Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
If anyone interested, Jump announced that they going to distribute Issue 15 on online for free because the magazines were unable be release at the areas that had damages with earthquake/tsunami.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
What Negative said :) It's kinda cool. Too bad I'm on a mac and it doesn't work with macs. You need Windows 7/XP/Vista.

Here is where you can read it :D
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Kochi Kame 174, Tegami Bachi 12, Inumaru Dashi 7, Kurohime 18, Naruto 55, Bleach 49 and Swot 3 will be delaye. Normaly they will be out april 4th, but because earthquake, they will be out april 21.
Thanks for sharing that. May I ask where you heard/read that information?
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
What Negative said :) It's kinda cool. Too bad I'm on a mac and it doesn't work with macs. You need Windows 7/XP/Vista.

Here is where you can read it :D
I've got vista but it's not working. I'm using firefox as a web browser. Anybody help me??

P.S.: Sal, mind helping me compile the art tributes of mangakas for the earthquake victims?? just click on the link in my sig.
 

come come paradise

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
France
I've got vista but it's not working. I'm using firefox as a web browser. Anybody help me??

P.S.: Sal, mind helping me compile the art tributes of mangakas for the earthquake victims?? just click on the link in my sig.
I've got Vista and FF and it's working perfectly fine for me. Have you downloaded the .exe file? Once the program ("Comic Viewer" or w/e) is installed on your computer you just need to click on the series you want to read on this link and it should open in the program.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
At first I thought they meant Issue #16, and I was like, "Wow, that's really generous of JUMP! :o" Then I re-read and common sense kicked in. XD It's still an awesome gesture though. Hopefully it'll be up for some time until the children in Touhoku can get some access to the Internet. (It might be possible with their phones.)

Aww I use a Mac. :darn
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
@Newkerzy: Sorry for not noticing your message earlier...! Didn't check this thread until now and didn't see the thread you'd created either. I've posted there now :)

Anyway, not exactly related to WSJ TOCs, but related to WSJ. Thanks to [user]ghostexiled[/user] for these 2 videos, which detail the publishing process of Shounen Jump using One Piece as an example. It's pretty cool :cool: A lot of things are stuff people who read Bakuman would already know, but there are a few interesting points not in Bakuman that I also pointed out in this post.

Part 1, Part 2

There are no subs but you should still be able to get what's going on. If you need clarifications on any parts, just mention it and I'm sure someone here who understands Japanese (Asarii, Negative, me...) will help :tem
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

I found some illustartions that Jump authors drew for the earthquake victims.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Inumaru Dashi's is so cute :XD Looks like a post card or letter.

Quick translations for the messages on them, in a bit of a rush so sorry if there are little mistakes or grammar errors etc.
Toriyama Akira
Thank you everyone! The Genki Dama's getting bigger and bigger! - Mister Satan

Akimoto Osamu
We're with you!

Shinohara Kenta
To everyone who was affected by the earthquake and tsunami, my prayers and well wishes are with you. Right now, the outpouring of support in/for Japan is great and everyone is taking each others hands/putting their hands together. I pray that smiles will return to all your faces even a day sooner.

Tamura Ryuuhei
We'll do our best! Yeah!

Sakaki Kenji
Anyway, anyway, do your best!

Murase Katsutoshi
big words: Let's do our best together!
ball: We are all one!
small text: I want to be of strength to the quake victims who are all doing their best even now! I'm sure that's what the whole world is thinking too! And so do I! Be tenacious!!

Iwamoto Naoki
Let's work hard, together

Sakaki Shouta
To all quake victims, I hope for the day where you will be able to live in peace/safety will come sooner. All the best!

Amano Akira
We're with you!

Ooishi Kouji
I sincerely hope that the day when the quake victims can return to their normal everyday lives will come even a day sooner. Please don't lose (TN: to the disaster)!!

EDIT: Akiyama posted this in a different thread, but here they are in wallpaper form.
 
Last edited:

cartofipai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
if there isn't any jump maybe people will translate some of the new series...i saw they've put magico on mangafox ...
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I don't think so :sweat Translating a new series isn't a one-off thing that can be done just because the magazine's on break. It's a commitment a translator has to make every week until the series ends (though of course they can drop it if need be) :) But yes, magico is being done by MRI Edited Mangas now :amuse I think there was someone translating Sengoku Armors so hopefully that will be picked up soon.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I feel kind of uneasy because Kishimoto is not under those(even though Oda isn't either)...

Kubo's looks sick btw.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I think there's should come soon, so don't worry :) from what I can see on the website, it looks like the ones that are currently there arrived in batches and not all at once so others like Kishimoto, Oda, Shiibashi, Shimabukuro etc could well come later when they are submitted :amuse

If anything untoward had happened to any of the mangaka I'm sure there would have been news by now, anyway.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i just began to read magico and i didn't thought it could be this good. hopefully i won't become a second Oumagadoki Doubutsuen. Is it really this important to turn a gag/slice of life/school manga into a power battle manga with endless boss battles? this was exactly the reason why bleach dropped this far into the middle and the reason of khr to be near the bottom. It's probably a lot more easier to draw some action scence with one liners as an dramatic story.

Are their any Edited Manga groups who shows interest in sengoku? Didn't thought it would take "so long" after such a good one-shot.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
thanks to you i decided to read Magico :)
i just finished reading the 2 chapters in EatManga and it was good , i will definitely keep following it!
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Though I still like current Oumagadoki I know what you mean, it's really disappointing to see so many of these things forced to go full on battle manga to survive.

If Magico goes anywhere I really hope it can avoid that sort of fate.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
what do you expect exactly ? because from what I've seen, ritual=battle

And isn't Sengoku armors nothing but another. Honestly I'm far from sharing the general enthusiasm this manga seems to have. It looked extremely cliché to me. At least even if the ritual things seems quite of hair splitted and the constant nosebleed a bit annoying, the start point of magico seems more refreshing

Well in Bakuman too we have a mariage promise in the beginning...
 
Last edited:

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
yeah in the worst case scenario it will become an only battle manga, but hopefully it will be like gintama. battles are okay, but not constant for 16 chapters like oumagi does (and the arc hasn't even ended yet)
i think magico has the potencial for an interesting world, because it ins't bond to anything specificly, like naruto or one piece. there arent limits for creativity... but yeah, creativity ins't the easiest thing at all. =)
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I feel kind of uneasy because Kishimoto is not under those(even though Oda isn't either)...

Kubo's looks sick btw.
Viz has already confirmed with both Shueisha and Shogakukan, that all of their authors are safe.

The illustrations will just trickle in slowly... I mean the one on Hakusensha's website didn't have much until a few days ago, and now we have a lot of the top Hana to Yume authors posting. Just wait patiently...

---------------

Regarding Magico, don't worry, I'll be translating it until the series is canceled or ended (or, if something happens to me).

It's really funny, because originally, I've all but given up on newer WSJ series ever since the end of Akaboshi and Hoop. I haven't even touched Enigma or Zoo even though the feedback seem nice. I have no idea what had gotten into me, but I just sort of decided to check out this round's new series, including Magico (and that was two weeks ago, and I only read chapter 3 when I decided that I want to translate this series :P). While I'm not going to proclaim it's the second coming of anything, I find it really enjoyable and entertaining.

Anyway, enjoy, 3 and 4 should come in the next few days (I've finished the translation for 4 just yesterday).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top