LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I guess MS heard my complaint and rushed to release it, because here is the chapter hahah

Chapter 147 English Edited Manga
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nice chapter, but these last chapters seem filler to me. I wonder when the real adventure is going to start.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Those chapters probably are fillers, so that he can plan his next arc better. Much like what Eiichiro Oda did with One Piece before the timeskip (Luffy, Ace and Sabo). At least that mini-arc seemed filler to me :)

The filler chapters are enjoyable though, so I won't complain, unless it goes on with these kind of chapters for a while.
 

Keino

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

A very nice chapter with heartwarming elements to it.
One think I noticed is another person with screw like objects embedded in their heads/body
example 1, guy from this chap, Mansam here

In the last link Mansam says his sense of pain is numbed I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Anyway the next chapter looks like Toriko will be looking for the next ingredient on the list. Looking forward to it.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

the woman Bishokuya from 2 chapters ago had them as well, so no they are just random at this point.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This was a nice, heartwarming chapter. Just that I found it pretty strange to say that "the most important thing is food" when what he was regretting was that he was out there as a Bishokuya searching for ingredients (food) instead of spending time with his wife actually eating the food. Anyway I thought this encounter might have been used to make Toriko take a step back and reevaluate why he's being a bishokuya, but I guess not.

The aori at the end of the chapter seems promising - a new development! Can't wait.

Perhaps the screws will indeed have some importance later on. Maybe they are "modified" humans? If one can have gourmet cells put into their bodies, modifying their brains/heads wouldn't be too farfetched.
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah, I thought this was a decent filler chapter as well. I guess since there's an anime now, he has to space things out a bit. Plus it looks like they are using fan ideas for beasts and ingredients for the anime fillers too.

I think we might get one more "filler" chapter before the arc really gets going. But I think the next will end with the beginning of the next arc.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The aori at the end of the chapter seems promising - a new development! Can't wait.
The previous one also said there would be a development this chapter so I'm not sure they are reliable.
 

eclipse12

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
11
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I get it. These filler chapters are all part of the next major ingredent. I read on the wikia that the next ingredent is Nova Ramen. The apple and the egg are all apart of this next ingredent.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Toriko finally has its own section :confetti

We hope everyone likes the new addition! We've started some threads already but I'd like to encourage everyone to please feel free to start a new thread for any pertinent discussion that isn't already covered by the threads started :thumbs Enjoy, and spread the Toriko love ~~~
 

Keino

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes a new section!!!!! :) now I can finally spam new Toriko threads(joking)
But seriously it is one of my favs and the more discussion opportunities the better.
 

yellowblue

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
357
Reaction score
79
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yey like Noblesse, Toriko finally got a new section. Thanks!

Too bad people in Toriko are reborn as ingredient lol.
 

exacta

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
2,709
Reaction score
1,323
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Got to say, its about damn time they gave Toriko a new section lol.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
This is sooooo awesome, Toriko has it's own board now!!!!

I thought I saw Beelzebub had it's own board earlier, but I'm much more excited, about damn time!
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko 148 Spoiler Thread

It's getting frustrating that Mangastream continues churning out Reborn before Toriko, the ratings of the two are night and day. I can only hope that it's because Mangastream's staffers who work on the two chapters the Reborn people are available earlier than the Toriko staffers.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko 148 Spoiler Thread

It's getting frustrating that Mangastream continues churning out Reborn before Toriko, the ratings of the two are night and day. I can only hope that it's because Mangastream's staffers who work on the two chapters the Reborn people are available earlier than the Toriko staffers.
Well if its like that then the Toriko should be before Bleach as well, right? It's probably just availability, or perhaps this is just the order the staff thought would be best.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, it's definitely about time Toriko got its own section. Now we can take our random ramblings that we have in here and make actual threads out of them :cookiehand
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko 148 Spoiler Thread

My group (Hi Wa Mata Noboru) should at some point be able to go back to getting Toriko Edited Mangas done on Wednesdays. Just my cleaner's been busy and now we're behind and gotta catch up. We principally only have one cleaner for Toriko, though sometimes other guys on Juin Jutsu Team help out. But we should be able to get raws then and get it done weekly once he's less so.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
You're all welcome... A great manga deserves great love but I hope that the section will deserve your love too.

Create threads, discuss the manga and make it a lively place
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One thing we haven't run across so far in this series is people with dietary restrictions. Are there no vegetarians in the gourmet era? What about food allergies? Heck, the closest thing we've seen to a person NOT wanting to eat anything is Rin being grossed out by Mansam's booze-centric full course menu.

This might be another weird thing to complain about, but the cooking in this series seems pretty basic. I watch a lot of cooking competitions, and have seen some really amazing things that people do with food these days. But Komatsu doesn't seem like the type who would ever dabble in something like Molecular Gastronomy. One thing I like about food series is seeing all the research the authors do to really make the food come alive. If we get to see more of the chefs in this series I hope they bring their own unique cooking styles.
 
Top