Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (No chapter in June) | Page 61 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (No chapter in June)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Another advantage of Japan beating Switzerland would be that it gives the other top teams an incentive to use strong players against them in the KO stage. If Japan faces France, Spain or whoever on their way to the finals, it'd make much more sense for them to send out Camus or Medanore if Japan previously established themselves as a threat to the big 4. If Switzerland sweeps them on the other hand, the pros would better be saved for later on.

Anera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Byoudouin/Duke is virtually impossible to happen, for two reasons:
  1. D1 is the second match. While this isn't 100% accurate, on average player strength increases during the later stages of a round, so having the two strongest members of the team (and not barely strongest, they'll be vastly superior to the rest) play that early would go completely against that.
  2. It's just plain illogical in terms of strategy. Sure, Byoudouin and Duke would win that match for certain, but then you have nobody left who even stands a chance against Switzerland's top players. By putting Byoudouin/Duke in doubles you're basically throwing all the other matches. There's a reason we rarely see top player doubles.
I would like to add another point : why could Switzerland not change their mind seeing who would be in D1 and sending Amadeus there to counter Japan ? (since they can change line-ups according to what Tanegashima did) It wouldn't only prove that D1 is impossible but kinda useless as well.

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here is what Bydouin said to the team after the match against Greece:
"Although you guys won, if you let your guard down, we will be the one that lose. I have already told you guys don't underestimate the world, seems like some of you didn't listen to me. You, egg head (pointing to Oishi), Do you know how brainless you are? You might get Ochi into trouble if things didn't go well. If we lost the first match, the Greece will have better morale. You too, Tono, you were completely useless during the critical moment of the match because of your knee. Tanegashimi, how reckless are you to switch the order of the match! You guys all think about what I said!"

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ That actually sounds like what my parents would say XD

Artsci

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So there are two more chapters. Here is the summary:
Ch. 196
- The match was fulled of Australian supporters. Sanada and Yukimura felt pressured when the Australian national anthem was played.
- Sanada was overwhelmed by pressure and continued to double fault. Australian won the first game.
- Japan's opponents are two 3rd year HSers. One of them is the captain
- Sanada tried to calm down by singing the Japanese national anthem (not sure about this part). After that, he said it is time to begin their attack

Ch. 197
- Sanada and Yukimura attacked aggressively, Yukimura commented how strong the defensive skills their opponents had.
Memory scene of the Australian captain:
(The day before the match against Japan)
Random Australian player "Yeah, we beat the world number two, Switzerland!"
Captain: Guys, don't let your guard down, we still have two matches remaining
Dorgias: Do you guys think you can win without my advice? You trash!
Captain: Dorgias, I do admit we win because of you, but please stop causing trouble. Also, you should go apologize to the British coach and try to reconcile. Otherwise, you might be banned.
Dorgias: Who cares
Sanada and Yukimura's other opponent: Hey, can you stop bringing trouble to our captain and the team?
Dorgias was going to kick the Australian player and the rest of the team are scolding him.
Dorgias: Do you stupid guys think you can win without me?
The captain took a bow to Dorgias: Please forget what just happen. Please continue to assist Australia to conquer the world.
Dorgias: Then follow my training schedule and start training now

Next is the memory scene of Dorgias
Dorgias visited his younger brother who is blind. (I think his name is Noah)
Noah: Hi bro, I can smell apple!
Dorgias: I will peel one for you now
Noah: Congratulations for winning against Switzerland
Dorgias: That was because of you
Noah: Be carefully while peeling apples, you are the pride of Australia. If I didn't have problem with my eyes, I will definitely represent Australia too and we will fight together
Dorgias mind: I really don't want to stand on the court without you...

A memory scene inside the memory scene:
Noah was a talented tennis player and played doubles with Dorgias. They went to a tennis academy together. Dorgias was able to get into the academy just beause he was Noah's partner. However, Noah's eyes suddenly got problems and was kicked out by the academy meanwhile Dorgias remained in the team.

