• Total voters

goldb

片翼の天使/ Katayoku no Tenshi
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A reminder the series is currently on a break (one of Oda's breaks) , with spoilers for ch985 expected week beginning 13th July. Ch985 will also be a double issue, meaning there will unfortunately be another break (WSJ magazine break) after this too. Reminders will be posted as we go along.

ch984 - current chapter - official online release 05/07
Oda Break
ch985 - spoilers from 13th July - official online release 20/07
WSJ Break
ch986 - spoilers from 27th July - official online release 02/08
ch987 - spoilers from 3rd Aug - official online release 09/08
WSJ Break

King Moe

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
And Kaido could have raised Yamato as a boy and told everyone he has a son instead of a daughter.
Basically she has strained relationship with her father kinda like few or some of Big Mom Pirates with Big Mom? I am not surprise given how he is. Guess Kaido is ashamed to have daughter and decide to have her live like a man.

My question is I wonder who is the mother?

Aki1991

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Basically she has strained relationship with her father kinda like few or some of Big Mom Pirates with Big Mom? I am not surprise given how he is. Guess Kaido is ashamed to have daughter and decide to have her live like a man.

My question is I wonder who is the mother?
Maybe Mulan style?

woefdram

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I wouldn't be surprised if she's 'the girl in the oni mask' that is forced to behave like a boy because Kaido wanted a son.
Checked last week's raw and it's not just Kaido, but also Yamato him/herself using 'boku' and 'musuko'

Still hope she turns out to be Komachiyo

Sereen123

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Before we run with the entire page 1 and ulti being the strongest “dinosaur” users let’s remember that doesn’t say strongest among flying 6. Especially since who’s who could be a saber tooth zoan

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
So Tekking was right, the mask were a sign of hiding a true gender. Oda certainly has goen with these tricks a lot in Wano Arc. And here I was hoping there was a son that talked with "boku".
all of this though makes Kaidos treatments even more sense
He did nto want a daugther, he wanted a son so Yamato was raised as such. And here is an Ace connection. The question though is what do Yamato indenfies as?
At least we got soem Oden connection.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this implies ace knew a ton about wano though,

funny would be ace befriended both yamato and kaido, but disagreed with kaido on how he did things, interesting twist would be kaido going to save ace not kill wb and shanks stopping him to preserve order loooool
how come wb pirates didnt know?

Shasha23

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

funny would be ace befriended both yamato and kaido, but disagreed with kaido on how he did things, interesting twist would be kaido going to save ace not kill wb and shanks stopping him to preserve order loooool
That would quite a twist, and seeing how Shanks is all about order and balance i wouldn't be surprised that he stopped Kaido from helping Whitebeard win the war.
Would be quite a shocker if its true and Luffy found out thats Shanks didnt want Ace saved and he has a fetish of disarming other people who oppose him.

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Oh look, here comes the "M.S. KatakurixYamato", it's a strong and reliable ship, you know... 😏

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That would quite a twist, and seeing how Shanks is all about order and balance i wouldn't be surprised that he stopped Kaido from helping Whitebeard win the war.
Would be quite a shocker if its true and Luffy found out thats Shanks didnt want Ace saved and he has a fetish of disarming other people who oppose him.
definitely a stretch though, might be the cause of even more beef between yamato and kaido
i am having fun with this though

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I am not surprised to read Page 1 and Ulti being the strongest (in term of durability or resistance) amongst the Beast Pirates.
They are too young and yet part of the "elite" of Beast Pirates, Beast Pirates are known for they physical ability.
Ulti is probably the genius one, she directly noticed Luffy's strength and transformed. She was also using Observation Haki.

I don't think X-Drake are stronger or more durable. X-Drake is about the same age as Law and Ulti-Page 1 are still teenagers.
Maybe X-Drake hides his true strength in order to have more freedom in Wano but there shouldn't be too much of difference.

On the other hand, Yamato being a real girl (if real of course and not like Kiku) is shocking and surprising. I was glad that for once Luffy was teaming with a man instead of a girl (Vivi, Shirahoshi, Rebecca, etc.). But the way Yamato attacked Ulti seemed "manly".
I think the spoiler is confusing and we should wait for more informations.

Also can anyone tell if in Japanese Kaido refers to Yamato as his "son" or as his "children", I know that sometimes it can be confusing.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
As concerning about Ulti and PO, I don't think when they said they are 'strongest' I think they mean more their group and only surpassed by the All-Stars/Calamities and Kaido themselves while T6H are all equal to each other as being strongest of them all, but it to show they are not fodder characters in upcoming fights. Still though don't think main forces will have much problem with them or even be their opponents in the long run.

fernandota123

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, nobody expected this revelation from Yamato, nice one Oda. Hope its really a female, and not some girly face man, like Inosuke from Kimetsu no Yaiba.
About Page1 and Ulti, i'm not a fan of this, Page1 already fight 2 times, and Ulti now 1. When they fight for real, its gonna be a little anticlimatic, since we already seen some moves and transformations...

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Since when are sons females?!
Maybe he ate a devil fruit that turned him into a woman, or so :errr or maybe he was subjected to an ability similar to Ivan's... no idea, but yeah its weird especially coz he used the pronoun "boku*" which is usually used by young males. Yeah im clueless too.

*Boku in Japanese (source wikipedia
僕 (boku) carries a masculine impression; it is typically used by males, especially those in their youth.

Sr.Enissay

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

It's hard to imagine Kaido and Ace as friends especially if Ace had seen the deeds of the snake and dragon Alliance before meeting in person with Kaido. I can't think of any similarities the two could based their friendship on.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let's assume that Yamato is really a woman. If Kaido did really wanted a boy instead of a girl, why he hasn't any other sons? And if he didn't want a daughter why he kept her close to him? I believe the mission assigned to the Flying Six and the reward for bringing Yamato alive proved how strong is Yamato and it seems her fighting style is similar to her father (I don't think they had a bad relationship until Yamato "inherited" Oden's will +/- and started to rebel).

goldb

片翼の天使/ Katayoku no Tenshi
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So the shocking news Kaido was going to reveal was that Yamato is his daughter and not son.
:XD now that would be something.

So according to ScotchInformer@AP, Kaido does indeed refer to Yamato as "son" in the japanese version (息子 ).

Maybe we're going to get just a really pretty transgender, like Kiku.

I'm really grasping at straws here but if Ace and Yamato were close, it could help in explaining how Ace appeared on Wano nearly 4 years ago and nothing came of it, in terms of Kaido sending anyone to capture him or any reports. Unless it really just wasn't set up that way back then.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are we sure this is real? I mean Monday spoilers aren’t unheard of but they are exceedingly rare...

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Once again Ace is involved with Wano. Yamato being a female is interesting. Would love to see her character fleshed out a bit more. The Nakama talks are a bit early imo