Games The RPG thread

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
oooooo

oh man, you're going to sooooo LOVE Lufia 2, grins... Ancient Cave... :D

and be ready for the GREATEST-MOST EMOTIONAL MOST REAL_HUMAN STORY EVA!

*grins*

and it has a total surprise for you... it seems the game is over happily ever after... except the game feels very short... as it's only the middle of the game, hehe :D

oh, this game is really EMOTIONAL... TOTAL EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER!!!! YOU'LL FEEL HEART-WARMED, YOU'LL BE BAWLING RIVERS OF TEARS, YOU'LL KNOW/FEEL LOVE LIKE YOU NEVER KNWOWN BEFORE! truly EPIC EPIC EPIC GAME!

wait, I forgot, THIS GAME HAS THE BEST STORY EVA IT IS SO EMOTIONAL, SO REAL WORLD EMOTIONALLY REAL!

----------------

oh man this game is sooo awesome, so funny too... so sad... so jubilant... oh man, its the BEST!

LOVE, TRUE LOVE, TRUE GUT-WRENCHING SADNESS AND TRAGEDY, SACRIFCE and I MEAN SACRIFICE OF DEEP TRUE LOVE, HILARIOUS JOKES AND HUMOR, AND ETC!

--------------------

P.S.

If you need anything or help, I'd love to discuss it with you or help you, grins

there's also gamefaqs.com

which has some really epic threads (such as on the story-emotional aspect of it, the guy does such a great job of discussing it)

as well as threads to help with the game itself too of course

though be warned of spoilers obviously

and me too, as 'm so excited... it'll be hard to refrain from mentioning spoilers, lol :D

(I'm SOOOOOO JEALOUS of you.... I want to be able to go back and be playing it for my first time again.... sighs... )

----------------------------

P.S.S.

SERIOUSLY,

Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinstrals for the SNES is LITERALLY THEE BEST RPG OF ALL TIME FOREVER!

--------------------------------

P.S.S.S.

have fun with GADES, he *IS* beatable the first time (and you'll be rewarded for it)... though you'll need quite a bit more clvls ups than what clvl you'll likely have, unless your a pro at the game, where you can beat him at a much lower clvl :D

oh, and the capsule monsters are AWESOMELY FUN !!! :D

(your first is available pretty soon, when you can go through the shrine to the west, than go south, for your first capsule monster, FOOMY, a Neutral/physical element capsule monster)
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Lol You really like this game :XD

Yosh! Now I'm fired up! Will have to wait until tomorrow to play though -_-;
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it's got nothing to do with me, everything I said are ABSOLUTE FACTS about Lufia 2, hehe. It *IS* the greatest RPG of all time forever! It's EPICNESS of EPICNESS!
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
@Zeltrax: LOL, it's phio. Not a problem though. XD
Firstly.. I'm Really really sorry :fail I was on a phone so it was a funny typo, please forgive me :crying I should have known better to mistake someone name..

Well, in Dokapon Kingdom, you play as an adventurer. You're given missions by the king of the kingdom, and by fulfilling those missions, you get rewards. The winner is the richest adventurer by the end of all chapters. You get money not only by fulfilling missions, but also by saving towns from monsters attack. You don't travel freely like in any other adventure game, but you use a spinner with number from 1-6 to determine how far you can move. Like in a monopoly game. :)
Sounds nice and the characters are quite cute :zomg , I wish I could play it tho..but I don't have a ps2 :XD I'm now pondering whether to buy a ps3 or not but that's after my exams.
Gaming is never number 1 on my list of to do.

The game's idea is what hooked me. But since I'm alone at home, I played with the CPU. And to me it was the greatest mistake I ever done. The CPU is very crazy and merciless; and moreover, it cheated! It took me so hard to get to a place, for example, but CPU easily got there. CPU is just too lucky. =___=

But I bet it'll be fun if you play it with your friends. Or if you've find a way to cheat the CPU back. My friend's brother has, and he is triumphant. XDD
Sometimes I wonder about the CPU..I wonder if they did that on purpose for some games.
Yeah, Dokapon seems like a fun rpg, it was nominated for best rpg on wii in 2008, not sure if it won tho :darn

I've seen Harvest Moon, but I don't think I've ever tried it yet, if my memory serves me.

(I might try playing it though, as it does sound fun, with lots of developmental non-guy-fighting/adventuring stuff, which I enjoy as well as the guy-fighting/adventuring stuff too, hehe. I like developing/growing/building stuff as much as the adventuring/questing/fighting in RPGs, I love both, and that's why I love RPGs, hehe)
You forgotten romance, its a vital part of the game. Heheh.

Lufia :wtf the only one I played was sinistrals tho and it blew me away.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It's for wii right? I'll get it for my nephew since he has a wii xD
I just got some games for him...(well I really got them for me :3c)
No, it's for PS2. :O

I've seen Harvest Moon, but I don't think I've ever tried it yet, if my memory serves me.