Back to the memory scene where Dorgias was visiting Noah
Noah: Bro, you guys are facing Japan tomorrow, it is going to be a tough match. Since Japan still has to play against Switzerland, they would probably send a team with lot of MSers. They would probably try to win D2 by sending two strong attacking players. Therefore, we should be sending two strong defensive players and try to win with counter-attack.
Narrator: Noah is the hidden tactician of Australia!

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks for all that. Do you have an idea of the titles of the chapters? Nice to know Dorgias has a soft spot. Also, have a clue on the captain's name?

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Sounds like Atobe power up will either be a bigger deal than we thought or he will gain another one during his match with Dorgias. Dorgias sounds like he's much stronger than his teammates.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm actually quite impressed by Sanada. He got his pace disturbed again right away, just like in the match against Tanegashima and Ohmagari, but instead of losing his cool like back then and needing to rely on his partner, he managed to regain his composure by himself pretty quickly.

I also wonder what the rest of Noah's strategy is. Australia has to use three MSers somewhere, so are those throwaway matches for him or do they actually have capable members there? I could see them going with 2 HSers in D2, a HS/MS pair in D1 and Dorgias in S3 if he wants to end it quickly. However, if this isn't the case, I do wonder if Dorgias will be S3 after all - after seeing the flashback I don't think he would sacrifice Noah's strategy just because Atobe challenged him. And in a line-up that doesn't aim for a quick 3-0, Dorgias would probably be S1 instead.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I also wonder what the rest of Noah's strategy is. Australia has to use three MSers somewhere, so are those throwaway matches for him or do they actually have capable members there? I could see them going with 2 HSers in D2, a HS/MS pair in D1 and Dorgias in S3 if he wants to end it quickly. However, if this isn't the case, I do wonder if Dorgias will be S3 after all - after seeing the flashback I don't think he would sacrifice Noah's strategy just because Atobe challenged him. And in a line-up that doesn't aim for a quick 3-0, Dorgias would probably be S1 instead.
That's what I've been guessing. If Dorgias is in singles 1 - Atobe will be too - then Japan will 3-2 Australia. If Dorgias is in singles 3, Japan will 3-0. The lineup would be Kintaro in singles 3, Oni in singles 2, Atobe in singles 1. Because Atobe needs his payback.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
Hmm... I wonder if Dorgias is really that strong as a player. Australia might need it because of "his" strategy, that doesn't mean he's the strongest player of the team. (so he could really be in S3 according to the strategy)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chapter thread:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...5-196-and-197-discussion-predictions.3006012/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So I've found one (1) whole line of spoilers, but we'll roll with it:

真田那招叫黑龍二重の斬
Source

It's got something to do with Black Aura. I can't tell if it means that Sanada just started using the version we already know or brought out the double clutch (google translate translates something as Black Dragon, but who knows if that's not just the translator messing up). From the comments in the thread I'm inclined to believe it's just the regular Black Aura, but @Artsci may correct me if I'm wrong.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Actually found a little more on 2ch. No pics, so not sure if it's legit, but here we go:

バレ

鉄壁の守備豪相手に幸村がまず聴覚を奪い
真田は一度打った打球を黒色のオーラに包み放つことで一度だけでなく二度も自在に操作することができる技
「黒龍一重の斬」「黒龍二重の斬」を完成させ1ゲーム奪い返す
相手は守備オーストラリアンフォーメーションで対応、黒なんとかはすぐ攻略されて5-1に
ぼっちの真田に幸村が話しかける回想に入ったところで終了
So this says that Sanada is using the double clutch here. Also, I think someone's lost their sense of hearing - probably the Australians but I can't say for sure. Despite Japan taking a game like this, it turns out they're actually trailing by 1-5, so they've got lots of catching up to do. The chapter ends on the flashback apparently.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Black Dragon would actually be a cool technique name.
I guess the guy who loses his hearing will be Chris. He'll slowly lose touch and sight. Leaving it to be 2 vs 1.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Both Chris and Jean might be affected by it, I can't tell. I'm not sure they're going to lose any other senses though, that would almost feel a little too easy. At the same time it's definitely a bigger detriment to lose your sense of hearing in doubles than in singles considering you can't easily communicate with your partner anymore. Also, from what I understand Australia got the 5 games with just their basic defensive play, so I wonder if they've got any special moves up their sleeves too.

