Movie - One Piece Live Action | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movie One Piece Live Action

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Lemme get up and start watching
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let's have our own little reviews :)

EpisodeRatingLikesDislikesAdditional Comments
1: Romance Dawn/10
2: The Man in The Straw hat/10
3: Tell no Tales/10
4: The Pirates are coming/10
5: Eat at baratie/10
6: The Chef and the Chore boy/10
7: The girl with the Sawfish Tattoo/10
8: Worst in the East/10
Overall rating

Last edited:

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
God, I hope it flops...

Agerdem

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Aland Islands
What do we want?

Actually we have examples from Batman Series. There are two good options:
1- Stick the manga and make a Tim Burton style Live Action
2- Make it more realistic (compared to our real world) and make a Nolan style Live Action

But there is a third "bad" option which is a mixture of abovementioned both. I think netflix chose the third option.

I dont understand (for all of anime live actions), why customes of everyone pretend to be posturised. Is it hard to show a custome shagged?

What do we want?

Actually we have examples from Batman Series. There are two good options:
1- Stick the manga and make a Tim Burton style Live Action
2- Make it more realistic (compared to our real world) and make a Nolan style Live Action

But there is a third "bad" option which is a mixture of abovementioned both. I think netflix chose the third option.

I dont understand (for all of anime live actions), why customes of everyone pretend to be posturised. Is it hard to show a custome shagged?
also,

why does Mihawk's sword seem plastic?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
What do we want?
Don't do live action?

For me it was a mistake right from the start.

There is literally nothing that attracts me to this stuff, nothing.

Hateful actors (the one who plays Luffy inspires me to dislike, I can't watch him), ridiculous special effects, very fake amnientations....

I sincerely hope it flops and won't be talked about again for at least another ten years.

Aki1991

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Don't do live action?

For me it was a mistake right from the start.

There is literally nothing that attracts me to this stuff, nothing.

Hateful actors (the one who plays Luffy inspires me to dislike, I can't watch him), ridiculous special effects, very fake amnientations....

I sincerely hope it flops and won't be talked about again for at least another ten years.
It must be sad to be so bitter...

I think everything looks good so far.

Ottoman_Pasha

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Japanese version of the trailer:

I watched it today and have mixed feelings now. I was very eager to watch the traile with the original voices dub. Yes it feels nice to hear them on actual humans but I unexpectedly have a cringy feeling because I couldn't sync the image and the voices in my head. And without any doubt, technically considered, the lip sync is terribly bad.

On the other hand, if you consider that Oda created these characters based on different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, isn't it perhaps better if we decouple ourselves from the One Piece anime and review this as a new and unique live action adaptation of the manga? Honestly, Godoy has his own quality in his voice giving life to Luffy. The other characters too. With the Japanese dub I feel like a third, unsuited radio signal interfering in my brain.

Strange... I was totally hyped but now I'm deeply confused. Well, at worst I can watch it both :)

One more point: Here we can see how important it is for the actors to open the mouth properly when they speak! Just look at Buggy's scene at 1:27 where the lip sync fits perfectly. Okey he is screaming but look at the whole trailer with this in my mind and you'll notice what I mean in general.

Last edited:

Ottoman_Pasha

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, quality.
Do you mind sharing us any grounded arguments where you think his voice acting is not quality?
That you simply fundamentally detest the idea of a live action adaption has already come over.
I haven't read any substantial critique from you though.

Last edited:

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
God, I hope it flops...
Dude I get being worried or cynical, but this is such a shit stance to have if you're a fan of a thing.

Hateful actors (the one who plays Luffy inspires me to dislike, I can't watch him),
What the hell are you talking about? Godoy seems like the least hateful person I've ever seen on a screen lol, he pretty perfectly embodies what makes Luffy Luffy. That notorious hermit Oda invited him into his office and hugged him ffs

Ottoman_Pasha

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What the hell are you talking about? Godoy seems like the least hateful person I've ever seen on a screen lol, he pretty perfectly embodies what makes Luffy Luffy. That notorious hermit Oda invited him into his office and hugged him ffs
On top of that, his physical appearence and character in general matches Luffy quite good.
Honestly, I can understand that for some, even the idea of a live action OP is unbearable and they are of course entitled to share their feeling about this.
But not giving it even the slightest of a chance is blind hatred.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO WHOLESOME

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

I watched it today and have mixed feelings now. I was very eager to watch the traile with the original voices dub. Yes it feels nice to hear them on actual humans but I unexpectedly have a cringy feeling because I couldn't sync the image and the voices in my head. And without any doubt, technically considered, the lip sync is terribly bad.

