Discussion - One Piece General SBS Discussion Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece General SBS Discussion Thread

Monkey.D.Bowes

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
IMO, the explanation about Smoothie's power was the most interesting thing in that SBS.

Using the water stored in her body , she could be a fatal enemy against any devil fruits's users except the Yonkos..

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
IMO, the explanation about Smoothie's power was the most interesting thing in that SBS.

Using the water stored in her body , she could be a fatal enemy against any devil fruits's users except the Yonkos..
For it to be "fatal" she'd have to submerge more than half of their body in water and keep it that way for a while, which is pretty much impossible to do unless Smoothie somehow managed to put them in a box or tank of some sort...

Otherwise just drenching them in water wouldn't do anything.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is one of the more informative SBS in my recent memory. First of all Big Mom is a savage; her stealing husbands in order to breed is probably why we haven't seen any in Totto Land besides Pound. Out of curiosity, I want to know who Katakuri's( by extention Oven and Daifuku's) father is.

The second of Oda's answers that stood out to me is the fact that Shakky could have been a part of Rocks. The fact that he hasn't given a straight answer means that's likely to be the case. I'm annoyed at myself because I didn't put 2 and 2 together; because when we were first introduced to Shakky she mentioned being a pirate about 40 years ago and Garp used to chase her.:bored

Also dark timeline 60yo Sabo looks like Doc Brown; eithe way he's hilarious.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, there can be only one!

You see, the resemblence is uncanny... also, Over has shown tremendous resiliences... :XD:XD
See, I did think about that after finding this out(Big Mom and stolen husbands). But more because of Katakuri and less because of his resemblance with Oven.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well if we are being serious, its definitely a no simply becuase of hair color.... Again, i am not sure how much her ability has to do with the birth of her kids...

From the monster triplets, all of them show unique physical traits so Mama could be having single pregnancy of triplets with multiple fathers (someone in the form pointed that it is possible in real life too)... atleast that'll explain how the triplets differ.

xocolatl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, there can be only one!

You see, the resemblence is uncanny... also, Over has shown tremendous resiliences... :XD:XD
Wow, does this make Perospero Streusen's child, then? They had similar nose... :derp

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, Perospero's case is probably more likely but the sound of it is cringworthy.

ThatOtherGuy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Wow, does this make Perospero Streusen's child, then? They had similar nose... :derp
Not really a similar nose when you look at them side by side.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some SBS info from Vol 91:

Credits to @redon
Galette has Bata Bata no Mi (butter butter no Mi). She is a Butter Human.

Morley has the Oshi Oshi no Mi and built the area in Impel Doen that would later become Newkama Land. He/she is currently 160 years old and was once imprisoned in Impel Down 100 years ago as a pirate.

Zoro at age 40:
"Its four sword style Zoro...!!"

Zoro at age 60:
"Its five sword style Zoro...!!"

If something went wrong timeline

Zoro at age 40:
"This wound from a sword on my back hurts!"

Zoro at age 60:
"I gave dogeza, so give me some money."

Info from Vol.91 SBS.
Photos credit to @TalkOP

1. Mr. Trafalgar D Water Law, upon seeing a robot.

2. In Ch. 907, Hina called Garp "Garp-kun" despite the fact that Hina is a rear admiral while Garp a vice admiral.
According to Oda, Hina doesn't call every powerful person with the suffix "kun". Garp doesn't care about ranks when he makes friends and he gets along well with Hina. It feels like that they are two people who joined the marine together at the same time (note that Garp is 78 this year and Hina is 34.)

3. Galette is confirmed to be a DF user. Her devil fruit is Bata Bata no Mi (Butter Butter Fruit), since she is the Minister of Butter in Tottoland, her DF power makes perfect sense. She used her power to trap Nami.

4. Info of the 4 Commanders of the Revolutionary Army.

Karasu:
Hobby: Volunteering
Favorite food: Weiner
Food he dislikes: All the chicken dishes

Lindbergh:
Hobby: Board game
Favorite food: Hamburger
Food he dislikes: Cookies

Belo Betty:
Hobby: Growing vegetables at home
Favorite food: Almond
Food she dislikes: Mayonnaise

Morley:
Hobby: Karaoke, taking a walk in the earth
Favorite food: Bagna càuda - see Wikipedia page
Food he/she dislikes: Fish

5. 40 y.o. & 60 y.o. Zoro

Normal version:
Age 40: I am Yontoryu no Zoro! (*4 swords)
Age 60: I am Gotoryu no Zoro! (*5 swords)

"Something must have gone wrong" version:
Age 40: I'd better stop biting my katana... The wound in my back hurts so much~~~~~
Age 60: I'm gonna dogeza, so just borrow me money!

6. Regarding Pangaea Castle in Mary Geoise.
A reader asked if we can think of "Pangaea" as "One Piece" since the continent Pangaea was a supercontinent which is in a way "one piece" of all the continents on earth.
Of course Oda said "I won't answer this question", which might indicate that the Pangaea Castle has certain significance in the main storyline.