(I might try playing it though, as it does sound fun, with lots of developmental non-guy-fighting/adventuring stuff, which I enjoy as well as the guy-fighting/adventuring stuff too, hehe. I like developing/growing/building stuff as much as the adventuring/questing/fighting in RPGs, I love both, and that's why I love RPGs, hehe)

(are you talking about the original, I think I saw it as a NES/SNES game, but I think they made later ones for the newer consoles too?)
Yep, I agree with you. It feels nice to play such peaceful games after a hard-fighting, survival game, haha~ Yay for RPG lovers!
As for the origin of HM, I'm not very sure. The first HM I've ever known is the one PlayStation1, HM; Back to Nature, and I know that there's a lot of HM for other platforms, but I consider Back to Nature as the origin of all. I could be wrong, though. :)

Firstly.. I'm Really really sorry :fail I was on a phone so it was a funny typo, please forgive me :crying I should have known better to mistake someone name..


Sounds nice and the characters are quite cute :zomg , I wish I could play it tho..but I don't have a ps2 :XD I'm now pondering whether to buy a ps3 or not but that's after my exams.
Gaming is never number 1 on my list of to do.


Sometimes I wonder about the CPU..I wonder if they did that on purpose for some games.
Yeah, Dokapon seems like a fun rpg, it was nominated for best rpg on wii in 2008, not sure if it won tho :darn


You forgotten romance, its a vital part of the game. Heheh.

Lufia :wtf the only one I played was sinistrals tho and it blew me away.
Haha, not a problem, Zeltrax. It's not like you did it on purpose. :)

PS3, huh? I want to buy PS3 only so I could play FFXIII and FFversusXIII, haha~ But that's impossible, considering how busy I am at the moment and that my parents won't guy me PS3 because the games are so expensive. XD

Oh, so there's Dokapon in Wii as well? I didn't know about that. :O

And what is this Lufia game? What is it about? Is it on PS2?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Oh but when I checked they said it's for both ps2 and wii... so maybe they released it on wii after or something.

Lufia is an old school RPG for SNES. I like it so far :D But still... I just might stick to Chrono Trigger as the best RPG ever made.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hmm, I see. Well, choose anything you'd like. I wonder if the CPU is as much annoying in Wii as it is in PS2. XD
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger is great, but Lufia 2 is the *BEST as it is PERFECT as the PINNACLE of RPG status, the "god RPG" * :D

-----------

after you played/beaten lufia 2 (due to obviously major spoilers), on gamefaqs.com:

read fleadh's 2 threads about the story/emotional/realness of it, he does an epic job at discussing it :D

(I went and looked up his name, as I couldn't remember it earlier... grr... getting old ain't fun... lol)
 
Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
The Witcher 2 is out!!!:zomg:wtf:faint...

Here are some awesome videos with featerued characters of the series
Iorveth
Zoltan
Triss
Vernon Roche

It seems Dandelion is not featured, I wonder if he even appears in the game:headscratch
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Chrono Trigger is great, but Lufia 2 is the *BEST as it is PERFECT as the PINNACLE of RPG status, the "god RPG" * :D

-----------

after you played/beaten lufia 2 (due to obviously major spoilers), on gamefaqs.com:

read fleadh's 2 threads about the story/emotional/realness of it, he does an epic job at discussing it :D

(I went and looked up his name, as I couldn't remember it earlier... grr... getting old ain't fun... lol)
Ah... I beat all games before I use any kind of faqs or walkthroughs for all the secrets. So I'm not really worried about spoilers. If the secrets are anything like the FF series, then it will be a bit hard to get all without a walkthrough.



The Witcher 2 is out already? :oh I should play 1 before I get 2 then :XD
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Dandelion is indeed in the game. Just ran into him and Zoltan.
:party...I don't have the game, yet so I was worried for that crazy romanitc, hippie:tem
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:party...I don't have the game, yet so I was worried for that crazy romanitc, hippie:tem
You should be, he was in all kinds of trouble when ol' Geralt happened across him

By the way, some FYI points for those interested in the Witcher 2.

  • It is as good as they say it is.
    There are definitely some bugs that need to be hunted down but so far the basic experience this game offers is just amazing.
  • It is hard, so very very hard(at least on the normal difficulty level).
    It gets a bit easier as you progress but parts of the prologue are just brutal. Primarily because blows stagger your character so if you screw up one parry you just get pounded; combine that with the fact that most fights have you outnumbered at least 5 to 1 and you can see how it could get difficult. I suggest rolling away a lot.
  • It is definitely harder on a PC than Crysis was (which my mid-priced gaming rig is able to play on high settings rather smoothly).
    Unless your gaming rig is sporting some unbelievable hardware you probably won't be maxing out the settings. There have been times when it clearly made my computer want to cry.

So i doubt this game would ever be showing up on XBOX 360 or PS3(at least in anything resembling it's current form). I think both would probably just burst into flames if The Witcher 2 so much as looked at them.
 
