Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 498 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 498 Spoilers & Discussion

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I haven't missed them. I just don't trust SIU to actually go through with it.
Yeah, I’m not 100% confident that SIU will permanently remove a Slayer at this point of the story. There are still spots open for recruitments as well. All 11 position will need to be fulfilled before the final war.

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I’m not 100% confident that SIU will permanently remove a Slayer at this point of the story. There are still spots open for recruitments as well. All 11 position will need to be fulfilled before the final war.
Good chance if Baam defeats White, he’ll be truly acknowledged by Kallavan and win him over into joining FUG!

spike

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think Baam will be mature enough to prioritise his current objective over revenge. Activating his full power just plays into White’s plan and desire. The best way to deal with White is to continue with his “unchanging eyes”, save Jinsung Ha and then devour White later…but on Baam’s terms not White.

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Slayers can't actually kill Family Heads, so they don't absolutely need to be filled. I mean maybe we can get some names, but I don't think all the Slayers will be important going forward. If anything Cha could always take up White's place if he got offed.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I don't really think that's so much the issue (the Slayers are largely a joke as far as their stated purpose goes anyway, and the events of this battle are making that clearer as we go). He just seems to personally like White, and I don't have faith that he's going to give this to Baam.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Slayers can't actually kill Family Heads, so they don't absolutely need to be filled. I mean maybe we can get some names, but I don't think all the Slayers will be important going forward. If anything Cha could always take up White's place if he got offed.
Yup, the new members are already with him Cha, Dowon, EVK, and Kallavan!

Fish009

Reaction score
Country
Australia
maybe…bring vincente back? Pretty please?:nod

Jedikos

Reaction score
Country
Ghana
I don't really think that's so much the issue (the Slayers are largely a joke as far as their stated purpose goes anyway, and the events of this battle are making that clearer as we go). He just seems to personally like White, and I don't have faith that he's going to give this to Baam.
We better not return to Baam breaking needles, well in this case, White's sword, and leaving it at that.

Max12

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
People think really white will die in this arc lmfao until hundred floor he will not die and never he will go with bam that it . Their philosophy are completly different. And for people who want bam to beat white your take are ass that it .

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States

From Shiin
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

☝🏻
White wanting to see that blue guy that told Baam that he is destined to stand above every living thing will be the last thing he does before he dies. Wake that shit up White, let’s fucking go.

I hope that demon gives White a trauma forreal🙄

”Your power, is the power to devour everything. You absorb power from others to turn it into your own, and you will only get stronger. Even the resentment of those countless people was simply a snack for you. But is that magnanimity which embraces everything? Not at all. The root of your power is nothing but merciless gluttony.” - Blue Thryssa.
You really think Baam will kill his friend given the clone is trapped in White... lol

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... bam can now use shinsoo to quickly heal himself? It makes sense considering his basic skills already register even at the high ranker level. I kinda hope we get to see an exploded bam put himself back together soon. Though I suppose healing of that level is probably more common among people with naturally sturdy bodies...

I suppose the question here is... whose is going to pay for the fuckup? White for taunting bam like this or bam for staying to fight white? Bam probably has some juice in the tank along with more power to draw out on but the fact remains that so far bam just doesn't have the skillset to deal with arie swordsmanship. He doesn't have the resilience for it, the raw power to end white swiftly or the ability to actually counter arie swordsmanship. He can handle a slash or two but in the end bam has been ineffective at this.

However much I think about it, from bam's current skillset the only thing I can think of that would allow him to deal with arie swordsmaship is the thrysas. not the shield or sword of course. Bam engaging in a swordfight with white is plainly moronic and as far as we know white can conjure omnidirectional slashes from behind the shield. But if bam advances the thrysas mimesis further and covers himself in them... He could perhaps get a thyrsa armor of sorts that could actually take a few slashes at a time and even allow bam a chance to counterattack white.

Alternatively the power of souls could arbitrarily be enough but it is worth noting that the arie swordsmanship bam could draw from it would be inadequate. I suppose it'd be interesting if bam can weaken white's spell and bring forth the final close. I wonder if bam will go for recovering prince's and akaraptor's souls...