7. Morley's DF is confirmed: Oshi Oshi no Mi (Push Push Fruit).
Oda confirms Morley to be the person who dug up the New Okama Paradise in Impel Down (Lv 5.5).
Morley's DF power can push and break various types of stuff. It is possible for him/her to push the earth and dig up a hole underground.
Morley is 160 y.o. this year. More than 100 years ago, when he/she was a violent pirate, Morley got arrested and dug up that space in Impel Down. He/she escaped the prison without other people ever knowing, but got involved in some event. Actually he joined the Revolutionary Army only recently. Morley and Ivan-san get along quite well, but Ivan-san was sent to Impel Down. Although Ivan-san turned the hole Morley dug into the New Okama Paradise, he/she doesn't know that the hole-digging DF user was Morley.

Note: Morley is the same age (160 y.o.) as Dorry and Brogy. Dorry and Brogy started dueling 102 years ago, former pirate Morley got caught more than 100 years ago.
We don't know if Morley is from Elbaf, or if Morley knows Dorry and Brogy & vice versa, or if Morley had ever joined the Giant Warrior Pirates, but it doesn't hurt to guess.

That's all for today, thanks for your time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There's a more in depth summary HERE.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
@goldb
Thanks for that....

It was quite an interesting SBS IMHO. The best part i thought was addressing Yonkou commanders bounty and the line that translates to, " its usually hard to measure the strength of the individual and assign money to a perfect scale"

With all that Bounty and strength talk, we never discussed about how bounties are actually higher because of the Captain's bounty. That completely scales off the increases.
You can also argue that within a crew, bounties could indicate the true strengths, in some cases atleast.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also that Morley actually built impel down tunnels and was a pirate 100 years ago is a nice confirmation.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The best part of that for me was confirmation that Morley was indeed the one who dug Newkama land. I think a few people had also guessed that the first time we saw him use his devil fruit abilities. It's interesting though that Iva doesn't know about it, but I guess it could be a case of Morley having joined the RA shortly before Iva was incarcerated and so they've not had an opportunity to really talk about it.

You can also argue that within a crew, bounties could indicate the true strengths, in some cases atleast.
In some cases yes, in most cases I'd say it depends on the crew whether the bounties its members have is flattering or too little for the pirate's actual strength.

I wonder if any of the other SH fleet commanders had bounties prior to Dressrosa. If not, then they would have a 50m initial bounty. I'd be shocked for example, if Hajrudin didn't have a bounty.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder if any of the other SH fleet commanders had bounties prior to Dressrosa. If not, then they would have a 50m initial bounty. I'd be shocked for example, if Hajrudin didn't have a bounty
Hajrudin was aligned with Buggy, a shichibukai so i highly doubt his bounty would've gone up. Maybe now but not when they were in dressrosa.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Sai was a pirate, and a member of the Happo Navy. He was even somewhat famous, so he probably had a bounty. He does seem the type to have more than 100,000,000 for me.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sai was a pirate, and a member of the Happo Navy. He was even somewhat famous, so he probably had a bounty. He does seem the type to have more than 100,000,000 for me.
The Happo Navy was in service of the Kano Country, that's why Chinjao has a former Bounty. He was pardoned through the Kano King.

So it is very unlikely that Sai has a Bounty. How could he go to Levely?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SBS Translation
credits: BOCCHI@OroJackson

Pg. 1

Oda: Ah, the radio show is starting!

D: Coming from ..... its a request from Oda Eiichiro-kun! The song is SBS IS ST-ST-STARTING!! (theres something else here but I don't get it)

Oda: It started from the radio!!!?

D: It might be too quick to ask, but why have you been using the sound effects [Beben] and [Ben] in Wano so far? P.N. Bebebe-n

O: Yes you're right. Up until now, it was always [Don] or [Dodon]. I have been using [Ben!] because its the sound that an instrument called a Biwa (Japanese lute) makes. However, I've been drawing a Shamisen being played instead. So when we get to this scene in the anime, I'm hoping they can put on a good production with the sound mixing team. I'm counting on you Toei Animation!!

D: I have a question, Odacchi. The women you draw almost always have a large bust. When they're in Wano, they all wear kimonos and I've noticed that their busts get hidden away. I'm curious. Is it really okay even if Japanese women don't have big busts??? P.N. Chii-chan

O: Yes, this topic. Before, when I didn't know much about kimonos, I drew chests with their normal emphasis. However, I received a lot of letters from fans who were kimono pros telling me women with large busts would purposefully find ways to hide them to emphasize the beauty of their silhouette as well as teaching me tips on how they do this. Well in the end, the way anybody wears their clothes is up to them but I was convinced that the beauty of kimono lies in the silhouette (body line) so that's what I've been emphasizing in my drawing! If they took them off, it would be incredible!!

Pg. 2

General gist here is someone who submitted fanart is now an author of a new Jump series [NeO;lation] - doesn't seem One Piece related but let me know if people want this translated!

