Discussion - The Douriki Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Douriki Thread

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
He cut a mountain sized man, Luffy needed to be in Gear 3/4 to accomplish that feat. Unless you can show me otherwise

Overall, Luffy over Zoro

but no gears Luffy is weaker than Zoro

As for your Franky/Zoro comarison, no it;s not the same thing. IDK how you even came up with that... We are talking about strength feats, not one having immunity and one not/
You mean by Haki and had help in launching him at Pica?

Zoro using Haki and Bandana on is like Luffy to his Gears 2 and 3. That's not his base.

Those are feats too bad both in base when dealing with them. You can still get around Franky, but still small projectiles doesn't damage. It proves my point on body dynamic in which Big Mom's body was slimmer and more speedy, not the same as her weighted form. Just saying is all.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats just so inaccurate in so many ways but sure. I'm just not willing to debate you on something so obvious lol.

Good luck convicing others tho. If you can convince @nik87 that Zoro putting on a bandana and using haki is equal to Luffy using Gears then you have my vote

:hi

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats just so inaccurate in so many ways but sure. I'm just not willing to debate you on something so obvious lol.

Good luck convicing others tho. If you can convince @nik87 that Zoro putting on a bandana and using haki is equal to Luffy using Gears then you have my vote

:hi
Hasn't it been confirmed Zoro always go more serious when bandana on and using Haki raises your strength to be more potent? Idk where you get the idea Zoro is stronger in Luffy's base form and good luck convincing on fandom itself on that, Lexus. Guess we agree to disagree on this.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hasn't it been confirmed Zoro always go more serious when bandana on and using Haki raises your strength to be more potent? Idk where you get the idea Zoro is stronger in Luffy's base form and good luck convincing on fandom itself on that, Lexus. Guess we agree to disagree on this.
Please leave that OJ logic at OJ. It has bothered me from the first day I landed there when I saw them using the term "base Zoro". I didnt know there is another Zoro. Just because Luffy has gears doesnt mean Zoro is treated the same. It's just a matter of how serious Zoro is.
Luffy's gears always were modes with different utility, G2 for speed, G3 for raw power. You cant make a parallel to Zoro with Luffy's gears.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Idk where you get the idea Zoro is stronger in Luffy's base form and good luck convincing on fandom itself on that, Lexus. Guess we agree to disagree on this.
That's that weird of logic of yours. Everyone can see it but for you its something new that fell from the sky...

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
The majority of the fandom DOES agree with me thank you very much lol

Lets get a poll in here.

Actually i'm going to start one up in the davy back fight section.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Lets get a poll in here.

We should definitely make at least several poles about various topics to see the general opinion. We should make a separate thread where we can post what question we would like to see as a pole or something...

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please leave that OJ logic at OJ. It has bothered me from the first day I landed there when I saw them using the term "base Zoro". I didnt know there is another Zoro. Just because Luffy has gears doesnt mean Zoro is treated the same. It's just a matter of how serious Zoro is.
Luffy's gears always were modes with different utility, G2 for speed, G3 for raw power. You cant make a parallel to Zoro with Luffy's gears.

That's that weird of logic of yours. Everyone can see it but for you its something new that fell from the sky...
Who said I got this from OJ? Got to understand different opinions are apart in the fandom, dude. Though Zoro using Haki and putting on his Bandana is no way his base at all. Base is not using your power-ups to examine characters and so far Lexus think Zoro using Haki is his base, but Luffy using Haki is another stage? Make no sense honestly.

Nah, Majority I seen don't agree Zoro over Luffy no matter what even in base form. Idk where you guys feel they were deeply close when even in this Doriki thread if going by this, Luffy is above Zoro a whole lot.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Lets get a poll in here.

Lol, no they don't. You can't get everyone person in the fandom to vote on it regardless. It be just this website. I already seen polls like this on who better and Luffy is seen majority stronger no matter how you try to force Zoro in this, Lexus XD.

~Charging Lightning~

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
@King Moe my boy gonna have to disagree with you here.

The bandanna isn't a power up, it just signifies that Zoro is serious. Unless you count Asura which he hasn't used since the time skip, Zoro doesn't really have a base.

Luffy over the time skip worked on getting rid of the weakness of his gears (not having G2 negatively affect his body and not shrinking after G3) while also developing an entirely different Gear that has a time limit. There's no way that he could have done all that while also keeping his base form stronger than Zoro, Jimbe, and Sanji. Gear Fourth is already several tiers ahead of Base Luffy, it wouldn't make sense if Base Luffy was still stronger than those three.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
@King Moe my boy gonna have to disagree with you here.

The bandanna isn't a power up, it just signifies that Zoro is serious. Unless you count Asura which he hasn't used since the time skip, Zoro doesn't really have a base.