On the other hand, if you consider that Oda created these characters based on different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, isn't it perhaps better if we decouple ourselves from the One Piece anime and review this as a new and unique live action adaptation of the manga? Honestly, Godoy has his own quality in his voice giving life to Luffy. The other characters too. With the Japanese dub I feel like a third, unsuited radio signal interfering in my brain.

Strange... I was totally hyped but now I'm deeply confused. Well, at worst I can watch it both :)

One more point: Here we can see how important it is for the actors to open the mouth properly when they speak! Just look at Buggy's scene at 1:27 where the lip sync fits perfectly. Okey he is screaming but look at the whole trailer with this in my mind and you'll notice what I mean in general.
I liked everyone. Only Luffy felt a it off to me at times but that's because they definitely don't want him to be the exact same character.

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dude I get being worried or cynical, but this is such a shit stance to have if you're a fan of a thing.
What's wrong with hoping it flops?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO WHOLESOME
Oh my God, why ?

He has an incredible ass face, he just inspires me to dislike skin.

And Luffy should be a nice brat who inspires sympathy and trust, Godoy inspires me nothing but dislike..

On top of that, his physical appearence and character in general matches Luffy quite good.
But absolutely not.

It doesn't even fit with age

Ottoman_Pasha

Reaction score
Country
Germany
And Luffy should be a nice brat who inspires sympathy and trust, Godoy inspires me nothing but dislike..
You are incredibly alone with this utter hate towards Godoy.
Believe me 99,99% of people would describe this man as "likeable".
Even if he'd only be acting, this guy would still absolutely bank the definition "a nice brat who inspires sympathy" !
Heck man, even Oda says in the interview that he is just like the character and that he intuitively thought "That's Luffy!" when he first saw his audition.

I liked everyone. Only Luffy felt a it off to me at times but that's because they definitely don't want him to be the exact same character.
It's not like the voices didn't suit the actors. I don't know, somehow whenever I hear the anime voices it's like their animated image pops in my mind an interferes with the live action characters. And the bad lip sync strengthens this weird feeling.

You are right. Godoy is giving life to a new and different Luffy. I genuinely started liking him.

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
You are incredibly alone with this utter hate towards Godoy.
Believe me 99,99% of people would describe this man as "likeable".
I may be the only one in the world, but what can you do? To me that ass face just inspires the desire to slap him.

Even if he'd only be acting, this guy would still absolutely bank the definition "a nice brat who inspires sympathy" !

Except it doesn't inspire them.

Ottoman_Pasha

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can't do nothing, you are right...

And... he can also draw!

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
We have two different conceptions of knowing how to draw.

I don't pretend to be right, I expect someone to understand me...

Oh my God, why ?

But absolutely not.

It doesn't even fit with age
I may be the only one in the world, but what can you do? To me that ass face just inspires the desire to slap him.

Except it doesn't inspire them.
I've had so many slapfights on this site in my long tenure since 2006- ask basically anyone that recognizes me.

But holy macaroni I've never seen somebody be so absolutely confident and extraordinarily wrong about a matter of personal taste. You've dethroned Hannibal Psyche, congratulations.

We have two different conceptions of knowing how to draw.
Also I'm not sure if you know how to draw or not but Inaki's draftsmanship isn't bad at all, so you really went the extra mile and were not just wrong about personal taste, but technical skill. Good lawd.

Because it's needlessly-cynical fan-douchebaggery that's embarrassing to the rest of us.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But holy macaroni I've never seen somebody be so absolutely confident and extraordinarily wrong about a matter of personal taste. You've dethroned Hannibal Psyche, congratulations.
But why does it bother you so much if someone sucks this stuff?

What, you don't want to bear the idea that Oda is involved in something bad?

Don't worry, he'll be the first to disavow this stuff

but Inaki's draftsmanship isn't bad at all,
I beg to differ.

He's a dog at drawing as much as he is at acting.

Because it's needlessly-cynical fan-douchebaggery that's embarrassing to the rest of us.

I keep hoping it flops honestly.

At least I won't have to put up with news of this stuff and pictures of the actors anymore.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
But why does it bother you so much if someone sucks this stuff?

What, you don't want to bear the idea that Oda is involved in something bad?

Don't worry, he'll be the first to disavow this stuff

I beg to differ.

He's a dog at drawing as much as he is at acting.

I keep hoping it flops honestly.

At least I won't have to put up with news of this stuff and pictures of the actors anymore.
Dude you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I don't criticize Oda and the manga industry's general complicity in hyping up shit movies/adaptations.

He's already seen it and he's still gassing it, why the fuck would he disavow it?

Lol learn to draw then have this sort of insult

Then you could always just *not post about it*, and then like magic you'd see less people talking about it because they wouldn't feel compelled to reply to this garbo. You are doing pop culture masochism.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy