• Total voters

goldb

片翼の天使/ Katayoku no Tenshi
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A reminder the series is currently on a break (one of Oda's breaks) , with spoilers for ch985 expected week beginning 13th July. Ch985 will also be a double issue, meaning there will unfortunately be another break (WSJ magazine break) after this too. Reminders will be posted as we go along.

ch984 - current chapter - official online release 05/07
Oda Break
ch985 - spoilers from 13th July - official online release 20/07
WSJ Break
ch986 - spoilers from 27th July - official online release 02/08
ch987 - spoilers from 3rd Aug - official online release 09/08
WSJ Break

kg21tmac11

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
@King Moe

man, if you were unbiased.... I would genuinely enjoy your posts! Good call on sanji defeating PO. I, too, believe he will fight queen. Just based of hierarchy. So I am not sure if Oda is going to do a enies lobby style fighting or marine ford type of fighting with the exception of Kaido vs luffy.

As for yamato, will this be another transgender or is she an actual female? Since she/he is a swordsmen/woman, maybe another hookup with another swordsmen............ loooolll.

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Looking forward to the 1000th chapter, Oda is definitely going to reveal something big in that chapter. :spaz

King Moe

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@King Moe

man, if you were unbiased.... I would genuinely enjoy your posts! Good call on sanji defeating PO. I, too, believe he will fight queen. Just based of hierarchy. So I am not sure if Oda is going to do a enies lobby style fighting or marine ford type of fighting with the exception of Kaido vs luffy.

As for yamato, will this be another transgender or is she an actual female? Since she/he is a swordsmen/woman, maybe another hookup with another swordsmen............ loooolll.
I am unbiased, just don't wank when it's not shown capabilities of 'dot' someone is on that level when portrayal and writing is saying something else. Just keeping it balance on what Oda in showcasing. For example many thought Ulti was out for good after Yamato's attack, but she soon back on her feet, so just saying just be careful on what you think or it could show something different.

As for how, I think Oda is doing a mixture of both styles for upcoming war as it going to have a lot of fights and chaos around given many factors around, so be prepare for that.

From how spoilers show, think she is whole female otherwise they would have state her being one like Kiku saying she is guy, but female at heart like past spoilers on her reveal. Already hearing pairings for Luffy or Katakuri with this reveal lol, man, so not surprise this going around fast on that.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well Oda did say last SH member will be women long time ago, n from Kaido personality he sure want strong son, no wonder he force his kid to be strong either it man or women,,

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
@King Moe

I hadn’t thought of that but Sanji would be perfect for a fight with Queen, since he HATES okama.. well hate is a strong word, strongly dislikes women that aren’t women...

kg21tmac11

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am unbiased, just don't wank when it's not shown capabilities of 'dot' someone is on that level when portrayal and writing is saying something else. Just keeping it balance on what Oda in showcasing. For example many thought Ulti was out for good after Yamato's attack, but she soon back on her feet, so just saying just be careful on what you think or it could show something different.

As for how, I think Oda is doing a mixture of both styles for upcoming war as it going to have a lot of fights and chaos around given many factors around, so be prepare for that.

From how spoilers show, think she is whole female otherwise they would have state her being one like Kiku saying she is guy, but female at heart like past spoilers on her reveal. Already hearing pairings for Luffy or Katakuri with this reveal lol, man, so not surprise this going around fast on that.
Looll! Are you serious? I only said it as a joke but damn, that’s what is being said already. Only way we can confirm if Yamato is female is if sanji goes crazy over her lol. I think that would be a great indicator hahaha.

MUIMadara

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Law checks up on everyone from his submarine is hilarious. Playing it safe

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hadn’t thought of that but Sanji would be perfect for a fight with Queen, since he HATES okama.. well hate is a strong word, strongly dislikes women that aren’t women...
Queen isn't Okama. His attraction to Hiyori kinda push him away as he looks to like being with ladies more.

slavkovski

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Looll! Are you serious? I only said it as a joke but damn, that’s what is being said already. Only way we can confirm if Yamato is female is if sanji goes crazy over her lol. I think that would be a great indicator hahaha.
well.. sanji goes crazy over okiku though....

Federicoxxx

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
so, it could be a she? Alright i had no
problem with that.. seems skillfull tough

i can imagine sanji being jelous again when he found out yamato and luffy together

Erinyes

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Thinking about it, Yamato is a fan of Oden (maybe (s)he has met him ? and probably knows a lot about him) and Oden met Rogers. and (s)hes close to Ace, (aka roger's son), his dad is related to Rocks, and now Luffy (aka future PK), seems this person is close to/attracted by very important/influential people. Yamato might be a key character among those who knows a lot about, due to all this connexions. We may get some reveals Asap considering all his/her background :hmm

edit :
Also i mentioned last week that oda might have been inpired by Yamato Takeru story, and its interesting to note that Yamato Takeru was disguised as a maid in some part of the story :

wiki says :
Prince Takeru slew his elder brother Prince Ōusu (大碓皇子, Ōusu no Miko). His father, the emperor Keikō, feared his brutal temperament. To keep him at a distance, the father sent him to Izumo Province, today the eastern part of Shimane Prefecture, and then the land of Kumaso, today Kumamoto Prefecture. However, Takeru succeeded in defeating his enemies, in the latter case by cross-dressing as a maid attendant at a drinking party. One of the enemies he defeated praised him and gave him the title Yamato Takeru, meaning The Brave of Yamato. But Emperor Keikō's mind was unchanged.

Its an interesting theory, i highly doubt, though it might be,i cant tell, ofc. Oda did a fantastic job in this arc mixing all kind of references, from Japan History, to children tale ( Momotaro), and Japanese mythology (like Susanoo/yamata no Orochi).
Yamato's reference probably has to do with the Yamato Takeru story i find it pretty relevant, since, it seems his father wanted to kill him or to get rid of him (at least in this version, seems a lot of myths & legends have various variants)

Last edited:

xocolatl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
If Yamato witnessed Oden's death, she is more than 20 years old right now. A bit farfetched to imply her been "dating" Ace, but if they did hang out, Ace must have told her about Luffy

Now I'm confused why Ace would go to Wano before he joined WB... it's not as if Ace's been eyeing for the Road Poneglyph back then...

Any chance Yamato actually tricking Luffy?

Cavendish

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
That was some crazy spoilers... things are escalating now!

Shasha23

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Kinda looks like Nami with horns

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Yamato witnessed Oden's death, she is more than 20 years old right now. A bit farfetched to imply her been "dating" Ace, but if they did hang out, Ace must have told her about Luffy

Now I'm confused why Ace would go to Wano before he joined WB... it's not as if Ace's been eyeing for the Road Poneglyph back then...

Any chance Yamato actually tricking Luffy?
Are you saying Ace couldn't date a slightly older lady? He was a player, he could have anyone! lol

Demonspeed

Millennium Ring's Holder
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Can't fully trust that drawing and say that Yamato is really female. He could be a girly looking dude.

Did he add these breasts or not...

I don't think Ace dated her or anything. It would honestly make no sense. He would have left with her ten.