Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 209 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally stopped watching it. I am just waiting to see how they will animate Gear 5

I will say it: the era of an ongoing anime serie is over imo. You cannot consistently produce quality episodes under such schedule. That isn't to say that seasons style schedule yields better results (depends on the studio), but it is generally better. I am watching Bleach and Chainsaw Man at the moment, and the quality is just amazing.
I wish One Piece did what Naruto & Bleach did by just having filler arcs. Heck they could even do poor quality filler arcs and save the budget for the non filler arcs. At the end of the day you're right seasonal is just the way to go now. Though with Bleach it's strange since the new anime is gonna be like 60+ episodes which definitely is longer than seasonal anime these days. If it is able to sustain the quality all the way through maybe it can act as a revitalization of quality medium length anime.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So how many people here are excited to see Carrot, Rebecca, and Paulie fight alongside Luffy in the final war?

Bandit99

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So how many people here are excited to see Carrot, Rebecca, and Paulie fight alongside Luffy in the final war?
Not in the slightest. All boring/weak characters to me

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
is that rabbit in the middle some kind of easter egg ?

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
tnx for the explanation
not that i am against certain mink tribe members to show up again...

ShanksTheBest

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hi i found that an interest info to share with you guys :fiesta.

it says :
The Gura Gura no Mi fruit, it shakes the air and divides the sea and creates strong waves which is why they call it "The strongest kind of Paramecia fruit".

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Oda already stated it to be the strongest Paramecia in an SBS

Interesting enough, it seems it's power are only equal to a Logia, not superior

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I've always found that bit to be weird tbh. Oda also said the magma fruit has the strongest offensive power of all fruits. But... how is the power of magma greater than light or electricity? The yami fruit controls gravity. And there are plenty of paramecia that seem to be at least in the ballpark of logias. Doflamingo's, robin's, perosperos and big mom's fruits seem particularly potent. Logias are still particularly dangerous of course but once you have the haki to cause damage to their physical forms the gap is at least substantially reduced. There's some wonky logic at play here.

JStackz26

Reaction score
Country
United States
These people just blew it for me with the whole the star takes the stage stuff in the anime.
Why is so necessary for the downplay of Sanji and playing up Zoro. Zoro to Luffy doesn't get that same treatment.
Marco was originally fighting King and Queen solo, Sanji stepped in, Marco did one last block of King's attack and said he is bowing out the battle and leaving them to Sanji and Zoro. Craziness.

I do look that the anime gave a clear depiction of ryuma and ushimaru heavily looking like Zoro.
In fact this episode put some emphasis on both Sanji's ancestry and Zoro's possibly.
Funny Ryuma protected Wano from invaders and Germa conquered kingdoms.

Another thing, this whole Sanji no Haoshoku Haki thing, while it happened for Zoro and we won't know until it does or doesn't happen for Sanji, I'd say Sanji not being able to have it because it has to be inherited is nonsense. This latest episode hints Zoro and Ryuma might be related generationally. Quite possible just like how only Katakuri has conquerer's Haki among all his siblings that it can skip generations. Some big things in a Sanji retrieval WCI arc were Big Mom and next Katakuri. Both of them having Haoshoku.
That was meant to further reinforce Zoro having it. As Katakuri was First Mate.
Then we had eldest son Perospero. That says CoC doesn't have to the eldest child. Important because Sanji is the 4th of 5 siblings. Other traits he shares is he's a quadruplet Katakuri is a triplet. Compote and Peropsero represent Reiju while also Perospero represents Ichiji being the eldest but not having Haoshoku. Katakuri is a triplet but only one of them got Haoshoku. Possibly to say Sanji is the sibling who will. Katakuri was also portrayed perfect but shown to be highly flawed. Sanji is the reverse, deemed imperfect by family but showing superior to his siblings.
The big thing, we don't see Judge with Haoshoku Haki but again, Germa is a war mongering nation, meaning fighting. Chinjao explained Haoshoku and said there are users all over the sea who will battle it out. If it wasn't him someone said it. It seems to be highly neglected that they said, Sanji's family took over an entire Quadrant/Blue of the sea basically. Not an island or territory. Like the Yonko have territories but other lands in the quadrant/Blue the Yonko have territories in can exist independent of them, we haven't heard Yonko took over a whole Blue. They said his descendants took over the entire quadrant. The idea that Sanji can be a descendant of a conquerors Haki user is easily explainable and the stage is set for such.

