Well, you already know too much sugar is detrimental to health but you simply can't help it. Nevertheless the only person who can stop you from eating more sugar is yourself. Just promise yourself that you won't eat sugar for a week and stick to it. If you don't trust yourself, you can post here that you make that promise. You can come a week later and give an update on whether you've fulfilled your promise or not. The bad feeling of knowing you'll be breaking your promise may perhaps motivate you to control yourself. It is all on you.
I know and I'm going to do my best. I can update here x) It's just not something what I can be sure about how it turns out. I've been able to hold off sweets for weeks, eat just small amounts for months... but it somehow always catches up with me. Obviously it's a problem which has various causes/outcomes and not so easy to break but I'll try cutting all other different "unhealthy" things which I might have been keeping up thinking they were good. Exchange stress, pre-leaving depression, fear of "exchange weight", being unsatisfied with myself... So, cutting the diet which might have been too low (calorie counting difficult when I'm not in control of my food) and hopefully my insulin levels will stabilize.
Would cutting it be the best choice? Rather than outright cutting it I would think that you should simply reduce the amount you eat meal by meal. If its an addiction then the issue is managing the urges, outright cutting sugar won't really help you with that. Avoid eating in between meals and try to replace your sugar sources. Rather than sweets aim for complex carbohydrates and stuff (veggies, grains...).
From what I've read, it's the best to completely cut it for about a week and then try to go to "small amounts" and "self-control" phase. The problem isn't that I snack on something sweet. The problem is that when I do it turns into 10x more.
Be strong D-girl

...if anything, you should at least exercise to work off the energy and all that other extra sweets give

...do you have the opportunity to exercise in nippon land?
....D-girl.........
I do, when I'm not too tired/lazy to go to gym after school. It's not that close so that doesn't happen too often. And weather is too "don't do it" to jog around the block, and I've been wanting to download some fun workouts like zumba or something good for mind like yoga, but I have limited wifi so I have to go to a starbucks first. I've decided to stop obsessing about weight until I return home though as I may or may not have put myself into starvation mode so I'm upping how much I eat ready to accept a few kilos until I stabilize.
Afraid of slipping into ED territory. I have motivation now but who knows how long it lasts.