Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Or he could be content with who he is and move on with his life. Just because she doesn't think he can maintain a relationship with her doesn't mean he can't with someone else.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Or he could be content with who he is and move on with his life. Just because she doesn't think he can maintain a relationship with her doesn't mean he can't with someone else.
If really he is introverted that is. It could be that compared to her he might be.
Well introverted people do start with a handicap, no matter how you look at it.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Or he could be content with who he is and move on with his life. Just because she doesn't think he can maintain a relationship with her doesn't mean he can't with someone else.
Or if he wants to improve on it, he should.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
"improve" on it? People need to stop acting like there's something negative about being introverted...
It kinda is bad, and this is coming from someone who sees herself as one.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Maybe you're confusing introversion for being anti-social?
Introverted people do tend to not like activities where they interact with a lot of people. They prefer to do more calm activities that often don't require interaction.In this case, it may be difficult for an introverted person to interact easily with strangers, and they do tend to not like crowded and noisy places.
I'm more introverted than anti-social.

In regard to panther's case, maybe his girlfriend likes to party, or is just more extroverted overall, in which case their characters aren't compatible.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Introverted people do tend to not like activities where they interact with a lot of people. They prefer to do more calm activities that often don't require interaction.In this case, it may be difficult for an introverted person to interact easily with strangers, and they do tend to not like crowded and noisy places.
I'm more introverted than anti-social.
Sure, but I still don't see how that's clearly a negative thing. I think if more "extroverts" really though about their behavior, they'd discover they're actually introverted themselves. A lot of the things you mentioned aren't introversion itself, but things that come along with it

Well, I fail to see extrovert vs introvert as a clear black and white issue. Most people have aspects of both.

I just think there's this negative connotation with the word when there shouldn't be.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Sure, but I still don't see how that's clearly a negative thing. I think if more "extroverts" really though about their behavior, they'd discover they're actually introverted themselves. A lot of the things you mentioned aren't introversion itself, but things that come along with it

Well, I fail to see extrovert vs introvert as a clear black and white issue. Most people have aspects of both.

I just think there's this negative connotation with the word when there shouldn't be.
It's not , that's why I said "kinda". There are good and bad aspects in both, for examples artists and such are almost always introverts, they analyze stuff more etc. But they also have a hard time with trusting people, and just being around people they don't know. Doesn't mean they avoid all interaction, introverts are more comfortable around close friends, so they do socialize...but not on the same level as extroverts, who are all around more capable of socializing in all situations.They're more easy going etc, but they can't handle being lonely that well. SO each has it strengths and weaknesses, but overall extraversion is viewed better by society.Maybe because there are more extroverts out there, or because in the work environment etc they are more likely to get along with everyone...something that can't be said about introverts.
Well sometimes it's not that clear cut, some people are actually ambiverts.
From my experience I'd say that I like spending time alone, reading or drawing, something that an introvert is more likely to do. But sometimes I can't help but envy extroverts a little since they're so energetic and they get along with everyone. But just a little :)

I'm not sure if it's possible to work on one's introversion. It would require forcing yourself to go out and meet new people, and do activities that you don't normally do, but sometimes it is necessary .
 
Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,569
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I just broke off with someone important to me. She said I was to introverted to properly maintain a relationship. Maybe she's right
And maybe she is wrong.
Maybe she is so extroverted that she can not properly maintain a relationship with a single person.

Or he could be content with who he is and move on with his life. Just because she doesn't think he can maintain a relationship with her doesn't mean he can't with someone else.
Aye, don’t make her inadequacies your own.

Introverted people do tend to not like activities where they interact with a lot of people. They prefer to do more calm activities that often don't require interaction.
Are you saying that a romantic private reading date in a library wouldn’t ‘do it’ for you Lola?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
"improve" on it? People need to stop acting like there's something negative about being introverted...
It depends on someone. I think my introvertedness is negative, and that I should stop being a shy [expletive]. But I associate the negativity with myself, while for others, it depends. If they view it as negative, they should improve on it. If they see it as positive or don't care, all the better for them.

Ultimately, what you're comfortable with and makes you happy.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
And maybe she is wrong.
Maybe she is so extroverted that she can not properly maintain a relationship with a single person.


Aye, don’t make her inadequacies your own.


Are you saying that a romantic private reading date in a library wouldn’t ‘do it’ for you Lola?
:hurr maybe.

You really know what I like :derp
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I don't think there's anything wrong with being an introvert or extrovert. Negativity shouldn't be associated with either on a general term. I feel it's only valid based on the individual in question and not some form of general perception of one being good/bad. Doing something on someone else's basis or assessment doesn't pay. After all, it's not like someone else is living your life. That said, one would usually see one/two things that they feel is better in a different style. I think humans are just like that so we don't ever get too comfortable and feel we're perfect in our minds.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Too introverted or extroverted to maintain a relationship isn't a thing. Both are by all intents and purposes valid personality types under which people can function as normal human beings. If she was too extroverted and you were too introverted then perhaps you simply didn't have that much in common go begin with. Or maybe one of you has actual issues which you need to deal with (for example, being introverted has nothing to do with being shy).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
dumb that it took this long
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,067
Gender
Male
Country
United States
*Rant: There are too many threads to search through to find the one I was looking for. In my frustration (gurrr) I give up. I admit defeat - - I'll just post here *

A confessional request!

So - a buddy of mines father has become very ill suddenly.
If there are any of those people that believe in prayer and G-d here. I humbly request please say a prayer for Matts dad.
Even though you guys don't know him personally. They say prayer helps / heals.


Thanks, Charlie

---------- Post added July 19, 2015 at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was July 13, 2015 at 10:12 PM ----------

Update here

So - unfortunately things went for the worst and my buddy Matts dad passed away last-night.
 
Top