fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Who knows? I know that Setsuno took the items from Jirou's full course menu and actually made dishes out of them; there's a chance that Komatsu will do the same thing with the Cola. He already took the Rainbow fruit and turned it into that delicious looking pudding thing.

Cola is a pretty handy ingredient though. Cola boiling is used in restaurants to cook down meat, and I remember they did a similar thing on Yakitate! Japan once with nori.
 

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
908
Reaction score
576
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Who knows? I know that Setsuno took the items from Jirou's full course menu and actually made dishes out of them; there's a chance that Komatsu will do the same thing with the Cola. He already took the Rainbow fruit and turned it into that delicious looking pudding thing.
Yeah... You have a point. Maybe he could make the cola into ice slush or something :amuse

Cola is a pretty handy ingredient though. Cola boiling is used in restaurants to cook down meat, and I remember they did a similar thing on Yakitate! Japan once with nori.
:blink
Really? Never heard of it being used in this way. Guess it's another thing that shows how utterly unfamilar with so many aspects of cooking I am :eyeroll . Hmm, oing a google search on this, I find that aside fromt he use you mentioned, cola is also used in certain cakes/pastries and the like as well... So maybe Komatsu could find more uses for it than I thought there would be :) .
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Toriko 12
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nice cover not my most favourite one but good enough. Komatsu and Toriko are a great duo.

Anyway, for the few french speaking people: Toriko is said to be announced by kaze-manga.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

That cover got me thinking about the partnership between Gourmet Hunters and Chefs. We've had a bit of attention put on that bond lately, with Toriko and Komatsu forming a pair, but we haven't seen any evidence that Sani or Coco have their own partners. I wonder if they will get some in the future, or if it will be one of those times in a manga where they tell the main character that it is super important that he does ____ but his colleagues aren't expected to do the same and so they eventually become less important.
 

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
908
Reaction score
576
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

That cover got me thinking about the partnership between Gourmet Hunters and Chefs. We've had a bit of attention put on that bond lately, with Toriko and Komatsu forming a pair, but we haven't seen any evidence that Sani or Coco have their own partners. I wonder if they will get some in the future, or if it will be one of those times in a manga where they tell the main character that it is super important that he does ____ but his colleagues aren't expected to do the same and so they eventually become less important.
Well now, Toriko (and in extension Komatsu) is the one that Ichiryuu is putting his hopes upon for the next gourmet age (or forthgoing, as the case may be), so it's natural. Besides, despite Ichiryuu arguing that every Gourmet Hunter should have a cook as his partner, otherwise their meny "loses all value" as he puts it, we've seen that most gourmet hunters don't have a chief as their partner. So far, the only ones we've seen having a chief as their partner are Jirou, Toriko and Acacia himself. But otherwise, a lot of gourmet hunters, even high-ranking ones, doesn't have ones. Indeed, Ichiryuu himself doesn't seem to have any cook partner as of yet...
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Chapter has been out for a while on MS.

Director Glass, was he already introduced in the manga? I get the feeling he was but can remember where.

Anyway, Zebra seems to be the strongest one out of the four.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Loved how over-the-top the new knife was. It'd be funny if that was how it acted every time Komatsu used it in the kitchen. Chopping up some carrots, and then you see he has accidently destroyed the city.
 

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
908
Reaction score
576
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Chapter has been out for a while on MS.

Director Glass, was he already introduced in the manga? I get the feeling he was but can remember where.

Anyway, Zebra seems to be the strongest one out of the four.

He was introduced in chapter 19.

And, yes, Zebra seems to be the strongest so far. But also something of a "problem child", according to Toriko.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I've been thinking about the origin of Toriko's scar near his left eye. Part of me wants to think it's from his first encounter with a creature when he was young. That moment made him want to track down and discover the gourmet world. Right now Toriko's body seems impervious to any future scars, probably from the gourmet cells since there was nothing after he regrew his arm.
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

From ohana (2ch):
ココ サニー トリコで食事。
コーラを飲んでる
トリコは今度メロウコーラを取りに行く
そこに、小松が登場。
メルク包丁見てて遅れました〜と

予約5年待ち 豪華客馬に乗って出発
サニーは三途の道まで
ココはジダル王付近へ

んで、みんなでメルク包丁眺める
良かったね、メルクは食べたの?とココ
俺の触角でも触れなかったとサニー
メルクの星屑を食べた食べないは、メルク小松トリコの秘密ってことで〜

ココ なんでトリコはこの船に乗ったのか聞く
館内放送『黄泉の門』
トリコ もう着いちまった ゼブラを迎えに行く!お前らにお願いがある
四天王の好みだ ゼブラ迎えに行くの手伝ってくんね?
ココ サニー 断る

小松と降りるトリコ
トリコ 手土産は一応こしらえたがこれじゃ足りねえかな
背後から ゼブラ 足りねえよ。 トリコに声だけ聞こえる(小松には聞こえない)

トリコ 音弾を?この距離から… あの野郎成長してやがる
ゼブラ聞こえるか?遠くからの再会の挨拶じゃねーか?

