Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I mean they’ve basically ‘taken’ every island that they’ve liberated.
Fishman island, dressrossa, alabasta. Why’s wano the ‘logical’ option?
I don't know if they'll take an actual base because I don't think they'll settle down at least before Luffy is Pirate King.

But going by the Yonko habits (except Shanks before becoming a Yonko which was pretty random) I'd say it's more likely for him to take an island in the New World, so I'm leaving out Arabasta.
Fishman Island is going to be destroyed (in theory) so I'm also leaving it out.

I feel like the links they have built with Wano are superior to the ones with Dressrosa even though yes, they've become very friendly and popular with the king and royals over there, as well as with the citizens, but the link with Momonosuke and Yamato is far greater (in my opinion).

So I agree that they'd normally take Wano.
 

Bandit99

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
924
Reaction score
1,491
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if they'll take an actual base because I don't think they'll settle down at least before Luffy is Pirate King.

But going by the Yonko habits (except Shanks before becoming a Yonko which was pretty random) I'd say it's more likely for him to take an island in the New World, so I'm leaving out Arabasta.
Fishman Island is going to be destroyed (in theory) so I'm also leaving it out.

I feel like the links they have built with Wano are superior to the ones with Dressrosa even though yes, they've become very friendly and popular with the king and royals over there, as well as with the citizens, but the link with Momonosuke and Yamato is far greater (in my opinion).

So I agree that they'd normally take Wano.
Very good points. I forgot about the whole fishman island prophecy thing.
And it would make sense for them to set up shop on a new world island.
I also don’t think that they won’t settle down anywhere any time soon. Luffy’s still pretty much a kid compared to the older generation with bases
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I mean they’ve basically ‘taken’ every island that they’ve liberated.
Fishman island, dressrossa, alabasta. Why’s wano the ‘logical’ option?
They have a deeper connection with the rulers of Wano

Besides, Wano has a great military on its own. Yamato and the Scabbards are not far behind a Yonko crew
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That’s only true in numbers. None of the scabbards are strong enough to compare with the top 10 from Yonko crew
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That’s only true in numbers. None of the scabbards are strong enough to compare with the top 10 from Yonko crew
But Inuarashi took out Jack so some of the scabbards clearly can fight YC3 level folks one on one.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But Inuarashi took out Jack so some of the scabbards clearly can fight YC3 level folks one on one.
That was after two took them down. And yea, only two scabbards have the moon thing going for them.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
That was after two took them down. And yea, only two scabbards have the moon thing going for them.
Inuarashi and Nekomamushi fought Jack 1-on-1 in Zou. We also have a comparison with Ashura Douji, who clashed against both Inuarashi and Jack.

Also Kinemon talked about Kyoshiro and Kawamatsu as if they were in the same league Ashura Douji.

I think O-Kiku is quite strong too.
 
Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Don't let this descend into power levels here.
 

electricmastro

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
4,769
Reaction score
3,643
Age
30
Country
United States
Page+ long recap of Luffy's bickering and coaching to Momo was one reason I didn't really care for Chapter 1057. Not really keen on him being Straw Hat either even though I respect him as the shogun he's building himself up as.
 

shailks

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
1,546
Gender
Male
Country
India
Watching a video on youtube titled: greatest last stands in history, I got to know about this warrior from Japan, called Benkei. His final fight resembles Whitebeard a lot. The choice of weapon (naginata), the number of enemies he took down, and finally kept standing even after he was dead after a barrage of arrows finally downed him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benkei
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
One thing I realized about Blackbeard's bounty of 2,247,600,000


After Luffy defeated Katakuri, he got a bounty of 1,500,000,000 and they began to call him an Emperor

After Blackbeard defeated Marco, he got a bounty of 2,247,600,000 and they began to call him an Emperor

There's a clear parallel, especially considering Blackbeard's bounty was revealed right after Luffy's


Just so you know why Blackbeard's bounty was so "small"

The difference between 1,500,000,000 and 2,247,600,000 is most likely because Marco is probably stronger than Katakuri, and the Blackbeard Pirates also defeated all the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Found another plot-hole in Wano arc


King told Kaido he believes he will become Pirate King in a flashback (chapter 1036)




But when did this happened?


Kaido looks the same as when he first meet King (chapter 1035)

We don't know exactly when he meet King, but King is 47 and he looks like a young teenager here, so I'm guessing a little over 30 years ago




Kaido already grew a mustache when Higurashi made a deal with him

Since Higurashi mentioned 10 years passed since the Rocks Pirates, that means this was 28 years ago




But... didn't they only started to call Roger the "Pirate King" after he found the One Piece 25 years ago?
 

I Am Atomic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
3,208
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Found another plot-hole in Wano arc


King told Kaido he believes he will become Pirate King in a flashback (chapter 1036)




But when did this happened?


Kaido looks the same as when he first meet King (chapter 1035)

We don't know exactly when he meet King, but King is 47 and he looks like a young teenager here, so I'm guessing a little over 30 years ago




Kaido already grew a mustache when Higurashi made a deal with him

Since Higurashi mentioned 10 years passed since the Rocks Pirates, that means this was 28 years ago




But... didn't they only started to call Roger the "Pirate King" after he found the One Piece 25 years ago?
I wouldn't call it a plot hole. The "plot hole" is purely based on his mustache or the lack of it.

King looks old enough to fit the timeline too.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Maybe Kaido wanted to try a new look and just didn't like how his face felt without a mustache, we don't know.

Seriously though, more likely than not, Oda's mustasche consistency game was off in regards to Kaido.

Kaido and King likely had that conversation between the time Roger became Pirate King and Oden's official return to Wano. Maybe it even took place during the 5 years of dancing Oden did. During Oden's flashback, you can even see Kaido had no mustache when he was fighting Oden in Orochi's palace.

Kaido and Orochi turned Wano into a weapon's factory under Higurashi's recommendation while Oden was gone, so that 3rd page likely happened before Roger even landed on Raftel.
 
Top