I agree with you completely. But frankly I think the NFL could make the game safer if that's what their priority is. That's the problem. Their priority is making the game more "flashy" not safer.
The things they need to do to make it safer I think are fairly obvious.
They won't do any of those things because people like Goodell and the owners don't really care about injuries, they just want to look like they do.
The things they need to do to make it safer I think are fairly obvious.
- Shorter season.
- Two bye weeks per team.
- Increase rosters size by at least 20 players and the salary cap enough to cover that.
- No short weeks (so no Thursday games)
- Weight limit for players at various positions to lessen impacts.
- Strict steroid testing, so there are less superhumans out there.
- Loosen the rules on pass interference and enforce the rules on pick plays to slow the game down.
- Outlaw chop blocking in all situations.
They won't do any of those things because people like Goodell and the owners don't really care about injuries, they just want to look like they do.
.




