worse and worse for the webtoon fan than I am. And that Nagatoro series(don't watch or read this). Orange was nice but I didn't read the manga.