Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Such a sad series. Damned Koreans.

:cookiehand

Some purists of course don't like digital music nonetheless, but I love it how music can play around with technology.
I don't get why they have to be all whiny. When it's the same as having an orchestra or a band but only yourself to play. Or like, composers (i.e. Mozart) who imagine 40 different instruments all at once when writing a symphony.

Can you imagine if Mozart had access to this kind of Technology? OMG the genius that he could produce! I bet he had all kinds of things going on his head but he just didn't have the means to do it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Well, to be fair, nothing beats the sound of music being played with tried and tested instruments (read:classical) in a room with properly fitted acoustics. But then again, "properly-fitted acoustics" has progressed due to technology from the Greco-Roman amphitheater to a modern sound-proofed room or concert hall.

---------- Post added January 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was January 18, 2012 at 09:14 PM ----------

Lol at the Samsung product placement in Heartstrings. At least it's not an iProduct :D.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
iProduct is a no-no at South Korea. Samsung is a national brand, kuro.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yo guyz.... I kinda passed my practical exam like, at least I can cook for something... wuuuut?

nalilito na talaga ako. It's kinda great, and it's a super super rare opportunity, and I'm like, "Manila nanameeeen?" :gwah

Truthfully, I'm tired of it all. Sometimes I think I'd totally appreciate if I could sit back, enjoy nature, sip tea and read manga, you know?

Although I'm also scared that I might get bored after five years, and then, when I go looking for work after that, I can't jump in the workforce again. :/

Geezuz Christ.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Sometimes I think I'd totally appreciate if I could sit back, enjoy nature, sip tea and read manga, you know?

Although I'm also scared that I might get bored after five years, and then, when I go looking for work after that, I can't jump in the workforce again. :/
... That's my lifestyle right there. Except there aren't any nature in this part of the metro.

I do wish I find what to do with my life soon. Aside from what I'm currently doing.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I mean, not as a bum, but to have a semi-relaxed kind of work as a restaurant manager in our hometown (which I am also waiting for the go signal)- with all the security a girl could ask for (yes, including a house of your own >.<) close to family, with all access to (again) NATURE (which I so dearly love), assurance to savings because the position offers a pretty sweet salary, and annual increase. like... the only thing that's con here is that my culinary skills will probably shrivel up and die, or that I die of boredom since, it is a sleepy town.

But like I often mused, I have my manga, and I can engage in outdoor stuff as a hobby that I had so long dreamed (trekking, etc.)



Sa totoo lang, mas madaming cons to stay here in Manila and work my ass off as a chef in a hotel. BUT WOW, the knowledge and experience gained would be totally... um... A LOT. One or two years here would really "increase my value". But I wouldn't have any savings until then because that's one or two years of hard, blue-collar, labor.

ANO BA TALAGA, KUYA???
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Stick with job security; it's the smart bet. Look, I love cooking too, and I would have gladly continued my "stage", rather than going back to college to get a diploma. Unfortunately, not having a diploma (in this day and age), and expecting to get a good paying job is tough as bricks. I mean, it's already tough to get a job with a diploma, what more without?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yeah well. I thought about it and this secure job will really lead me um... to a path that I do not know if I could love. i.e. office work.

I just... I REALLY HATE MANILA, GEEZ. Sorry guys but, I really do. Gawd, five years ago I never would have thought I could leave this city but now that I'm back here I just wanna throw up. -____________- How can one live with all this pollution and long commutes and... How could I have lived like that back in college?

That and the fact that the salary will not be rewarding enough.




BUT whatever. F*ckity F*ck F*ck. My sister just called, saying SHE BROKE MY SHISHA!!!!! :yelling

I am having enough negativity going on right now, and she calls to say SHE BROKE MY SHISHA!!!! She asks me to pay for my share of the bills knowing I don't have work so I tell her "Fine, I'll ask our father to pay you because that's what I've been doing all my life" and she says "By the way, I broke your shisha"

:fail
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@BB- Why not just confront her? Seriously... I don't understand people who shun confrontation, it's the only way to get sensitive matters over with, and it can be quite fun. Here are a few points to argue with (which you've already supplied in your previous posts).

1. you were not there to consume any electricity. the cutoff date doesn't count, since you still did not consume any electricity.
2. you don't have a job, thus you have no current source of income.
3. you are using what you have saved up to fuel your job search.
4. you're at a crossroads in your life, pondering whether or not to choose money or passion.

You're both girls, try to recall shit she did when she was your age, and use that as backfire ammo.

@Hunt- LOL! Another misinterpreted fuck-up by the Americans...I'd love to see the weaboos duke it out with comic book geeks though...
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
If you become self-employed, trust me, you'll have way less time on your hands. Sure you have your own time, but in order to make ends meet you'll have to catch up with time lost. You can't be sick or "tinatamad" because every second you're not out earning money can make or break you.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
are you self employed, kuro-tan?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
now I'm thinking how I can find an apartment in makati...

can't stand boarding houses. -_-
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
apartment in makati? that's like renting a bungalow the size of a room. "you won't find better prices!" -__-
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
You'll have to settle for something a little out of the way, like somewhere in Evangelista or Mandaluyong to get a good price.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
inaambisyonan ko ang GA towers, lol.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
McKinley One while you're at it :D.

Oh, man that place was gorgeous.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Well, tutuloy ako sa Makati. I mean, I'm going for the hotel job there.

Complete reboot, life. Start from scratch. As long as I have my books, clothes, and laptop, I'm good to go, methinks. :/ Oh, and TV. Not that I need it or anything but, my sister is surprisingly easy to talk to about the breaking up of our union.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top