Discussion One Piece Power level Discussion Thread

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Oda has some serious issues micro-managing everything going on in part 2.

When was the last time Sanji had a full fight, against Wadatsumi? I think Hell Memories was supposed to be his new finisher move, but he never used it again.

And it has been over 300 chapters since Fishman Island, that's 1/3 of the whole story. That's bizarre.

Another example of this is how he spend 1 year building up every battle in Dressrosa arc, but all of them were off-panel and concluded in a few pages.

And Zoro is not much better. All of his battles were easy (Hyouzou, Monet, Pika). And something important like what does a black blade means only got a few panels.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
He wanted to measure himself against Whitebard...but like, not at full power or anything, that would be silly!
yea, but to argue haki's absence only because Jozu could deflect it is as silly... might have not been at full power, but it wasnt an ineffective attack surely, like what he did in east blue. If he wants to test the strength of the strongest man in the world, using half strong attack is also lame...

Rmstorm

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord

When was the last time Sanji had a full fight, against Wadatsumi? I think Hell Memories was supposed to be his new finisher move, but he never used it again.

And it has been over 300 chapters since Fishman Island, that's 1/3 of the whole story. That's bizarre.

Another example of this is how he spend 1 year building up every battle in Dressrosa arc, but all of them were off-panel and concluded in a few pages.

And Zoro is not much better. All of his battles were easy (Hyouzou, Monet, Pika). And something important like what does a black blade means only got a few panels.
The Luffy Cracker fight was also usless. A waste of panel time, Luffy not even using Snakeman blow through all of Cracker's biscuits or King King Gun. The guy was playing around in the Cracker fight. Cracker could have been given to Sanji to fight. What a waste.

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The Luffy Cracker fight was also usless. A waste of panel time, Luffy not even using Snakeman blow through all of Cracker's biscuits or King King Gun. The guy was playing around in the Cracker fight. Cracker could have been given to Sanji to fight. What a waste.
Snakeman stands no chance vs Cracker when Boundman with far greater AP needed 2 hits for each biscuit...
KKG could have worked perhaps but perhaps not considering how many doubles were in the way.
Cracker countered him completely, without Nami, there was no chance for victory. Match-ups matter.

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
yea, but to argue haki's absence only because Jozu could deflect it is as silly... might have not been at full power, but it wasnt an ineffective attack surely, like what he did in east blue. If he wants to test the strength of the strongest man in the world, using half strong attack is also lame...
i was being sarcastic! Lol, i agree with you!

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'd argue Wadatsumi wasn't even a real full fight. Jinbe joined in, and it was more of a joke fight than anything. Sanji hasn't had a real fight since Thriller Bark...

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd argue Wadatsumi wasn't even a real full fight. Jinbe joined in, and it was more of a joke fight than anything. Sanji hasn't had a real fight since Thriller Bark...
Still Sanji did most of the easy work of him. Plus if so then Zoro never truly defeat Pica on his own since Elizabetho and Ormbulus help him out too. Both honestly haven't gotten full 1 vs 1 and serious fight since pre-timeskip thinking on it. Wano though looks to deliver on something big Strawhats though as might be Enies Lobby of NW.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Still Sanji did most of the easy work of him. Plus if so then Zoro never truly defeat Pica on his own since Elizabetho and Ormbulus help him out too. Both honestly haven't gotten full 1 vs 1 and serious fight since pre-timeskip thinking on it. Wano though looks to deliver on something big Strawhats though as might be Enies Lobby of NW.
I disagree on Zoro vs Pica, i just think the fight was nothing because Pica wasn't actually that strong, he just seemed to be able to move around quickly. It wasn't a real challenge.

I hope that Wano does deliver for all SH's. Enies Lobby was so long ago, and that's the real last time they all had their own battles.

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Fight with Pica "seemed nothing" only because of Zoro's ridiculously high DC stat and effective combat style.
It would have been an incredibly harder fight for anyone else not named Fujitora because I doubt anyone else, present in DR would have managed to corner Pica's real body.

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
I disagree on Zoro vs Pica, i just think the fight was nothing because Pica wasn't actually that strong, he just seemed to be able to move around quickly. It wasn't a real challenge.

