Help - Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for | Page 35 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, there's no way for me to know Fujimiya's circumstances, but
Clearly, you are making progress

There is nothing particularly complicated about grammar here, it's just that they don't use commas in manga, so longer sentences become difficult to parse. Also, there is some slurring happening in speech which might confuse you. Here, I put in some commas to delineate clauses and also changed to standard (written) spelling. See if it becomes easier for you to understand such sentences.
というか、藤宮はお前としか話していないみたいだし、既に藤宮にとって、お前は他のやつらとは違う存在ということだろう

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, there's no way for me to know Fujimiya's circumstances, but
Clearly, you are making progress

There is nothing particularly complicated about grammar here, it's just that they don't use commas in manga, so longer sentences become difficult to parse. Also, there is some slurring happening in speech which might confuse you. Here, I put in some commas to delineate clauses and also changed to standard (written) spelling. See if it becomes easier for you to understand such sentences.
というか、藤宮はお前としか話していないみたいだし、既に藤宮にとって、お前は他のやつらとは違う存在ということだろう
Thanks, now I understood better...

Yeah... I miss the commas and colloquialism makes me crazy... With your translation I understood better the phrase, where each thing came from and all, but if I had to reach this conclusion alone, it would take some time...
Well, I'm still green, it is just my first manga Japanese. After some more experience, I will be better. Actually, when I started to read mangas in English, it was the same way, so I'm protected from this initial desperation. XD

Thanks for the translations and help! o/  

Last edited:

valfranx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

cmertb

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
The new world ruled by Demon God(?) Domigura will be born...
After destruction god(s)(?) destroyed the whole universe

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sorry to ask help again so early, it is just that after so much time decrypting the phrase, I have to be sure that I'm right.... Actually, it is simpler than I thought it seems... :S

一週間でも記憶がもつなら、それを無駄にしちゃだめだ。(I put the comma because it seems suitable.)
"Even if we have an one week memory, it must not be wasted." (or something like that)

The two are talking with each other, so I think that "we" is suitable. Am I close of the right translation?

Thanks again! You guys are a lifesaver for noobs like me. :lmao

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
一週間でも記憶がもつなら、それを無駄にしちゃだめだ。(I put the comma because it seems suitable.)
"Even if we have an one week memory, it must not be wasted." (or something like that)

The two are talking with each other, so I think that "we" is suitable. Am I close of the right translation?

Thanks again! You guys are a lifesaver for noobs like me. :lmao
The 2 may be talking to each other, but don't use "we" unless they are talking about their own memories. Your sentence is fine. You could also start with something like: Even if (we?) can keep one week of memory, ....

btw, feel free to use the mainboard. Your skill level is above this thread.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The 2 may be talking to each other, but don't use "we" unless they are talking about their own memories. Your sentence is fine. You could also start with something like: Even if (we?) can keep one week of memory, ....

btw, feel free to use the mainboard. Your skill level is above this thread.
Yes, they are talking about their owm memories. Oh right, "keep" is better. I look at the definitions and didn't see "keep" at first... So, I did it! \o/

Yes, I'm gonna do a thread next time. Thanks again for the help. ^_^

valfranx

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Utsu,

You may want to translate the(こ...)このナメック星と part. Goku is talking to Namek and its surrounding planets.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
@Utsu,

You may want to translate the(こ...)このナメック星と part. Goku is talking to Namek and its surrounding planets.
Oops for some reason I totally didn't see the と :XD

"H...Hear me, Namek and all the nearby planets!!"

(I think I have trouble making this sound natural in English while remaining literal...)

deadbolt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would anyone here be willing to translate this? The artwork is of the Fire Starter handheld from Fooly Cooly:

Thank you very much in advance,

-Carson

cmertb

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Would anyone here be willing to translate this? The artwork is of the Fire Starter handheld from Fooly Cooly:

Thank you very much in advance,

-Carson
Let me try something new, and hopefully it works:

http://i.szoter.com/a0e5e2908e04eec6

(can't insert it as an image for some reason)

Last edited by a moderator:

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

I would humbly request a translation of the first frame:

I have a French translation but it doesn't seem right so I would appreciate if someone could look at this page and correct any mistakes/distortions/inconsistencies.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

I would humbly request a translation of the first frame:

I have a French translation but it doesn't seem right so I would appreciate if someone could look at this page and correct any mistakes/distortions/inconsistencies.
Hi Goral,

About Panel 1 Bubble 1, do you have the previous page/context? (About who the handyman is/who is talking about the handyman stuff.) My first impression is, he is pointing out his front as a handyman and moves on to call him out on his anti-government activities in the following panels, so the first bubble would be something like:
"Right, that's your front as a handyman."

Also, Panel 1 Bubble 2, if you have problem with the "our" feel free to change it to fit the context, lol, such as "your" or "the."

There are slight problems with the other panels, too:

Panel 3:
"You're a respectable/fine conspirator of the anti-government faction after all"

Panel 4 Bubble 1:
"From now on you'll take up the name 'Sunabouzu' and I'll see to it you do your [handyman] job in the name of 'Sunabouzu'"

Panel 5 Bubble 1:
"I look forward to hearing your fame resound in the desert as you do things befitting the name of Sunabouzu"

(This is the general idea, fix my English and you should have it.)

Last edited:

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi Utsune and thank you very much :).

As for the context, not sure how much you need but here's the previous page:

Anyway, I recommend that you check this manga out. It's not even the slightest like Claymore but IMO characters and plot here are way better :]. Number A didn't like it though so you might not either (but you should check first 2 volumes out and decide for yourself).

Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Ah okay I see now. Sorry for the confusion, so,

Panel 1 Bubble 1: lit. "Right, that was that for your front as a handyman." Considering the context, the translation in your version is passable.
Bubble 2: I'm not sure if there is a more proper term for "electoral activities" although 選挙活動 literally means such. Maybe someone here could tell me if there's a proper political term for 選挙活動.

Sorry there's an error in my Panel 4:
"From now on you'll take up the name 'Sunabouzu' and I'll see to it you do your [handyman] job as 'Sunabouzu'"

Panel 5: Sorry I've made a lot of errors here, "I expect from you befitting actions of the name 'Sunabouzu,' whose fame resounds in the desert." Might want to rephrase it to make it sound less 'stiff.'

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Awesome, thank you Utsune :). Translation of a translation is always far from the literal meaning. I can only imagine what it would look like if I wanted to translate it to Polish now (so Japanese->French->English->Polish, lol). Thank you for your input in improving the translation I have. Just one last thing if you would be so kind:
(...)
"From now on you'll take up the name 'Sunabouzu' and I'll see to it you do your [handyman] job as 'Sunabouzu'" (...)
Can "I'll" be omitted (so "and see that you do your job as Sunabouzu")? Because AFAIK Kanta won't be around so he won't be able to supervise his apprentice.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Awesome, thank you Utsune :). Translation of a translation is always far from the literal meaning. I can only imagine what it would look like if I wanted to translate it to Polish now (so Japanese->French->English->Polish, lol). Thank you for your input in improving the translation I have. Just one last thing if you would be so kind:

Can "I'll" be omitted (so "and see that you do your job as Sunabouzu")? Because AFAIK Kanta won't be around so he won't be able to supervise his apprentice.
Ah sorry for being so rough around the edges. Thanks for pointing this out. It has the implication of "I'll have you [do something]" or something along those lines, but I think simply "...and you will do your job as Sunabouzu" is suggestive enough. Might be a more suitable tone for him, too.