Re: Nisekoi Chapter 122 Discussion Thread
It's unfounded rumors! Nisekoi has a long life yet.
Indeed, judging by the pace, I can see Nisekoi ending anytime next year, second semester most likely.
---------- Post added May 22, 2014 at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was May 21, 2014 at 06:22 PM ----------
WSJ made an interview with nisekoi editor where he says many interesting things. Check it out here :
http://shonenjump.viz.com/node/2142
I'm going to comment some points later.
---------- Post added May 23, 2014 at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was May 22, 2014 at 02:27 PM ----------
Some points I found interesting:
"We’re actually producing this manga with the idea that we’ll stay away from panty and boob shots as much as possible..."
I'm glad to see that Naoshi-sensei and the editor always have this in their minds because one of the features that I like in Nisekoi the most is that it is free of ecchi. This declaration really reassured me, now I'm certain that they will not turn Nisekoi into a ecchi manga.
I’m talking about his panel layouts—the pacing and composition. For me, I consider having good artistic ability and good manga-writing ability to be two completely different things, whether it’s the use of space, the angles from which he draws the characters or the way he produces it. I’m always impressed with how Komi Sensei manages to draw in the reader. It’s completely different from simply being “good at drawing.”
Many people can say that he was pretentious because he is the editor and all and I'm suspect to talk about Nisekoi as well, but that's it.
I don’t think I could work on a manga like Nisekoi with all of its episodic content without the experience I gained working on Gin Tama.
Everybody complains about Nisekoi episodic nature (I don't know why) and they should try to understand this side to enjoy the series more.
WSJ: On another note, in Chapter 49, there’s a scene where Chitoge acknowledges her feelings for Raku. Was this development something you were planning from the beginning?
Saito: It sort of just ended up like that. We hadn’t planned it out intentionally. She followed her feelings, and that’s how it ended up.
Interesting. It is why the scene was so natural I guess. Many authors force the events, but everything led up to this.
Onodera is a pretty normal girl, so it’s easier to relate to her. You want to root for her, you know.
That's why I find her annoying! I'd like to root for her, but she doesn't do anything and I don't like to root for someone who doesn't give her all.
---------- Post added May 25, 2014 at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was May 23, 2014 at 04:18 PM ----------
Nisekoi will have an event on June 22th called Nisekoi Fes. Further information was not revealed.
---------- Post added May 26, 2014 at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was May 25, 2014 at 01:38 AM ----------
Nisekoi is everywhere, even in your cakes...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/471048150656876545[/tweet]