最後にゼブラのニヤケタ口元だけうつる
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I've just caught up to this excellent manga, here be my first contribution to this thread :nuts

Translation of above spoiler
Spoiler translationVerification: Confirmed
SOurce: 2ch, MH
Credits: Ohana, saladesu

Coco, Sani, Toriko are having a meal.
They're drinking cola
Toriko says he will now go to get mellow cola
Then, Komatsu appears
He says he was late because he was looking at Melk kitchen knives

After a wait of about 5 years, they set out in extravagance in a horse carriage (TN: not so sure about this, the kanji are literally passenger horse, and google is not very helpful :|)
Sani will go until at a fork in the road
Coco will go to the vicinity of Jidaru-ou

And then, everyone gazes at the Melk kitchen knife
Coco: That's good, did you eat the Melk stardust? (TN: actually Ohana has this line as what would normally translate to "did Melk eat" but this doesn't seem to fit, so this is what I am going with)
Sani: I couldn't even feel the dust with my feelers
It is a secret between Melk, Komatsu and Toriko with regards to whether or not they ate or did not eat the Melk stardust~

Coco: Why is Toriko riding this ship?
Announcement in the building: Kousen no Tobira (Hell's Door)
Toriko: Here we are. I'm going to get Zebura! I have a request for all of you, between us 4 heavenly kings. Won't you help me with getting Zebura?
Coco and Sani refuse

Toriko gets off with Komatsu
Toriko: I made a present, but maybe it's not enough
Zebura, from behind: It's not enough.
Only Toriko can hear this voice, Komatsu can't hear it

Toriko: Sound bullets? From such a distance... That bastard sure's gotten better
Zebura can you hear me? Was that you greeting me for our reunion from as far away as you are?

In the end all we see are Zebura's effeminate mouth
 

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
908
Reaction score
576
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well chapter has been out at mangastream for a while since yesterday - Zebura sure seems like an impressive guiy so far. He doesn't have many who like him either, apparently, what with Coco and Sani's refusal to meet him. I guess next week we'll see him and Toriko meet each other face to face :)

And Crystal Cola... *drools*
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I don't think that people don't like Zebura. I just believe that it is for the world's own good that they lock up Zebura. He is not a villain and I am sure that the other three accept him as one of their group. I think that answers will unfold the secrets of Zebura. I wouldn't be surprised if Zebura will unlock himself when Toriko and Komatsu enter his prison.

Anyway, the refusal of Sanji and Coco was hilarious :)
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Sup! I'm new to this manga and I'm surprised at how much I like it. There's so much I'm ready to see.

I also think Zebura is still in the prison of his own will like mentioned above. They'll probably come to release him and he'll say I heard it all so I started taking off the chains.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Komatsu using his new knife on an adventure after seeing it split Melk Mountain. And I wonder why they are keeping how the Melk Star Dust tasted a secret? It must have some amazing affects.
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

From ohana (2ch):
トリコ、歩きながら会話。
Toriko keeps on conversing with Zebra while walking.
小松には異様に見える。独り言言ってるみたいに見えるから
Komatsu finds it very strange that Toriko is talking on his own to "nobody".

トリコ、見えないゼブラに小松の説明
Toriko explains to Komatsu about Zebura, who's not yet seen.

見えて来たのはグルメ刑務所
Then they're at the Gourmet prison.
ハニープリズン副所長(名はオーバン)がお迎えに来る
Honey prison's deputy chief, Ooban, welcomes them.
オーバンは、刑務所の種類の説明をする
Ooban explains about the categories in this prison.
A級食犯  三大グルメ刑務所がある。スカイプリズン プリズンサブマリーン
For class-A gourmet criminal, there are three big prison: Sky prison, prison submarine [sic?]
それとハニープリズン
and Honey prison.
ハニープリズンの説明
Then he explains about Honey prison.
処刑獣が、わんさかいる
There are a lot of execution beast around.
トリコ これだけの獣を手なずける所長さんも大したもんだ
Toriko: It takes quite a lot for the chief to tame them (TN: not sure here)

中に進み
enters the building
刑務所の 刑のフルコースの説明
The deputy explains about the full course in the prison.

所長室に着く。大きい扉があり、トリコは大男メルクみたいのを想像してると
Arrives in the chief's room. There's a big gate which reminds Toriko of the big Melk I.
出て来たのは
赤ちゃん言葉を話す 蜂の格好をした子供
As they get in, a child dressed as a bee talks to them in a babyish manner.

終わり★サーセイ
 
Last edited:

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Latest chapter is out from Mangastream.

S-so precious. I can't even function right now because of the cute overload
 
Top