Discussion The Douriki Thread

thedude

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Talking about Flambe situation, not the whole fight. While Katakuri was dominant, he still wasn't able to knockout Luffy or take him down completely as Luffy keep getting back up similar to Lucci vs Luffy fight, but more tougher. As for the other stuff, isn't that every Shounen bad guy as they always call for the protagonist to give up and don't go on the attack even when they think they finish them as they don't really go forward completely each time to completely wipe them out. Pretty sure that rules for majority if not all Shounen fights each time.
I mean, yes, that is how Shounen manga goes, but this one felt different because it took 20 chapters and Oda kept showing the clock, showing the fight going on for literal hours. And for the most part, it was just "Katakuri hurts Luffy bad, waits for Luffy to stand, than does it again". This isn't Crocodile mocking luffy for a few seconds before attacking again. So it did feel different.

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Oh is it now?

"problem children" "Whenever there's a large incident there's always a pirate from your generation involved". I'm not making this stuff up, this is straight from the manga on their introduction. Am I still incorrect when I was using words exactly from the manga unlike your forced assumptions on their individual strength? Game. Set. Match.

If cavendish did anything worth substance after he gained the spotlight then he would be talked about along with the worst gen.

I'm so lost here..... Sorry but I don't think the point you were trying to make came across here.

But the world didn't know that his strength was increasing during the time skip yet they still regarded him as a member simply because he was one of the pirates with a 100 mill plus bounty who caused a commotion on Sabaody. That's my entire point.

And that argument still hasn't been proven wrong no matter how many opportunities I give you to change my mind. I wasn't the one who brought up thriller bark to try and unnecessarily prove Zoro's dominance over Sanji when it was never in question that Zoro is stronger.

All of my arguments were in response to your arguments. I only had one point when I quoted you but you turned this into an all out essay war by bringing up points I never disagreed with or brought up.

Listen man, you honestly don't seem like a bad person and you can be very respectful compared to a lot of other blind fanboys. I think our argument is getting more heated than it needs to be and it's clearly derailing the thread that you put a lot of effort into. This is partly my fault because I thought I could change your mind on Sanji and the supernovas when I thought I saw a flaw in your argument but that's clearly not working out for the both of us. I think we should call it quits while we're still ahead.
You have evidence backing your claims that luffy's generation was nicknamed the worst because of their involvement in new world disasters then I must admit that you are right about this. I like a fair debate and this time you got it right.

I still disagree on many points and other stuff, but as they say lets agree to disagree