Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Promised Neverland.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Magico's cancellation was definitely pretty justified, I haven't seen many series go so much against their good points as suddenly as it did. It's like Iwamoto wanted to get it cancelled.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You are a rich guy, man... You should switch to volumes.
Also, you buy the magazines to read what you want and that's about it, not to read what you want and to vociferate on the internet about the other things. <_>
I know you don't like 僕が僕であるために from Gangan because you said you were not interested, but you didn't say it was trash and should be cancelled. Honestly, I respect you for keeping your composure. It lacks here...
Gangan actually wasn't one of them, I read almost everything in there, including To Be What I Am. The only ones I think are shit and absolutely deserve cancellation there are Inaka no Omawari-san and that crappy imouto LN series. The magazines I get for just one series are Young Jump, Gessan, Monthly Young Magazine, and Young Magazine the 3rd.
The trick is to translate the series you like in them so you can ask other people to actually pay for the magazines.

Magico's cancellation was definitely pretty justified, I haven't seen many series go so much against their good points as suddenly as it did. It's like Iwamoto wanted to get it cancelled.
Yeah, I really wish he'd come back with a new series (that isn't Meteor Syndrome because that honestly kind of sucked) but the arc with that sudden new love interest was garbage. The actual final arc was pretty decent but it was obviously supposed to have a lot more buildup than it did.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Is the full (top 200) 2016 manga volume sales coming out at the end of this month?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Gangan actually wasn't one of them, I read almost everything in there, including To Be What I Am. The only ones I think are shit and absolutely deserve cancellation there are Inaka no Omawari-san and that crappy imouto LN series. The magazines I get for just one series are Young Jump, Gessan, Monthly Young Magazine, and Young Magazine the 3rd.
The trick is to translate the series you like in them so you can ask other people to actually pay for the magazines.


Yeah, I really wish he'd come back with a new series (that isn't Meteor Syndrome because that honestly kind of sucked) but the arc with that sudden new love interest was garbage. The actual final arc was pretty decent but it was obviously supposed to have a lot more buildup than it did.
I bet Gessan is because of Karakai Jouzu no Tagaki-san. :P

I see.... You are a smart guy. :3c
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I bet Gessan is because of Karakai Jouzu no Tagaki-san. :P

I see.... You are a smart guy. :3c
Nah, Gessan's for Hitoribocchi.

Also goddamnit I just remembered that one Iwamoto oneshot I've got... again. I keep forgetting about it until someone brings up magico.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nah, Gessan's for Hitoribocchi.

Also goddamnit I just remembered that one Iwamoto oneshot I've got... again. I keep forgetting about it until someone brings up magico.
What?! You don't read Takagi-san? D:
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What?! You don't read Takagi-san? D:
I've read a few chapters but it's not really my thing.
Getting mildly off topic though, unless you want to pretend people care about the Gessan thread and use that.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Do we ever know TPN print number for 2 volumes?

Since April 4/4 coming up pretty soon, I think we should expect some new print number for

Neverland and Yuragi (it's been 3000 years since the last one).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've read a few chapters but it's not really my thing.
Getting mildly off topic though, unless you want to pretend people care about the Gessan thread and use that.
Really? It was not you who translated Tonari no Seki-kun? The two is similar, but Tagaki-san is able to be even better in many ways, you should give it another try.
I would have to edit my post a third time to talk about Takagi-san. XD
BUT, I will save my post from your hands with the next line. :P

I just read one oneshot that Iwamoto drew so far after Magico and it was not that great... I think he is having trouble to get a good idea and convince the editor to publish him again.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
By the way, this rant is only possible because of piracy. You wouldn't spend your money in something just to continuously criticize it and don't enjoy it.
Well Black Clover is in ESJ. As will WCS probably. Its like 50c an issue (20 if you got it on sale), which is so cheap you can afford it just by scavenging coins off the ground.... People hardly have to break the bank to keep up with at least the Jump series' they dont like legally.

New Series Ranking:
1. Neverland
2. Kimetsu
3. Yuragi
4. Golazo
5. Spring Weapon
6. Red Sprite
7. Love Rush
8. Amalgram
9. Takuan
10. Demons Plan

Even the worst of this round imo (U19) is above Red Sprite, so I guess thats a positive.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Jump Giga 2017 issue #01 Preview

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
issue #18 Preview


--- Double Post Merged, ---

My hero academia Color spread :
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've decided to curse U19. It was an absolutely awful series and squandered any potential the mangaka may have had. Reads like it was written by a middle schooler listening to Linkin Park. Sad!

Edit- Brags can't even advertise oneshot for Jump Giga!? Come one Shueisha.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Also goddamnit I just remembered that one Iwamoto oneshot I've got... again. I keep forgetting about it until someone brings up magico.
Is it a oneshot about a kid riding a Chocobo bird and trying to get to school or something?

because I've been thinking I dreamed or imagined a oneshot like that for the longest time
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Naruto Shipuuden episode this week is really the last. They are recaping the very first one (I translate it using dial up connection at the time haha) with a very nice quality.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Dr.Stone's dialogue is getting worse somehow.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Dr.Stone's dialogue is getting worse somehow.
The Vocabulary of the Translations are going in the direction of both the manga and real life. It's going to Stone Age ability :nod
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top