Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
This movie looks rather crappy, judging from the trailer.:derp

Henry Cavill is such a terrible actor in general, actually despite the initial prejudice that some may have with Ben Affleck as Batman I actually think he could pull it off....but they really fucked up when they cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex imo.I also pictured him as someone older physically, and bald too.The hair makes him look like a teenager.And he even sounds and acts as one judging from the trailer.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm keeping an open mind about Einsenberg's Lex Luthor.

The look is way off but if the performance is there it's all good. That's what really matters. I thought Kevin Spacey for example had the look perfectly but the performance just wasn't there. He looks like he'll bring a slight sense of humor to the film too. Which DC's superhero movies badly need to get from somewhere IMO.

I still just can't believe they structured a trailer to show...

This is what happens in the first act.
This is what happens in the second act.
This is what happens in the third act.



---------------------------------------

They better not do the same thing to Suicide Squad because that's a movie I have higher hopes for.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That Batman v Superman trailer wasn't a trailer at all. It was a cliff notes version of the movie. What is even left to see?

The Civil War trailer was pretty much what I expected, for the most part. The only bit that surprised me was that they seem to be making Bucky Barnes the core of the conflict. I assumed it was going to be the powers that be going overboard in attempts to control Scarlet Witch's powers that would touch things off; which is a lot closer to what the comic arc was. Going to war to protect Bucky is a bit.. I don't know about that one. I guess we'll see.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Basically I'm all for coming to the aid of emotionally fragile, and smokin' hot, red headed girls but grumpy 90+ year old cyborg men can rescue their own damn selves.:hmm
I think the main issue is that there is no context that explains why they'd fight over bucky. Bucky supposedly died, was captured and experimented on. Everyone knows that. So what is the problem here? It's not much of a war as much as it is captain being an old man trying to grasp what the youngsters are doing.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the main issue is that there is no context that explains why they'd fight over bucky. Bucky supposedly died, was captured and experimented on. Everyone knows that. So what is the problem here? It's not much of a war as much as it is captain being an old man trying to grasp what the youngsters are doing.
I thought the context was kind of implied.

It's going to be one group of heroes representing structure and order. Trying to enforce a set of rules they think will make the world safer. While another set of heroes represent more of an independent mindset. Valuing what they believe is right over that order.

That's the Civil War arc in a nutshell and based on the trailer it seems that's what the movie is going to be too. I'm assuming there is some horrific crime early on that Bucky gets implicated in. It's probably not entirely what it appears to be and the two different perspectives come into conflict over how to handle it. Which I think will work to a degree.

I just don't know how sympathetic Bucky is capable of being.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Here is trailer I do like that actually build the hype instead of killing it.


Not familiar with the book, though I do know it illustrated by the amazing Jim Kay. But the trailer leaves of a very interesting vibe. Directed by Bayona and executed by his regular crew (Lot of people responsible for the Orphanage and Pan's Labyrinth). Felicy Jones, Sigourney Weaver and Liam Neeson in key roles. Sounds almost too good to be true for me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
11 Days and counting for December 18th. :hip
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
[video=vimeo;148026900]https://vimeo.com/148026900[/video]
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Is it just me or is that list incredibly underwhelming?
Yep, this year, both the choice of movies and the style itself were not as good as the years before, see for comparison below. I have seen maybe 15 of the movies in the list and from those, i can probably only recommend 5 or so. RottenTomatoes´ top 100 of 2015 is pretty good this year imo, at least the top 50-60.

[video=vimeo;113355414]https://vimeo.com/113355414[/video]

[video=vimeo;80862133]https://vimeo.com/80862133[/video]
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I just saw the x-men apocalipse trailer... that looks promising. I get the impression it might rub certain religious groups wrong though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It might just be the trailer, but it was kind of glaringly obvious how hard they're pushing Jennifer Lawrence. Not sure if the movie is like that, but it doesn't really make much sense to me.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't like her taking an main role again, though it's obvious they do so because of her attracting viewers. Definitly left a far better impression than Batman v Superman, but that's probably stemming from it spoiling the entire movie already.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Another underwhelming big hype blockbuster teaser;


---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

It's been out more than 12 hours and I didn't hear about it untill now. Wonder if it because no one really cares, or if just bad timing with Star Wars hype. With Star Wars coming, a really bad date to publish that. Only reason that makes sense for me, is that this will be one of the trailers shown with Star Wars.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ugh The Force Awakens is sold out everywhere around here, for every timeslot for the few 2 days at least. :bored I really wanted to watch it on its opening night.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ugh The Force Awakens is sold out everywhere around here, for every timeslot for the few 2 days at least. :bored I really wanted to watch it on its opening night.
Dude, you've had a year to prepare, no excuses. :hip

[gb] err....:errr[/gb]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Saw the force awakens at 11pm. Theater was half full good part of living in a rural area.

Mine had like 7 trailers attached, xmen apocalypsye, capt amr civil war, warcraft, fifth wave, fantastic beasts, zootopia, kungfu panda 3

For star wars7...

Protagonists were dull, fin is an awful protagonist, the one with him was boring and derivative which made it boring.
but the antagonist so hot. Please sign me up to serve under this hotness. Best star wars character ive seen and when the mask is off. Wow. Excellently written character excellently developed. I love his non masked partner as well.
 
Last edited:
Top