1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. Congratulations to MarmaladeSky for winning the Witch Halloween Special Art contest!

Voting has begun for the Winter Art Contests: Avatar & Signature Set, Photography and Short Stories .

This is the final scheduled contest for the year and we would like to say a big thank you to all those who have participated and engaged in the Contests and the Art community in general throughout the year. Your contributions were invaluable!!
  3. The Husbando Wars have finally begun! Nominate your Husbando now!
  4. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Discussion in 'One Piece' started by Uriel, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Beagopa

Beagopa Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    That is exactly my point. There is nothing wrong with comparing Ace to people like Kata but stopping short of people like the Yonko. That still means Ace is comparable to the top 1% of fighters in One Piece.

It’s just that there is a big gap between the strongest and weakest within that 1%. Even the weakest character in that group is a monster.

2. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United Kingdom
    My point is, he's revered as much weaker.

3. Beagopa

Beagopa Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    I guess I just don’t see those posts as much as you do. I usually see people comparing Ace to other people who I would also place in that top 1%. I don’t see people debating whether Ace is as strong as Coby. It’s more people debating about Ace being as strong as Luffy or Sabo or Marco.

4. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche Registered User

United Kingdom
    Fair point.

You read threads like this: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/ace-was-kind-of-weak.2998403/page-4

You'll see what I mean and even now. Vastly underrated.

The idea that people questioned if he had Haki despite his standing, time in the New World, ability to fight Jinbe and his pedigree, it is pretty preposterous. Some things do not need explicit evidence, just benefit of the doubt. We haven't seen Aokiji, Kizaru or Jack use Haki, but we give them the benefit of the doubt due to their standing and the fact that it is reasonable.

5. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    Ace has Conqueror's Haki, and it's not unreasonable at all to believe he can use Armament and Observation.

In any case, reread the Paramount War, and it made me fall in #NoHomo love with Luffy even more, from his refusal to give up to how he got Whitebeard to believe in him and see him as one of the ones that Roger was looking for. Plus, the feels when Ace died, the flashback, and Luffy crying, and then realizing he still had his crew. That was done so well. Even the flashback was decent, and Oda sucks at flashbacks.

6. Farfalla

Farfalla Honorary Viking

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Mangahelper

Norway
    Brace yourselves: the Husbando Wars are coming on Dec 13th!
    Prepare your heart to engage and your blood pressure to survive the salt~​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Erinyes likes this.
  7. Shobu_Yoruichi

Shobu_Yoruichi Registered User

Chile
    JINBE AS STRAWHAT'S CREWMEMBER CONFIRMED!!

[​IMG]

Jinbe is introduced as a member of Straw Hats in Kurumazaki Shrine in Kyoto known as spiritual spot for entertainment industry. People need to pay 90 dollars to get his name featured on the red fence called Tamagaki. Shonen Jump office/Shueisha paid for it.

Source:

8. Greyback

Greyback Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Belgium
    Hey guys, I was wondering. If there is a Human Type Zoan category, is there a Mink Type Zoan category? That would be awesome that one of Kaido's calamities has a Mink Zoan fruit, he could "counter" the full moon form of the Minks in the alliance!

9. Fox666

Fox666 Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Brazil
    Yes, there may be a Hito Hito no Mi: Model Mink or a Hito Hito no Mi: Model Giant, etc.

10. goldb

goldb Grumpy Overlord

Administrator

United Kingdom
    Personally speaking, I wouldn't want there to be any more hito hito no mi models besides what we already have.
    I don't think there should be fruits that act as replacements to races that we have, especially for humans/giants/minks. For the latter, we don't really even NEED a hito hito no mi for that, there are plenty of furred zoans out there.

11. Farfalla

Farfalla Honorary Viking

Mangahelper

Norway
    Hide your wives, the Husbando Wars is on! *-*
    Time to submit your nomination~

[​IMG]

12. Vizard

Vizard Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Genosha
    sandman (AP) full translation for Oda's message in Jump Festa today.

"Hi, I'm Oda. Are you enjoying Jump Festa? I'm watching OP Super Stage with you. It's fun, indeed. Actually I visit Jump Festa every year to have a dinner with Straw Hats VAs after JF.

By the way, ONE PIECE will finally enter Wano next year!! (cheers!!) Some well-informed audience might think, "You said the same thing last year, right?" Yes, I did say that because I thought OP would be able to enter Wano in 2017. This time I'd like to add new information.

I'll introduce one of the legends which lurks in ONE PIECE world. The legend will be the greatest enemy ever for Straw Hats which hinders their way. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard. Oops, it seems I'm being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look "cute" compared to "that"?

Anyway, there are tons of stuffs I wanna draw next year as well. I'll keep moving forward with my full force!! I'm sure you're gonna LOVE it!!"

[​IMG]

Enima and Brandish like this.