D: Hello Oda-sensei!! It's my first time contributing to SBS!! Zoro is in possession of the three swords Wado Ichimonji, Sandai Kitetsu, and Shusui. If the strikeout (?) power of these three took the form of people, what would they look like? (In other words, can you do a personification of them!!)

O: Got it.

• Left: Wado Ichimonji

• Middle: Sandai Kitetsu

• Right: Shusui
Its done. The personification was a success.

Pg. 3

D: Back on Zou, when Momonosuke mentioned that he met Roger, I thought that for some reason or another, this was an adult that became a child and was using his position as a child to get spoiled by Nami-san and Robin-chan. Now that we know that Momonosuke is someone who leapt through time and whose actual age is still 8 years old, doesn't that mean he is just a normal Perverted Kid!? P.N. Taku Miso

O: Think about it. Remember what it was like when you were an 8 year old boy. That's right, you were a pervert. All young boys are perverted!!

D: I have a wholesome question! I figured out why men want to become Nami's slave. It's because she has two huge "Kibi Dangos" right? P.N. Sanada-chi

O: Go home Sanada

D: In Ch. 909, was the carpenter boss that appeared in Wano the same one that was introduced in the Volume 7 SBS, [Minatoma-san]? P.N. Yacchi

O: Yes he is!! Back then, he was fixing the broken door to the bar in Foosha village. He was introduced as [Carpenter Minatoma]-san, exclaiming "Who did this!?". And now, he somehow ended up in the New World in the closed bordered country of Wano! Isn't that weird!? That's right, they actually aren't the same person! They have the same last name because they're related by blood. The fact of the matter is, a ship from Wano reached East Blue a few decades ago.

One of the descendants of someone on that ship is a person that everybody is familiar with...

This part might be featured later in the main story so I won't mention any more than that. It isn't going to be a major plot line, it will just be a minor story.

Pg. 5

D: Odacchi-dono! I have a question-degozaru!! The building the appeared in Wano, it has everything from roundness, distortion, to a feeling of commitment-degozaru but is that thing above the Sumo Ring a hanging roof? Is that roof floating!?? P.N. Director's Nurse

O: Ah yes. It is floating. No, actually, it is flying. It's a kite. In order to show the performance inside the ring, the roof usually hangs from the ceiling. Since Sumo is performed outside in Bakura Town, the roof flies up instead. It looks heavy but it's actually very light. To explain that it was a kite would have taken too much time in the story so if you want, you can think of it as a balloon instead!

Note: This makes much more sense if you look up a photo of a sumo ring

D: Odacchi!! I noticed something. In Volume 91, Ch. 916, Pg. 116 when Luffy defeated "Yokozuna" Urashima there was a flag that read [猛岩斧関] (Fierce Boulder Axe Gate (?)). Back in Volume 1, Ch.4, there was a character named "Axe-hand Morgan" right!? Could it be that Morgan was actually originally from Wano?? I'm right aren't I?? - from Riku-kun

O: Well spotted! Indeed it is related to Morgan. "Indeed"!? This was actually a joke by the background artists of this scene. It was a situation of "Our staff" VS "Readers" (LOL). In Wano, because all the store signs and embellishments are in Japanese, I needed to come up with words to fill them all. It was really hard to come up with what words to tell my artists to write in for each one so I asked them to just hide words related to [ONE PIECE] around the background. In that same panel, you can see [Kanji too hard] written as well. So what do you think these are related to? (LOL). There are probably more words hidden in other panels as well!!

Pg. 6

D: Oda-sensei!! Please tell us the favourite and least favourite foods of the seven commanders of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet!! P.N. Rabbit Princess

O: Coming right up.

• Cavendish - Favourite: Roses; Hated: Ramen
  • Bartolomeo - Favourite: Cheap sweets; Hated: Vegetables
  • Don Sai - Favourite: Bento from his beloved; Hated: Crab
  • Ideo - Favourite: Doner Kebab; Hated: Pork
  • Leo - Favourite: Pumpkin; Hated: All spicy foods
  • Harjudin - Favourite: Meatballs; Hated: Semla
  • Orlumbus - Favourite: Boiled eggs; Hated: Fanciful cooking.
D: Odacchi, I have a request! I know other readers must have said "I want to see what Nami and Robin look like in the future" but DEFFFFFFFFINITELY do not draw them please! PLEASE!!! P.N. 420 Rando

O: Eh...You're not convincing anyone there huh....

• Age 40: Come back again once you become an adult <3

• Age 60: Me? I passed 40 a long time ago <3 Fufufu
A future where "something" happens

• Age 40: Hand over the money I tell you!!!

• Age 60: Won't you buy my magic pot?
Yes, I finished drawing Nami! Robin will have to wait for the next request to come in

Credit goes to Media from reddit.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Zoro = Rayleigh and Shakky = Nami confirmed....? Atleast they look damn the same.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nami looking like Shakky is the first thing that crossed my mind with that 60yo version. She's got that Victoria Cindry hairstyle though.

The drawings of Zoro's swords are definitely not what I would've expected. Especially for Shusui.