Artsci

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Chris lost his hearing sense at the beginning. Sanada has mastered double clutch. Seems like his new move is called "Black dragon double clutch". Sanada kept on scoring by using single and double clutch alternately. The Australian captain admitted that it was a great move and they wouldn't be able to return it in single. Unfortunately, they are now playing doubles. So Jean moved toward the net meanwhile Chris staying at the back. After the ball changed its direction for the first time, Jean would close his eyes. If it was a single clutch, Chris will return the ball. If it was a double clutch, Chris will tell Jean that the ball bend twice and Jean would open his eyes and return the ball. In this case, the ball will only change direction once from the eyes of Jean. I have no idea how that works but this is what being said from the summary.

The Japanese HSers are surprised by Sanada mastering double clutch in such as short period of time and commented how unlucky he is to be facing such a strong defensive pair. At the end of the chapter, Japan is losing 1-5 and Sanada and Yukimura had a flashback of how they first met.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In this case, the ball will only change direction once from the eyes of Jean. I have no idea how that works but this is what being said from the summary.
It sounds like this might be connected to why Tanegashima couldn't return the double clutch the first time. Like it'd be too hard for them to react to the first change, start their swing and then restart it again once the ball bends a second time. By not reacting until after it bent once you remove the time it takes to stop the first swing I guess? Something like that.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So Jean himself admits that he wouldn't be able to beat Sanada and the double clutch if it was singles. Honestly, they are a terrible match up for him because their strong defensive skills. I do reckon that Sanada and Yukimura will make a comeback, if they lose again it'd be pretty lame (Sanada hasn't won a single match since the start of SPOT and Yuki just lost his last match).

I'm interested in the flashback, it's the one they used for the Yuki vs Sanada match in the OVA?

Usually after a flashback like that a comeback is bound to happen, so I guess I'll hold my prediction of Yuki and Sanada winning 7-5. Sanada could master the triple clutch and Yukimura should get something new, or maybe the ability to steal the senses of two persons at the same time. I thought that he wouldn't rely on Yips anymore after his last match, but if he got an even stronger mental move that surpasses Dream or a new technique it would be better for his development.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
@ Kaoz: I guessed Chris to lose his hearing because I don't see the captain losing his senses (lame reason I know). And according the Artsci, it was a right guess XD

@ Letalhawk: The whole match with Japanese losing could be the whole dream sequence XD On a more serious note, I do think Japan will catch up after the flashback. Its great to see Jean admit they'd lose in singles against Sanada.
It was Noah's idea. He believed Japan will send out their attackers in D2. So Australia sent out their best defenders as counters.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, chances are they'll catch up. I feel like the flashback is more indicative of a doubles skill though if it shows how they met and became friends etc. That said, I'm a little worried about their stamina. Yukimura's isn't that high to begin with and I can't imagine Sanada not needing more energy than usual to keep using the double clutch. Konomi could pull a GP vs St. Rudolph here, have Sanada and Yukimura catch up only to lose in the tiebreak - I don't expect this to happen, but it's at least a possibility in my mind.

Sanada could master the triple clutch and Yukimura should get something new, or maybe the ability to steal the senses of two persons at the same time. I thought that he wouldn't rely on Yips anymore after his last match, but if he got an even stronger mental move that surpasses Dream or a new technique it would be better for his development.
I don't think there's anything indicating that Yukimura would be unable to steal the senses of more than one person right now. I figured it's just that Jean has higher Mental than Chris.

That said, I am disappointed that he stole anyone's senses at all and I hope Konomi will address this in some way.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
That said, I am disappointed that he stole anyone's senses at all and I hope Konomi will address this in some way.
I thought that was Fuwa just dreaming about it?