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
At some point White needs to tell Baam he lied and that Rachel actually killed Arkraptor. With the introduction of his daughter being with Apple and Michel, there is likely pay off there

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
At some point White needs to tell Baam he lied and that Rachel actually killed Arkraptor. With the introduction of his daughter being with Apple and Michel, there is likely pay off there
I don't think that's really Baam's storyline overall, though. It's Wangnan's issue to resolve, just as it was his fault that Akraptor died. I don't see Baam getting too mixed up in conflicts between Regulars going forward.

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think that's really Baam's storyline overall, though. It's Wangnan's issue to resolve, just as it was his fault that Akraptor died. I don't see Baam getting too mixed up in conflicts between Regulars going forward.
I wonder if given Hoaquin has better control over the spell than the clone if he can actually restore souls

SIU said he was honorable, even if he was deranged, so I'm wondering if his promise to return that girl from the train was true

You obvious can't return Arkraptor for obv reasons

Fish009

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So... bam can now use shinsoo to quickly heal himself? It makes sense considering his basic skills already register even at the high ranker level. I kinda hope we get to see an exploded bam put himself back together soon. Though I suppose healing of that level is probably more common among people with naturally sturdy bodies...

I suppose the question here is... whose is going to pay for the fuckup? White for taunting bam like this or bam for staying to fight white? Bam probably has some juice in the tank along with more power to draw out on but the fact remains that so far bam just doesn't have the skillset to deal with arie swordsmanship. He doesn't have the resilience for it, the raw power to end white swiftly or the ability to actually counter arie swordsmanship. He can handle a slash or two but in the end bam has been ineffective at this.

However much I think about it, from bam's current skillset the only thing I can think of that would allow him to deal with arie swordsmaship is the thrysas. not the shield or sword of course. Bam engaging in a swordfight with white is plainly moronic and as far as we know white can conjure omnidirectional slashes from behind the shield. But if bam advances the thrysas mimesis further and covers himself in them... He could perhaps get a thyrsa armor of sorts that could actually take a few slashes at a time and even allow bam a chance to counterattack white.

Alternatively the power of souls could arbitrarily be enough but it is worth noting that the arie swordsmanship bam could draw from it would be inadequate. I suppose it'd be interesting if bam can weaken white's spell and bring forth the final close. I wonder if bam will go for recovering prince's and akaraptor's souls...
I think the seond thorn would be the answer in handling arie swordsmanship, spacial manipulation can deal with white’s attack that appears from any directon. i dont like the idea of prince and akraptor being revived, but I’ll tolerate it if Vincente is back with them

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the seond thorn would be the answer in handling arie swordsmanship, spacial manipulation can deal with white’s attack that appears from any directon. i dont like the idea of prince and akraptor being revived, but I’ll tolerate it if Vincente is back with them
Well you can't revive Arkraptor, rachel put a sword through his heart, nothing magical, just a length of steel

spike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Bam 100% has the skill set to deal with Arie swordsmanship. The challenge for Baam isn’t “Arie swordsmanship “ it’s that he’s facing a top 100 ranker who is a lot more faster, stronger and more experienced than him.

TBF, in season 2, SUI in his blog post mentioned that Whites status as a regular (with HR power) would make for interesting scenarios as they climbed the tower. I don’t think we’ve been able to explore that dynamic in the story yet…so maybe SIU plans to keep White around for a bit longer.

Anzere1stclass

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Even with that white stomp 100% bam . All my bet on white
Don't be too sure of yourself white may be very powerful but till now bam haven't used all his Power even against kallavan but I think white will win but with serious injury

Souls don't add raw power ,horn was already in max in 496 . He used his most powerful black hole sphere in chapter 496 .

He is already before the ignition. Ignition will just raw power . I think bam bandwagon power need to finish seriously only his hax help him in this fight lmfao
Bam haven't stab himself with the 2 Thorn yet siu has kinda show us on the last station that if bam had stabbed himself with the second Thorn he would have been able to fight kallavan but karaka interrupted this

Max12

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Don't be too sure of yourself white may be very powerful but till now bam haven't used all his Power even against kallavan but I think white will win but with serious injury

Bam haven't stab himself with the 2 Thorn yet siu has kinda show us on the last station that if bam had stabbed himself with the second Thorn he would have been able to fight kallavan but karaka interrupted this
Lmfao he will do nothing bam bandwagon power is worst than chad eren . Ignition will change nothing.

Second thorn don't even add raw power

White 20% eat bam ignition for his lunch