Also they are a Kingdom of Science and an advanced one. Did we not just get the Ancient Kingdom had tech even more advanced than Vegapunk. Not saying Germa is the Ancient Kingdom but rather the overlooking of Sanji's background

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
These people just blew it for me with the whole the star takes the stage stuff in the anime.
Why is so necessary for the downplay of Sanji and playing up Zoro. Zoro to Luffy doesn't get that same treatment.
Shouldn’t we just be glad that any of the Straw Hats get attention at all? I don’t think the anime, nor Oda, is trying to send the message of other members having to be downplayed as if inferior.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've always found that bit to be weird tbh. Oda also said the magma fruit has the strongest offensive power of all fruits. But... how is the power of magma greater than light or electricity? The yami fruit controls gravity. And there are plenty of paramecia that seem to be at least in the ballpark of logias. Doflamingo's, robin's, perosperos and big mom's fruits seem particularly potent. Logias are still particularly dangerous of course but once you have the haki to cause damage to their physical forms the gap is at least substantially reduced. There's some wonky logic at play here.
You know how when you are little and you thought Volcanos were the coolest thing ever? What with the lava and everything?

Oda never grew up past thinking about that, proof being that he thinks magma is hotter than fire

😂🤣😂🤣

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Most Logias shown are capable of covering an entire island with their powers. Doflamingo or Big Mom can't even compare in the sheer scale.

Regarding Akainu's fruit, it's actually said to have the "highest type of offensive powers", implying it may be tied with other fruits. If I had to guess, it also applies to Kizaru's fruit.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Most Logias shown are capable of covering an entire island with their powers. Doflamingo or Big Mom can't even compare in the sheer scale.

Regarding Akainu's fruit, it's actually said to have the "highest type of offensive powers", implying it may be tied with other fruits. If I had to guess, it also applies to Kizaru's fruit.
And that's.. wrong. Big mom's powers can easily cover an island. Heck, merely destroying an island is something any level 6 prisoner was said to be capable of. Doflamingo covered a rather massive chunk of dressrosa with his birdcare and his range was at least several km iirc. Which is still pretty damn decent at any scale.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
And that's.. wrong. Big mom's powers can easily cover an island. Heck, merely destroying an island is something any level 6 prisoner was said to be capable of. Doflamingo covered a rather massive chunk of dressrosa with his birdcare and his range was at least several km iirc. Which is still pretty damn decent at any scale.
But we have never seen Big Mom doing anything like that, right?

Big Mom's greatest feats are based on Haki. When it comes to Zeus or Prometheus, they aren't really massive in scale.

The prisoners of Level 6 were said to be dangerous to any nearby country, which doesn't mean they can literally nuke an island.

The Bird Cage is the closest we got, but even then it's one specific attack... compare it to Aokiji casually freezing countless kilometers of water in 1 second, or Kizaru blowing up the ocean near Marineford.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
But we have never seen Big Mom doing anything like that, right?

Big Mom's greatest feats are based on Haki. When it comes to Zeus or Prometheus, they aren't really massive in scale.

The prisoners of Level 6 were said to be dangerous to any nearby country, which doesn't mean they can literally nuke an island.

The Bird Cage is the closest we got, but even then it's one specific attack... compare it to Aokiji casually freezing countless kilometers of water in 1 second, or Kizaru blowing up the ocean near Marineford.
If we talk big mom raw power, its not relate to "impact", its about take a life n give a life, based on that she can give life to million, if scale with all her land, thats her scale power.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
If we talk big mom raw power, its not relate to "impact", its about take a life n give a life, based on that she can give life to million, if scale with all her land, thats her scale power.
Doesn't she has to do it one person at a time?