Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 520 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellenate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
According to Smoker not wanting to transform into smoke into the later part of the Rogue Town arc because he would put himself at risk or being thrown into the ocean by the strong winds of the storm. Smoker is fully human, made of flesh and bones, unless he choses to transform into his element.

The same applies to every other logia.

A majority of the stuff logias do is just Oda taking artistic liberties.

Whenever that "fully human, made of flesh and bones" body gets tested it poofs into an element.

If they can't feel the sensation of pain, it's not a real body. It's just a faux body the fruit creates for convenience. As such, it should be susceptible to adverse elements.

Interestingly enough... when logais do come across these elements. Their df's seemingly turnoff (i.e. crocodile+water/enel+rubber).

This is Aokiji instantly freezing the sea and everything within it. He didn't "just make ice in the water". He froze it by instantly lowering its temperature by God knows how many degrees.

And he did that with just a slight touch.

Aokiji does not have the Hiya-hiya no mi.

He has the hie-hie no mi, which makes ice.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
A majority of the stuff logias do is just Oda taking artistic liberties.

Whenever that "fully human, made of flesh and bones" body gets tested it poofs into an element.

If they can't feel the sensation of pain, it's not a real body. It's just a faux body the fruit creates for convenience. As such, it should be susceptible to adverse elements.

Interestingly enough... when logais do come across these elements. Their df's seemingly turnoff (i.e. crocodile+water/enel+rubber).

Aokiji does not have the Hiya-hiya no mi.

He has the hie-hie no mi, which makes ice.
You're nitpicking the name, Kuzan can make ice and lower objects and people's temperature. Hie literally means chilly, as in its cold and the VIZ name for the fruit is literally the chilly chilly fruit.

Last edited:

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
According to Smoker not wanting to transform into smoke into the later part of the Rogue Town arc because he would put himself at risk or being thrown into the ocean by the strong winds of the storm. Smoker is fully human, made of flesh and bones, unless he choses to transform into his element.

The same applies to every other logia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This is Aokiji instantly freezing the sea and everything within it. He didn't "just make ice in the water". He froze it by instantly lowering its temperature by God knows how many degrees.

And he did that with just a slight touch.
lol, how is this even a debate. You are totally right on this about the ice.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kuzan can lower objects and people's temperature.

By covering them in ice...

He can't just lower temperatures like Oven increases temperatures.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I don't think Logias can use up all of their powers, or anything like that.

Maybe Ace couldn't stay awake for 10 days like Aokiji...
I don’t believe their stamina and endurance are unlimited. So I doubt they are pulling off big attacks while tired.

lol, how is this even a debate. You are totally right on this about the ice.
Because a pocket lighter can’t completely thaw out a iceberg. Neither can a flamethrower.

Fire melts ice. Still need sufficient flames to melt the Ice. Nobody is arguing this point.

We are talking about characters.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

He doesn't cover them in ice, he freezes them. Whatever Kuzan freezes don't get an extra volume so we know he's not just pumping ice into them. Kuzan has can just freeze them, he literally freezes the air around him when using ice partisan.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

He doesn't cover them in ice, he freezes them. Whatever Kuzan freezes don't get an extra volume so we know he's not just pumping ice into them. Kuzan has can just freeze them, he literally freezes the air around him when using ice partisan.
Aokiji cannot create ice.

He has to throw leafs to create a sword:

if his power was just to lower temperatures he’d be a paramecia
He can create ice and more volumes of ice
It’s the power of logia , they create volumes of their fruit to fight

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
if his power was just to lower temperatures he’d be a paramecia
He can create ice and more volumes of ice
It’s the power of logia , they create volumes of their fruit to fight
Fire
Electricity
Gravity
Light

None of these have "volume"

Aokiji turns into "cold", like Blackbeard turns into "gravity"

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fire
Electricity
Gravity
Light

None of these have "volume"

Aokiji turns into "cold", like Blackbeard turns into "gravity"
This is definitely replicating their powers volume wise
Ace/fire

electricity/enel

Enel could destroy whole islands and massive structures

darkness/Blackbeard

Kizaru/light
(look at the size of law’s ship it’s not small and kizaru’s beams dwarf it in size )

And by volume I don’t mean in real life sense just that logias can spam their element of which they’re made of hence what I mean by volime

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The whole Aokiji using grass to create the sword seems like an inconsistency on Oda's part before he truly defined his powers (and the powers of his top-tier peers).

He can freeze anything (and can hence create ice by freezing the air around him) so at the time he seemed to need the grass to establish the shape of the sword. However, at later arcs he does things like shaping these spears out of thin air.

Same for the pheasant or whatever it was that he threw at Ace. He formed that out of nowhere and the shape was pretty complex.

Logia powers include:
- Becoming their elements at will. Partially or otherwise. Some are capable of transforming by reflex.
- Shaping their own bodies freely if transformed into their elements.
- Generating more of their elements from their bodies.
- Controlling their elements from a distance. Apparently even what they didn't create themselves. (Though this is limited according to Crocodile). For example, Enel used his Ark Maxim to create cumulonimbus that generated the electric power that he later planed to use to destroy Skypiea.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Break is gonna kill me because I really want to know what tier Yamato falls in
There’s a chance Yamato is even stronger than luffy just before he awakened kings haki attacks , I really really want to see how Yamato fares against kaido and the hybrid zoan mode , I’m very very high on their ability

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
There’s a chance Yamato is even stronger than luffy just before he awakened kings haki attacks
While it's possible, I don't think that's the case because she seemed not to know about emission haki and internal destruction.

She's however been a powerhouse so far, taking out a Number in a single hit from a distance while freefalling, so I'm confident she will at least have monstruous physical strength and possibly CoC coating.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While it's possible, I don't think that's the case because she seemed not to know about emission haki and internal destruction.

She's however been a powerhouse so far, taking out a Number in a single hit from a distance while freefalling, so I'm confident she will at least have monstruous physical strength and possibly CoC coating.
Yamato can possibly use emission ( as does sabo
Remember hyugoro can use emisson ( as a lot of wano warriors ) but didn’t know how to break his own cuff , internal destruction is a more advanced application of emission

folks were saying Yamato threatening sanji position but imo Yamato might be more powerful than both Zoro and sanji

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
For the sake of this dumb discussion, no.

It seems Aokiji is not creating water.
there's water vapor everywhere, he freezes them..... that's all... can logias create stuff, or do their bodies become an extension of their ability? you dont have to create ice in most cases, water closer to something cold will reduce its temperature.... so he is essentially reducing temperature around to freeze them..... atleast that's waht i perceive, correct me if i am wrong.