Last edited:

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah... I beat all games before I use any kind of faqs or walkthroughs for all the secrets. So I'm not really worried about spoilers. If the secrets are anything like the FF series, then it will be a bit hard to get all without a walkthrough.
I was just talking about the story-plot aspects in terms of spoilers.

the in-game secrets/side quests/items are pretty hard to miss, there's not any really difficult to discover secrets/sidequests/items in it... as long as you do basic RPG exploration and "thoroughness" (going everywhere you can and talking to people and stuff). the game's quite straight forward for the most part

except... the puzzles get hard... *grins* one of them especially... *ENJOY* hehe :D

and there's of course the AC (Ancient Cave), an entire game of its own within the game :D (Lufia 2 is so awesome, so perfect!)
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Wow...I'm really blown away by this game. It's really awesome! The special attacks with certain weapons and armor is pretty awesome and new.Well new when the game came out.... In terms of story, I have no idea whats really going on yet, but it has it's moments that made me smile lol.

I'll be pretty busy with this game if you guys don't see me :XD
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yep, the off and def rating of the gear hardly matters, its all about the IPs of the gear :D (who needs a good def rating, when you got an IP that can fully heal your entire party, hehe)

there's a lot of uber powerful IPs, so pay attention, and also look for special bonus damage on weapons, like x3 fire damage, x3 holy damage, x3 ice/water damage, x3 lightning damage etc.. as well.

look at the gear's IP, and its description of any other special stuff (bonus damage or protections or spells or etc) about it.

the off and def rating of gear doesn't matter as much, hehe :D
 
Last edited:

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mmm RPGs...:3

If there's one series that deserves an honorable mention, its the "Tales Of" series. Especially Tales of Vesperia. If you have a 360, I highly, HIGHLY, recommend getting this game if you don't own it already. It's even available for digital download now.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
You should be, he was in all kinds of trouble when ol' Geralt happened across him

By the way, some FYI points for those interested in the Witcher 2.

  • It is as good as they say it is.
    There are definitely some bugs that need to be hunted down but so far the basic experience this game offers is just amazing.
  • It is hard, so very very hard(at least on the normal difficulty level).
    It gets a bit easier as you progress but parts of the prologue are just brutal. Primarily because blows stagger your character so if you screw up one parry you just get pounded; combine that with the fact that most fights have you outnumbered at least 5 to 1 and you can see how it could get difficult. I suggest rolling away a lot.
  • It is definitely harder on a PC than Crysis was (which my mid-priced gaming rig is able to play on high settings rather smoothly).
    Unless your gaming rig is sporting some unbelievable hardware you probably won't be maxing out the settings. There have been times when it clearly made my computer want to cry.

So i doubt this game would ever be showing up on XBOX 360 or PS3(at least in anything resembling it's current form). I think both would probably just burst into flames if The Witcher 2 so much as looked at them.
I finally got the game...and it's impressive...and I totally subscribe to this post, except the last point, because I haven't played Crysis...

Anyways...it is hard, at least in the beginning...I think I know what Jammin meant
There's this battle in the castle courtyard, where you engage 6 or 7 foes, two kind of twohander, heavy armored soldiers and 4 fodders and one with a shield. That was really hard, but I spammed Aard to knock them out and kill them in one blow
However...the reason why I think sometimes it gets soo hard, is because the controls suck a bit...even though I know I need time to get used to it, locking on to certain foe is a bit tough, also changing directions is funny as well...

But the environment and the story are just eeepic...and not just the story in itself, but the way the story is told...I sometimes find myself just staring at the screen and watching Geralt do his thing, because as someone said in a review, this game is more than a game, it is a cinematic experience...and I agree with that, not just from graphics point of view, but the way the creators chose to insert cutscenes...

Graphics...the environment is great as I said...shades, lighting, movement and combat animation are really smooth and realistic...but I don't think the same can be said about the facial animations...those are quite stiff and lifeless...

About leveling up, and the actual roleplaying part...I dunno what to say, because I just started the game, so...that will come later...

I love the realistic feel of the game...the creators mentioned that they do not wish the gamer to relate personally to Geralt when they play, but rather following Geralt on his journey...which is great and I love it...lots of cutscenes FTW
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@benelori
Yeah that is exactly the part i was talking about.

I think it's actually the physics engine that is responsible for the difficulty more than the controls. Because the physics of the blows carry over to your character and causing you to lose control after you get hit, so when multiple enemy's chain blows together you just get bounced around with no opportunity to block incoming attacks.

Luckily in that part the AI has very restricted range of aggression. Run like 20 meters away in courtyard and the bad guy's forget you exist. A fact i shamelessly took advantage of
 
Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Yup:tem...same here...the hit and run tactic always works...in every game...

However I did notice some bugs here and there...like night guards loading in...or enemies just popping out from nowhere en route to the Kayran cave...

Well things like these can be solved with patches...I really hope some of the movement related issues will be sorted out...when you climb down cliffs, or try to unsheath sword while moving...well...the entire process seems sluggish a bit
 
Top