Laxus didn't use strong spells but neither did Chelia. Did we see her use high level God Slaying spells? No. Both of them pretty much defeated their respective Spriggans in one-hit. The only difference is that one was PoF and the other wasn't.
As for Laxus not using Raging Bolt and Dragon Slaying magic, it doesn't matter because his
Red Lightning is already his strongest attack.
By the way, I don't separate non-DS Laxus from DS Laxus. To me, they are the same. DS is not a power-up. It's just another set of spells that Laxus can utilize.
I don't know about Chelia, so I can't assume. But I wouldn't be surprised if August reacts the same way when Chelia uses high level god slaying spells (i.e.
Heavenly Gathering of Clouds).
DeS Gray was on par with DF Natsu back in Tartaros. So the fact that Natsu could inflict quite a bit of damage only makes sense that Gray's magic would "one-shot" Mard Geer. I put it in quotation marks because it wasn't actually a true one-shot.
Technically speaking though, TO Chelia defeated Dimaria in her base form (not god soul). She only used her god slaying magic to revert Dimaria back to her original form. So even Chelia's magic was super effective, the outcome was still because of her power.
Let me explain it this way. Chelia was always a god slayer. That never changed. So why did she struggle against Dimaria to begin with? Because she just didn't have enough attack power... So Chelia at GMG Laxus' level would not be able to one-shot Dimaria, let alone defeat her. GMG Laxus is sort of fodder at this point (his attack power isn't sufficient in defeating a Spriggan even with slayer advantage). Anyways, going back to my original point. Chelia defeated Dimaria after receiving Third Origin. Why? Because her powers simply increased.
I'm not saying slayer advantage is a non-factor. But to say it is the
main reason as to the reason why she defeated Dimaria? Not really.
I'm not saying Endurance = Durability. But it is something that is also worth to consider.
I also don't deny that Laxus has better durability. That much should be obvious. But to say he has more endurance than Chelia? I wouldn't agree, especially since Chelia can heal herself. She also demonstrated her stamina and endurance in her fight with Dimaria when she was in good condition after taking multiple blows.
Someone like Gray who is more susceptible to taking damage (he always has blood over his body), still lasts just as long as Natsu (who is known for having decent durability). Just look at their fight with Mard Geer. Gray took more damage and was still able to stand longer than Natsu. Does he have lower durability than Natsu? I don't think so even though some say he does. But the outcome is all that matters.
The only way you can knock somebody out in one-hit is if it's a
No Difficulty fight... which is not happening...
Depends actually. Chelia's speed is impressive in a way that she can maintain it for such a long time even when injured. Laxus' speed, on the other hand, is quite average... Not to mention, he can only gain a boost in speed for a short amount of time.
I don't know about you but if we're talking about the whole duration of a fight, Chelia's speed is a lot better and more useful in a sense. Therefore, I would rate it equal to Laxus overall if not better).
You mean a pre-timeskip Hades? The one that doesn't even have the actual power representation of the real Hades himself? Hades should be non-factor in his condition.
In case you guys aren't getting the point of my posts, I'm not here to say TO Chelia > Laxus. But to say Laxus stomps TO Chelia? That has got to stop...