Luffy over the time skip worked on getting rid of the weakness of his gears (not having G2 negatively affect his body and not shrinking after G3) while also developing an entirely different Gear that has a time limit. There's no way that he could have done all that while also keeping his base form stronger than Zoro, Jimbe, and Sanji. Gear Fourth is already several tiers ahead of Base Luffy, it wouldn't make sense if Base Luffy was still stronger than those three.
Didn't mean it like that on Bandana. Not a power up for sure, but Zoro using Haki is a power up though, not really his base you have to agree.

True we seen more performance in his Gears than in his base over timeskip, but don't think he be lacking in being strong in his base form from what I am saying.

~Charging Lightning~

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mmmmm, Haki is a technique not really a form or a mode imo. I could see you calling Vergo's full body haki a mode/form but I'm on the fence about cases like Zoro using haki on his swords or Sanji using Haki on his legs being classified as an "out of base form". I mean, everyone and their mother in the New World can use haki. It's a matter of perspective I guess so there's no real point in arguing on this.

Yeah I'm not denying that Luffy's strong even without his gears. Just saying that he's not stronger than Zoro, Jinbe, or Sanji without them.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mmmmm, Haki is a technique not really a form or a mode imo. I could see you calling Vergo's full body haki a mode/form but I'm on the fence about cases like Zoro using haki on his swords or Sanji using Haki on his legs being classified as an "out of base form". I mean, everyone and their mother in the New World can use haki. It's a matter of perspective I guess so there's no real point in arguing on this.

Yeah I'm not denying that Luffy's strong even without his gears. Just saying that he's not stronger than Zoro, Jinbe, or Sanji without them.
I guess in a way it can be seen like that, but doesn't using Haki raises the potent of your abilities of your body?

Idk, feel like Luffy still have edge in his base. Guess we have to see how Oda handle this more.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy handles that pain each time using his Gears though. He is more resistant than Zoro is even in base form too. Doubt his base form will be lacking after all these years.
Yes, except he lost consciousness due to exhaustion in thriller bark. Zoro withstood all of that and his own.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who said I got this from OJ? Got to understand different opinions are apart in the fandom, dude. Though Zoro using Haki and putting on his Bandana is no way his base at all. Base is not using your power-ups to examine characters and so far Lexus think Zoro using Haki is his base, but Luffy using Haki is another stage? Make no sense honestly.

Nah, Majority I seen don't agree Zoro over Luffy no matter what even in base form. Idk where you guys feel they were deeply close when even in this Doriki thread if going by this, Luffy is above Zoro a whole lot.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Lol, no they don't. You can't get everyone person in the fandom to vote on it regardless. It be just this website. I already seen polls like this on who better and Luffy is seen majority stronger no matter how you try to force Zoro in this, Lexus XD.
show me a poll where BASE luffy is stronger than zoro.

I bet you can't.

You haven't proven a single counter arguement.

Usually i can defend you pal, but not this time

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, except he lost consciousness due to exhaustion in thriller bark. Zoro withstood all of that and his own.
He fought more than Zoro and plus you forget he too Thousands of Shadows unlike him, so he was dealing with a lot more and while yes Zoro took the pain, he wasn't bleeding heavily as Luffy and damage look at both states, but do acknowledge Zoro's durability though.

show me a poll where BASE luffy is stronger than zoro.

I bet you can't.

You haven't proven a single counter arguement.

Usually i can defend you pal, but not this time
Tell me where you think Zoro without Haki is stronger than Luffy then?

Well we can't agree on everything, so no surprise, but I do agree on points you make most of the time.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
He fought more than Zoro and plus you forget he too Thousands of Shadows unlike him, so he was dealing with a lot more and while yes Zoro took the pain, he wasn't bleeding heavily as Luffy and damage look at both states, but do acknowledge Zoro's durability though.

Tell me where you think Zoro without Haki is stronger than Luffy then?

Well we can't agree on everything, so no surprise, but I do agree on points you make most of the time.
The problem is you think haki is a mode, it isn't.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
? Zoro fought Ryuma + Oz + Oz&Moria + Kuma. Luffy fought who? Moria+Oz?

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
IMHO it's quite obvious Luffy has always been stronger than Zoro or Sanji. Luffy is the captain, he always fought against the strongest foes. When Luffy learned Gear 2, the difference between them only increased...

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
? Zoro fought Ryuma + Oz + Oz&Moria + Kuma. Luffy fought who? Moria+Oz?
Oz and Moria is a team effort, right? That doesn't count.

Also wrong arc for this as in the arc, Luffy was running around and fighting while Zoro got caught early first. Thus more time for him to rest.

The problem is you think haki is a mode, it isn't.
Doesn't change Zoro feats come from using Haki to give them more potency. If he defeat someone high caliber without Haki in base, then I agree with you more.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Doesn't change Zoro feats come from using Haki to give them more potency. If he defeat someone high caliber without Haki in base, then I agree with you more.
Monet? :teehee:teehee

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn't Luffy scare her out with his Haki early without even trying and choose to leave the fight to chase Caesar? Both are fearful especially in this arc they spook Holdem's away without even trying in the same panel. Also Monet is not high lvl to begin with lol.