Platforms The Nintendo Wii and DSi Thread

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

what do Wii stand for??

i know the "II" stands for community
but how about the "W"???
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

Suchhh an old thread~ <3

zypher said:
what do Wii stand for??

i know the "II" stands for community
but how about the "W"???
It's Wii as in "we". Here's the official statement:
the guys from Nintendo said:
Wii will break down that wall that separates game players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games...and each other."

The site goes on to say that Wii should be easy to remember for people around the world, no matter their language, and that it will avoid abbreviation. The "ii" spelling is intended to represent "both the unique controllers and the image of people gathering to play." It may also be worth noting that "ii" means "good" in Japanese.
When I heard the name Wii for the first time I laughed my ass off. Now I don't care anymore >_> And when you buy a Wii you don't say "Gimme a Wii", you say "Gimme A Nintendo Wii"... Unless you're awfully familiar with the shop assisant/sales clerk.
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

Thank you ibra87 for that official statement ^^

I am realy starting to like the name Wii now when i know what it means.
The name "Wii" is not as bad as i thought, it is simpel to say and easy to spell (good for me :tem)
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

I still don't like the name, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to *referring to what I said in the first page*. People don't care about the name as long as you're cheaper than the competition.
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

eeeh i can't realy agree with you, how about you buy a console that is called "You bought me and then you suck". It would never be a console with that name but you mabye get what i am saying^^. but i have to abmit you have a point, i rather chose a sheep console that is as good as the more expensiv consoles but with a super bad chose of name.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

zypher said:
i rather chose a sheep console that is as good
Bèèèèèh, me want a sheep console too! ;___;
( sorry, i just loved your typo )

Anyway, i hate the name, but being a ninty fanboy, i just can't turn to the competition... zelda zelda zelda!!
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

Khaludh said:
Bèèèèèh, me want a sheep console too! ;___;
( sorry, i just loved your typo )

Anyway, i hate the name, but being a ninty fanboy, i just can't turn to the competition... zelda zelda zelda!!
Buy it when it comes to Europ or order it online?
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

I am already on the waiting list for it, so I will get it in Januari ^^

And my spelling sucks, I know it :amuse
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

I have preordered now, number 24 in line. :D



But all my money will disapear, with both Wii and christmas presents. ;__;
 

infyquest

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: New version of Nintendo DS

I own the new DS Lite, its cool.
And the games I play now are supee mario bros and sudoku in brain age
 

infyquest

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

I own the new DS Lite, yaaaaaaaaay
Its cooool
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

you must be the happiest man in the world ^^ (happier then me)
 

infyquest

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

hehe but Im now rarely playing on it :(
busy with work
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: New version of Nintendo DS

What do you think about having Phoenix Wright. I think it is cool and it would be so cooler on you Lite ^^

I want your DS Lite :turtle
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

What are you working with? mabye you can play it and work at the same time
and make your working friends jealous ^^
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?! (The Wii Thread)

The christmas presents will be a pain in the ass for me to buy :p

I will have to make somthing up, any good ideas??
 

Seiken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?! (The Wii Thread)

I preordered my Wii (What a weird thing to say :blink) sometime ago. I really didn`t expect to get mine before the second shipments, at least.


BUT then I got an e-mail yesterday telling that the package is going to be sent to by the end of this week. Most likely I will have my Wii (Still weird to say) by Friday! :smile-big Simply can`t wait for Zelda TP!!
 

Stiluz

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?! (The Wii Thread)

OK, so I went down to the store 7.30 am, and at 8 am they passed out Wii-tickets which secured you a machine when they opened at 10. The shipment was delayed however, so everyone had to go down later to actually get the Wii, but all is good. I was number 12 in line, and they had 23 machines for sale. So, to the gaming!

I haven't tested out Zelda yet, just playing around with Sports, and so far, it's extremely fun! Very easy and fun controls, the new way of playing is intuitive and, well, fun. I think Nintendo has nailed it with Wii, it's been a while since I had so much fun just fooling around with a game!
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?! (The Wii Thread)

Just a noob question: the WII games will work only with new controller? They can't be used with a joypad?
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?! (The Wii Thread)

Luckas said:
Just a noob question: the WII games will work only with new controller? They can't be used with a joypad?
There are buttons on the remotes as far as I know, but I don't think you can do stuff as freely with just the buttons.

Stiluz said:
OK, so I went down to the store 7.30 am, and at 8 am they passed out Wii-tickets which secured you a machine when they opened at 10. The shipment was delayed however, so everyone had to go down later to actually get the Wii, but all is good. I was number 12 in line, and they had 23 machines for sale. So, to the gaming!

I haven't tested out Zelda yet, just playing around with Sports, and so far, it's extremely fun! Very easy and fun controls, the new way of playing is intuitive and, well, fun. I think Nintendo has nailed it with Wii, it's been a while since I had so much fun just fooling around with a game!
Argh! Whenever I hear anyone talk about Wii I really start wondering whether I should buy a PS3 or a Wii! :(
 
Top