Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm going to take back what I said last week xD they are eating again (:o cannibalism) and the development around Rin's death is imo furthering the storyline. Or how else should we understand that one line from Toriko that he wants to bring the taste of death upon those guys hiding in a place far away?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Don't say she's dead before her terminal breatd is drewn :)

anyway chapter with not so many words. Then again we had a visual interaction on the other side. I look forward to that new form or stage toriko is getting into. His anger must be so big, he's really determined to finish off stayjuun. I do agree that it seems Rin is dead but I wonder what use it would have to kill a minor character? Lemme say it's good for toriko to become stronger but I wouldn't be surprised if later on she still has a life sign.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well, we'll see. I dunno about Rin. It seems like she hasn't had enough development to be killed off yet, to me. But maybe she is dead.
The thing with Komatsu was he was brought back from near death, so maybe a similar thing will happen. Toriko's form of power up seems really interesting to me for a Shonen-powerup. This autophagy thing is interesting... It took me a while to figure out what the word was from katakana. But the ways Shimabukuro has been able to make the plot orient around food still is really interesting. We'll see where this goes.

I should mention, Toriko gets a full script spoiler every Tuesday, I could try to translate it, though it would take a while then I'd have to edit it for the final translation. It'd just take longer because it has contextual notes and skips some SFX. Though it does have the important ones, which as I've said do matter in this kinda series.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

unless the next storyline is about coco's death prediction thing always being wrong i can't see rin surviving... unless one of the others dies
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Coco's death omen was right for all the low-level Bishokuya's who were outside the cave system where they were going for the Puffer Fish Whale. So it does have accuracy. What was it, wrong 3% of the time?

Gido has to die, too.
And Staajyun said he wouldn't kill Komatsu, and the main character ain't gonna die. So that's probably what'll happen, unless she's brought back to life somehow. But this'll be the finale of the arc.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Or it will be something subtle about Toriko eatig himself and thus one part of him died... and there are even more possibilities if the death omen is not restricted to persons?
 

Raysen_ht

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
77
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This is a great series!!
I believe Rin will survive, and that she is only out cause Toriko kissed her (at least that would fit her character).
I can almost bet that the Jewel meat will be on Toriko´s menu
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The way they described the Jewel Meat makes me so hungry. I love food series so much, and chapters like this really make me glad that Toriko wasn't cut after the first 8 chapters
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I haven't read a series that made me ache for food so much since Cooking Master Boy (was anyone else drooling whenever they started describing the food?) It's such a pity we can't eat these in real life (though I guess it's better than living in a world where your food has a higher chance of eating -you-).

How long would you guys think this series can go on for? I'm thinking maybe 20-ish volumes, since the only things I see that would keep Toriko longer are the GT Robots and a possible dark side to the bishokukai or something...
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well, generally you can't tell how long a series will go on for at 50 chapters. Maybe One Piece you could get the jst of "really really long time" because in 50 chapters they hadn't even gotten to the Grand Line.
Toriko I feel could go on for a while because he needs to do his entire menu. And only has one thing, maybe he'll add the Jewel Meat to it.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm a little disappointed on how the death omen only was a sidenote like "oh it was on Toriko afterall". It's allright that the coward survived and also that Sanis hair was able to help Rin until proper aid is near. maybe just my impression though.

Best appearance imo was Terry riding on the obsaurs - she's totally badass :tem
 

Lord.Strife

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
445
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm a little disappointed on how the death omen only was a sidenote like "oh it was on Toriko afterall". It's allright that the coward survived and also that Sanis hair was able to help Rin until proper aid is near. maybe just my impression though.

Best appearance imo was Terry riding on the obsaurs - she's totally badass :tem
Rofl i agree terry is the best
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So gourmet cells will respond differently for each person? Interesting. I agree that Sani definitely should be the one to have Jewel Meat on his full menu if it is so much more effective on him than the others.

I wonder if Komatsu has given any thought to making his own menu. He has been fortunate enough to eat some very high level ingredients, and will undoubtedly have more before the manga ends
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

K, so Toriko is getting an OVA for an anime at this year's Super Jump Anime Tour, like they did in the past with Gintama and some others



Credit for that goes to Heiji-sama.

Here's a link where we were talking about it in the Jump thread.
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1436151

So it's not like a full TV anime yet, just a mini thing. It would need at least another year under its belt for that. I'll make sure to fansub it when it shows up if it's not with english subtitles when it comes out like they did last year.
 
Last edited:

Jabberwocky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Wow, Toriko is one step closer to getting its own anime.
 
Last edited:

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

And Terry is one step closer to getting her own full menu. I'm kind of excited to see them going after this corn; the rarity of the item means we are due for lots of twists when it comes to procuring it. Fingers crossed that they don't have to fight any robots to get the food this time. I want to save them for a later arc
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

And Terry is one step closer to getting her own full menu. I'm kind of excited to see them going after this corn; the rarity of the item means we are due for lots of twists when it comes to procuring it. Fingers crossed that they don't have to fight any robots to get the food this time. I want to save them for a later arc
Honestly I hope they are done with the robots. I thought the robots were ok but I hope next time those guys show up they show up in person and do battle that way.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Hah! Not the way I would have expected they would show the gender for Terry, but there you go. Plant Hell/Hell Plant is certainly a formidable location
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Terry should be a girl, like I said. It's not really clear what anything's coming out of in those pictures, so I dunno what you're implying.
Also the Hell Plant is a thing. Not a place. They live in the forest. That's the impression I got...
Maybe you're right. Looking through the chapter it makes sense. I think maybe you're right in that "Plant Hell" makes a better name. I'll change my previous translation for whenever Sugoi-Sans/Draagon get to it.

This chapter's got a lotta text... gonna take a while...
 
Last edited:

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I only want to say Plant Hell because I've been reading Devil Defense. Everything is ___ Hell to them.

The gender thing is just based on the dogs I have owned. There were a couple boy dogs who squatted because they saw the girls doing it, but none of the girls ever lifted their legs. I'm still find calling Terry a girl since the important part of those panels was just the visual gag. Everybody knows what it means when they see an animal doing that motion, even without the pee lines
 
Top