I hope that Wano does deliver for all SH's. Enies Lobby was so long ago, and that's the real last time they all had their own battles.
Exactly 1 kong gun would have destroyed the Pika golem with Pika inside of it and Luffy wouldn't have needed to be thrown like Zoro was.

You could even argue Gear 3rd would be enough. 1 elephant gatling would 0 diff Pika.

I think any of the top 4 strongest SH's could have dealt with Pika in their own unique way.

High attack power was all that was needed because Pika was such a coward. He would have either run away or been defeated.

I am still of the opinion Vergo was stronger than Pika. I dont think anyone outside of Luffy could have defeated him easily. Zoro And Sanji could after a tough fight

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Here's the fact: For Mihawk to be as strong as Shasha is saying, he'd have done much more in the Marine Ford battle.
Yeah, that's what I think too. During the war, Mihawk did not appear stronger than the other Shichibukai.

Maybe he could be stronger, but so far he did not show anything like that.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly 1 kong gun would have destroyed the Pika golem with Pika inside of it and Luffy wouldn't have needed to be thrown like Zoro was.

You could even argue Gear 3rd would be enough. 1 elephant gatling would 0 diff Pika.

I think any of the top 4 strongest SH's could have dealt with Pika in their own unique way.

High attack power was all that was needed because Pika was such a coward. He would have either run away or been defeated.

I am still of the opinion Vergo was stronger than Pika. I dont think anyone outside of Luffy could have defeated him easily. Zoro And Sanji could after a tough fight
Right, I think Vergo was the strongest crew member by far, Diamante second due to his power. Pica was a great power, but the guy beneath it was trash so it didn't matter.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I think too. During the war, Mihawk did not appear stronger than the other Shichibukai.

Maybe he could be stronger, but so far he did not show anything like that.
I think the Shichibukai are all fairly strong, Mihawk and Doflamingo and Kuma the top tier, and all would be Yonko commander level, probably even stronger than the ones we've seen, or close to it. But putting them at Yonko level seems a bit much. Going obscene like Shasha and putting them above literally everyone is just comical and shows where the person is coming from (total fanboy).

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think the Shichibukai are all fairly strong, Mihawk and Doflamingo and Kuma the top tier, and all would be Yonko commander level, probably even stronger than the ones we've seen, or close to it. But putting them at Yonko level seems a bit much. Going obscene like Shasha and putting them above literally everyone is just comical and shows where the person is coming from (total fanboy).
Fans are a bit weird when it comes to anything related to Zoro or Sanji

For some reason they think they can defeat a Yonko commander, that they are going to fight Kaido, etc

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fans are a bit weird when it comes to anything related to Zoro or Sanji

For some reason they think they can defeat a Yonko commander, that they are going to fight Kaido, etc
I totally agree.

Except the zoropart. #TeamDragonkiller"

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
You guys realize that King's Punch is the highest DC move we have so far and it was said to be ineffective while it can rekt the entire golem in single hit?
How is Luffy more effective when he cant come even close to King's Punch?

Isto

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Cause his punch is like a pistol ?

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
King's Punch can be strong enough to destroy the world but if there is no haki behind it it's basically useless against 99% of the OP top tiers.

What is a King punch going to do against Luffy who is immune to blunt attacks not coated in haki? Not a damn thing besides send Luffy flying and be a mild inconvenience. What's King punch going to do to Logias? What's it going to do to Kaido or Big Mom who can't be damaged through normal means?

King punch has so many drawback that it is useless 99.99999999999999% of the time.

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
King's Punch can be strong enough to destroy the world but if there is no haki behind it it's basically useless against 99% of the OP top tiers.
What is a King punch going to do against Luffy who is immune to blunt attacks not coated in haki? Not a damn thing besides send Luffy flying and be a mild inconvenience. What's King punch going to do to Logias? What's it going to do to Kaido or Big Mom who can't be damaged through normal means?
King punch has so many drawback that it is useless 99.99999999999999% of the time.
We are comparing it vs Pica's golem. It is useless despite being the highest DC feat we have in OP.
Destroying the golem isnt a solution since KP can destroy it easily and is far above anything that Luffy has.
As I said, just because it was easy for Zoro it doesnt make it easy for everyone else...