Komusubi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Today I have finally finished reading all 61 chapters. I like very much this manga.
I didn't understand very well who is the mosquito-boy. Can somebody explain me who he is? Does he belong to the "bishoku-kai"?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Today I have finally finished reading all 61 chapters. I like very much this manga.
I didn't understand very well who is the mosquito-boy. Can somebody explain me who he is? Does he belong to the "bishoku-kai"?
Yeah, mosquito guy is one of bishoku-kai.
 

Komusubi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah, mosquito guy is one of bishoku-kai.
And... what about his role in Bishoku-kai? Is he above Staajun or not?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

And... what about his role in Bishoku-kai? Is he above Staajun or not?
I think his role didn't revealed yet, but Bishoku-kai sent him for retrieving borken GT-Robo on Regal Island.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Also they never even give him a name.... Just "straw guy". Woo. Everyone in the Bishokukai is a weirdo it seems.

Also, that spoiler whoever posted last week was fake, so please check your sources better next time.

Toriko has the cover next week, too. Probably for the Jump Anime Tour with Toriko's new anime.
 

Idol

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
277
Reaction score
6,893
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Script

Source: 2ch
Credit: Ohana
Verification: Confirmed

トリコジャンプ表紙だよ




Ohana said Toriko is on the Cover of Jump

[koen]Don't forget the spoiler tags, please ^^[/koen]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I already said that.

Toriko has the cover next week, too. Probably for the Jump Anime Tour with Toriko's new anime.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Great chapter, nice to see another face of the bishokukai and it has to be a vice-head chief. Btw, do these guys always fight with a GT robot?

I like toriko's usage of his power and my guess is that he'll meet the old man who saved komamura (the cook whose name I really forget and sorry if I am wrong)
 

Komusubi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm happy Toriko and Therry met someone too much stronger than them. Now they have to become stronger. This is the base for the length of a manga.
If I understood grinpatch, like Staajun are both vice-head Chief. This mean every branch of the boshoku-kai has his own vice-head chief.
I wonder if the chief is only one.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I hope if Toriko has to train to get stronger, It's one chapter of the actual training and the rest is training-by-doing like Mago did. I don't want it to go like Reborn or Naruto where they train for many days and become unbeatable despite the technique never being tested for true battle.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

We finally get to see the faces Bishokukai and who those Gt robots controllers were. I'm really digging Kuromado's crazy mustache and hair. I'm glad to see a better explanation of cell evolutions and the walls as the limits. Komatsu is back, my favorite sidekick in any manga. Since Toriko's cells evolved from eating the jeweled meat, I'm sure the rest of the gang got some sort of power-up. I can't wait for the next expedition! :thumbs
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Can I get some clarification on how Staajyun's name is suppose to be? I've seen Staajyun in past chapters yet this chapter it is Star Jun. If anyone can clear that up I'd appreciate it.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

We finally get to see the faces Bishokukai and who those Gt robots controllers were. I'm really digging Kuromado's crazy mustache and hair. I'm glad to see a better explanation of cell evolutions and the walls as the limits. Komatsu is back, my favorite sidekick in any manga. Since Toriko's cells evolved from eating the jeweled meat, I'm sure the rest of the gang got some sort of power-up. I can't wait for the next expedition! :thumbs
Yes, I agree with you...

This chapter was good because we finally got to see the faces of the villains. It was indeed good they explained what cell evolution, etc means in this manga.

I think we'll have a short break but I expect it to get into a new main arc. Anyway, I do wonder what gourmet town looks like.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Can I get some clarification on how Staajyun's name is suppose to be? I've seen Staajyun in past chapters yet this chapter it is Star Jun. If anyone can clear that up I'd appreciate it.
I never used that name in my translation. It was that group's mistake. Besides it being a lack of consistency it makes no sense to make it two words...

Anyway, the chapter was good. It gave me the feel like with D.Gray-man how they introduce a lot of villains beforehand, except for the fact a bunch of these have already appeared, just as GT Robos.

Course, they're not all necessarily fighters and such.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I never used that name in my translation. It was that group's mistake. Besides it being a lack of consistency it makes no sense to make it two words...
Ah thanks for clarifying then. :tem

As for the chapter itself, I agree it was a good one. Have the villains expanded a bit more, the potential of growth for Toriko and others increases, and we are set up to go on another adventure. ^__^
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Do you guys think they might expand the team of "good guys" in gourmet town a little bit? after all there are 7 on the counterpart, but only 4 strong fighters on Toriko's side introduced so far.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Do you guys think they might expand the team of "good guys" in gourmet town a little bit? after all there are 7 on the counterpart, but only 4 strong fighters on Toriko's side introduced so far.
Yeah I think so, but iirc there's still one which hasn't been introduced or am I completely wrong?

Anyway, this world will be pretty interesting enought for more allies to join them ^^
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

We technically still have Chief Mansam and Rin on Toriko's side so that can be considered 6. Although the Chief is far more capable in a fight than Rin.

Yeah I think so, but iirc there's still one which hasn't been introduced or am I completely wrong?

Anyway, this world will be pretty interesting enought for more allies to join them ^^
Yeah, Zebra still needs a proper introduction. Whenever he gets out of Gourmet Jail.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

There's also Hagematsu and the other IGO guys, you gotta consider...

And yeah, that guy who is probably the 4th branch leader, since the other vice head chef didn't show up. the guy with the helmet wasn't introduced but he was at the meeting. Elg, the guy who didn't show up was the 1st.
So it's like this: (Changed it all to be in rank order)

Boss (Not named, don't know anything about him except he eats a lot and wants GOD.)

Head Chef:
Kuromado

Vice Head Chefs:
Staajyun
Grinpatch
Tommyrod (Didn't show up. Refferred to as -sama so is likely the last vice head chef.)

Branch Heads:
1st Branch: Elg (Didn't show up)
2nd Branch: Yuu
3rd Branch: Jerryboy
4rd Branch: Viking-looking guy (Wasn't introduced. This is the only open spot though.)
5th branch: Bogiuz
6th branch: Sedoru

Other guys:
Joejoe (Secretary guy)
Zaiper (Scary guy who was angry at Gido for breaking his GT Robo at Regal Mammoth.)
Gido (Fought Coco in giant GT Robo. Killed by Staajyun off screen.)
Dohsa (Wild Man who was replaced by Staajyun to go on hunt for the Regal Mammoth.)
Bei (Basically weak guy beaten in GT Robo at Gourmet Collesium.)
 
Last edited:

Idol

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
277
Reaction score
6,893
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It's many weeks that i don't find spoiler of toriko on 2ch.... :(
No one open a new thread on 2ch...
 
Top