• Total voters

goldb

片翼の天使/ Katayoku no Tenshi
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A reminder the series is currently on a break (one of Oda's breaks) , with spoilers for ch985 expected week beginning 13th July. Ch985 will also be a double issue, meaning there will unfortunately be another break (WSJ magazine break) after this too. Reminders will be posted as we go along.

ch984 - current chapter - official online release 05/07
Oda Break
ch985 - spoilers from 13th July - official online release 20/07
WSJ Break
ch986 - spoilers from 27th July - official online release 02/08
ch987 - spoilers from 3rd Aug - official online release 09/08
WSJ Break

Pandora

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
O_0 What the hell , Yamato is a woman ???? How does that make any sense ????? Kaido is a drunk but no amount of alcohol should make you confuse your own kid's gender and no matter how drunk he is I would think Kaido still has the ability to tell a man and a woman apart especially if said person is his own child.

I'm gonna assume he is just big guy with androgynous looks like Kiku but if he is a she then WTH ? did he somehow meet with Iva and Kaido doesn't know that now he has a daughter instead of a son ?

Melmoth

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
There's many possibilities, One Piece tends to get dark with children. Kaido probably rebuked the idea of having a girl (Remember Zoro childhood) and ordered Yamato to pretend to be a boy / raised him as a boy, thus why she may be constantly wearing a mask as she seems to have grown into a beautiful woman and not a tomboy.

The shape of her breast kinda kills the idea of an androgynous looking boy.

Last edited:

xocolatl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Are you saying Ace couldn't date a slightly older lady? He was a player, he could have anyone! lol
Well, no... I am not doubting Ace charm... in fact, it gets things more interesting.

What if the next chapter Yamato showed Luffy a child?

"This is Ace's," she'd said.

Dibs on being the first one saying, "so the blood line of the Pirate King... still lives on!!!"

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, no... I am not doubting Ace charm... in fact, it gets things more interesting.

What if the next chapter Yamato showed Luffy a child?

"This is Ace's," she'd said.

Dibs on being the first one saying, "so the blood line of the Pirate King... still lives on!!!"
Unlikely, PK babies have 96 month terms....

roggie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So what's the story behind all these horned characters. Are page one and ulti from the same race as Kaido?

Is it possible the original text didn't say (kaidos) son but something more ambiguous?

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
wait, this is all confusing.... So Kaido states, "where is my son", Yamato shows up with a beard in the previous chapter, and now he's a girl??? I smell Ivankov happening...

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
For those saying Ace dated Yamato or something similar. I do not think so.
Remember, so far, Oda choose to not introduce romance. I don't think he will do it now.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
So what's the story behind all these horned characters. Are page one and ulti from the same race as Kaido?

Is it possible the original text didn't say (kaidos) son but something more ambiguous?
Kaido has the horns, the rest of his crew wears them I believe as a sign of being in the crew, theirs aren't real. Not sure why Kaido has them, and if his are real, I suppose Yamato's are as well.

Ottoman_Pasha

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kaido has the horns, the rest of his crew wears them I believe as a sign of being in the crew, theirs aren't real. Not sure why Kaido has them, and if his are real, I suppose Yamato's are as well.
After seeing them fight against Sanji and Luffy, it is for sure that Page One and Ulti are not "wearing" their horns. I believe they are the same race as Kaido and Yamato.

StrawHat 13

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well now we know why ONLY Perospero made it up the Waterfall.
Whether or not Big Mom's plan was to have Perospero to marry Yamato looks like that's all she's got.
what makes it worse-But Super F***ing Funny to us readers-is that we know how UTTERLY against the alliance Perospero is!
I can't wait for the panel of Perospero's Enel Face when he realizes that not only is he not going to be able to stop the alliance, instead he will be the stooge that solidifies it!
oh the Dramatic Irony🤣

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Well now we know why ONLY Perospero made it up the Waterfall.
Whether or not Big Mom's plan was to have Perospero to marry Yamato looks like that's all she's got.
what makes it worse-But Super F***ing Funny to us readers-is that we know how UTTERLY against the alliance Perospero is!
I can't wait for the panel of Perospero's Enel Face when he realizes that not only is he not going to be able to stop the alliance, instead he will be the stooge that solidifies it!
oh the Dramatic Irony🤣
That would be hilarious. I hope Oda does it.

chitgoks

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
that drawing really looks like a woman.

ZeroDark#13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So many mindblowing events have occurred in WANO right now. Hoping for chapter 1000 to be a blast

King Moe

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Being a transvestite doesn’t automatically mean you’re homosexual.
Wait when it's stated he is one? Doesn't hint anything on his character if your going by Queen nickname?

Reactions: Pea

Moegara

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I really don't feel like all this "Kaido wanted a male son so he forced his daughter to fake being a boy" is a thing though. Yamato is clearly too strong to bind since she seems stronger than Ulti and only a handful of people could keep her under watch. Going by her attitude and how happily she's helping Luffy out, she doesn't fear her father either. She may have just wore the mask during this festival to hide from her pursuers and make it easier to move around. If she was pretending to be a man she would have cut her hair shorter and wore bandages under her clothes or something. Most likely she would have been ordered to do so since she was little and would be too accustomed to "pretending to be a man" to not be a tomboy now.

I don't know, there are just too many things about that line of thought that don't add up for me, so far.

Kuina's case was different. She felt like being a girl would be problematic for her to become a strong swordswoman when she grows up but there's actually no evidence in the One Piece world of sex being a hindrance to become strong. Although she was defeated by some stairs.

Also, about those implying Yamato should be too old for Ace because she saw Oden's execution:

- Smoker isn't that old and he saw Roger's execution.

- Oden was executed years after Roger was.

- Ace was born very little after Roger's execution.

Ace and Yamato should be around the same age, unless I've got the timeline mixed up.

wait, this is all confusing.... So Kaido states, "where is my son", Yamato shows up with a beard in the previous chapter, and now he's a girl??? I smell Ivankov happening...
The beard could have just been part of the mask.

Last edited:

armycat23

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
For those saying Ace dated Yamato or something similar. I do not think so.
Remember, so far, Oda choose to not introduce romance. I don't think he will do it now.
He doesnt show the development of it in specifics, but he does bring to light romantic relationships. Dont you remember Senor Pink?

That baby that Makino has been carrying around for a while? No doubt we will get a little backstory on that later.

Federicoxxx

Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Lets NOT FORGET

"People who eat a successful SMILE fruit will permanently gain either a pair of horns on their head or the ears of the animal their fruit corresponds to"

However in some cases lets say Ulti
or Pageone i hardly doubt those ancient zoans comes from smiles.. they have Originals D.F even if they come from smiles their horns doesnt add up to their Dino powers.. so yes, IS not a fake fruit what they eat so neither the horns belongs in such category, it is something they Had all the time.. naturally, also neither had ears corresponding to Dinos.. so it is Definitly a RACe thing

i notice they completly lost them once a full transformation is complete..

however as long Hybrid form is maintained in ANY FORM ( notice how ulti never enter FULL transformation she attack luffy using 2 hybrids form.. in the last one she keep her normal head
she never goes against luffy at 100% transformation like pageone) they manage to keep thems

however page one had 2 horns in full transformation However those belong strictly to his dino original shape, they r not similars neither bicolor like when he is not transformed

i havent noticed... but i can be mistaken.. pageone Hybrid form doesnt have his bicolor horns also for some reason is not 100% neither since he keep his hair

i guess it depends of the user

Last edited: